The Worst Generation [The Worst Generation: Hippies, Life, Rave and...Magic?!]

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19PM
rave
/rav/
verb
1. talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
2. speak or write about someone or something with great enthusiasm or admiration.

Hippy
hip·pie
/ˈhipē/
noun
(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

life
/līf/
noun
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
3. a particular type or aspect of people's existence
4. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
5. vitality, vigor, or energy.
6. (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

Magic
mag·ic
/ˈmajik/
noun
1. the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
2. mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
3. a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
4. something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
mag·ic
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***

~Plot Stuff~
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, there existed an otherworldly arcane essence that existed by the name of Magic/Magick. This essence was a variety of things. Lush and in great abundance, full of life and a energy that science had become a pale reflection of in the years that followed. However, it was also an essence that harbored a wicked face as well, bound to attract misfortune and death to all who were able to understand and or obtain it if not tamed properly. The secrets of this essence falling into the wrong hands would bring nothing but catastrophe.

And catastrophe it brought, those hundreds a years ago. One that thrust magic into an era in which it had began to fade and a new form of energy created at the hands of man became the new. The world in which magic had come from became a myth, magic itself became a myth as time progressed and left it to fade and never be seen again.

Or perhaps....what isn't seen isn't truly gone. And perhaps...the world thought to be myth is much more than just so. But what is certain is that what has lurked in the veils of shadows within the darkness, behind illusions of people, places and things. Forces that had managed to slip into the ages of the new world. Those of good. Those of evil and malice. Those of...magic. And perhaps...hope. But...will the newest of generations derived from those hundreds of years be able to face what comes?

And so we fly ahead in time to the present, where villages have become cities of tall structures, and dreams of flight have become a reality.

~TWG Terminology and Lore~

link
link
link
link

~Characters~

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
-
link
Sangeon Park
link
link
-
link
link
link
link
last edited on Mar 11, 2020 at 02:27PM

The Worst Generation 9440 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1401-1450 of 9440

over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
"Aww, what, you don't wanna Netflix and chill with me?" Sammy grinned at her followed by a wink. Of course, it was suddenly broken by a snicker escaping passed her lips which broke into a fit of laughter, doing her best to explain through her chuckling, "S-Sorry, sorry for the dated joke. B-but it was too easy to pass up." As she finally calmed down, she spoke, "Y-yeah, sure, we can invite Mason. Can't be having you all to myself, after all. The big guy gets lonely when I'm not around to make fun of him for too long"

"Attention huh?" Mason said, taking another sip of his tea as he stored his phone back into his pocket, thinking about it some more before making a theory, "Guess it would make sense. Gaming is still considered a pretty male oriented scene. But I don't see why she couldn't give it a try. Well, that or she could use an alternate persona. May never go pro, but she'd make a hell of a scene online."
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago afewseconds said…
Wait..so would that make this a Netflix and chill? Raven had been thinking to herself. Oh shit...OH SHIT IT IS! OH SHIT IT DOES! Too soon?! Wait am I chill? Is she chill? Yeah, she's chill? AM I CHILL?! Raven was thinking to herself, her cheeks already gaining a small tint of red right before Sammy brought it up herself. "W-well–I–yes I-I mean no but–" She stammered until Sammy had started laughing, causing her pale self to become a tomato red from her cheeks to even the tips of her ears.

~

Dean gave a shrug. "I dunno. Rave having an alternate persona?" He snorted at the idea. "Like, have you met her? Then I again, I think she'd make a cool e-girl or whatever." He paused for a moment. "...Don't tell her I said that. Also, a heads up, don't call her that either so..yeah. Anyways, she's played in a couple of online tournaments and stuff, but I think I remember her saying that she was taking a break from it because of her job."
Sammy was finally calming down her laughing fit as she saw that Raven had gotten red in the face, giving her a light shove in the shoulder as she responded, "Hey, come on, Rave, I'm only joking." Sammy said, doing her best not to snicker again. Though, Sammy did have to admit, she did find Raven to be cute. Not exactly a model, but something about her just seemed sweet and adorable to Sammy, which was what she preferred to the features of an A-list celebrity. Sammy just followed up with a grin, finally getting her laughing settled as she spoke, "Of course, we can just be chill, relax and all that. Probably an impossibility for me and my social retardation, but I can try"

"Hey, your secrets safe with me" Mason replied after his comment about e-girls, though the thought was already filling his mind, and he was already trying to shake it off. Instead, he was thinking about the other statement, her job, remembering about her art and all that, and he was a bit curious, "Strange" Mason said as he stirred his tea with the straw, "Freelance artists work from home, don't they? I can't imagine it taking too much of her time from indulging in some entertainment"
Raven only looked down at her lap in a loss for words, her little heart hammering away in her chest like the heart that could. She was flustered, and what didn't help was that her mind had immediately went back to last night when she had locked lips with the very same person that sat next to her. And the thing was that she didn't know why. Was it because Sammy had been her first real kiss and the fact that she was a woman? Or perhaps that despite that it had only supposed to have been for entertainment purposes, she...liked it. Or that it was just something about Sammy altogether and how good looking she was? It all threw her off, because to her, the entire reason of her being who she was was because she had been attracted to males. Or at least she thought she was. And that scared her, made her anxious.

After she could work up the courage to speak.. "I'll get things set up," she said just loud enough to be heard. "A-and then we can go grab some popcorn from the front."

~

Dean shrugged. "Raven's kinda an owl. She usually isn't out and about at this time of day and sleeping her face off. I think I did ask her why she always came to this place so late one time a long time ago and she said that she works a long night shift. I used to think she was a vamp because of how white she is. Like a human jar of mayonnaise. ALso, don't tell her I said that either. Anyways, when she does get her game on its usually here. She rarely plays at home anymore."
Sammy gave another giggle this time, though she wasn't sure why. It wasn't to mess with her, and she could see that Raven was thinking of a lot herself. She just gave a nod and responded with, "Sure thing, Rave". But as Raven did, Sammy was thinking to herself, thinking back to the words of what the DJ Girl told her, that she should be there for Raven, that she'd be alright if she were around. Sammy wasn't so sure about that, not with her personality, and certainly not with Mason being a magical being. And yet, despite that, Sammy couldn't help but feel comfort around Raven, like she wanted to be right here, in this moment. But, she couldn't really explain why. She chose to keep the thoughts to herself, at least for the time being

"Night shift?" Mason asked, his eyes lifting from his tea once more at the thought of it, of a freelance artist working night shift, at home, and being so tired and exhausted. Working at home himself, or his version of home, his work was constantly slacking off, getting it done in an hour or two, and calling it progress. He wasn't exactly an artist, but with Sammy being one, he couldn't see it being something that made a person stay up for hours at night and result in sleeping the day away. Mason could only shake his head and respond, "Something just doesn't add up. It's not that I don't trust her, but... I feel like she's afraid to tell us something."
"I mean, it pretty much adds up to me." Dean shrugged. "I know that if I had two jobs I'd be pretty beat too. Heck, I'm pretty beat by the end of this shift and–" His head turned abrutly when a few customers walked through the door. "Be right back. Customers, ya know?" He said, hopping over the counter as a short cut to get to the register even though he had already been scolded a couple of times before for doing so.

~

Raven was glad that she had an excuse to distance herself in all of her awkwardness. Her blush remained fierce while she clumsily worked to unplug the Playstation 2 and move the bulky TV aside so that she could replace it with the flat screen. While plugging the more modern devices in, she had to bend down a little more to plug it in to one of the sockets on the outlet extender that was laying on its side on the floor.
Sammy, in her thoughts, was still thinking about what she was feeling, and how it all came back to Raven. In the midst of her thoughts, her eyes trailed over to Raven, and for some reason, she couldn't help but to look over her body in silence, thoughts filling her mind. "She does have a pretty slim body for someone who does a lot of staying at home. Real slender and lean, but not too boney. Just right... kind of a familiar figure though" Sammy added, thinking about it for a moment, yet she was unable to figure it out, assuming she saw it in a magazine or something. As she thought, she ended up asking to break the silence, "So what kind of movies are you into. And if you say romance movies, I'm gonna puke."

