The Worst Generation [The Worst Generation: Hippies, Life, Rave and...Magic?!]

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19PM
rave
/rav/
verb
1. talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
2. speak or write about someone or something with great enthusiasm or admiration.

Hippy
hip·pie
/ˈhipē/
noun
(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

life
/līf/
noun
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
3. a particular type or aspect of people's existence
4. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
5. vitality, vigor, or energy.
6. (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

Magic
mag·ic
/ˈmajik/
noun
1. the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
2. mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
3. a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
4. something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
mag·ic
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***

~Plot Stuff~
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, there existed an otherworldly arcane essence that existed by the name of Magic/Magick. This essence was a variety of things. Lush and in great abundance, full of life and a energy that science had become a pale reflection of in the years that followed. However, it was also an essence that harbored a wicked face as well, bound to attract misfortune and death to all who were able to understand and or obtain it if not tamed properly. The secrets of this essence falling into the wrong hands would bring nothing but catastrophe.

And catastrophe it brought, those hundreds a years ago. One that thrust magic into an era in which it had began to fade and a new form of energy created at the hands of man became the new. The world in which magic had come from became a myth, magic itself became a myth as time progressed and left it to fade and never be seen again.

Or perhaps....what isn't seen isn't truly gone. And perhaps...the world thought to be myth is much more than just so. But what is certain is that what has lurked in the veils of shadows within the darkness, behind illusions of people, places and things. Forces that had managed to slip into the ages of the new world. Those of good. Those of evil and malice. Those of...magic. And perhaps...hope. But...will the newest of generations derived from those hundreds of years be able to face what comes?

And so we fly ahead in time to the present, where villages have become cities of tall structures, and dreams of flight have become a reality.

~TWG Terminology and Lore~

link
link
link
link

~Characters~

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
-
link
Sangeon Park
link
link
-
link
link
link
link
last edited on Mar 11, 2020 at 02:27PM

The Worst Generation 9440 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 901-950 of 9440

over a year ago afewseconds said…
Jackie paused for a moment in thought, but then looked at Sammy through the rearview with dimly glowing eyes and a sly grin. "Why? Afraid of a bit to..fire? Or the fact that it bites?" She replied, opening up the door while using her shoulder as a means to keep the phone up to her ear. Of course she was joking about the dragon, but in her own little way that sounded as if it were potentially true. Her body turned and she kicked her feet out the door.

And just as she was climbing out, Sammy would hear the faint sound of yelling from the phone before it was drowned out by the rushing wind from outside.

~

"No!" Yasha answered sharply at even the suggestion of it, immediately against the idea of it. She was forced to try to catch her breath before continuing. "I-I'll be alright. Our focus should remain on escaping."

But the pohji was well aware that Yoon was right. The body of Lauren was reaching its limits, strained by both physical damage as well as the damage the previous possessor had left as well as use of too much magic at once. It almost could no longer contain the vast energy that had been accumulating inside of it over the course of months, this being evident by the heat that seemed to build beneath the skin. The heat of magic that was used to much more freedom now in a closed in space was the equivalent to a balloon beimg filled with more air than it could handle.

While the two helped each other towards the far, Yasha let out a strenuous grunt. She could feel the Droven starting to push against the torso knight's hand with an incredible force of dark magic. Knowing the risk, the poured more magic into the avatar.

Once they reached the car and pulled the door open, they would find that the driver's airbag had burst from its place. And there slumped against it and unconscious was Nicholas.
over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
"Oh please, like you could actually have a dragon under your contro- What are you doing!?" Sammy's train of thought was completely lost as she watched Jackie walk through the open door as they were flying "H-Hey, don't you think that's a bit dangerous!? What about g-force or some shit!?" But over the sound of the rushing wind from outside the door, mixed with the screams coming from the phone coming from... whoever that was, it was doubtful that Sammy was going to get through to her. It was starting to be clear to Sammy what kind of insanity Mason had to deal with this evening
"Yes yes, grandmother, I–"

"Don't you "yes yes" me young lady!" The elderly voice spoke sternly from the other end of the phone. "Have you any mind of the hour?! And speaking of which you were supposed to have arrived hours ago! You've got some quite some nerve–I was worried sick!"

"I know, grandma, I know," Jackie sighed as she sat on the handle of her broom with one leg crossed over the other. And I apologize for not notifying you sooner. But something...something's happened–happening."

"Of course something's happening, something is always happening when it comes to you and your responsibilities! Have you been seeing that boy again? And why does it sound as if you're under a plane?!"

"That's because I am under a plane, grandmother." Jackie answered irritably, glancing at the steel bird a couple of feet above her and watching it continue on its way. "Can we not speak about that right now? There are more important matters currently and–"

"I know. I've been informed by the organization."

She could hear just how solemn her grandmother was at the moment, and that alone was enough to worry her. "Then you've been keeping an eye on things is what you mean?" She asked, knowing the woman all too well to believe that it was solely the organization. "Is it...is it happening? Is it really them?"

