The Worst Generation [The Worst Generation: Hippies, Life, Rave and...Magic?!]

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19PM
rave
/rav/
verb
1. talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
2. speak or write about someone or something with great enthusiasm or admiration.

Hippy
hip·pie
/ˈhipē/
noun
(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

life
/līf/
noun
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
3. a particular type or aspect of people's existence
4. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
5. vitality, vigor, or energy.
6. (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

Magic
mag·ic
/ˈmajik/
noun
1. the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
2. mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
3. a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
4. something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
mag·ic
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***

~Plot Stuff~
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, there existed an otherworldly arcane essence that existed by the name of Magic/Magick. This essence was a variety of things. Lush and in great abundance, full of life and a energy that science had become a pale reflection of in the years that followed. However, it was also an essence that harbored a wicked face as well, bound to attract misfortune and death to all who were able to understand and or obtain it if not tamed properly. The secrets of this essence falling into the wrong hands would bring nothing but catastrophe.

And catastrophe it brought, those hundreds a years ago. One that thrust magic into an era in which it had began to fade and a new form of energy created at the hands of man became the new. The world in which magic had come from became a myth, magic itself became a myth as time progressed and left it to fade and never be seen again.

Or perhaps....what isn't seen isn't truly gone. And perhaps...the world thought to be myth is much more than just so. But what is certain is that what has lurked in the veils of shadows within the darkness, behind illusions of people, places and things. Forces that had managed to slip into the ages of the new world. Those of good. Those of evil and malice. Those of...magic. And perhaps...hope. But...will the newest of generations derived from those hundreds of years be able to face what comes?

And so we fly ahead in time to the present, where villages have become cities of tall structures, and dreams of flight have become a reality.

~TWG Terminology and Lore~

link
link
link
link

~Characters~

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
-
link
Sangeon Park
link
link
-
link
link
link
link
last edited on Mar 11, 2020 at 02:27PM

The Worst Generation 9440 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1301-1350 of 9440

over a year ago cosmic_fusions said…
Kore was skeptical while watching Leonard read a book since it seemed so.... unnatural of him. Her eyes squinted while she stared at him suspiciously, before they went to his cigarette pack in his pocket. "Mind giving your favorite pink-haired lady another cig?" She blinked repeatedly with pouty lips.
over a year ago afewseconds said…
"Yeah I get you," Raven muttered in agitation. It wasn't really even Sammy's doing, but the fact that there were actually people who thought that way about gaming. "But the people who would assume that are fuckin' retarded. That's like saying people who watch other people play basket ball or football or baseball are all just a buncha gays because they like to watch a bunch of sweaty dudes run around playing with balls," she said, not knowing that she had honestly made somewhat of a decently structured joke. Though the analogy was probably a bit rough, the passion she had towards gaming was starting to show. "Video games are just as much of an art as all of that other shit! It takes way more time and effort it takes to design and frame and add textures and color and stuff is way more than throwing a fucking ball let alone to actually get good at them!" She ranted, though she quieted down some when people looked at them while she and Sammy were passing by. "If you want to sit down and enjoy some video games, then there's nothing wrong with that," she murmured, looking to prove it.

Raven stepped around some of the machines in the back that were out of order and they came across a space that was a light squeeze, but it was enough for people to slip through. Moving some of the cords out of the way, she began to move sideways through the space, lifting the cords afterwards so that Sammy wouldn't get tangled in them while coming through.
over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
"Not unless you plan on buying another pack with the company expenses" Leo said without taking his eyes off the book, turning the page to the next one to a comically exaggerated panel. He didn't look at her, barely paying attention to her, and thus the outside of the arcade, yet this was just how he handled any sort of stake out. By just passing the time in his own way
afewseconds commented…
Well fuck you too then XD over a year ago
cosmic_fusions commented…
>:/ over a year ago
Windwakerguy430 commented…
They are not nasty. They aren't Cheetos. And even if they were, Yoon would still like them because Yoon loves garbage XD over a year ago
"Ohh but Leooo~" Kore whined with a pouty face. "I'm asking nicely in my very cute stockings. Not to mention I left work early just for youuu." She added. "I can be the nice cop here or I can burn your book into oblivion and maybe crash this car for funzies if you want me to be the bad cop just for a cigarette.~" She warned.
Sammy stopped for a bit as she listened to Raven's rant about it all, blinking a bit in shock as she continued, before finally coming to a halt. Sammy could only get a big grin growing onto her face as she chuckled and responded, "You got quite the potty mouth when you get passionate, huh, Rave." Regardless, she kept a genuine smile on her face, glad that Raven was starting to relax, staring to get comfortable around her to just be herself. As Sammy continued her fit of light laughter, she passed under the cords like they were vines before coming out behind them with a nod to Raven, "Thanks"

Leo gave a groan as he reached into his pocket, pulling out a single cigarette and tossing it to her lazily while he complained, "Jeez, you complain just like a child. I can see nothing's changed since you were younger" Leo immediately went back to his book after handing her the cigarette, letting out a bothered sigh once he could
Raven mumbled a "No problem", blushing now that she had gotten the rant out of her system and realized that she had actually gone on a tangent. It was much like when she was nervous and couldn't stop talking sometimes. The opposite side to the same coin. But luckily, it helped to hear Sammy laughing. Her voice is nice..., she thought to herself but quickly pushing it out of her head. "Now all we gotta do is–" She stepped over a few more thick cords from the machines until she could turn a corner that led them to a door.

It looked like the door to one of those walk-in freezers you would see in warehouses and was covered in scrapes and dent here and there from who knew what.

"Ya know, its..actually kinda cool to meet somebody else to plays Persona," Raven said shyly while feeling around the edges at the top of the door. "M-my old PlayStation is in here somewhere if you...ya know, want to play the first one? And I think I have Innocent Sin somewhere in here too."
"Young?" Kore's brow lifted and she laughed at the word. "Yeah, okay Grandpa." She gladly took the cigarette, pressing her thumb on the open end and lighting it with ease. She deeply inhaled the smoke and held it in her lungs for longer than usual. "Waiting for a bunch of teens to exit the arcade is a little stupid." She finally blew out the smoke. "I don't think one of those monsters are stupid enough to attack in broad daylight either. I mean, I wouldn't."