Mason gave a wave as Dean went to attend the customers, thinking to himself once again how it was possible for Raven to work two shifts if she was so tired. Maybe she was working another job, but if so, why wouldn't she mention it? He doubted it was anything illegal or more risque. Raven didn't seem the type. All Mason could assume was that it was far more embarrassing, like working at McDonald's or something. He assumed it was something along those lines, a job she couldn't tell anyone about. He decided that asking her straight up would be a bad idea, and decided to just brush the entire thing off for the time being
over a year ago cosmic_fusions said…
Yoon grumbled to herself when none of what popped up was remotely related to the Abel she knew, even if she typed in 'Korea' at the end of it. She was too embarrassed to ask her mother about him, and quite frankly embarrassed to ask him herself. But for some reason, she wanted to get to know him. He couldn't be as bland and stern as he appeared to be if they were the same age. She refused to believe he didn't have a personality.

A thought occurred to the young woman, and she quickly got out of bed, putting her phone into her pocket while exiting her room. She glanced at the TV in the living room, observing her brother play video games briefly before inching her way towards her mother's room. Upon gently opening the door, Yoon heard the shower run. Perfect! Kyung-ha was taking her daily late afternoon shower. Yoon scouted her mother's small room, until finally, she spotted the small cellphone by her nightstand. This brought a smile on Yoon's face, and she quickly unlocked it. To her surprise, Kyung-ha's cellphone wasn't as fancy or secretive as Abel's car. She was easily able to find Abel's contact under the 'A' section. And once she did, she retrieved her own phone to take a picture of the contact. Just as she was going to scroll through Kyung-ha's phone, Yoon heard the shower head stop. Yoon yelped quietly to herself, locking the phone and putting it back where it belonged before quickly scurrying out the room and back into her own.

"Phew...." Yoon leaned against her door know. She stared down at the picture she took, saving his number into her contacts. Her thumbs played in midair while debating what to type. Hello? What's up? Greetings? Hi? Yoon scratched her head in thought before she began to type.

"Hey." She sent, arguing to herself that she should have put an emoji besides her greeting. "This is Yoon btw, my mom wanted me to have your contact and text you to make sure you made it back to the hotel okay." Yoon quickly typed and sent after. She followed her texts with a smiley emoji.
"And it is certain that this is the area in question in which the spaces were conjoined?"

"Yes sir. According to the data collected by the Sortilege System over the span of the last seventeen hours since the incident, we've been able to gather that this is the general area where the spike in the abnormal wave variant occurred and is at the highest."

"Would it be possible for us to replicate the happening?"

"With our current generation of technology not yet able to be tested, we can't come to a liable conclusion due to the lack of information that is needed to further study."

"Then speaking hypothetically, what would be the probability of being able to do so?"

"Well, if we are able to successfully manipulate the abnormal wave variant and use it as a tool to rearrange and combine clusters of the molecu–"

The explanation was interrupted by the sound of ticking that sounded like the hands of a large analog clock moving.

Abel's brows bunched towards one another, and he signaled for the older gentleman to continue working while he removed his phone from his pocket. It wasn't until he saw the messages that would greet him upon opening the phone did he pause. He was never particularly fond of texts, finding them more of an inconvenience when it came to a form of communication. It was slow and lacked what was necessary to effectively relay what needed to be relayed. However it wasn't this that caused his brows to twitch and rise in surprise.
There was only one person within the organization who seemed to prefer this method of communication rather than simply calling. And he saw clearly that the person who's text his eyes skimmed across was not that person. Had Kyung-ha truly been so rash as to allow confidential information to be given to her of all people? He instantly went into dissecting each word of the text with many possibilities coming to mind as he stared at the screen. From what he knew of the Kyung, he knew that if she wanted to check on his wellness then she would have called him herself instead of taking the risk of speaking through a message that could at any time be confiscated since Yoon's device wasn't within the organization's realm of service.

Unlike the average cellular device, the phones that were issued to the Constables operated on lines that were completely separate. The reasoning behind this was so that the affairs of the organization could be discreet to the public and to eliminate the possibilities of critical information being leaked or calls being tapped. A form of security that was backed heavily to such a degree that not even the ones that funded their organization could interfere if not given authorization.

What Abel did take into consideration was that he suspected it to be like Kyung to want to ensure that Yoon had someone to contact in the event of an emergency, especially when he took into account the recent turn of events. He found sound logic within the texts under these terms. However, he chose not to reply and instead closed his phone with intentions to have the number tracked in order to confirm the source in which the text had come from. His attention returned to the innards of the nightclub around him, the strips of yellow tape that surrounded the scene of dried blood and broken tiles. He looked back down at the broken stripper pole that he had been inspecting, being that it had been ripped from its place.

~

"Romance," Raven wanted to reply just to take a crack at a joke, but didn't because she wasn't sure if it would help much after the whole "Netflix and Chill" thing. "Horror stuff,.zombie movies, a some sci-fi here and there, action movies–d-depends on the day I guess," she added at the end, leaving what she preferred an open door just in case. "What about you?"
cosmic_fusions commented…
yoon: ;-; over a year ago
Yoon felt her heart skip a beat when she saw that her delivered message was finally read. Her eager eyes stared at the screen, patiently waiting for a response. But when she received nothing in the next five minutes, her curious grin faltered into a frown. How long did it take someone to type a simple hello? She tried to see if there was an option to delete her message, but to no avail.

She found herself groaning of embarrassment into her pillow, trying to suffocate her humiliation in her cotton pillowcase. Yasha made it seem so easy when it came to texting people. From what she remembered, she got like 100 texts a day from different fans. Yoon sighed, easing her discomfort with another pocky stick from underneath her comforter where she hid them from her mom. She swiped through her apps in attempt to forget about the situation, finding herself back on Instagram. Her fingers hovered over Kore's message now, debating on how to respond.

"Hello!" Yoon replied. But then her eyes widened when she saw that Kore immediately read it, trying to exit out the conversation before she seemed too nosey.

"Whatcha doing? <3?"

Yoon blinked as she read her screen. She looked around her room momentarily before answering. "Nothing much, just watching a movie." She lied. At this point, she wished Abel was as fast as the gas station women in responding texts.
Abel knelt down for a moment, his hand gliding over the destroyed stripper pole and his eyes following along the bends and the like until they came back to the tarry substance that covered it. He furrowed his brows, watching as the substance seemed to attempt to creep along the metal in a very slow, easing manner as if it couldn't be seen.

Minutes later the section of the pole that the substance covered was sawed from the rest and carefully placed into a 15 ft long metallic cylinder. The exterior was patterned with tracings of copper wrote out images that were similar to hieroglyphs in the sense that the images looked to tell a tale. Within the cylinder was a dense liquid that, the moment the infected piece of metal was placed within it, lurched out and took a whole of it. In span of only seconds, the liquid began to harden. Each individual there aside from Abel, who only wore gloves and a mask of similar material, was dressed in hazmat suits that were not of the normal variation.

The heads of the dark gray, silver and black suits were slim, transparent domes that were shaped to the wearer's head and neck. The suits themselves appeared somewhat baggy on the outside, but the interior was a spandex material double layered in asbestos that hugged the body and functioned like a soft exosuit that increased mobility. The suits themselves were proofed for abnormalities in temperature. Though they weren't complete, they were enough to do what they were needed for.

Abel oversaw the process, observing the men and women of his personal personnel as they carefully went about closing the cylinder and lifting it to be taken to the awaiting platform that was currently expanding itself across the floor.

