The Hunger Games Peeta or Gale?

runda99 posted on Oct 19, 2008 at 04:47PM
SPOILER ALERT!!! DONT READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE BOOK!

This should be interesting, as I myself am having an internal struggle between this. So clearly Peeta has fallen for Katniss, but she doesn't feel the same way... why? Well I think it is obvious that near the end of the book she admits to herself what she has been ignoring with excuses such as "hunting partner" and "competition" nonsense.. the fact that she loves Gale. And of course she says that he has no interest in them and it shocks her because all the girls want him... well that can mean one thing... THAT GALE LOVES HER TOO!

So I made it obvious that I am for the whole Gale-Katniss roller-coaster ride because they already get along so well and I think they need each other.. however I won't deny that I had softened up a lot toward Peeta when the competition of the Games got fierce. He truly seems to love her and he was honest about liking her all along... so where does this leave Katniss? What should she do?

I tend to change my mind a lot... and I still have until next September when Book II comes out, but for now I will take my stance, I am Team Gale.

The Hunger Games 833 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 701-750 of 833

over a year ago silver93 said…
no fair i wanted 700, i call 800!
over a year ago THG123 said…
I'M
IN LOVE
WITH
PEETA
MELLARK
HIJAKED OR
NOT
ALWAYS WILL LOVE HIM! okayy silver93, go ahead and make it 800 replies.
last edited over a year ago
meh
I wonder if Gale marries someone else.
forgot to mention, I bought a new laptop and I love it! It's not slow and my comments actually show up, so I still want to keep discussing on this. My new goal is to get this up to 800 replies. Okay, so does Gale marry someone else? Well, Katniss says he's handsome, so I guess he would get lots of girlfriends. He probably married later on in life, around his 30's or late 20's. Do you think Haymitch ever babysit Katniss and Peeta's kids? If you do, what do you think it would be like. (Lol, yes, a pretty ridiculous question, I know)
over a year ago selvisch said…
smile
definitely peeta ,he is the best ... katniss and peeta match perfectly ....i hate gale :D
over a year ago sexxiemogirl said…
cool
Gale is better. he has loved her the longest and he's strong and hot.
Actually Peeta has loved her the longest and he's also strong and hot... so...?
over a year ago Arissa1422 said…
Yeah, Peeta has loved her since they were little, and Gale actually admitted to kissing girls when him and Katniss were friends, and he didn't start loving her until about 6 months before the first hunger games. He said it himself.
...HOLY CRAP YOU STARTED THIS FORUM AGAIN? I was keeping off it because you said it slowed down your computer! I call the 800 reply by the way.
over a year ago jennabug121 said…
smile
I love Gale as most of you know because I think he is strong in both ways (inside and out) Also Gale Gale was on the mision to save Peeta. That took alot of tollerance to go and save the person your lover is in love with. Gale also owed Peeta for protecting Katniss in the arena. So in a way they both owed eachother something. I just love Gale because his emotions are barried deep down inside him, and Katniss had to dig deep to get to them. And duuhhhh he's hot!
silver93,

Yeah, I told you, I got a new computer, it wasn't the internet's fault, it was the shitty computer. haha.

Jennabug121

Alright, but I only like Peeta because at the end, when everyone said it's impossible, he beat the hijaking because his love for Katniss was that strong. Honestly, the only emotions I think Gale has is anger and jealousy and a bit of love for his family but really he gave up on Katniss like she was yesterday's newspaper and moved on, but Katniss made it pretty clear she had nothing to do with him anymore. And on the contrary...Peeta is also hot.
Hahaha, i think Collins made it clear that they were both very attractive. (:
crying
Gale has more to him than anger, I would be angry too if the Capitol nearly killed the person I loved twice. But it took so much from him to leave Katniss. He left for her so that she could morn he sister's death. He knew that she would never be able to forget so he did what he had to do- he loved her!
well to me it was sorta like this,
"well my bomb maybe kinda blew up your sister...hmm lost my chances, didnt I?...so....I'm off to district 2, okay bye."
Don't you even think about what Peeta had to go through?
Abusive mother,
picked for Hunger Games,
loses leg,
Blood poisoning,
Trakerjacker attack,
Almost has to commit suicide,
Mutts attack,
Gets heart broken,
Has to marry someone who doesn't even know they want to marry him back.
Gets Katniss "pregnant,"
Has to go again to the Hunger Games,
Heart stops by forcefield,
Gets attacked by creepy fog,
Gets attacked by mutant monkeys,
suffer massive explosion in arena,
Taken by Capitol and tortured,
Get's hijaked and pretty much lives in a nightmare,
finds out friends and family are dead,
Has to fight in a war,
Was present at the explosion that killed Prim, therefore went Kablooey,