After Kyung-ha was done washing the several plates used for today's late lunch, she swept the floors of the small apartment. Well, most of it. She was still missing one room: Yoon's. She stood in front of her daughter's door, gripping the mop in her hands tightly before releasing a sigh and knocking on the door gently. "Yoonie?" Kyung-ha frowned. "Yoonie, I know today was not a nice day, but I would like to talk to you about some things... I keep a lot from you, and I'm sorry but I willing to tell you everything now." She leaned her head against the door. "Yoonie..." Kyung-ha called out for her daughter, her frown deepening when she heard no response. "Yoonie, you can't stay mad at me forever. I bring you bowl of ice cream and we call it a deal, eh?" She suggested with an effort of a smile. However, there was still no response from the other side. This made the mother's brows knit in slight frustration since usually at the mentioning of food, Yoon would come out. "Yoon Park, why you no---" And when Kyung-ha opened the door, she gasped when she realized there was no Yoon to be found in the small room. In fact, her window was wide open with sheets poorly tied together hanging off of it.

Meanwhile, about three miles from the Park residence, Yoon was briskly walking under the Florida sun with her oversized hoodie and sweatpants. However, it wasn't necessarily the heat from the sun that was making her sweat. But rather, a boiling energy inside her that she was too close in letting loose in her room. Her mouth felt awfully dry and her head was spinning. She could feel short her legs wobble and giving up on her the more she forced her body to move. But the anger in her refused to stop or return home for that matter. She didn't want to see her mom who she felt always blamed her for everything and could care less if she disappeared. If anything she seemed to be much more interested in Yasha, Abel, and even Nicholas to the point of comparing her to them and pointing out her flaws. Yoon squeezed her duffle bag at the thought of this, her anger growing which reinforced that itching feeling in her body to just let it all out. It was the same feeling she felt back in the other dimension when she tore open the ground beneath her. She wasn't quite sure where she was headed, but she figured staying at a motel would do her better than staying in a house where she wasn't even wanted. As she rushed through the crowd, she found herself unintentionally bumping into several people now that her vision turned fuzzy. The loud voices around her became distant echoes as she blinked incoherently. And before she knew it, by the end of the street she fell unconscious face first on the ground.
Sammy gave a bit of thought to it, before she gave a shrug and a grin and said, "And here I thought arcades were for games that only took like five minutes. But yeah, I would be down for that. I appreciate it" Sammy stopped at the sight of the door, looking over it up and down curiously before responding, "Huh, guess you just gotta use what you can find". Sammy did have to admit that it had a sort of charm to it, though it made her wonder what kind of place the building was before it became an arcade

"Well I'm sorry you don't like it, but that's how this job works" Leo said, turning yet another page in his book before adding, "Being a Constable isn't all about killing monsters and fighting them off. It's just a glorified police force. Patience is all part of the requirements for this job." Leo could tell he wasn't going to get much reading done with Kore around, so he closed the book, setting it onto his lap, and continued, "Besides, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Believe it or not, I care enough to not let people die needlessly"
last edited over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
What he said makes literally no sense though XD But okay over a year ago
You're probably right, but I'm like.... immensely tired XD over a year ago
There, a version with less retardation XD over a year ago
Note, I said LESS. Not NONE over a year ago
While Yoon was unconscious there was a ominous vehicle that drove by slowly, its windows tinted so dark that it would be a surprise if the driver hadn't gotten pulled over around every corner it had turned while it had been following her. A couple of people came by to check on the unconscious woman, and the car drove off to the next block.
-
It didn't take long for Abel to be sitting up straight in his hotel bed to stare blankly at the wall in front of him. It only took the phone to ring once for him to swipe it from the dresser and answer. "Agent Dead Man," He answered with the alias given to him while on duty.

"Agent 5-0"

"Report."

"It's Kyung-ha Park's daughter, sir. It seems that she is unconscious out in the middle of the sidewalk. Current status of the crowd is a flat."

"Location?" Abel questioned sharply, already out of the bed and straightening his tie. He hadn't changed his clothing nor had he taken off his shoes while resting his body. This wasn't unusual for him when he was on duty outside of Korea, for he thought it more efficient to be prepared to take action even while in a resting period.

"A couple miles away from her residence on Henders Blvd. Should we contact the mother?"

"No." Abel said. "Scramble any signals attempting to reach out to the the emergency line within a four mile radius and give me the distance between my location and yours. I'll tend to this personally."

"And the girl?"

"Leave her. Focus on dispersing the crowd."