There was silence from the other end of the phone until a heavy sigh was breathed. "I believe so, yes. Personnel have already deployed to do what cleaning they can of the mess and get the situation under control. We'll speak more on the situation once you arrive."
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago cosmic_fusions said…
"B-But Yasha, you're NOT okay! Far from it!" Yoon exclaimed with every bit of worry in her. "You must take another body, take mine! I-I'll be fine, I promise! I-I won't deteriorate like that one is doing!" Her eyes widened when she saw Yasha grunt, and with that, her eyes furrowed and she let out a frustrated grunt herself before her wand glowed a soft color along with the Droven's achilles heel. And with a swat of the wand to the floor, the droven was forced to somersault in midair before being smashed mercilessly on the ground, giving the avatar knight more of an advantage.

When the car opened, her nose scrunched in disgust at the smell inside and who was in the driver's seat. With little to no hesitation, Yoon flipped Nicholas so he could be in the backstreet, immediately stripping HER gun from him. She helped Yasha get in before shutting the doors rapidly, panting softly. "H-How do we get out?!" She was already revving the engine.
Sammy did her best to listen in on the conversation, of course, it was made more difficult with the wind blowing hard in her face and the sound of what she could hear to be a plane flying overhead. Once the plane had finally passed and Sammy was able to scream to some attempt of being heard, she shouted, "Hey are you gonna close that door! I don't want us getting sucked out of this thing"
Yasha on the other hand was completely shocked to find that Nicholas had been the one driving, though she somewhat expected it to some degree. She tried to remain focused while being helped into the car, commanding the avatar through magic to keep the Droven at bay. But even with what little help was provided by Yoon, she knew that it wouldn't hold for much longer.
"We have to go to where the dimensions were intersected in order for the Gemimis to arrive and leave as they please," she began to answer Yoon hurriedly as the car got to moving. "The point in which this occurred at your residence has long since dissipated by now–but there is another, a more recent intersection." One that she had only found after she arrived to save Nicholas. Nicholas, bless the damn child, who she had told to escape. "The club...the one I showed you a few months ago...do you remember it?"

~

Jackie didn't really notice that Sammy was speaking to her while she was immersed in such a conversation of urgency. It wasn't until she was finished and hung up her phone did her attention return to the van, which hand't really gone over the speed that it had been while they were on the ground. Upon seeing Sammy sticking her head out though, she sucked her teeth. "Privacy please and thank you!" And with a casual swipe of her hand the door pushed itself shut, purposely with a little extra force.
Sammy was able to finally sit back down as she gave a heavy sigh of relief, turning over to Mason now as the situation had calmed down, as calm as it could be with a van flying in the sky. Trying her best to calm her nerves, she walked over to Mason and poked at his face, seeing if he would wake up, but only a snore came from him. "Hey. Hey, Mason! Mason, dude, wake up."
Still no response. As Sammy looked back at where Jackie was, her attention returned to Mason, before she followed it up with a sudden hard slap and a shout, "WAKE UP!" Mason's head only fell into a slump, his snore coming out louder now before it moved back to lying on the seat. Sammy couldn't help but chuckle at it before she sat back on the mattress
“Y-Yes, but I don’t know how to get there, not w-while stuck here!” Yoon cried. “I don’t know where anything fucking is here, Yasha!” She yelled one frustration as if her explanation was “easily” able to be understood by her. “You lead, and I drive—“ Yoon indicated before she reversed her car and backed up from the fight scene. And unlike any time before, this time she drove fast with all pressure on the gas pedal.
It was a few minutes later that Jackie reappeared in the van with a handheld mirror in one hand while her other tended to fixing her radiant hair back into a loose top knot. The window that had been rolled down was pushed back up by the use of magic, and she spoke. "I hope that those doors back there are able to be locked and secured."

It sounded like a warning from the woman, albeit one that was given in a nonchalant tone by someone giving their self a minor sprucing(which she didn't appear to need to began with.)