One of the researching personnel that the team of six had approached to give the status. "Commander sir, the Bilröst V2 is up and running. Lights are going out in six."

"Excellent," Abel replied with a nod of approval. "Contact Unit 2 before initiating Interchange, and ensure that your preparations are flawless. Casualties are not an option."

"Understood Commander."

Abel found himself retrieving his phone again to read over Yoon's text again, to analyze it once more before the Interchange would be occur.

And in the time of ten minutes, the entire city and others within twenty-three miles in all directions experienced a complete power outage that even effected cars to some degree. It only took a minute before lights were flickering back on in quick succession.
only abel analyzes a "hey" xD over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
It was more than "hey" though XD But yes, he is over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
Not for him it isn't XD over a year ago
As soon as Yoon sent her next text to Kore, her body jolted some when the lights in her room suddenly went out. She heard her brother outside her door let out a cry of anger right as he was about to win another match in his video game. At this, Yoon snickered. That was payback enough for shooting her with a nerf gun earlier.

"--Yoonie, you okay?!" Kyung-ha suddenly opened her daughter's door, wearing a pajama kimono with Korean detailing rather than Japanese. Her hair was unusually down and wet, for the lights had gone off right as she was about to dry it. She was also currently wearing a green cucumber mask to prevent her aging spots.

Yoon was startled by her mom suddenly entering the room. "O-Oh, yes I'm fine mom. But you don't look okay." She chuckled.

Kyung-ha rolled her eyes. "Oi!" She was about to grab one of Yoon's pillows and launch it at her, that is until the lights flickered back on. "Why you laying down, hm? You need clean room and sort clothes for tomorrow. First lesson of training is clean room."

Her daughter groaned. "Fine, fine. I will, pickle-head." She nicknamed her with a grin. But she quickly regretted it when her mother disheveled her hair. "You need mask too, you look like you sit in computer all day. Skin very dehydrated, you raccoon with dark circles." Kyung-ha told her, leaving to fetch a mask.

Yoon's eyes squinted at her mom's words. Sure, she spent most of her time in a computer, but that didn't mean she had bad skin... did it? She was used to working on several customers' faces, hair, and bodies. However when it came to herself, she never pampered herself with luxury things like foot scrubs, nail art, masks, or hairstyles.
[Meanwhile in Miami,]

"Oh come-fucking-ON man," Viktor growled when everything around him was immersed into darkness just as he was operating the cash register. And it was just his luck that the bar were used an electrical one. "Aye Mike, the power's out again!" He shouted towards the stairs. "MIKE–this guy man. Damn." He pushed walked around the counter, using the light that came in through the windows as a source to stop himself from clipping his foot on tables while he was heading up to Mike's "office".

But while he was on his way grumbling about the people that were complaining about the TV going off, he came to an abrupt stop at one of the windows that he was passing. His sight filled with the flickering of some of the streetlights that were in view, as well as some of the cars that looked as if their drivers had decided to say 'fuck it' and parked in the middle of the street half turned. "What the fuck..." He muttered to himself, unable to make sense of what it was that he was seeing exactly. And so he went outside, sticking his head out of the door. He noticed that other buildings in the area looked like they had gotten their power knocked out too, and now he wasn't the only one looking out into the street. People Something in his gut told him that this wasn't right, whatever "this" was.

He backed back into the shop, a feeling of uneasiness coming over him. There was too much going on, more than he was willing to call out if he even could. He felt like he was supposed to know what was happening, but didn't. "Mike–" He was going to call to the manager again when the lights gave a electrical fizz before everything popped back to life. He looked out the window again to see that the lights were returning to some of the nearby windows as well. And while everyone else gave a satisfied cheer, some grunting their "finally" even though it hadn't been that long, he stood there a unnerved if not a little shaken up.
"Believe it or not, I'm a big horror fan" Sammy said as she leaned up again from resting back on the couch, her arms still crossed as she nodded, "Though, also find it hard to believe, Mason can't stand them. He gets scared pretty easily. And I ain't talking about some simple slasher films. I'm talking real horror films. Stuff like Jacob's Ladder, Silence of the Lambs, Society. I even got Tetsuo: The Iron Man on DVD. Can't get more obscure than that, baby!"
Meanwhile, when the lights had gone off, Kore was sitting under a tree in the park near her residence. She didn't really notice the power break; however, she could sense something was off with the cars that passed by her. Even the dogs people were walking stopped and froze as if they had sensed danger. She had a feeling it had to do with the organization she wasn't really fond of, especially with the club incident happening recently. She thought back to that night, annoyed that not only did she lose her job, but also lost her favorite fuzzy high heel platforms in the crime scene. That, and the ugly dude in the bar who always gave her free drinks was probably killed too.

Kore only grumbled when her LTE stopped working momentarily. She occupied herself with playing a game on her app that didn't require internet, glad that the outage lasted only a minute. The pink-haired woman stood up from her spot, collecting the empty styrofoam dish that once held the pasta delicacy. She hummed to herself as she made her way to the trashcan to get rid of it. While doing so, she finally received the text message from Yoon.

"Oh, sorry I'm kind of busy tomorrow." The message read. Kore's eyes narrowed at the text before they rolled in annoyance. She didn't remember the short girl from the gas station being busy or having friends for that matter.

Kore licked her lips before she typed, "Is that preppy tall girl having you all to herself?;)" She sent back. As she awaited a response, she looked at her surroundings while pulling out a whole cigarette box she had stolen from Leonard to light one up.
"Tetsuo? That sounds like a samurai game for Nintendo," Raven chuckled a little, grabbing the remote to the TV. And though she wasn't familiar with Tetsuo, Silence of the Lambs was a personal favorite. She found Jacob's Ladder to be a bit more "meh" in her opinion. "I don't like slashers all that much. 'Friday the 13th' is really the only ones that I–"

The lights in the room gave a harsh flicker before the two were immersed in complete darkness with no source of light to be found, the static hum of electricity being loss coming from the sockets around them.

"S-Sammy? Sammy you okay?" Raven asked, already sounding a little terrified at the sudden loss of power. The last time she was in a room that had lost its lights they had almost been done for. She blinked continuously, wishing that her eyes would adjust faster until she reminded herself that she had a phone. She fumbled around with it, not daring to move from where she was until she had access to her flashlight once more.
*gasp* i was stale posted! over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
Do a Yoon thing so that he can call her instead XD over a year ago
you're gonna give yoon the biggest anxiety attack yet xD over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
Yeah? Well she's gonna give Abel the biggest not-anxiety-attack ever XD over a year ago
Sammy gave a surprised "eep" When the power had gone out, the faint sound of annoyed shouts from outside could be heard as peoples games were interrupted, leaving the two in a pitch black room. As Raven reached into her pockets, turning the light on, she would see Sammy on the couch, lying there "dead". Or at least, attempting to, but lying on the couch with her tongue out and eyes closed looked so fake, it was almost insulting. Before Raven could even ask her to stop, she responded, "Sorry, Raven, Friday the 13th killed me. I can't hear you".
Raven was about to freak out when she saw Sammy laying there without saying anything. Her hands were already trembling as hard as they had been the previous night. But then she found out that Sammy was faking the moment she had started to make her way to her in a panic. And once she heard what she had to say, she snapped at her unintentionally out of both fear and anger. "Don't fucking do that!"

When the lights snapped back on, the sockets in the room giving a flicker of an electrical buzz, Sammy would see that Raven was giving her a tear filled glare.

"That's not funny." She nearly hissed, shaking her head as she walked around the couch and headed down the hall. She felt like her lungs were being tempted to become her enemy. She needed some air. She felt like her head was swelling from the inside, and the way her heart thudded so hard brought a sick feeling to her stomach.
Yoon flipped through her closet, tossing her oversized hoodies and clothing to the side in search for an appropriate outfit for the "occasion". "Whatever that means..." She mumbled to herself. The young woman currently had on her face a green tea sheet mask, along with a pink rolling curler on her bangs to give them more volume overnight.