~

"Yeah, somethin' like that," Raven said absentmindedly in response while her hand searched. Don't tell me he moved it, she was thinking to herself when her fingers slipped into a spot where the door was bent away from the wall. She felt around until her fingers crossed a piece of cold metal that was comparable to the size of her thumb, and soon she retrieved the rusty key that she had been looking for. "Got it," she announced and blew air through lightly puckered lips. She slid the key into the door's drilled in and horribly made locks. But instead of pushing the door inwards, she slid it to the left to open it. Inside the room was dark, only the walkway just in front of them and a portion of the grey racks that were closer to the door on one side being visible thanks to the light from behind them. A small chill poured from the dark opening, and Raven shivered just a little. "Oh god, he forgot to turn of the A/C again," She groaned. She motioned for Sammy to step inside and went in after her with the key so she could close the door behind them..
Sammy stepped in, being a bit thankful that she was wearing her jacket now as she stepped in, snickering as she saw Raven shiver as she responded, "You're not gonna get pneumonia, are ya?" But she immediately went silent as she stepped in, enjoying the very relaxed feeling she got from inside the room, her eyes moving from one end to the other in amazement, "Wow, you got your own little club in this place?" Sammy asked as she stepped in, looking around in curiosity "And you're telling me you aren't popular in some way to have a room dedicated to yourself? I'm kinda jealous, honestly"
"Huh?" Raven turned around after the door closed, pitch black consuming them from sight. "Well its not dedicated to me," she said. "This place is Dean's. I'm just welcome to come and go as I please. Besides," her face was lit by the light from her phone screen until the flashlight came on to reveal where they were. "This is just the walkway. You weren't kidding when you said that you guys are impressed easily," she giggled some but quickly cleared her throat, motioning Sammy to follow her king. "C'mon, this way. I gotta cut off this A/C before we do catch pneumonia."
"Huh, wish I could be friends with retail workers. You seem to get all the perks" Sammy joked as she stepped forward, shrugging at Raven's response, "Like I said, I sit around in a van all day. The most we ever see is maybe the outside of a club and that's it, unless you get lucky deals from total strangers" Sammy said with a shrug, remembering that one club from last night, which then reminded her of something else. She didn't know why, but she felt the need to bring it up, "We also went to Montana once. Nothing much. Just snow. And cows." Sammy didn't really offer much more than that than an awkward shrug before she continued forward, seeing the room starting to pen up just down the way
The few people that did reach out to help the unconscious women soon noticed a strange aura electrify their bodies. At the slightest touch, they felt a jolt of energy shock them. Strands of their hair raised the closer they got to Yoon, which was enough for some of them to leave her alone or not try to steal from her. Her phone began to buzz in her pocket continuously, the caller obviously being her mother. But the only way her body reacted was with mild twitching.

"You do?" Kore asked sarcastically with a playful roll of her eyes. She looked out the window and exhaled another drag of smoke. "Ya know, I can spice things up and call a friend of mine to play Pacman. He'll gobble up all the kids and you'll finally be worth something to report back to the authorities or whatever. It'll be like a real life video game." She giggled at the thought. "Or I bet I know someone who could actually get them stuck inside that game. It would be pretty cool and much more fun than whatever this is right now."

Leo looked over at her, this look of caution in his eyes, yet his facial expression remained the same. As he looked back at the building, he responded, "You know if you do call in a creature, once it's dead, I'll be coming for you. And unlike other Constables, I don't keep my targets alive for research or anything. You should be grateful I don't haul you in with that threat. You know threats on humans is a serious offense for your kind here. So, to put it bluntly, no, don't spice things up. If you're bored, you're more than welcome to leave."

As the crowd was gathered around Yoon's body, staring down at her, one person stepped through the crowd getting close to her, pushing a few gently to the side while constantly replying with, "Pardon me. 'Scuse me". Finally making his way to the front, he got onto one knee to look down at her, reaching down to feel her pulse only to retract his hands when he felt a sudden shock. Surprised by this, though not frightened away, he grabbed her hand again, the sensation feeling like a light shock from a gag gift. Making sure that she was still alive was a priority, and once he was sure, he finally pulled his hand back, brushing the strands of hair back that had stood up, turning quickly to the crowd and shouted politely at them, "Alright, citizens, this is private business, please, go about your business. We'll take care of things here. Professionals will be on their way soon." The man took his badge out to reassure people to start moving, the badge reading Claudio McNeel. Thoughts were going through his head as he continued to move the crowd away from Yoon, "Sheesh, this is what I'm dealing with on my break".
Go away xD over a year ago
He's just here until Abel gets here, also to add his involvement. After that, Abel can take her and toss her into the trash XD over a year ago
No, why doesn’t Leo like seeing humans gobbled up xD over a year ago
I don't know, Jade. I don't know what it's like in Mrs. Sippi, but not everyone likes seeing humans getting eaten over a year ago
"Montana?" Raven repeated the state with curiosity in her voice. That was was a long ways away from Florida let alone Ohio. It wasn't really the place that got her attention, because as far as she knew Montana was the "country" of the north. What made her curious was someone like Sammy going to a place like that, and so she asked, "Gee, someone like you hangin' out in Montana?" She paused for a second to shove an empty box out of the way with her foot. "What sorta crazy story got you guys all the way out there?"

~

It didn't take long for Abel appeared at the scene, the street where Yoon had passed out on luckily being nearly just around the corner from the hotel where he booked his room. A fortunate coincidence for both he and the girl. He walked with a brisk pace and an expression solemn that bordered on agitation and upon seeing Yoon, this only became even more so.

The closer he got, the more Yoon's magic began to became like clothing being packed down into a suitcase too small. The man moved passed concerned individuals, and he moved as if his presence was less so there than everyone else's. Once he was only a few feet away, the magic seeping from you was forced down further.

The fire hydrant's pressure at the end of the sidewalk was released and it suddenly erupted, a man dressed black walking away in the opposite direction hurriedly while storing something away in his coat.

This diverted attention away from Abel, who looked down at Yoon with a scowl from a closer distance before lifting her off of the ground. He wasn't very gentle with the action, delicacy note being necessary to him while in the act of leaving the scene as quickly as possible and made his way back to where he had parked on the next street over.
"Oh, The Long Legged Bitch of the Plains" Sammy said, snickering to herself casually, thinking about how she'd remember that for Jackie the next time she'd see her. But after she got over her little fit of laughter, she continued, "It's a long story, really. We just went there because... well, Mason heard we'd find some witches there performing rituals. Turns out it was just an old lady who lived in the woods and made a lot of tea. So back to the good old east coast we came. Needless to say, I don't have much of a desire to go back there anytime soon." Despite that, Sammy's thoughts went back to what Constantine said to her, about what will happen in a few months, and it started to worry her again. Not wanting the subject to drag on, she added, "Uh, hey, so, you came from LA. You must've seen some pretty cool places on your way here."

