The Worst Generation [The Worst Generation: Hippies, Life, Rave and...Magic?!]

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19PM
rave
/rav/
verb
1. talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
2. speak or write about someone or something with great enthusiasm or admiration.

Hippy
hip·pie
/ˈhipē/
noun
(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

life
/līf/
noun
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
3. a particular type or aspect of people's existence
4. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
5. vitality, vigor, or energy.
6. (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

Magic
mag·ic
/ˈmajik/
noun
1. the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
2. mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
3. a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
4. something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
mag·ic
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***

~Plot Stuff~
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, there existed an otherworldly arcane essence that existed by the name of Magic/Magick. This essence was a variety of things. Lush and in great abundance, full of life and a energy that science had become a pale reflection of in the years that followed. However, it was also an essence that harbored a wicked face as well, bound to attract misfortune and death to all who were able to understand and or obtain it if not tamed properly. The secrets of this essence falling into the wrong hands would bring nothing but catastrophe.

And catastrophe it brought, those hundreds a years ago. One that thrust magic into an era in which it had began to fade and a new form of energy created at the hands of man became the new. The world in which magic had come from became a myth, magic itself became a myth as time progressed and left it to fade and never be seen again.

Or perhaps....what isn't seen isn't truly gone. And perhaps...the world thought to be myth is much more than just so. But what is certain is that what has lurked in the veils of shadows within the darkness, behind illusions of people, places and things. Forces that had managed to slip into the ages of the new world. Those of good. Those of evil and malice. Those of...magic. And perhaps...hope. But...will the newest of generations derived from those hundreds of years be able to face what comes?

And so we fly ahead in time to the present, where villages have become cities of tall structures, and dreams of flight have become a reality.

~TWG Terminology and Lore~

link
link
link
link

~Characters~

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
-
link
Sangeon Park
link
link
-
link
link
link
link
last edited on Mar 11, 2020 at 02:27PM

The Worst Generation 9440 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 751-800 of 9440

over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Sammy continued to laugh with excitement as she was moved from person to person, now enveloped completely in the music. Despite that, her eyes never left the girl at the booth. Her personality, her wild side, it all brought a fun time, for the party goers and Sammy. And yet, she felt familiar in a way. But it all was forgotten as she kept moving her head to the music, hoping that it wouldn't be the last time she saw that girl tonight. She had completely forgotten her plans for tomorrow, and thought that Mason was a big enough man to scare someone off. "He'll be fine, I'm sure"

Mason felt completely drained and exhausted from the situation, trying to find answers of his own in his own mind. But any answer that was vaguely close was lost to him once the woman walked in, her appearance changed completely, even her height. He just stared at her, eyes half open, the wave of events left him without any energy or thought. But they shot wide open at her request and he replied, "Uh..... okay". And he stretched his arm out in front of her, "So have are you going to answer my questions soon? And please say yes, I'm so lost."
over a year ago pLaStIcSUNDAE said…
"I did say I would, didn't I?" The woman took Mason's arm while answering, staring at it for a moment. Her eyes moved, studying over what to Mason was just a normal area on his arm. Or at least for now it was. "Mmh, just like I thought," she mumbled before speaking louder to address Mason again. "Lets see now–I think the first question was who I am right?"

Her fingers brushed across his forearm softly with a touch like silk, more specifically across the place where the smiling man had took grabbed him hours prior to now. The surface Mason's skin in that area began to writhe, lines that were like veins swelling under his skin until they etched the shape of an eye that seemed to look back and forth between them.

"You may address me as Jackline. As for what I am–you may want to clench your buttocks a bit, this is going to sting I'm afraid," she warned, the fingers on her right hand rubbing together.

~

There was no mistaking it now, the source of the energy that bounced around the club and people. Yasha stared up at the DJ's booth already about convincing the woman to end things early for the night. A duplication spell would surely be enough to solve the issue of her absence. However, before she could get through the people in time, she witnessed someone be called up to the stage. And with the second coming of the music's hard drops, she immediately noticed a change in the energy. It spiked, and even amplified in the moment which left her furrowing her brows as the woman with the lighter colored hair was pushed into the hands of the crowd to be tossed around.

However, Yasha wasn't the only one who had been watching. But unlike her's, these eyes watched from the corners of the room.

~

"YES I AM!" The boy snapped back at Yoon, holding up one of the only ends that he had managed to tie together with shaky hands. "See!"

As Yoon was tossing the rope of sheets out of the window, Nicholas picked at his fingers and continued to mumble chopped up bits of songs to himself. But no amount of singing would prevent the body stiffening sight that his eyes would fall upon. He was going to try to help with whatever he could that would help them all, but with his first step forward he heard the splashing of water beneath his feet. He didn't want to turn around nor did he want to look, but his gaze refused to stop following the path of the pool of thick water-like ooze that came from the kitchen. He could already hear the chatters, and from there, his eyes could only go up. He backed up, stumbling into Yoon on accident and gagging on a cough when the foul smell that stuck to the atmosphere increased tenfold.