Total of 22.

Wow that dude is unlucky.

Here's what Gale had to go through,

Father dies,
Has to take care of family by hunting,
The girl he's loved for 6 months before the Games kisses some other guy.
girl he likes almost marries some other guy,
gets whipped,
Has to suffer, because that girl he likes is almost dead,
District blows up and he's present,(but at least his family doesn't die)
has to be in war (but he chooses to be)
Kills the girl he like's sister therefore loses chances and leaves for District 2.

Total of 11. We can all say Peeta suffered more. Notice Gale's is more emotional and notice Peeta's is a mix of both. Just making a point, not to jennabug but some other Gale fans who keep saying Peeta's a wimp. Right. I'd like to see you get out alive from all that.
I blame Gale for Madge dying too. If he really cared about Katniss, he would have taken care of the people she loved, no matter where they came from. Also, I think he left Katniss for himself. He wouldn't have gotten anything out of being with her, and plus their relationship was dead. It was dying after the games and just got weaker and weaker as the war became more violent. It's not that Gale couldn't have been a good guy, he just wasn't right for Katniss.
I KNOW! I was upset at Gale when he didn't even go after Madge or anyone else Katniss knew, I mean she was her only friend that was a female back then. I know she comes from a wealthier family but that doesn't mean she doesn't have a heart. I know a part of him is good, but the rest is nasty, jealousy, anger, frustration, irratation.
I really liked Madge too, I liked her more than Gale.
Yes because she's sweet, shy and innocent, she really didn't deserve to die. And Finnick and Prim, how come they get such horrible deaths? Honestly.
Out of my favorite characters (Rue, Finnick, Prim, Haymitch, Katniss) 3 of them died. I loved Finnick and Prim so much!! i cried WAY to much when they died. And i thought about the Madge thing too... if Gale really loved Katniss..don't you think you would get her only girlfriend out alive? But of course, he doesn't. He didn't do anything good for her after the first hunger games. And he gets angry, yells, complains, and makes Katniss blame things on herself all the time. Peeta would do anything to make her feel great. And Peeta loved her pretty much since forever. And i don't know but if i was really in love with someone, i wouldn't just forget about them and go chillin in district 2. i would try to do something, he didn't do jack shit.
If only people were like you Arissa142 and silver93, is seems like all the smart fans have been replaced with fans that don't avoid most things and think of one thing, like honestly Kaya Scolderario (did I spell that right?) She has such pale skin it hurts my eyes, (and putting on makeup won't work, because make up globs up on lines and you can completely tell she has make up on), and she has a british accent (It's hard to change that into an American accent, believe me,) and I've heard she has a couple rude photos of herself on the web.
Thanks! and yeah i know.. i know she is a decent actress, but all the other things you mentioned (i recently heard about the picture thing too) just drops her down like 182746 notches. I really, like Willa Holland. But i doubt her, or Kaya (luckily) will get the part, i haven't even heard about either of them even thinking about the movie.
I also realized.. any forum that we come on too, the subject always ends up changing, hahahahah!
Hey, the guy from House has a British accent and covers it flawlessly! Also you dont have to be smart or dumb to mhave an opinion.
Kaya wants the role, she's made some comments about it on her Twitter. It's Willa Holland that probably knows nothing about the role, which sucks because she looks just like her. And I really want the actress to look like Katniss. I'm even picky about Kaya having blue eyes instead of gray.
jennabug

my cousin lived in London for about 10 years, now they live in Toronto (7-8 years by now) and still have that accent, I love hearing them talk, it's so funny the things they say. Hugh Laurie is a grown adult, Kaya is way younger and doesn't have the acting experience he has (I'm not sure how long he's been acting, but I remember my mom watching House when I was a lot younger). And the dumb people should think before they have an opinion.