Claudio looked over at the man, not sure who he was, but made sure to speak up to him as he approached, "Now sir, this is a investigation of sorts. I would advise you to stand back so that we can understand th-" He was taken by surprise when he heard the fire hydrant go off, turning around to see the crowd starting to disperse, but his attention turned back when he saw the man walking away, carrying her in a less gentle manner. Running over to him, taking notice as he wasn't being shocked by her energy, he responded, "Well, this definitely narrows down that you aren't a civi. But, do you think you should be holding her like that? I mean... Look, regardless, do you have a report on who this is? A human? or perhaps a shape-shifter? Skinwalker, goblin with a cloaking spell, changeling, an old hag making herself look young, or possibly a possessed doll like entity?" Before Abel could even ask, the man reached into his pocket, taking out his badge, "Oh, right, I'm Claudio McNeel, new to this area. But, feel free to just call me McNeel"
"McNeel is it?" Abel had paid no mind to man while he had been walking off with Yoon until he saw the badge. Which, little did the man know, saved himself from what wasn't going to be a very pleasant moment. Regardless of this, Abel opened his car door and shoved Yoon inside onto the passenger's seat, speaking to the man. "I'm Commanding Constable Nicholi. I'd like to inform you, McNeel, that this area is currently under my jurisdiction and at the moment you're interfering with in a situation above you status. I'm going to ask that you dismiss yourself from the vicinity and refer to page five hundred and seventy of the Page One handbook."

~

...Huh? Raven found Sammy's answer to be one of the weirdest things that she had ever heard all month. And considering what she had been hearing on the news, that was saying something. But before suspicion could settle in about what had just been said, she was forced to think back to LA. "Well no, not really. I got to Florida by plane–well after taking a bus out to Arizona and that places is too fucking hot to be cool."

It didn't take long at all for them to be pushing passed a curtain made of bubble wrap and into a room that was lit by the green and blue light emitting from four respective lava lamps that sat in the corners of the room. One of them sat near a fish tank that held two filter fish and a goldfish. Together they gave more than enough light to make the few monitors, the desk that they sat on top of, and the two two-seat sofas visible. Cords and cables ran along the upper walls, held in place by staples and in some places layers of duct tape.

Boxes were stacked neatly against the wall in a corner with some of them being a little more beaten than others. A couple of posters that consisted of Bon Jovi, Three Days Grace, Queen, Jimi Hendrix, Zack Grenkie and more decorated the walls around them along with a dream-catcher that Raven had hung up a while back just because. Comic books were scattered out on one of the couches, a couple of potato chip bags resting on the floor. On the opposite side of the room there were two types of televisions. One was the more modern flatscreens of the era while the other was a bulky box TV that had the infamous red, white, and yellow plug-in ports.

"E-excuse the mess," Raven said, picking up some of the bags and empty 2 liter bottles of soda and trash them into the bag of a barrel that they had started using as a trashcan, bugged by the fact that Dean hadn't been cleaning up after himself. "Usually we agree to keep the place tidied up."
"Huh, kinda gives it that old childhood home trashy feel" Sammy tired to find the words to say that was nicer than what she had in mind, though she had to admit, it did have this comfortable feeling about it. Something just made it feel like it was right at home. She fell onto one of the couches after tossing an empty bottle into the can like a basketball, giving a sigh as she kept looking around the place, "I never thought you could make a neat little room like this in the place you work. Most people choose to keep work and fun separate."

"Nicholi?" Claudio thought to himself, already getting a bad feeling from his attitude and his use of a higher authority. It wasn't the first time someone pulled that on him just for being new. He remembered a disheveled looking officer that reeked of cigarette smoke doing the same when he tried to do a quick investigation on the club last night, but was not able to get any info afterwards. As Abel pushed Yoon's body into the car, McNeel added, "With all due respect, sir, I believe, though currently off duty for the next thirty five minutes, I was still the first member on the scene. Surely a report of some sorts is in order or something of the sort." Though McNeel had in fact read the book, at least twice on the flight over, he wasn't truly sure of the inner workings of the organization, being more capable of learning from experience rather than a book. He was only brought into the organization two months ago, and still had more questions than answers
"Negative." Abel was already walking to the driver's side door while he spoke. "You were far from the first to arrive, and even if this were fact the results would remain as they are. As I said before, the vicinity of this state is under my jurisdiction. We have more than enough agents far more competent lending their assistance at this time. In addition to that, I'll be sure to notify the Council of your seemingly lacking qualities. Perhaps a reintroduction to a perception course. Again, you may dismiss yourself accordingly." He opened his door and got into the car, glancing over at the other identical colored vehicle that drove passed as he closed the door. He had left the car running, and its rumbling engine was silent compared to the other cars that roamed the road.

~

"Its easy when you don't work here. Its even easier when your parents actually own the place like Dean's does." Raven said with a shrug. "Besides, when wok and fun are in the same room its better for everybody involved when you can make it work." After throwing away the trash she had gathered, she went over to the boxes in the corner and removed two of them so she could go rummaging through the third. "
"That is awesome" Sammy said as she rested her legs forward against the ground, letting one rest on top of the other. "I wish my parents owned a store like this... Nah, not really, that would be a mess" Sammy immediately changed her mind, a thought coming in her head that started to upset her. Started to really upset her, more than usual. But she did her best to forget about it before she spoke again, "I guess it's cool Mason works at home. Even if his boss is probably a strange guy."

"Go fuck yourself, you stiff prick"
Is what McNeel was thinking to say, the faintest sound of his molars grinding were made, but were not heard over the city streets of people talking and cars passing by. But instead, all he could reply with was a, "Understood", before he turned and walked off. Of course, many more insults filled his head, more than he knew how to use them, and just made his way back to his own car to head back to the office for what he thought would be another set of complaints thrown at him
When Abel pressed on the gas pedal, Yoon’s unconscious body fell forward; her face meeting the glove box. Her small body had squeezed itself within the legroom between the compartment and the passenger seat. She continued to twitch, her eyes blinking rapidly.

What Abel did notice was the need for him to have tighter hands on the wheel. It was as if some invisible force was shifting the wheel to a certain side unintentionally. With a sudden strike of Yoon’s left foot, the windscreen wipers came to life, in addition to his front lights flicking against his will.