She grabbed a hanger that held a oversized knit sweater, holding it up to herself and viewing herself in the small mirror within her closet. "Ew..." Yoon commented out loud on her appearance rather than the top. She hated the way she looked–from her height and body shape, to her phoenix eyes and flat nose. Yoon remembered how in Korea she used to fit in. Her height wasn't all that different to everyone else's, and she had the fairest skin of all her classmates. But in America, her skin was just seen as pale and dead, while her height was just way below the average of people her age. Because of her height she wasn't able to have the idolized American hourglass-shaped body either, and rather had to deal with her pear-shaped one. She also didn't have the perfect proportions for her height, being that her double D sized breasts outweighed her bottom but was compensated by her thicker thighs. It had bothered her at first, but she found comfort in wearing oversized clothing since it hid the parts she hated most. Sure, her face was still visible, which is what encouraged her to get bangs in the first place. And if she was ever having a bad hair day, a beanie or cap would always do the trick.

Nico-Nico Niii!

Yoon's head perked, and she immediately dropped what she held and bolted to the bed where she had left her phone. She grabbed her phone with a hopeful but nervous smile at the fact that it may be Abel. But when she saw who the text was from, she frowned. "Oh..." She groaned, ignoring the instagram text and tossing it back on her bed. "Ugh." She rolled her eyes, mumbling to herself before fetching another pocky stick to munch on.
Windwakerguy430 commented…
Good thing Abel likes them chunky over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
See? This is why we can't have nice things Wind XD over a year ago
:3 over a year ago
Sammy was already prepared to start laughing again to lighten the mood as she heard Raven get upset, already grinning a bit, "Raven, it was only-" But she stopped when she saw the tears streaming from her face, a bit of an awkward grimace coming to Sammy's face before Raven started walking down the hall. "real nice, Samantha" Sammy whispered to herself before she got up and followed, "Raven, wait, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to freak you out like that. I-I'm just used to taking my jokes a bit too far. I-I'm really sorry. I didn't know it would upset you like that."

From outside the Park household, Leonard was standing out, his finger pushing against the doorbell, a bag in his hand with the McDonald's logo on it and a six pack of Heineken in his other hand. he waited patiently for a response, desperately thinking if he just had his smokes, he could calm his nerves a little, "Leo, it's nothing. It's Kyung-ha, your partner from the Fourth Division from twenty years ago. It's not like she's some higher-up. Just an old friend, that's all. Sure, she may... absolutely hate your guts for the kind of agent you grew up to be, but you gotta try and talk with her about all this. You won't exactly get another chance to"
Raven started feeling weird, way weirder than she had ever felt. It was like she was at the club doing her thing, except that it wasn't. It was the complete opposite. Instead of the collective joy she felt a feeling of dread. There was no music, only a ringing that started to fill her head. Instead of the building hype from the crowd and the ecstasy of just being in the middle of it all, there was something else–something she could feel slowly slipping out of control. Something was wrong. Her grimaced, grunting quietly when she felt her head throb as she reached for the door handle. She could hear Sammy behind her as she yanked the door open quickly, her pace quickening. She almost began to full on cry as she slipped between the machines, nearly tripping over the wires and cords that had before had been bypassed without any trouble at all.

Unlike Sammy, however, Mason would be able to sense something that felt like distress. Distress that was climbing at an alarming rate, the exact opposite of what he had experienced in the van.

~

When Yoon went to go retrieve one of the pocky sticks, she would feel...something. Something that felt like it was far away, but somehow in trouble.

But before the feeling settled in, her phone would start ringing. The numbers that had popped up on Kyung's phone were now appearing on Yoon's. The phone numbers rapidly changed from one to the other until finally a "000-000-000" with a asterisk sized C at the end appeared, it being a different number than the one that she had saved for Abel. Yet, Abel's name was there as the one calling.
Sammy watched as Raven made her way quickly out the door, passing by all the guests in a hurried manner. Now in a real panic, Sammy followed after, "R-Raven, wait!" Sammy said as she pushed passed a few people, already insulting herself for her joke "What the fuck did I do? I don't know, but why the fuck did I do it!? Are you a fucking idiot, Sammy!?" The thoughts ran through her head as she followed after, barely being able to keep up as she bumped passed people

Mason could feel the presence, and unlike before, he didn't like it. Thinking back to the van, he was feeling something strange. "W-Why is this happening now? And why does it feel like this? It didn't start happening until this morning. And it isn't something I felt until... Until Raven..." At this thought, Mason stood up, not sure what was going on, but putting the pieces together, it felt bad. Without even so much as letting Dean know, he stood up from his chair and made his way down the arcade, thinking how it would take him forever to find Raven. But to his luck, he had stepped right in front of her, with Sammy coming from behind. As Mason looked at the worried look on Sammy's face and reading the tears coming from Raven, Mason asked in a hurried manner, "H-Hey, what's wrong, you two? Did something happen?"
While munching on her pocky stick, Yoon felt the awful presence that was there, but at the same time... not there. It was enough to make her walk towards her window and peak her head out. But the sudden sound of the doorbell ring caught her attention before she could get too far. She was going to open it herself until she saw her mom signal her she would take care of it. "Hmm..." Yoon's brows knitted in thought, closing the door of her room soon afterwards. She leaned against her door, observing her socks momentarily before--

Ring ring ring!

"--GAH!!!" Yoon was startled by her phone ringing, for she had no one who ever called her besides Yasha. Even then, she stuck to texting more often. Perhaps its my alarm? She thought to herself while making her way to her phone on the bed. But at the name 'Abel' that showed up in the screen, Yoon felt her heart drop to the pits of her stomach as she gasped, enough to make her recoil even. The woman gulped, pacing around in small circles while watching the phone ring. Stupidstupidstupidstupid! She told herself anxiously. Her trembling hands went to her phone, and she fidgeted with it in her hands before clearing her throat. And then she cleared her throat again. And then one more time in anticipation of answering the phone.

"H-H-Hello? Hello!" Yoon greeted awkwardly. "H-Hi, what's up?" She chuckled forcefully. "What...is up? Yes, heya, hi there, hello!" She said prior to smacking herself on the forehead.

Meanwhile, Leonard only had to wait a minute or two before the door to the Park residence opened. He was greeted by the familiar face, who looked quite different now with her damp, long hair down rather than in its usual high bun. She was still in her kimono robe, for she was distracted to prepare a snack for her son.

When Kyung-ha's eyes met with Leo, they widened slightly in confusion before her brows furrowed soon afterwards. She eyed the Mcdonalds bag in his hands before her attention went back to him. "What you doing here?" She said with slight irritation in her voice.
"Abel told me where you lived when I asked him" Leo said with a shrug, a tired look in his eyes as he held up the bag, "I brought food. Didn't know if you liked this stuff or not. Was going to get something else, but I had to pay an informer of mine, so this was all I could get, I'm afraid. Also some beer. Again, would've bought wine, but you know. I just came to talk, though. I promise it won't be long"
afewseconds commented…
A fucking liiieee XD over a year ago
Yeah they did. Leo walked up to him during a crime scene, said, "Hey, I wanna talk to an old fling. Can I have the address" And he said, "Yes, now go away please" over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
Or Nostra-Nope XD over a year ago
"Hey, what's wrong you two? Did somethi–"

As Mason stepped out in front of Raven she ended up running into him, not hearing the entirety of his question and barely able to stay on her feet.