~

When Yoon told her that she didn't have any idea where she was going, Yasha was at first a bit confused by this. But as she turned to look at the child that was in the backseat, she came to understand that her suspicions were confirmed yet again. And again it was reinforced now more than ever that she could not allow neither him nor Yoon to fall into the hands of the Droven. "This dimension is just short of a paradox of space and time–" She grunted again, cringing as she felt her magic being forced back and broken down as they left the scene. "Continue how you would go about this road, but do so taking the paths opposite of what you usually would," she explained quickly, only to have to yell "RIGHT!", seconds before they were coming across the turn. She breathed heavily, a quiet sizzle coming from somewhere within her. She pushed more energy into keeping the avatar strong enough to barely hold the Dael's servant at bay for a few more seconds.
Sammy was thankful she got back onto the mattress as soon as she did, not wanting to hear a few more words from this new stranger about assaulting a sleeping man, before she crossed her arms and replied, "Hi, lady. How's it hanging? You have a good flight?" Sammy replied, hoping to herself that the slap she gave Mason didn't turn into a red print on his face and that it was all just hidden by his facial hair and his inability to handle bad situations. As Sammy was trying her best not to think about it, she asked again, "So what the hell is waiting for us in Montana anyway? I mean, if not under the circumstances we're in, wouldn't this count somewhere as a kidnapping?"
Yoon yelped at Yasha’s sudden outburst to turn right, sending the car into an abrupt turn so they wouldn’t miss their only chance of escaping. She was too focused on the road that she couldn’t even feel the little stream of blood that was rolling down her nose at the excess wild magic she revealed while stuck in the droven’s illusion. “O-opposite paths...” She reminded herself, keeping in mind where the next few turns would be. But then her shoulders sunk some when she heard Yasha was in pain. It only encouraged her to drive faster and get to their destination. “I-I’m sorry Yasha I didn’t know how to stop him—“ She felt like she had to apologize for not taking down the monster herself and possibly getting herself into this different dimension. “B-But you can’t keep up like this, there must be some way I can help you!”
"Drive. That is the only thing you can do in this moment that will keep us alive Yoon," Yasha said, now clutching her hand injured hand, the injury in which had spread up her forearm. "Whatever it takes, whatever the costs may be, I can not–I will not allow him to have his way with you nor your family, nor the boy or his."

Words the pohji had told Yoon many times. And now it seemed as if the pohji in her current condition was the embodiment of those very words. For even in such a condition, bruised and battered, a wound in her side received while fighting through Gemimis to get to Yoon's location now reopening, she remained fierce in her efforts to protect them.

~

"I suppose. But I'd assume you'd prefer kidnapping by someone seeking to help opposed to the last face you'd ever see being a rotting pyramid with a mouth taking a healthy bite of vitamin S and B from your head. Or excruciating agony from an oniikee's quills, or in Mason's case, having your face nibbled off." Jackie gave a small shrug, using her fingers to flick certain strands of her hair into place. "As for what awaits in Montana, help obviously." She paused for a moment. "Tell me, are you two fond of asking the same answered questions? It's a bit tedious, and I assure you that neither of my parents were record players."
"Ugh! No, what is there aside from help, I mean!" Sammy said in a bothered tone, hoping to get her point across, "Who is this help? Why are they in Montana? Are they a witch like you or something? And if she is, what help is she going to be? Is she going to fight these weirdo freaks off for us so we can get back to what we were doing? I think I speak for Mason here when I say that all this crazy stuff is just putting a wedge into our plans and we'd like to get back to it, you know. So I kinda need you to speed me up on whatever it is that's going on here because all I've been hearing is weirdo mystic babble that I'm not fully understanding here. Just because I'm half Chinese doesn't automatically make me a mind reader, you know. Shit, Mason is getting all this info and he can't barely keep from pissing himself.". Sammy finally let air into her lungs as she finished, letting the situation finally get to her and get all of her thoughts out in one before she let out a brief gust of air with a sigh, "I think the last thing Mason needs is involved with this crap. I mean, I'm sure you've seen how he can handle this stuff. It freaks him the fuck out. So, if you could just take all this stuff out of his life so we can go back to a normal living, that would be appreciative"
cosmic_fusions commented…
Cola is bouta slap your characters xD over a year ago
Windwakerguy430 commented…
Probably over a year ago
Jackie didn't say anything while tending to herself in her mirror. She didn't say anything for a full minute while observing her face in the mirror, turning her head from angle to angle as if she were trying to find the perfect selfie angle. Her expression was one of thought. Almost another minute passed, and she paused as if she just remembered that she was there with other people. "I'm sorry darling–Sam, was it?" She tossed the mirror into the air a few inches and it folded in on itself until it disappeared. "I tend to stop listening when things annoy me. In this case in particular, the trivial. Now, what was it that you were on about?"
“Y-Yeah, yeah, you’ve already told me this! But if you don’t take care of yourself then there’s no hope for either one of us.” She drove as fast as her car could take them. “H-hang on tight...” The young woman said before she closed her eyes. Her hands on the wheel tightened, but she remained with her eyes shut as she drove. She scrunched her face momentarily before finding the click she needed to go in the same fast pace she had been going earlier, only that this time what fueled her magic was hope rather than anger. Still, Yoon didn’t open her eyes. She drove with her mind instead, taking the designated opposite turns she remembered from her dimension. They were going so fast that Yasha could no longer hear the tires sliding across the ground, even with Yoon dodging the inky bubbles of darkness. And soon, all three passengers found their surroundings seemed to be passing by them in slow motion, and their hairs and slightly their bodies due to the seatbelts began to float upwards.
Sammy bit the inside of her lip, her mouth to the side as she tried her best not to get offended. Regardless, she put her hands together, taking a single step forward, as she spoke sternly, "Okay, I'll speak in basic human terms for you. Get this shit out of Mason's life! Mason has shit to deal with already. The last thing he needs is getting dragged into some fucked up fight against witches and wizards and monsters and shit. Mason is not a fighter, he's... well, a lot of things, but not a fighter. So tell me why he's getting dragged into this shit? Why is it that whatever world you come from wants him to be doing this shit?"
"Ancestry and fate." Jackie's answer was as simple as that. "And just to light the burden of ignorance currently dancing around on your head, I was born and raised in Los Angeles. So "whatever world I come from" would be this one. But I if we're speaking in "basic" terms I suppose I'll play along. There will be no getting it out of his life. There is no getting it out of his life. It is his life. From here on out his life will just be beginning in fact. Now if you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you stopped letting your tongue do work your mind doesn't grasp. It comes off as a bit silly and half-witted considering what's said about most blondes. No offense, of course. Just friendly advice from one woman to another."