Kore whined. “Oh Leo, why must you be so boring in an already boring job.” She frowned. “Fine fine, suit yourself I won’t call my certain friend. The fun will have to wait unfortunately.” She crossed her arms.
I'm as boring as I need to be *Leo said as he was already getting fed up with the place. Seeing as how there wasn't going to be much going on in the afternoon, Leo decided to just postpone until the evening, putting the car into drive once more as he asked, "So where the hell is this fancy fine and dine place where we can get your shrimp chips or whatever? Don't correct me, I really don't care. I'm just keeping my word"
As the wheel tempted to turn against his will, Abel's focus recollected itself now that the excuse of a Constable that called himself Mcneel was out of his way. He immediately saw the man as a poor representation of the organization from the moment he had pulled out his badge. Having an amateur in the vicinity during critical operations was something he thought to be ineffective.
With his shift and focus now going to the vehicle, Yoon's magic became mute. It could be explained as a wall that wedged between the connection of mana and magic and expanded to where it blocked access. However, he didn't bother to move Yoon from in between the space that she had fallen in.

The car went in a sharp loop into the rest of traffic and sped off towards the hotel. The man had no intentions of letting his questioning be softened by the woman's mother.

~

Raven was shifting through old VHS tapes and gaming cartridges when she spoke to Sammy. "If my parents were as chill as his I probably wouldn't even be in Florida right now," she snorted with grains of salt in words. She was envious of Dean and his fortunate life to a degree. And much like Sammy, she had to push down the anger and depression that the memories brought. When Mason's boss was mentioned, she was a bit surprised. "A boss? They have those for people who write articles too? That's kinda ass man–" She was nearing the bottom of the box when she found the small plastic game case that she had been looking for, the dust of non-use present all over it. She turned and tossed the case onto the other couch and moved that box aside to grab another that was labeled "Old Stuff". "Hey, ya'know anything about Metal Gear?" She asked Sammy, settling the box up onto the couch where she had thrown the case to dig through it.
"I'm telling you it'll be much easier if you just hand the forty dollars over to me." Kore interrupted before flicking her cigarette out the window. "Whaaat, you're trying to have a meal with me or somethin'?" She teased lightly. Kore retrieved her phone, entering her camera roll so she could see herself and spot any flaws on her face before someone else did.

Yoon writhed some in discomfort as she felt her own energy start to shrink inwards. And as much as she loved the current gifted hoodie she wore, she continued to sweat profusely because of her inner turmoil rather than the heat. At the sharp turn, Abel heard a rough grunt from the woman when her head met with the car's walls, leaving a definite bump on her head for later. Her phone continued to ring in her pocket until it eventually stopped. Instead, Yoon was recieving several text messages from her mother, her link blasting in Abel's car repeatedly.
NICO NICO NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII over a year ago
Oh god, smack Yoon on the head again just because Jade said that over a year ago
Get the fuck out, Jade. You're fired XD over a year ago
"Hell no" Leo immediately responded at the thought of eating dinner with her as he moved back down the road to the fanciest restaurant he knew about, turning at the first light to the left, "I eat cheap stuff, not this kind of crap. Besides, even if I had the money on me, I would rather it go to where it's intended. And there's no chance in hell I'm giving you my bank info. So just be happy you're even getting this meal"

"It is ass, man" Sammy confirmed with a snicker, followed by a slight snort as she leaned back more onto the couch, though she did sense a bit of frustration at the mention of her parents, so she didn't bother adding any more to it. Once the question was brought up about the game, Sammy had to think for a bit if Mason brought it up once, before she added, "Not super really. I know Mason is a fan of it, but I've never seen much of it myself, personally"
"What?!" Raven's hands came to a standstill, her head jerking up from the box for her to look at Sammy with an expression of shock that could have been one of horror. "Dude what!?" She exclaimed again. "Never seen much of it? And Mason's a gamer? Blasphemy! Heritic!" She said jokingly yet sounded so serious. "That was a 40k reference by the way," She added, not even sure if Sammy was familiar with that either.

~

Abel was in the middle of turning on his turning signals and making another turn further down the street when the sound of Yoon's notification sound entered to the car. He attempted to ignore it first for two minutes straight. But the sound of it quickly became unpleasant to his ears, and his brows furrowed. Once he was able to slow the car at a light, he didn't hesitate to retrieve the phone nor did he bother to look at the screen before putting it on silent altogether. His thoughts leaned towards tossing it into moving traffic when Nicholas came to mind and the car slowed to a stop at a red light.
don't toss her phone xD over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
It'll be for research purposes though XD over a year ago
Yoon's recovering body squirmed some in a ticklish defense when Abel had to reach into her hoodie to retrieve her phone. Though still somewhat unconscious, she could still hear and smell distant restaurants and crows outside the car. And when Abel came to a stop in front of the red light, Yoon's eyes slowly began to flicker; however her pupils were at the back of her head. She laid there blinking several times until her pupils rolled back to normal, yet still had difficulty adjusting to the lighting and what was around her.

"Fine, suit yourself." Kore shrugged, "More pasta for me." She rested back on her seat, watching the building out the window pass by her quickly. She soon became familiar with some of them as they came to the end of the road where the Italian restaurant stood.
"Oh, I'm so sorry for my crimes against humanity" Sammy joked in response, snickering a bit as she did, sitting up some more to joke with Raven before she added, "Like I said, I don't get much to do with games, sadly. If only there was some way I could get help with my ignorance". The last one came out as a joke, Sammy nudging her head in the direction of Raven so obviously as if to ask her

Leo was quick to turn into the parking lot, any one else driving as reckless as he was would've hit something, they he was able to put it into park and turn the engine off before stepping out of the car, "Just so you know, I'm only giving you fifteen minutes to eat" Before she could respond, he closed the door and made his way to the entrance, his hands in his pockets
Abel tapped his finger against the steering wheel patiently while staring out the windshield, his eyes only averting from the road to look back at Yoon's phone. He decided that he would hold onto it, coming to the conclusion that it would be much more effective to use it against her rather than to outright destroy it. Not only that, but he had reason to believe that Kyung-ha may have been responsible for purchasing the device. And so out of respect for the woman, he refrained.
Once the light turned green, his foot applied pressure to the gas pedal in a way that made the car jump forward while taking off.