Arissa1422,

just trying to keep the forum going, it's fun when you change subject.

silver93,

I wish... Willa is my first choice, then unknown, then Lyndsy (I've seen Nikita, she is a good choice, just a bit old.) Everyone would want to play the role of a kick-ass heroine, but I just want Willa to get the role.

Hey I'm not an actor or an adult and I can do a British accent, and I'm sure there are a whole lot of British people who make fun of American accents and do them pretty dang well :/
we aren't making fun of British accents, i personally love them! THG123 is just saying, it might be hard for Kaya to cover it up since she is a less experienced actress.
honestly Jennabug? who wouldn't love british accents? I don't think you got what I meant. Thanks Arissa1422 for clearing it up.
Anytime(:

And i was thinking about it... and i guess i wouldn't be completely pissed off if Kaya got the roll. I wouldn't be happy but i wouldn't be mad either. i guess i could deal with it.
BUT, i still like Willa Holland SO MUCH!
Some people can do it, but most of the time stuff comes through. It's really difficult. I can do a British accent too, but only for so long. And the American accent is difficult. Since it takes place in North America, I think someone from the United States or Canada should do it.
Oh no I know what you're saying but I also think it can be done and has been done
I don't understand why you want a British actor to play an American role.
Exactly! There's millions of American and Canadian actors, unknown or famous, one of them at least has to somewhat look like Katniss. Why get a British actor to play the role?
I could name like 5 American actors i would like more than Kaya. So why bother with her.
I keep remembering the big debate over having an American or a British actor play Harry Potter. And one of the people said that it would distract from the movie to have an American actor playing him because they'd spend the whole movie wondering if his accent would slip up.

Did any of you want Katniss to end up with Gale before the third book?
i said before that yes i did. only in The Hunger Games though. i felt like i really didn't know either of them, and i always thought that when Katniss was saying goodbye to Gale, and he was getting pulled out of the room and got cut off, i thought he was gonna say "I love you"
i thought Peeta was so sweet in the cave, but i didn't trust him yet because of the whole careers thing. And also i thought that Katniss was just putting on a show to win, so if Peeta did really love her, Katniss didn't love him back. And Gale loved her, and she genuinely liked Gale as a person and knew him and trusted him more than Peeta, so at the time i thought Gale was better.
But catching fire changed my mind.
over a year ago yazie20 said…
hmmm... no. i've always liked peeta better. at first it was because you know 'blond hair& blue eyes' but then i just like loved how sweet he was, but i was NEVER team gale...
Something steered me towards Peeta, I never really understood why people support Gale, so I was pretty much always on Peeta's side.
in every book i read, i always steer towards the one that people end up not liking or the guy that is never picked. Unless there is pretty good reasons to change sides, (Like gale in mockingjay.) otherwise i like the less popular one.
It's not cause she's British it's because she's my fav actress for the part

and yes I've loved Gale all along :)
I liked Gale for about a minute until I read the way Katniss thought about him. It didn't seem like she liked him that way. And I pretty much liked Peeta the whole time except for the parts when I was confused if he was going to kill her.
Thats why i wasn't sure about peeta. i really wasn't on any specific side until the middle/end of catching fire. Through The Hunger Games and Catching Fire i was in the middle but leaning towards gale, but at the end i was leaning towards peeta, and then mockingjay i was completely peeta
I never really wanted her to end up with Gale. If she didn't end up with Peeta she would have been fine alone. I think I liked Peeta after they were talking to Haymitch about what each of them could do.