~

Yasha felt herself start to float, only able to watch as the car sped into a speed only capable by use of magic. She cursed to herself, but didn't have enough time to stop it. For once everything began to slow, her eyes widened. He was there.

Yes, the Droven stood outside the car at the back window closest to Nicholas's feet, his face contorted into an expression of hellish rage.

Yasha acted as quickly as she could.

The split seconds that it took were much like stretching a curled finger into a straightened position. Lights flashed, the car windows shattering inwards.

Yasha was no longer in the front seat, but in the back with her body shielding Nicholas.
"h-hey what a--" Yoon was about to question with closed eyes, but her ears caught the slight sound of the glass shattering slow motion from her windows. She opened her eyes, an aura drifting off them while furrowing her brows as she glanced back at the droven outside. They were suddenly fueled by rage again, and her magic acted upon it by grabbing a hold of the pieces of glass that were shattering inward. They trembled with her magic's contact, warping into similar sizes of defined fatal spikes before she suddenly sent them in an outwards motion right at where the droven was. The speed of their surroundings returned to normal, Yoon falling back in her seat as she neared the destination. "W-We're here!"
Sammy had to hold in the desire to smack her across the face, of course it didn't help that she really wanted to, and instead, she continued with another comment, "So what, just because fate says so, he's gotta do this shit now? Says who? Doesn't he get a say in any of this? Why is he the one that's gotta deal with all these monsters and shit? You don't know what he's gotta deal with. I'm sure that anyone of you or anyone else or whatever group you may be a part of have no damn clue what he's got to deal with. And then you just come and add all this shit on top of him?! Fuck that!"
"You can stop now, Sammy!"
Mason said as he turned in his seat, looking back at the two. Of course, the red print from Sammy's hand was in fact on his cheek. Mason looked over at Jackie and spoke, "So there's more of things like that coming for me then? There's no getting out of it? I... guess fate has a way of really surprising you"
"Come on, Mason!" Sammy said as she sat in the seat next to him, "You don't gotta listen to what she's saying. I mean, what the hell does she know. Ancestry and fate and all that shit. It's a bunch of-"
"And if I do leave, and something comes back, and you're around when it happens, what's to stop it from killing you, Sammy?" Mason said with a serious tone of voice, looking at her. Sammy turned her head back. If this was any other time, Sammy would have to be the one helping Mason out. But hearing this, she just bit her lip in silence. Mason turned his head back to Jackie and spoke, "I'll do what I can. I can't exactly say I'll like it, but I'll do it. But I need to be sure that what I can get from where were going will help me and Sammy stay safe from those monsters. And anyone else who may need it. I don't want those things killing people needlessly. Alright, Jackie?"
"Then it seems we're on the same page now." Jackie picked at her nails absently, spreading her fingers out in front of her to observe. "A page of logic and common sense. Ancestry and fate are bullshit, hm, Samantha? Is that what you were going for?" She chuckled. "Is that why Mason has been so interested in the happenings that have been occurring around the entire continent? Even before today? Or dare I say, drawn to them despite what little money it brings to write about something everyone will see as delusional? Which in turn led to what exactly? Oh, that's right. And encounter with me. And if that isn't enough, you just so happen to have come across another individual being hunted down by the likes of a creature most likely for the same reason. There was a question that I'm quite fond of you asking. "What the hell do I know?" Wasn't it? For starters, I knew enough to keep him alive. I knew enough to get the information that I needed which in turn will benefit him. I also happen to know that my grandmother is a little over three hundred years old and has tread through far worse than you can ever come to imagine. Her words hold more value than that of an expensive hippy by far. If you truly want to help your friend, if you truly worry for him then off with the children's bloomers and on with your thong already. Because whether you like it or want to accept it or not, whatever's coming will come. And when it does, it won't care for any of your problems or any of your lives. Now ask yourself, what the hell do you know." And then her eyes moved to Mason. "And when it does come, you and the others may very well be all that's left that can stop it. Understand?"

~

Upon Yoon announcing that they had arrived at their destination, there was no immediate response from Yasha. However, the backdoor opened and there was a hard thud, the pohji hitting the ground. Smaller bits of glass fall off of her back while some of the larger shards managed to stab into the skin around her shoulders and back from the force the windows had exploded with.