~

"Oh your gonna definitely get some help with that today," Raven said while finally pulling a PlayStation 2 Slim from the box, brushing the collected dust off of it's top. She took a moment to stare at it for a few seconds, taking in one of the better moments from her childhood. She remembered being surprised when she first got it for her birthday, mostly because she had been expecting the bulkier version that she had been seeing all over television at the time. It had stuck with her through thick and thin, and she even dropped it once by accident–it still worked fine afterwards though.
The power and input cords were pulled from the box next, and she let out a small shriek when she had to shake a web off of her hand which led to her shining her phone's flashlight into the box to check for spiders.

oh XD over a year ago
Sammy had already been prepared with a selection of compliments at the sight of the slim black hardware in her hands, even if she didn't have much to say other than pointing out hos slim it was for an old console. But as soon as Raven shrieked at the sight of a spiderweb, Sammy fell back onto the couch, laughing again at the sudden shock and fear that went over Raven, only able to speak through her laughter, "T-Take it easy, Rave, it's just some cobwebs". After calming herself down, she rested her body across the couch and added, "Guess that Dean kids needs to do a lot more cleaning around here"
"o-ow!!!" Yoon yelped when the car jumped forward and her shoulder slammed against the wall this time. She grunted, her heavy eyelids preventing her from seeing things clearly. She felt an immense headache, followed by a disorienting wave washing over her. She mumbled a bunch of random words, shifting some uncomfortably on the ground. "....h-happened.... wh....what.... w-ehre..... d-dark....." She spoke gibberish.

"Good thing take out is an option!" She waited until they parked to finally exit the car. She skipped along Leo's side on their way in, clearly their attires not matching anyone who was dining in the restaurant. Kore made a few side comments on certain customers as she awaited to be attended. And when the hostess finally came around, she flipped through the menu quickly to review her options in case she wanted to change her meal. "Are you suuuuuure you don't want anything?"
Raven had glared at Sammy a little when laughed at her, not finding anything funny at all as she blushed in embarrassment. If there was one thing she despised beyond all reasoning, it was spiders and any sign that they were anywhere present or near her. The feeling of anything that was like spider webs or cobwebs made her skin crawl. Yet when watching things about them on the discovery channel, she found the eight-legged creatures kinda cool. But in person, she would be liable to burn down a house if it meant killing one. "Yeah, he does," she agreed. Though she already was thinking about doing it herself to where she would know that there weren't any of the crawling little bastards around the place.

She continued to check through the box with the flashlight, even shaking the box some until she was sure that there was no way a spider there. Afterwards, she grabbed the two other games that she was looking for which had luckily been thrown closer to the top after the quake the box had suffered at her hands.

~

"Get up and seat yourself like you have at least some mannerism about yourself." These were Abel's words after he heard Yoon mumbling something that came as incoherent, taking no actual consideration towards the condition that she was in. He switched lanes until he was in the one to the far left, which would take them to the street that the hotel was on.
"I'm positive" Leo answered as he waited for the waitress to come back to take Kore's order. As Kore looked over the menu, Leo looked around in an impatient manner, the heel of his foot tapping on the ground, biting the inside of his lip as he had already regretted coming in when he already felt the need of another smoke.

A bit more snickering escaped Sammy's mouth as Raven searched through the box once more, Sammy unable to help herself as she responded, "Hey, don't you worry about it, Rave.. If any of those spiders comes back to haunt us, I'll kill it before it had a chance to even blink." Sammy said, crossing her arms in a more tough manner, though she had already started to break it with another of her silly grins that lacked any serious tone to it
Abel's voice sounded like distant echoes in Yoon's head. She felt like her surroundings were spinning mercilessly. She tried to focus her attention on the voice that rang in her head continuously. "아-아빠?" Yoon mumbled weakly, feeling her throat very dry. She cringed at the slightest movement, finding it hard to remember where she was before and where she currently was now.

"A Cajun Shrimp Alfredo please. Fettuccine, of course." Kore grinned while observing the waitress write down her order. "Hmm, add there a margarita too. Take out please."

"I'm going to need some ID." The waitress closed her booklet.

"ID?" Kore blinked. "Oh, it's for my husband." She glanced at Leo with a smirk.

The waitress blinked, furrowing her eyebrows in shock and disgust at the age difference. She shook her head, dismissing the ID part. "I see... um... Cash or card?"

Kore turned to face Leo. "Cash or card, hubby?"
What shitty restaurant charges you before you get your food. Sure, I haven't eaten in a restaurant since March for obvious reasons, but still over a year ago
"Yeah. Right." Raven went to roll her eyes at this, but thinking back to last night, she was pretty sure that Sammy could handle a spider. And though she wouldn't admit it, she found some comfort it that. She ended up smiling a little instead. "Okay so to kick things off we got Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear 3–one the best in the series by the way–and we got Jak and Daxter," she handed the cases to the games to Sammy. "There's a bunch more, but I dunno what Dean did with our disk case. But I'm sure I can find some more in one of those boxes."

~

"No." Abel answered. "I would assume you'd be grateful that I am the furthest thing from it." He watched her from his peripherals while waiting for a car to pass so that he could enter into the hotel's parking lot with a smoother turn. But despite this turn into the parking lot, it became more of a swerve while he swung the car into one of the parking spaces.
Yoon yelped again when her head slammed against the wall for the final time as Abel parked. Everything had suddenly turned dark when they entered the underground parking lot. "....o...w...." Yoon's voice was barely audible. She whimpered some unknowingly, now being able to feel the pain from when she fell flat on her face.
Sammy gave a bit of a gasp at the sight of it, picking up the case of one of them, Shadow of the Colossus, with this familiar look in her eyes, her mouth playfully agape as she responded, "This is what I remember seeing as a kid. I remember Mason was nuts about this game and I saw it and thought the designs looked so cool. Never got to play it myself, my parents were super against video games. But now I get to reminisce all I want. Ha!" Though it was obvious to Raven that Sammy was indulging herself in nostalgia at the sight of the box, even reading the back of the box to get back into her old memories