But as she looked up at the large man in that split second, Mason would see the light brown burning away from her fear filled eyes. He would be able to feel the fear that she felt, the confusion. The sheer amount of anxiety, but more. In his mind a hazy memory would appear. The memory was of a dark room, the outlines of the people present and the faint sound of confused chatter occurring until there were only screams. And above him from the perspective of the memory, there was something. Something that wasn't of their realm. And in turn, the last thought of fear that he had on his own would slip away briefly. But then everything seemed to shatter within this instants, Raven already scurrying passed him with another thing added onto her confusion.

She had began to sweat. Her hands were clammy. She ended up slipping out of sight as she pushed people out of her way and they pushed back, scowling at her. But she didn't care. By the time she shoved through the door of an employee bathroom and locked the door, her mind was on fire. And something was starting to bubble over.

~

Nicholas sat up in his bed suddenly, the cup of vanilla pudding he had been eating spilling onto the paper that he had been drawing on as he was overwhelmed in a sudden instance by a feeling that shook him to his core. Something that felt similar to what he had felt while stuck in the place with the Chinese girl. It made him alert enough to quickly get out of the bed and take cover, expecting one of the creature's to burst through the door.

That is, until he realized something odd. The feelings that he felt were there, yet they weren't his. It was like something had attached to him. He felt a jolt from within himself before against his will, there was a bright flash of gold.

~

On the other side of the line, Abel took the phone from his ear for a moment to stare at it blankly after Yoon had answered. He blinked a single time, opening his car door as he put the phone back to his ear. "Greetings," He said while closing the door and putting his keys into the ignition. "Your mother should have relayed the information to you that I have no appreciation towards texting when she allowed you the number to this device," he went on to say. "I do, however appreciate her concern. Would you be so kind as to impart my sincerity to her?"
EXCUSE ME over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
Oh shush XD Yoon's given him enough hell as is and he doesn't care enough to remember she's kOrEaN over a year ago
Mason looked down at Raven, hoping to find the words to comfort her, but his eyes widened in thought as he looked into her, feeling what she felt, seeing what she saw, putting everything together in this moment as the visions filled his mind, even bringing him to a panic as he fell back, from no force at all, but simply from losing his balance, a light headed, sick feeling overwhelming him, unable to notice as Raven ran passed him followed by Sammy doing the same, shouting at her to wait again. As Sammy approached the door, she knocked on it and spoke, "Raven, please come out. I'm sorry I did something really stupid. I don't know what you're going through, but I can help."
As Sammy was ready to knock again, Mason put a hand on her shoulder, gently moving passed her as he whispered to Sammy, handing her a note, "Sammy, call Jackline with this number. Tell her that she should come here as soon as possible. I know what's happening."
"What!? Fucking Long Legs!?" Sammy whispered in frustration, feeling like Mason wasn't taking this seriously, until he looked at her and repeated, "Sammy. Go and do it now. I'll handle this."
Sammy gave a groan as she turned around, taking the phone out of her pocket, noticing that it had reset or some reason before she dialed the number, giving a heavy groan as she heard the faint ringing, "Un-fuckin-believable"
Meanwhile, Mason gave a far more gentle knock on the door and spoke, "Raven, it's Mason. I don't know much... but I know exactly what you're going through..... I mean, I don't, but I can relate to what you're feeling. Seeing monsters attacking you, seeing how hellbent they are at coming after you... I know. I had that happen to me too. Hell, it happened to me last night. But you aren't alone in feeling this way, Raven. We know some people who can help, people who are willing to do what they can to help you. You gotta trust me on this. I want to help you. I know you're scared. Hell, I'm terrified. Just thinking about it is giving me a panic attack. But I still want to help you understand what to do, okay? You don't gotta do this by yourself."
"O-Oh, you don't?" Yoon stammered. Crap. "Oh yeah, she told me that, s-sorry, must've forgotten heh--" She scratched her head awkwardly, audibly gulping. "Uuuh, yeah of course! I-I'll let her know!" She told him. "Oh, sh-she was also wondering if you were okay during the blackout a few minutes ago---Did you um, experience that too?" She curled a strand of her short hair behind her ear. "I-I know it was only for a minute or so, b-but you know how she worries ha ha..." Yoon laughed awkwardly.

"Abel do no such thing." Kyung-ha glared at Leonard momentarily. "No lie to me." Her eyebrow twitched since it was the third time she was lied to today. But eventually she sighed. "No shoes. No smoking. No curse words." She listed the rules while opening the door to let Leonard in. "I no eat plastic food, keep to yourself." The woman said regarding the Mcdonalds. However, she wouldn't deny cracking open a beer.
"Okay, I asked some of our tech guys to track Yoon's credit card purchases. She eats a lot of junk food" Leonard said honestly "Still can't pull one over on you, Park". Leonard said as he stepped inside, making sure to toss his shoes off outside in a lazy manner, leaving on his grey socks as he walked in, setting the beer and food on the counter as he looked around the room, "Glad to see that you've been doing well since your retirement from the organization. I just came to let you know that I'll be deported to New York, the big city. I swear, these big city cases are gonna push me to blow my fuc-.... they stress me out" He spoke, but followed up immediately, "Of course, you don't really care about that. I'm just here to give you a warning from an... old partner". The word 'friend' lingered on the tip of his tongue, yet he did not dare say it, not after their falling out back in the old unit. He took one of the cans of beer, cracking it open as he took a drink, which was followed by a slight gag from him
In that moment, it was as if everything was falling into place. And Sammy would recognize this as just as the phone was ringing to call Jackline, Mason's phone would start going off the charts. First with texts from the number that had been given to him, which only appeared as glitchy digits and the messages that appeared being from four minutes ago. They had been delayed from when the power had gone off.

Mason where are you
I need you to answer me now!!
MASON!!
LOOK AT YOUR PHONE DAMN IT!
WHEREVER YOU ARE LEAVE!
LEAVE NOW!
And then missed calls began to appear. One. Then two. Then four.

Meanwhile in the bathroom, Raven tried to pace back and forth, tried to quell the searing headache that started to overcome her. The ringing in her head got louder and louder. She could somewhat hear Mason on the other side of the door. She tried to find comfort in his words. She tried to find comfort in him just being there. "Iuh–I-Iuh c-can't–" She could barely speak, or hear herself speak. Or hear herself even think. But she felt something unlike anything she felt before growing. Her head felt like a balloon being filled with more air than it could handle.

It was Sammy's phone that picked up, and Jackline immediately yelled through the phone the moment she heard Mason in the background. "GET OUT OF THERE NOW!" She said urgently. "GRAB AS MANY AS YOU CAN AND GO RIGHT NOW!!" .

~

Abel was silent for a long moment, his closely to every single word that came from Yoon while he sat there in his car. He was so quiet that for a moment, it seemed like he had hung up entirely. Not even his breathing could be heard.