Yasha picked herself up into a sit against the side of the car, her trembling hands clasping around the shard of glass in her hip and gradually removing it with a pained growl. "Gods give...me strength..." She mumbled a short prayer before moving to pull herself to her feet and grab Nicholas.
Sammy was quiet now as she stared at her, gritting her teeth between closed lips before she moved over to the passenger seat, sitting in a frustrated manner, but in total silence. Mason's calm eyes looked over at her before he looked back over at Jackie, "I understand. I just have one question to ask though, if you don't mind me asking. Are... we a danger? Us, I mean, to people? If those things will hurt others just to get to us for whatever their reasons are, then are we just as much a threat to this world as we are?"
Mason couldn't help but doubt this, only for Sammy to lean her arm out and shove Mason in the shoulder. Turning to him with a grin and responding, "Jeez, you get confident for a second and then it drains immediately into worry. Look, Mason, I don't know a lot about this shit, but what Hocus Pocus says over there is probably right. You just worry about getting better with this, and not worrying about failing. Because if all you think about is failing, you're just gonna fail. You gotta know how to fight those fucks off and save people. That's what should be on your mind, big guy"
"s-s-sorry..." Yoon mumbled. "...th-that wasn't meant for y-you..." She said, clearly having directed it towards the droven mere moments ago. She felt like helping Yasha but thought it was best not to in case she accidentally injured her further.
afewseconds commented…
Yoon didn't do it tho XD clearly over a year ago
Jeez, Yoon, you didn't have to kill her XD over a year ago
Jackie didn't give an answer to Mason's question until Sammy was down with what she saw as a horrible pep talk. "There are a few ways to go about an answer to that. For example in your case, you are indeed a potential danger. Not because of what hunts you, because gods know they'd do what they can to wreak havoc anywhere they're placed. But its because of what's within you going without nurture. Without shape and shoved down into a bottle. Imagine your potential as a bottle of soda. If you shake that bottle enough, what will happen? The cap will burst and that soda will be unleashed in an uncontrolled frenzy. Now take that same scenario, that same bottle, and place it within a crowd of people. Those people would most likely die. Now another example. In my case, my magic has never been bottled. However, I was not always aware of what I had at my disposal. And so sometimes, as unaware as I was at the time, things would...happen." Her voice lowered some, and she had to push away memories that were tempted to resurface. "When those like ourselves lack control of what we have, chaos is bound to ensue."

~

Yasha handed Nicholas over to Yoon roughly but not purposely, being that she had almost fell trying to keep herself up straight. Her hand gripped the car door. "I-inside, hurry!"
inside where? over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
....the place where they were going xD over a year ago
Inside Out over a year ago
"You're saying that Mason is a giant magical time bomb ready to blow up an entire street corner!? No wonder he's the size of a giant!" Sammy said loudly at hearing this, her hands on her head as she fell backward and onto the mattress
"Sammy, please!" Mason said with a shake of his head before he looked up at Jackie, "But surely, where we're going will keep me from popping like a Coca-Cola bottle, right?.... Please say I'm right. I don't wanna explode"
"If you do, Mason, I promise I'll take up the mantle of your job. And also be sure to post what happens onto the website so I can get some money" Sammy said nonchalantly
"That joke doesn't work if it can actually happen, Sam!" Mason spoke back, a bit disturbed at her response as he shook his head. And yet, another question came to mind, "So what about these "others" you mentioned? They don't got any understanding of this. Aren't they also in danger of having chaos ensue around them?"
And at that, Sammy jolted up right, "Oh shit, that DJ girl! The monster was after her. You don't think she's gonna explode, do you?"
"Yasha you are not well!" Yoon exclaimed, but when he was thrown the boy at her, she collapsed on the ground since he was much taller than she was and she wasn't good at carrying heavy weights. However, with the help of magic, she was able get a grip on his collar with an aura that helped drag him. Yoon, being the stubborn person she was, didn't allow Yasha to stay behind. So instead, she grabbed Yasha by the waist since her hands were not in the greatest of shapes and forced her to hurry in the same pace she was in, making sure they would get out together.
"Well of course you're right. I wouldn't be telling you otherwise now would I? To add to that, you don't seem to have tapped in to your dormant energy just yet. Well at least not as far as my eyes can see." Jackie gave him a smile. "I'm here to help. And who knows, maybe you'll even come to reconsider that offer we discussed earlier. Anyways, if anyone will be close to exploding, we'll definitely know." And we she said "we", it was obvious that she wasn't talking about the people currently in the van.

~

Upon entering the false dimension's nightclub, the trio immediately came across what was already a familiar sight to Yasha. Scattered among the halls and over the dance floor, slumping over the bar counters and strewn over the walkways; corpses shriveled blue and broken were laid to waste.