Leo looked over at the waitress. Though he wanted to defend himself by telling her it was just business, seeing she had already made her assumptions on the two was enough to annoy him. He just handed her his card from the organization and responded, "A small glass of martini, please. By the way, she's legal. She's just so.... helpless without proper help" Leo's gaze went to Kore at the last of his sentence, waiting for the waitress to leave before he asked rudely, "What shithole asks for payment before you eat? And also, you'd better be twenty one or over. I don't need the organization on my ass for giving a minor alcohol"
Raven was more than happy to witness how Sammy reacted to the Shadow of the Colossus game, though it wasn't exactly a favorite of hers. But Sammy's familiarity with the game did bring excitement to her. The only other person that she could really talk about video games with was Dean since he was just as knowledgeable as she was if not more.
She did find it annoying to hear how Sammy's parents were against video games, but was also glad to know that Mason seemed to be a man of culture when it came to gaming. "Well how about we get this thing plugged up and pop that baby in? Its been a while since I've seen it in action myself."

~

"Consequences fail to discriminate. " Abel muttered to himself upon hearing Yoon's whimpering, his door opening and closing. It was only seconds later that Yoon's door was opened from the outside. However, he didn't assist her in getting up nor getting out and instead just watched her with a impassive gaze.
Yoon jolted some when she heard the door shut across from her when Abel had exited. She mumbled to herself some more until the door besides her suddenly opened. Her droopy eyes wavered to view the silhouette of the man in front of her. He seemed to have grown much more taller than the last time she remembered seeing him. But then again, that was seven years ago. "....우리는 당신이 그리워요..." Yoon spoke softly with hints of sadness. Her voice was much more mellow and sweet when she wasn't yelling or defending herself like she was earlier in the day. And as she thought about missing her father, that's when the thought of Yasha crossed her mind again–a quivering frown forming on her lips. She felt an immense wave of weariness strike her now that her magic was somehow subdued. It was as if all her anger now had turned into a painful sadness that neutralized her former state. Yoon was already planning on going back to sleep, wherever she was.

"Uhhh huuuh...Cause that's like, the biggest of your problems right now, right?" Kore crossed her arms with a grin while leaning against the wall as she waited for the waitress to return. "Also, it's not like we're eating in. It's take out, you pay first. Get used to it." But then she blinked. "Oh right, you go dumpster diving for food, I forgot." She chuckled.
Abel stood there for a long moment, listening to Yoon's babbling. It was when she spoke in this moment that he was reminded of the way that Kyung-ha had spoken to him all those years ago the day after he had been sheltered by the Constable. He remembered how he felt during that time, yet he couldn't remember the feeling itself. How it felt to feel it. And this was not Kyung.
He grabbed Yoon by the arm and firmly pulled her from the car, closing the door before throwing her over his shoulder as if she were baggage and heading back to the hotel.

He had already taken care of precautions and the like before leaving and had booked an entirely separate room, so he knew that he wouldn't have to brood about nuisances that being questioned about how peculiar he looked carrying a "drunk" young woman into a hotel.
Yoon squealed when she was lifted from the car and placed at such elevated position above ground. However, she couldn't help but weakly notice that whoever or whatever was carrying her smelled strangely good. Her droopy eyes now faced the ground, observing a blurry image of shiny shoes walking from the scenery of pavement to tile and carpet once they had entered the hotel. She continued to babble softly, switching from themes like food and cats. She unconsciously started kicking her short legs weakly in the air once she gained activity in them.
Upon entering the hotel, Abel wasted no time walking passed the counter and heading down the hall that his room was. Since the room that he would be taking Yoon to was going to be booked for only an hour at most he had made sure it was one that was near his a couple of doors down on the same side. Once they reached the room, Yoon's kicking legs brought him around to dropping her on the bed and scowling down at her.

Before anything further occurred, he decided to give Kyung a call. However the only thing he relayed when she answered was that Yoon was currently under his watch. However, he didn't give a location nor did he give her much time to reply, and instead reassured her that he would deliver her back to the residence himself. And then he hung up immediately afterwards.
"O-Oke, j-just please take care of he--" Kyung-ha stared down at her phone a couple extra seconds after Abel had ended the call. She gulped, closing her eyes and sighing of relief to his information. She couldn't believe that she hadn't noticed Yoon had exited her perimeter earlier. Now she truly wondered if she was getting too soft or if it was just her age. Her grip tightened on her phone, trying to replace her thoughts with positivity, thinking perhaps Yoon was out with friends or even mending fences with Abel.

Meanwhile, when Yoon was thrown onto the bed, her body bounced a little further away almost to the other edge since she was so small. Her body naturally recognized she was on top of a bed now, which instinctively to her meant safety. She yawned now, rubbing her cheek against a pillow as she prepared for a nap. Abel's scowl greatly contradicted Yoon's current expression. In fact, when she wasn't angry or showed any expression other than peace or even happiness, a lot of her features resembled a young Kyung-ha. From her closed monolids and small nose, down to her stationary lips. Of course she was obviously much shorter, which made 5'5 Kyung-ha appear tall. But her temper could be described as a very impulsive one when compared to her mother.
Abel stood at few feet away from the side of the bed and watched as Yoon slept. How easily she was able to commit to the act of sleeping without the necessities of anything but the human body knowing that it was weary. Such a simple action, for one to lay down and close their eyes to escape the reality of a haunting world. He had forgotten what it was like to dream long before now, and his desires to obtain the ability to do so again had long since been abandoned. And so he walked to the foot of the bed and stood there in a stone-like fashion watching, as he would until she woke.
more than an hour so are they back in his room now xD over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
That's not how hotels work Jade XD over a year ago
oh, my bad xD over a year ago
It wasn't until an hour or so later, Yoon would show signs of waking up. Her soft snores had come to a stop, and she was no longer sweating like she was in Abel's car. In fact, getting away from people and taking a nap seemed to do the trick. She stretched in bed with a slight yawn and closed eyes, shifting some within the comfy mattress. She didn't remember her bed being so smooth or her sheets having a cotton-like feel to them. Yoon also didn't remember her room smelling like roses and freshly washed bedsheets.