He thought about what Yoon had said and found the logic behind it. Kyung-ha wouldn't have much knowledge on their newer technology since they were just beginning to evolve their resources, one out of the many things that had occurred when she had left. "Yes, it may have been deliberate. Nonetheless, I'm fine," he said, already noticing that something wasn't quite right. "The blackout was indeed temporary, as you've said. What of you, your sibling and your mother? Are things well?"
"Hey, calm down, will you?" Sammy said, pacing back and forth, the stress that was going on starting to get on her nerves now, and hearing Jackline didn't exactly help much, "Listen, I don't know what's going on, but I need some answers. We're trying to just enjoy our day here, and some really bad shit is going on, so I need to know wha-"
Before Sammy could even finish, Mason took the phone with a faint "hey!" from Sammy as he responded, "Jackie, I think there's a girl here who's another magic user. But she's under a lot of stress. I'm sorry, but I can't just leave her like this. I need to help her in some way. If there is any pointers you can give me, I'd really appreciate them right now."
Sammy was not sure of the situation at all, she just went back to the door and knocked on it, responding, "Look, Rave, I can't exactly say I understand what's going on, but it's been a crazy night for me and Mason. A monster attacked me in a club, we went on a flying van to Montana.... I should also mentioned we lied about the Montana trip a bit, we went there to get some info on what is happening, but that woman there, she can give us a hand. You just gotta trust us, Raven. We can-"
Before she could finish, Mason pulled Sammy back, and responded, "Sammy, get everyone out of here right now. I don't know what I can do, but I gotta do something to keep people from getting hurt. Okay."
"Uh... O-Okay, but I don't know why." Sammy said, doing her best to stay calm during the situation, yet wasn't sure how to feel about Mason's words. She turned around, trying to find a way to get everyone out of the building as soon as possible. Seeing a fire exit from the side, she rushed over and threw the door open, letting the alarm sound with a blaring noise that overpowered any other sound. Sammy shouted as loudly as she could, "Fire! Fire! Everyone get out!"
"H-Heh, that's great, she'll b-be relieved to hear that!" Yoon informed him when he told her he was fine. However, when it came to asking her how she and her family was, she stood there with a blank expression. "Uuuuuhhhmmm...." She began, clearly a different person now when she wasn't mad or trying to escape. In fact, a meal and some sleep is all she needed to return back to her normal state. "Y-Yeah, we're fine--we're cool too, it was just a little scare, that's all. I'm gla--WE'RE glad to know that you're okay." She told him. "Hey, um, my mom was also asking about tomorrow and you know how she's all skeptical and worried and all that, s-so she just wanted to know certain specifics of the location and activity, l-like what we're going to be doing." Yoon lied to her advantage of preparing ahead of time. "Actually, for some reason she's really desperate to know if there's anything extra I need to b-bring..." She mentioned.

Kyung-ha rolled her eyes when he finally revealed the truth. "I try to get her on veggie diet but no works." She added to his comment about Yoon eating a lot of junk food. But as he continued on for his reasoning of visiting, her head tilted the slightest bit. "New York?" She crossed her arms with an arched brow. "New York is dirty." She had never been there, but from what she'd heard it was enough for her to never want to visit there in the first place. "Stress no good. Try meditate instead of tobacco." She suggested with slight annoyance since she knew he would just dismiss it. Kyung-ha grabbed herself a beer and opened the can with her sharp nail before chugging a large sip in an oddly lady-like manner. She set it by the counter momentarily as she made her way to the kitchen, pulling out a large Tupperware while continuing the conversation. "You old mule now, time to retire."
"Heheheh... Guess you got that right. Course, you're only a few months younger than me, yet you still got this... aura about you. That firey passion to do what's right, even back when we worked together. Heck, you don't even got a single grey hair or too many wrinkles. Still as lovely as you were when we were foolish kids. Me, I aged like milk, though.".
Leo gave a dry, tired chuckle as he took another sip of his beer, this time setting it down without much intent of picking it back up before he responded, "Regardless, I'm glad that it was Abel that took up the mantel of looking into Yoon. Still remember when you had her all those years ago, hearing about how you were going to leave the unit to keep her safe. I don't know why, but I was pretty envious of you, having the motivation to leave. As much as I'd like to retire myself, it ain't gonna happen. Those guys in the Council have a grip on me.... Bunch of damn snakes, the whole bunch of them."
Leo's dry yet nostalgic tone shifted into one of bitter disgust and hatred before he added, "Kyung-ha, I doubt you'd want Yoon involved in any of this. Hell, no parent would want that for their kid. But if the Council sees her as having the potential, they'll use her. The Constable unit... It's not what it once was. It's got it's own rules now, to protect humanity at any cost. And I do mean any cost. Even if a few lives have to be ruined in order for many more to be saved. Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it."
Leo was left to put a stick of gum into his mouth, still unable to find his cigarettes as he chewed on it in a rather aggressive manner, "That's why I'm glad Abel was the one who is watching her. He's stern as all hell and way too uppity, but he's a good kid. I just worry the new teachings of The Constables could get to him, change him for the worst. Don't let that happen, okay? Tell him that all lives are worth protecting, without having to sacrifice another. That was the old code, a code that need to be preserved."
"Samantha would YOU SHUT UP FOR A SECOND AND–" Jackline's voice tried to say from the phone. "Listen to me dammit! MASON I SAID GET OUT OF THERE NOW!! MY POINTER ARE FOR YOU TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY MASON DO YOU HEAR ME?!–DAMN IT–"

When the fire alarm sounded off and Sammy began to scream that there was a fire, people began to move accordingly, some of them confused at first. They scrambled towards the door, but by this time, it was too late.

"H-hey what're you doing?!" Dean's voice came in as he suddenly swung around the corner. "Where's Raven!? We need to get gone, there' a fire in here!"

Raven's felt the fire within her head grow further and further, the link in her ears now overwhelming. She cried to herself, she begged for it to stop. She could hear them. Voices that filled her head. They were like footsteps stepping all over her skull with prickly thorns. They made her brain feel as is it had been skinny dipped into a pool acid.

It became far too much for the young woman to handle. And what dwelt inside of her could no longer be restrained beneath the surfaces of the seen and unseen, refusing to be caged any longer. Raven could only clutch her head with both of her hands, trying to hold in all in. But it was in vain.
A raw, helpless scream came from the bathroom, from Raven. A wail of fear and agony. And she screamed, and screamed, her own voice mute to her.

The bathroom mirror shattered. The lights throughout the entirety of the building blew themselves to smithereens. The walls of the bathroom were like cardboard being pushed outwards forcefully by pounds of exploding TNT without the boom, the building rocking into a heavy tremor while the floor and ceiling rapidly tore itself asunder. The windows became shards that were frozen into place, warping momentarily before flying outwards in a flurry.

Arcade machines, and wires and cords were tore from their places and mashed into one another violently as they tumbled across the room as if they weighed nothing in the hurricane of chaos that ensued.

Mason was thrown back with enough force to have possibly killed him the moment he impacted with anything around them. However, right before he could collide with solid material, unknown to him, his skin and body toughened greatly just before impact as he was sent flying through one of the walls.
Sammy on the other hand was grabbed physically and thrown out the door with there being little time for it to have been done any other way.

Those that weren't able to escape suffered from the explosive wave of certain death that washed over the vicinity, the unstable, twisting energy only being able to be contained just as it was attempting to spread much further. And the ones who did began to drop unconscious, the energy being too much for their minds to combat. Cars crashed into one another, people on the other side of the street were effected as well, some them being knocked down forcefully.

~

Now Abel knew that something was wrong the moment Yoon had referred to her mother as "being desperate". If it was one thing that he knew of Kyung, it was that that was not a term that described her at all. Skeptical, perhaps. But desperate? Something else that he had already caught onto was that Kyung already had an opportunity to question him about the things that Yoon had mentioned. And while he was driving he was already once again looking over the text that Yoon had sent him. "I don't believe you are being truthful," he said flat out after a moment.

However before he could continue, Yoon would feel a massive portion of something that she had never felt to such a degree wash over her. It would feel like waking up in the middle of the night only to have hot water and sand thrown into her face. Anxiousness, fear, these feelings felt as if they blew passed her like a gust of wind that wasn't really there.

~

Piiiing–CRASH!! Liquor bottles crashed into the floor many at a time, glass shattering everywhere as Viktor found himself on the ground staring wide eyed into the air that was in front of him after accidentally knocking one of the shelves out of place. Something had come over him. Something...unnatural. So much so that he lifted his hands to find that they were trembling uncontrollably.

"Vik–Vik what the fuck?!" One of the bartenders that were coming in for her shift exclaimed. "Vik?"