Victims of the Droven, Yasha knew they were. She had seen many more even after she had first arrived. Others were chewed and regurgitated pieces and limbs. It sickened her. She led the way through the club towards the middle of the stage where a pool of murky water reflected a dim place that flashed with blue, red, and white lights every now and then.
"I think I'll still pass on that, thank you" Mason said, hoping to brush it off quickly before Sammy got any ideas. As much as he hated to know it was too late, he could tell by her gaze that it was. Sammy looked at her and said, "Ha, jokes on you lady, he's gay"
Mason just ended up picking up an empty coffee cup from the cup holder and tossing it at her head, making her pretend die as she fell back in her seat with a joking death wail, lying there motionless as Mason replied, "Now you stay dead!"
Upon sight of the corpses and the disgusting smell, Yoon came to a pause. She stiffened, her magic that was once dragging the boy stopping all together. A shiver went down her spine and she felt sick. "....d-d-don't feel... so w-well..." She said barely above a whisper. And that's when it hit her––Yoon huddled in one of the isolated corners of the clubs and threw up quietly. She coughed, wiping at her mouth while rubbing her belly. She knew there were never good things that happened in clubs and this was just proof of that argument.
Jackie rolled her eyes with a sigh. "So your daily life consists of this? If so then surely the road ahead will be nothing to worry about." Though it was supposed to be a joke, she didn't laugh nor smile. But her brows lifted soon afterwards as she remembered that they were supposed to be speeding things up a bit. "By the by, you both might want to buckle those seat belts."

~

Yasha staggered over to the water, falling onto her knees and hands. She peered down into the water, seeing the reflection to the other side. Her gaze then went up to the space above the stagnant puddle, and with gritting teeth pushed herself to her feet. At any cost. Magic sparked in her eyes, her pupils sharpening into vertical slits as her irises grew heavy with a deep golden hue. She clapped her hands in front of her and pointed them towards the air.

A rumbling whooom went through the vicinity, the air seeming to suck in towards a single point in the room. The water spurted upwards, lifted off of the ground and into a swirl.

Bracing herself with a deep breath, Yasha dug her feet into the ground and began to pull her hands apart slowly. Grunts of pain came from her as she struggled, but eventually began to pull them further. And in turn, the air began to tear open the further she pulled them apart, the building being send into small tremors. Her body began to react immediately to the strain, bits of her skin disintegrating slowly as she pushed open the passage that intersected the realities.
Yoon's legs trembled as she forced herself into a stand, having to lean against the cracked dusty walls for a second to recover. It was then where she felt the sharp pain in her hands that were numbed before. She whimpered, storing her wand in her back pocket since it was getting in the way of her being able to drag the boy across the ground in order to be by Yasha's side.
*Sammy soon lifted her head up with a groan as she slapped the seat belt on and asked* Ugh, why? Not like this thing can go much faster
Why do you challenger her!? *Mason said with a bit of worry, still not over the flying car trick, and he was quick to put his seat belt on, holding onto his inhaler just in case this time*
With one final push, Yasha almost had the gate open until the process was interrupted. She let out a scream, her back igniting with a pain that felt like a thousand lash wounds being doused in salt as she was struck by a grungy, venomous bolt of magic that left a nasty burn.

And as the pohji fell to the ground, the swirling passage was thrown into an unstable spiral.

"Freiza nul," the voice of the Droven wailed wrathfully before the oh so familiar orange light flashed and would sharply strike Yoon in the side, locking her body in a paralysis that was not so numb this time around. Instead it would lock her muscles and joints in a constricting squeeze. The cloaked man–his hood no longer over his head, was already storming through the club towards them with seething eyes.

~

"Can I not?" This was all that Jackie said, words that she did in fact take as a playful challenge. Or not really so much of a challenge as she knew that it would have to be done eventually. Strangely enough though, she turned on the heater before she went any further. In just a flicker, her eyes were glowing intensely. The van rattled briefly and began to pick up speed almost instantly but not too fast. After all, she had to at least be somewhat mindful of the other two.

And in no time at all, they were flying half the speed of an airplane and gaining rapidly. Luckily, the thin yet flexible barrier that locked itself around it would help keep things balanced.
"YASHA!!!" Yoon screamed from the top of her lungs when she witnessed the pohji fall in agony. She reacted quickly, retrieving both her gun and wand until she was suddenly struck in the side. The young woman screeched, trying to fight against the paralysis through the pain. Her mouth seemed to go numb too since she wasn't really able to form any words. Yoon found herself falling on the ground against her will, still writhing in attempt to break free.
The Droven hurried towards the trio, another bolt of green striking Yasha. The cries of agony brought a smirk onto his face, his eyes wide with satisfaction. "Begone!" He was going for her again but stopped halfway, his attention turning to Yoon. His fingers bent in an odd fashion, dark aura lighting the palm of his hand as he thrust it towards her. "Blahdroa–"

A snarl came from Yasha, and with it came a teal blast that hit the Droven before he could finish the spell and sent him back a couple of steps. "Dispel!"

An air like wave of energy rushed across Yoon and released her from the paralysis.

"DIE!"