With this in mind, her eyes suddenly shot wide open, them adjusting to the new lighting above her. She woke up startled, jolting some when she found herself lying down on a bed. The last thing she remembered was walking down the street and then... everything went blank. A hotel? She thought to herself while looking at brochures on her nightstand. Where was her duffle bag? Her phone? Yoon didn't feel it within her pockets. It wasn't until she peeked her head forward where her bangs fell out of the way where her brown eyes met with Abel's blue ones staring right at her. They widened, and her neck sunk inward in shock. Her eyes went to the door, then to him, then back to the door. She clutched the sheets below her and gulped, staying still for a couple more seconds until–whoosh–just like a cat, she was up in a nanosecond and making a run towards the door. Of course, she almost tripped since she was still a little disoriented but that didn't stop her.
Just as Yoon had gotten up to make a run for the door if not faster and was almost there seemingly, she would be possibly choked by the grip on her hoodie that yanked her backwards and into the solid mass that was Abel's body.

Abel had covered the distance across the room much quicker than Yoon had, his superior agility being put to use after standing in one place for such a period of time without moving. He wasted no time turning her around and pushing her against the door harshly, pinning her hands above her head in a firm manner. They were face to face in little to no time at all. "Enough with your nonsense," He said plainly, yet his eyes held the growl that his voice didn't have as he spoke these words.
"---eeeeeppp--" Yoon fell backwards when she was yanked, bumping into Abel which their size difference alone made her almost fall to the ground. However, she was caught by surprise when she found herself pinned against the door with her arms above her. Her neck sunk into her hoodie as she was forced to look up at Abel. She gulped, a large hue of red tinting her pale face. She was trembling in his grasp, confused as to what had happened and why she was where she currently was. Her eyes wavered in fear, and she didn't even attempt to move her hands. If it wasn't for her motorized reflexes, she would have forgotten how to breathe. She wondered if perhaps he was still offended when she called him a tree and somehow he had kidnapped her to take his vengeance.
Abel was silent as he stared into Yoon's face for a few moments. His next movements were sudden. Two-steps back and the twist of his heels, and Yoon was swung into a chaotic dance and would find herself being shoved down onto the bed. Or rather sat down forcefully. "Unconscious in the middle of a sidewalk with a hard working mother terrified of your disappearance," he began. "Knowing fully well of the circumstances that led to your household being attacked by forces you cannot combat, yet leaving the safety of a place in which your chances of survival are currently higher. Tell me, what pertaining to that doesn't reek of the actions of a foolish individual?"
"L-Let go of me!" Yoon huffed, yelping when she suddenly spun and found herself now being forced on the edge of the bed. She tried to shuffle her way out but to no avail, already feeling the painful bump on her head and the small scratch on her nose when she had fallen on the sidewalk. The startled young woman could sense the tears starting to swell in her eyes as Abel began to scold her. And at his last question, her lips quivered before her expression distorted into one of anger in attempt to hide the tears. "W-What do you care?! You don't care about anything!" Yoon exclaimed. "You're the o-one who insulted me in the f-first place for still living with h-her!" She sniffled, clearly offended by his earlier comment. "It's not like she wants me there anyways--a-and if that horrid droven finds me at least my f-family will be far away from me! She won't be so worried about my disappearance once you show up, s-she can just easily forget me." Yoon gulped. She hated the restricting position she was in, her muscle memory flashing back to when the droven had a hold on her. A single teardrop fell on Abel's hand as Yoon attempted to pull herself together. And now the redness on her face was more than just embarrassment with hints of frustration and sadness. "S-Stop calling me that, I-I'm not foolish!" She grunted while trying to push Abel back. "I'm trying to lay low, but I fucked up I GET IT!" She screamed. "Add it to my list of fuck-ups, if you will."
Abel's brows furrowed. "What do I care you asked? I don't. I am simply following given orders and ensure their completion. I have no reason to nor do I desire to care for a woman-child that lazes around and allows emotions to best her time and time again. However your mother does deeply so and due to my respect for her I waste my time to ensure that you aren't the reason that she wastes her life." He removed Yoon's phone from his jacket and shoved it onto her lap for her to read through the messages and the amount of times that Kyung-ha had called. "You don't "get it", as you put it. You are foolish. For you to speak as if your mother would not lay her very life down for your sake and the sake of your brother. You were laying low, you claim? Yes, you were "laying low" on a public sidewalk, unconscious within a state in which the statistics of nearly ten thousand sexual assault cases for every one thousand people out of millions with nothing to protect yourself with aside from something you have yet to come even close to controlling. Something that would only bring death to many others due to your ill-disciplined sense of self and lack of control during your tantrums. Is that what you would deem as a wise choice?"
His voice remained steady, unwavering, and his words cruel yet seeking to guide. "Where would you, inexperienced and heavily dependent on the one who birthed you, go within a world in which you are ill-prepared against even societal standards for an individual? One gaze upon you and I can conclude you know nothing of survival aside from how to occupy your jaws with chewing. What gives you the impression that the Droven would not simply come for your family under the assumption that they too have what it desires from you and slaughter them in ways that you wouldn't think to be possible? What plan, what strategy have you conducted to ensure that the Droven won't be able to track you even if you were to flee? If you haven't the slightest plausible answer to any of these questions then you have died time and time again theoretically in a scenario that was able to be prevented in this situation." He stepped away from her. "I understand that the privileged world under a brimming sky that you once knew has been disrupted. I understand that you are frustrated. Logically, your behavior is to be expected. To this degree however, it's asinine. Careless and self-destructive. Carelessness is inefficiency. Thoughtlessness is foolery. Neither accomplish anything. How long will you allow your "list of fuck ups" to become until your family ends up on that list? Until innocent people are on that list because of your lack of awareness?"