~

Nicholas jumped from his bed at the sudden surge that momentarily washed over him, much more there than it had been before. He fell to the floor, but didn't let that stop him from crawling over to the window, compass of gold in hand. It arrow spun out of control, coming to a sharp stop before glowing more brightly than he had ever seen it do. Except, there was one moment that it did. Not as bright, but just as bright. His thoughts went to Yoon at first, but this...this was different.
Sammy was flown out the door at an unkown speed, though her collision into the wall caused her to feel an agonizing pain in her body. She could clearly feel that her arm was broken from the impact and something in her ribs were cracked. She could feel a bit of trauma from the hard impact, groaning in pain as she tried to pick herself up, though her vision was already starting to give out. She searched around for a moment before finally collapsing into an unconscious state, barely able to have avoided the disaster.
Mason picked himself up with a groan, expecting for something in his body to have shattered. To his surprise and relief, he was unharmed. Sore all over, but no serious injury. He looked around at the destruction around him, seeing the walls fallen down and even the corpses that surrounded him. Mason was now in a total panic as he looked around even more, his eyes turning back to where Raven was as he could hear the scream coming from her. Mason stood up, not sure what he had, but he chose to use it to his advantage. He walked closer, feeling the scream pushing him back slightly, but he kept moving forward, shouting, "Raven, Stop! You're losing control!"
afewseconds commented…
Lucky for you Mason, it's already over XD over a year ago
By the time Mason was able to pick himself up, the building that was there had been reduced completely to rubble. In under a minute's time, everything that had been taken to build the foundation of what was once Arcadia was little more than settling dust and glass strewn all over the place. The sidewalk was cracked into chunks of concrete, and the streetlights that were near the building were pieces of splinters.

The people outside who just barely remained conscious let out groans of agony from undeniably broken and fractured bodies. Some that had been crushed by arcade machines that had managed to stay enough in tact to be fatal upon impact. There were other people in the area that were screaming that something had exploded.

Fire from the destroyed machines had gathered, and electrical fire bursting to life only to be met with the disagreeing droplets of rain that came with the change in the atmosphere that had been caused. More of the precipitation came pouring down seconds later.

And as Mason was trying to go back towards the building, a hand snatched him back until he found himself meeting glaring, glowing eyes of emerald.

It couldn't be told if the red-haired woman was glaring out of anger, or if there was sadness within her scowl, or just the seriousness of the situation itself. "Leave,"Jackie commanded sharply in a tone that was like a stabbing knife. She shoved Mason back a few steps. But the look that she gave him afterwards said that it was for his best interest for him not to go any further. It was as if she was protecting him. Protecting him from something that she knew he was far from ready to see. "Your friend needs you." She turned to hurry towards the building with a cloth around her mouth, disappearing into the fire that rose in a unnatural manner sooner after she entered.

And though there chaos reigned outside, it was closer within the building where the source of it had come from that the true damage had been done. Accidental carnage caused by an unwilling participant.
Mason was already moving forward, unable to get a good look at where Raven was, before he was turned around, face to face with Jackie, a look of worry on his face as he stared back at her. As he was told to go back, he shouted, "B-But what about Raven, she..." But before he could get the words out, Jackie had already run into the building, Mason unable to pass through the fire. "Shit! Shit, shit!" Mason looked around, spotting Jackie lying on the ground as he rushed over to her. He could see the blood dripping form parts of her body, the way her arm was twisted, it was enough to make him sick. In the chaos, Mason picked up his phone, dialing the emergency unit as fast as he could as he picked Sammy up off the ground as carefully as he could, running her out of the destruction quickly
Jackie uncovered her mouth the moment she got into what remained of the building and instead used some of her magic to make thin walls that split the smoke in front of her in half while keeping it far enough away that she didn't inhale it. She tried not to pay attention to the the bodies that were in conditions so bad that it looked like one of her grandmother's pets had gotten a hold of them. If Bob Ross had the mind of Hannibal Lector, she'd imagine that this is what his work would look like. Splatters of red and chunks of people covering corners and slumped lifelessly.

"Dean..Dean...get up. Dean...Dean..fire...y-you need to get up.."

Jackie could hear the voice coughing out words. Her jaw clenched, and she had to sit her emotions aside before she continued towards the voice.

"D-Dean..we...we gotta go..there's a f-fire...c'mon..g-get up..get up.."

"Hello? I'm here to help! I'm coming!" Jackie waved her hand through the smoke to clear more of it from her way only to come across a sight that made her feel as if she had been punched in the gut.

On her knees she sat rocking back and forth with wide eyes, within her arms cradled the torso of a boy. Only his torso. His innards were spilled out into her lap, some of them still seeping. Some of his fingers were missing, lost to never be found while others hung from thin skin. Bits of his face were split, but she could tell that it was him. And his eyes, they were still open and her own were wide in shock. "D-dean...Dean..wake up...wake up...Dean..D-Dean..come on...let's go play COD o-or that stupid fucking Overwatch you like playing s-so much. Dead...get up...g-get up..." She repeated over and over again, trying to coax the young man out of his bloody slumber. She didn't seem to be aware that her own skin was being burned by the fire. "P-please Dean...I-I can..I-I'll take you..take you that concert y-you wanted to go to. I-I was gonna wait until your b-birthday but–"

Jackie's teeth gritted, knowing that she was going to have to move forward. She shooed the flames away from the woman while approaching her slowly. "H-he's...he's gone. You have to worry about your own safety right now," She said over the woman's constant repetition of trying to speak to the child. But seeing that she was nearly unresponsive, she reached out to take the boy away from her carefully.

"Don't you fucking touch him!" Raven snarled hysterically, snapping at the person who she, only for that brief moment, realized was even there. "D-Dean...Dean come on th-this isn't f-funny. I-I'll buy you a new c-console. A tv? I-I'll get you your own apartment–I'll give you my apartment!"
Mason was able to get to the front, a set of ambulances and firetrucks being heard from multiple directions, driving as fast as they could toward the scene, the blaze of sirens getting louder and louder. Mason looked around as the crowds were still unconscious, other people starting to come from around the area to look at the chaos. In the confusion, Mason was thinking about what was going on inside, setting Sammy down gently against their van, the windows having been shattered, but thankfully no other damage from that. He set her down where the paramedics would find her before he rushed back into the building "I-I gotta make sure those two are okay! I-I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but... I gotta know!" Mason rushed back in, hoping to find some alternate route passed the now rising flames, running around the fire when he could, stepping over rubble and mangled bodies as he called out, "Jackie! Raven!?"

From outside, just moments after Mason left, a figure stepped up to where Sammy was, placing his fingers on her neck to feel for a pulse. Though she was in pain, she was alive, extremely lucky given the situation. The man stood up, taking one long drag on his cigarette before tossing it to the ground, his hand near his gun as he thought, "Reminds me of the film Backdraft from 1991. No conspiracy involving the government, but I'm sure this has it's own cause for chaos as well. This could get interesting". The man marched passed a group of people, pushing passed them without so much as a flinch as he took out his gun, loading the bullets into it as he approached, "Sure, this goes against my regulations as a new member of the Unit, but surely as a first responder to the scene, it'll work out, as long as I don't run into that stubborn fellow from before"
Jackie had to stop herself from losing what was in her stomach(hah XD). She had seen things in her time as a Constable. She had witnessed creatures that would make suicide for some the much better option. But this was something entirely. Despite the fire around them, she felt chills run down her spine.

Raven sniffled some. "C-come on Dean, stop f-fucking around. Y-you're not...y-you're not sleep..I-I can see your eyes still o-open. We-we're gonna burn in here i-if you don't stop."

Jackie felt something hurt inside of her to the point that she couldn't stand to listen to anymore. Such a deep wound of grief cut into her heart.

"I-it's..it's kinda h-hot in here...l-lets go outside," Raven said to the corpse of the child suddenly. She moved to stand up with him, only for more of his intestines to slide out onto the floor with a heavy slop.