Yasha was barely missed by the the Droven's black magic, smoke starting to rise from her body after she retaliated and successfully struck the man with a stronger blast than before, shaping it into a beam that forced him through a stripper pole and into the far corner of the walls next to the door. She turned around as fast as her failing body would allow her and poured magic towards the passage way rapidly, causing it to swell and burst into a vortex. "GO NOW!" She screamed for Yoon to get Nicholas and escape.
Yoon crawled herself up as quickly as her body allowed her to when the spell was broken. She glanced at where the droven was launched through, before her eyes averted back to the opening vortex. "o-oh gods..." She muttered, the sharp pains around her body stinging her now that she had been released. She gathered any strength she had left, grabbing ahold of Nicholas by the collar and panting some as her small body dragged the boy to their exit. "C-Come on Y-Yasha!" Yoon cried as she made her way out.
Yasha stood on the other side of the portal, giving a quick look to where the Droven was getting to his feet, and then back to the portal where she saw that Yoon and Nicholas had made it to the other side. A feeling of relief washed over her even if it was only briefly. But she knew that the Droven would only continue to his pursuit. And so she gave Yoon one last sorrow filled smile, knowing that it would potentially be the last time that she would see the young woman. "Goodbye..Yoon. I l–"

"nnOOOOOO!!" The Droven snarled, running towards the passageway as he saw not only one, but two Keepers slipping through his fingers.

But Yasha wasn't having it and started forcing the exit to collapse on itself until it was no more.

Yoon and the unconscious Nicholas would end up on the floor of the club in which the previous had been mirrored after, the world around them no longer a gloomy mess of stale darkness. The light there was more natural, yet it still smelled as if they had yet to leave the alternative pocket dimension of the Gemimi.

Yoon’s eyes widened at Yasha’s sorrowful smile. “N-No Yasha, what are you doing! N-No, c-come on—YASHA!!!” She screamed when she suddenly saw the vortex collapse, unable to go back in it in time. Yoon’s eyes began to water immediately. “N-no... no no no no NO!!!!” Yoon swatted her hand around where the portal once was. “No!!!” She kicked a piece of rubble out of anger, only to yelp in pain moments later. She cried, blaming herself for what had happened. She was determined to wait there until Yasha returned, but she realized she wasn’t alone. And with that, she retrieved an unlocked phone from one of the corpses in disgust.

911 what’s your emergency?

Yoon’s hand trembled against her ear. “I-I-I need an a-ambulance.” Her voice cracked, unable to prevent tears from falling. “Theres a boy here that was jumped—“ She lied, picking at her fingernails. She gave a location that was near the club, hanging up before she returned to dragging Nicholas out the building and through a different block where she waited for help to come.
Mason could feel his body pressing against the seat as he felt the van pick up speed, Sammy still looking down the window with the curiosity and amazement of a child, Mason still feeling a bit fearful. Sammy turned to Mason with a chuckle and asked, "You're not scared of heights, are you?"
"T-Terrified!" Mason replied as he tried his best not to look down
The lights of ambulances flashed in the distance nearly an hour later, sirens echoing from down the street. Upon reaching the sight of the woman and the battered, bruised and cut child, they were attacked first by the scent in the air. The second was shock at the injured pair. How bruised and battered the boy was and how Yoon's arms were nearly fried and blistered up to her forearms but a little more on up towards her shoulder on her "wand-arm". One could have said that they may have looked like a flame-thrower had been taken to them, for if just a few seconds. They quickly began to take the proper procedures, the main one being rushing them both to an emergency room.

But cruising behind the ambulance, as black as the shadows that crept along the streets, was a car that kept its distance. But eventually, it would coast of onto another street. Or rather...vanish.

~

"Keep your head out the window and you'll be afraid of heights yourself." Jackie chuckled slyly to herself. Dark humor. She stretched and laid back in her seat, yawning, "In the mean time, I suppose a doze sounds pleasant. Get all of the rest you can get from here on out. You'll need it."
A FUCKING HOUR over a year ago
Hey, I gotta wait three hours to get to fuck nowhere Montana. You be patient XD over a year ago
But it's just fuck shit nowhere. If you're looking for absolute nothing overload, you go to Wyoming XD over a year ago
"Easy for you to say" Mason said, the thoughts of all that was happening still spinning around in his head. He could only lie back in his seat, his hand on his head as he let out a sigh of utter exhaustion. Sammy was still kept looking down as the city from below transitioned into suburbs and slowly into country just outside. Sammy was amazed, as if all the troubles she heard were just fleeting immediately while Mason could only think about them constantly in his mind, yet he just sat back in his seat, waiting for the ride to end. He just did what he could in his stress and put his headphones back on, letting the music calm his nerves, even if just for a little bit
Yoon nudged paramedics off her within the ambulance, telling them to put their focus on the boy instead. She didn’t like needles either, and so she slapped away the owner of the hands trying to prick her with some of them, only to follow that by a small whimper of pain from her arms. Her hands trembled as she leaned against one of the seats, trying to figure out the phone she stole from the corpse so she could call her family.
"Ma'am, you need to lay down. Jesus christ, what the hell happened to you lady?" One of the paramedic would ask, still in shock. He looked down at Nicholas, his mind not even being able to process what could have happened.