"No!" Jackie, knowing more than well how much worse it would make the situation for a great deal of reasons. She used her magic to wall the traumatized woman in before she could walk directly into the fire. As much as she despised the fact, she was going to either have to transport them both, or put the woman to sleep and face what she knew would be consequences unless a resolution was found quickly.
As Mason rushed through the building, the fire rising more and more, he continued to rush through, barely managing to scrape by a few of the broken ruble that was starting to fall. "Oh god, I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die!" Mason kept saying. It was not like he was trapped in the building. He could leave at any point. Yet he kept moving forward, forward in the direction he needed to go in. He wasn't sure where to go, however, but he assumed the second floor, up passed the broken stairwell, able to see the outside from a destroyed wall just outside. As Mason climbed up the stairs, he could here a faint "No!". He assumed the worst, and made his way up the stairs even more, the black smoke starting to affect his already weakened lungs

From the bottom of the stairs, the man continued to walk forward, his gun held up, assuming that some sort of monster was in the building. He continued walking forward, using his magic to wave away some of the flames. He chuckled a bit a the thought, "So much destruction. Like a dragon, much like the ones in Reign of Fire from 2002. Guess it's up to me to play the role of Matthew McConaughey and find out dragon-like culprit, wherever it may be." Continuing forward through a hole in the flames, he kept his gun held in both hands, ready to aim, and ready to fire
afewseconds commented…
And when did THIS mother fucker get magic XD Mcnuggets aren't supposed to stay in the heat for this long! over a year ago
He got overcooked. He's a shitty McNugget over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
Leo: *cries in burger king foot lettuce* over a year ago
Jackie stood up carefully, approaching the woman and the boy she held. "I'm going to get you out of here, okay? Everything's going to be alr–"

"Me? Me!? ME!?!" Raven's eyes twitched. "Wh-what about him? Huh? C-can't you see he's catching a fever!? A-and you...you have the nerve to have a fucking HEATER ON!" She stroked the boy's hair. "D-Dean..Dean...y-you wanna go get some icecream? I-it's hot...y-yeah...yeah...icecream..." She nodded to herself in a jittery, twitching motion. However as she tried to walk forward, she found herself stumbling back once she walked into a wall of magic. "What...what the fuck? Dean..Dean did you see that! W-we're...we're in Diablo 3! D-Dean, Dean look!"

Jackie could only shake her head as she began to chant a incantation, the quiver in her voice flattening out.
After moments of searching, following the two voices that shouted through the blazing heat, he felt he was closer once he heard Raven shout once again, across from the room. Rushing as fast as he could, he could feel himself get a burn on his elbow and something slice his lower back. Hoping for the best that it wasn't something rusty or dangerous, he shrugged it off and ran forward, shouting once again. "Jackie! Raven!" Making his way toward the room where it all happened, he caught a glimpse of the sight. Seeing Raven there, twitching lightly, holding what was left of Dean in her hands, a look of absolute shock on his face, his hand covering his mouth at the sight, seeing Jackie there chanting an incantation. He wanted to speak up, but he didn't dare interrupt the incantation. He just looked away from the sight, completely silent. Or so he was, until he heard... distant ramblings from the same floor
"You know, for an arcade building, this has some great design, or had. I don't really care much for silly games, but the place this could've been. Really had potential. Shame, truly."
Jackie, surprised, turned to look at Mason. And as much as she wanted to go off on him right then and there, she restrained herself from doing so and instead continued. She realized that she was going to have to separate the woman from the boy one way or another. "Slephta amimora!"

"Dean...we're gonna go–Slept on wha–" Before Raven could get her words out, her head jerking backwards as a bolt of blue surrounded in white struck her in the forehead. She staggered a little until she fell backwards and onto her bottom. Her eyes slowly began to droop, but they stopped halfway. And though she didn't move, her hold on Dean remained a lively touch.

Jackie's lip quivered, but she remained as solemn as she could be. Especially now that the unwanted guest, Mason, had returned against her wishes. She couldn't bring herself to say much of anything, however and instead carefully approached Raven a second time. She waved her hand in front of the woman's face, and when there was no reaction, she closed her eyes tightly for a second, cursing to herself.
Mason was silent for a moment, his eyes still turned away, unknowing of the lightning bolt tat struck her in the head. Once he turned to see that she had fallen asleep, he just let out a quivering sigh, unable to hold in the stress, shock and utter sadness that came forward as he replied, "J-Jackie, I... I don't know what to say, I... I wish there was something I could do"
But as he spoke, he noticed that the flames around them had begun to die down, or rather, started to move. Whoever was in the building with them was another magic user, and he was getting closer and closer to their location. Mason didn't know if they should run or not, but he didn't want to keep Raven here another minute if they could help it
"There was something that you could have done, Mason!" Jackline turned to the large man, looking as if she wanted to say more, but only able to shake her fist at him and bite her tongue. The woman came first, and as she knelt down to try to separate the body of the boy from her she found that she had to use a bit more strength than originally intended. She literally had to pry each finger away from burning skin until finally she freed the boy from the grasp of Raven. She knew that taking her to a hospital was so far out of the question that she would be better off taking a corpse there, and so her only conclusion was a trip back to Montana. She focused a little more, encasing Raven within a bubble that was strong enough to hold her, guiding it with her like a kite by a string of magic.
Mason looked at the ground now in sorrow, feeling a bit like he should have done something. He opened his mouth to respond, but nothing came out. Instead, he thought for a moment and asked, "L-Let me come with you, okay? If I can help in anyway-"
But before he could respond, he noticed the sound of the flames. Or rather, the lack of a sound. The only sound was the sound of faint footsteps, footsteps that continued to get closer as a voice exclaimed, "Oh no, please, continue this conversation. I would like to know what she needed help with."
Jackie turned around at the presence of the new voice, irritation written all over her face. She glanced over at Mason briefly before returning her attention to Claudio as he entered the fray. "I don't believe I lack a mouth to speak for myself, and I do intend to use it to do well enough so. So in turn I'd rather you speak to me yourself without the need of a center man."
"Of course" McNeel stepped in, looking around the room casually as he spoke, "I'm sure you know how bad this must look for you two. Two magic users in the same room, or perhaps three. One of you is the cause for this, the others merely here to check it all out, to see the chaos. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to take the three of you in to custody. Though intentional or not, destruction was caused, lives were lost, and someone has to pay for that. So, perhaps you could all come quietly rather than make this challenging for us."
Mason backed away slightly, stepping over the rubble as he whispered, "W-What the hell is he talking about?"
"He's talking out of that hole that shit comes from, as one might say." Jackie pinched the bridge of her nose. "And so let me take a educated guess at this, since you seem to be rather unfamiliar with who you're speaking to. So you show up hear alone with clearly no sense of what you're actually doing, with no personnel whatsoever against the regulations of the organization. And then you have the audacity to waltz in here and ask for us to come quietly when I specifically have been sent here to contain a situation that you have completely no jurisdiction over. And so I deduce that you're the newcomer everyone has been having the misfortune of having within their area of command? You're overstepping your boundaries and I suggest you stand down before I make this more than just challenging."
"Oh, you must be Jackline, the tall woman I've heard about" The man said, putting his gun back into his holster before he took out his badge, holding it up, "I've heard a few things about you, a rogue worker and a rather troublesome one with not much partners, but one that gets work done as soon as possible. I can relate to that kind of work, truly I can. My name is Claudio McNeel, but McNeel will do just fine. A lone worker among the fray, off the grid like other officers, like Bruce Campbell's character in Maniac Cop. But... perhaps now is not the time to discuss movies. I would suggest leaving now, before some other, less than patient officers come by. Sorry again for the questioning, I've only heard of you in name."
Mason was completely flabbergasted by this man. This man who was approaching them with the intent of who knows what, now here talking about movies among the destruction. Mason couldn't help but feel insulted, tempted to shout at him, but instead turned to Jackie and spoke, "We should go. I... I don't know what you have in mind... But I'm sure it's something good.