The other spoke, trying to stay calm. "Listen ma'am, you're in critical condition. Let us help." He reached for the phone in Yoon's hands in hopes that she would allow it.

~

Soon, the wind force would become strong enough to the point that it would feel as if they could be sucked out the window at any moment until Sammy would inevitably have to roll it up.

"But it is quite easy, Mason. Just don't sleep on the right side of your face," Jackie snorted with her eyes closed. She didn't know what it was that he was playing, but she knew that it was somewhat intriguing to her ears.
As the wind started to pick up with much force, Sammy was left no choice but to roll up the window, less she would lose her far too expensive hat in the process. She turned over to Mason to chat with him some more, but once she saw that he was listening to his music, she went silent. She knew that Mason was trying to focus when his music was playing, and when she wanted to annoy Jackie, she was asleep, so she was just left with her own thoughts, which eventually drove her to boredom
“—TOUCH MY FUCKING PHONE AND IM GOING TO BLOW YOUR HAND UP!” She threatened. “If it was so cRiTiCaL maybe you would’ve arrived over 30 MINUTES AGO!” She hissed, her eyes glowing a soft but weary gold for a second. She tapped at the small screen furiously through the pain, going in and out of apps until she pulled up the contacts and tried dialing in her mother’s phone number.
afewseconds commented…
"Oh my god this woman's crazy!" *frying pan* over a year ago
Just throw her out of the ambulance XD over a year ago
That's okay. I don't wanna understand XD over a year ago
"Oh my god this woman's crazy! Don't we have any chloroform or something?!"

"I swear to god Mike if she has some scissors or some shit on her–"

The two paramedics spoke two each other before the first spoke to Yoon. "Look, we're doing I job to the best of our ability right now. A bunch of weird shit has been goin' down and this isn't helping in the slightest. So with all due respect, please let us do our job for your sake and the kid's."

~

It could be felt when the flying van was starting to shift into an unnatural speed for what was a already unnatural thing for a vehicle. But with the protection of Jackie's magic, the ride became just as smooth as it would be if they were on a plane.

Hours later the invisible vehicle would start to float back down towards the surface, a rattling sound causing it to vibrate lightly.
Mason had found himself dozing off, his music having gotten to some tracks by Radiohead before he found himself walking up, his eyes darting around as he looked down at the road, seeing that they had finally been on the ground again. Mason laid back in his seat with a sigh of relief that they hadn't crashed, and even looked over at Sammy, who, in her boredom, had eventually fallen asleep on the passenger side. Mason even turned over to see that Jackie was in the back having dozed off as well. As much as he would like to enjoy the silence, as well as just being on ground level again, he could see that it was still night. In fact, looking at the clock, it was barely even morning, just 4:32 AM. He turned his head back to Jackie and spoke, "Uh, Jackie, we're here... I think."

Claudio rested against his car, having seen so much tonight that he was already not taking too lightly. The flying van was just the start, but after what he heard, he went to see it all. The mass murder at the nightclub that was a few blocks from where the van was, and having to check just in case, the destruction of those houses in that neighborhood on the other end of the city. Claudio was just leaning against his black car, taking a drag on his cigarette with a heavy sigh as the smoke left his mouth as he asked, "Sheesh, this worlds going to hell"
"Are we?" Jackie barely mumbled groggily, turning in the opposite direction and resting her head against her palm. And just like that, she was already trying to slip back into sleep. It was t but a he usual when she used more magic than she was used to. She would get tired, but a short nap was all it took for her to be replenished the majority of the time.
Yoon’s lips quivered as she listened to the explanation of the paramedics. It was clearly shown on her face that she had been crying for a while, but the anger had suppressed those sorrowful feelings. Her hands trembled, and she finally sighed in defeat. “o-o-okay...” Yoon mumbled, having to remind herself that these were just people trying to do their job.
Mason looked around where they were, seeing just fields all around them as he was on an empty road, before he turned to Jackie and woke her from her sleep again and asked, "Jackie, where am I supposed to go? I don't see anything but road and wheat. You do know where we are, don't you?"
Right. Work time over a year ago
"Huh–what?" Jackie groaned, sitting herself up some. Oh, right, she reminded herself of what they had been doing. "Of course I know where we are Mason. We've arrived at our destination. Or at the driveway rather." She stretched, her back arching some until she began stretching her legs. The van dropped to the ground suddenly with a violent shake that didn't really move her from her seat any. "We'll be taking a left."

~

The paramedics were relieved when you had agreed to cooperate with them, and so they began to do what they could to tend to her arms until they arrived at the hospital. Upon arrival both she and Nicholas were eventually separated, but both of them were taken to rooms that were on the second floor. But while things were moving along, Yoon would witness what the paramedic had meant when he had said that things were happening. Doctors were moving back and forth hastily, people being rolled by on beds as instructions were given out amidst the chattering. Some of the people that were being rolled by on beds looked as if body parts had been mashed by boulders. Others were in worse conditions.
:( over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
My bad XD over a year ago