Within the kitchen the points of triangular heads were rising from the floor from the water-ooze, two pair of long limbs that were later accompanied by another pair assisting in pulling the creatures into form. One of the water worn and decaying heads let out another disgusting croak sound while the other shrieked through chattering teeth. The further it pulled itself from the pool of blackening water, the more it could be noticed that the two heads of the creatures were part of the same body. The second pair of arms stretched from the back of the shoulders where the arms of the first pair connected into the socket. Their midsection shifted and turned as if it were separate from the rest of the body.

But to Sangeon, this creature would only appear as a glassy outline that almost wasn't there at all.

((A Gemimi))
last edited over a year ago
"I did say I would, didn't I?" The woman took Mason's arm while answering, staring at it for a moment
"Yes, that was right" Mason responded to her as she looked over his arm, paying no current attention to his arm as he kept looking around the van, taking taking notice of the damages as he was now half listening to Jackline, "So that's you're name, huh... Jeez, what am I gonna tell Sammy. She's gonna have a fit over this." But only then did he listen to the last statement as his attention turned back to her, "Wait, what about my butt?"

After what felt like minutes passed of Sammy being thrown around by the crowd, she could finally stand on her feet, giving an excited cheer as she was now at the back of the crowd, thinking to herself as to how she was going to make her way back up there to get her attention. She turned to Yasha, unknowing who she was, and not even remembering her from the store earlier that day, and spoke in a loss of excitement and possible pleasure, "Holy shit, did you see that?! That girl is amazing! Shit, I gotta get back there somehow. She's one hell of an animal". Before Yasha could even get a chance to respond, she was already making her way back into the crowd
Not really addressing Mason's question, Jackie's fingers began to buzz with the sound of electricity, zigzags of pink and blue visibly moving between her fingers. She had already been conjuring a chant that she spoke unnaturally fast before a single word was spoken at the end. "Dispel." The command caused the electrical energy to rush to her fingers tips and jump onto the infected place on Mason's wrist.

Upon contact it felt like he had been stung by a wasp–a very large wasp. And then it would burn, like skin was being hit with a hot poker. The abnormal under-the-skin eye widened in torment, rolling upwards.

"...Al..most–" Jackie had to concentrate a little harder, but within five seconds the swelling skin started to subside.

While this was happening, a hellish scream would occur in Mason's head that disappeared instantly a few seconds. It sounded like something being banished into hellfire.

~

When Sammy ended up speaking to her, Yasha didn't say anything and instead was trying to figure out where it was that she had seen her. Her memory pointed vaguely towards what had become their go-to gas station, but at the moment she couldn't get a good enough look at her face before the woman was running back into the crowd.

Meanwhile up at the DJ booth, Raven was still jittering a little from the kiss that she had delivered and quite frankly stolen from Sammy's lips. Never before had she made such a bold decision, and it left her thrilled. She had never even kissed a woman before, yet her body had reacted to it so unintentionally that it left her sweating a little. Or perhaps it was the building heat from the moving bodies in the club. Either way, if there was one thing that she was certain about, it was that the music had complete control over her now. And she loved it.
"Hey, are you listen-" But he was cut off when he felt the sharp pain in his arm, groaning in pain before it became a light scream of pain, like someone had stabbed him with a burning knife. And yet, he could hear the scream in his head, and... he didn't know what to make of it, but he knew it wasn't from him. It was something else. He squirmed in pain as Jackline continued to perform her technique on Mason's arm, contemplating tearing his arm away from her, yet was barely able to keep it there and endure it, but only barely.

Sammy was barely able to push her way back through the massive crowd, having to push away a few people and shoot down two guys' offers to dance, or rather grind to the rhythm as she saw. She didn't have any interest in the people surrounding her. She just wanted to see more of that DJ girl, what kind of person she was. She was addicted to her aura and couldn't stop now. Even if she could only see her from a distance now, she wanted to at least see more of her. Sammy was completely lost to the music and the sensation now, having forgotten about anything else now in the process. Once Sammy finally made her way back to the crowded center of the dance floor, she got her body moving again, little beads of sweat coming from her head, but it didn't stop her. Her gaze remained on the DJ player, and she shouted joyously "Woooh! Fuck yeah, I love La Sore Epic" She couldn't remember the name, but she believed she got her point across
"Oh hold still," Jackie said in response to Mason's squirming. A little more and– "There we are." Announcing this finally and resting Mason's arms down for a moment, she let out a small sigh. "It will hurt for a while considering that its removal was through dispelling rather than remedying. But your a big fellow so surely a bit of pain for gain should be the least of your worries now that I've disrupted their means of locating you." She crossed one leg over the other, pulling the keys to the van out of seemingly thin air.

"Ah, I believe the other question was along the lines of 'what are you', I believe," she continued, pushing the keys into the ignition. "I'm a television reporter," she started with a bit of humor, "but before all else I'm a Wikken. And you are?"

~

Raven jammed to the energy filled music happily, taking a couple of seconds every now and then just to watch everyone on the dance floor. Something else she liked about her job was seeing how her music effected other people and how they enjoyed music altogether. I fucking love my job. She couldn't stop yet another grin from coming to her face. Her hands glided along knobs and switches, tapping a sound on her pad that recreated the sound of moaning to spice things up a bit. But after a while she started to feel a bit drained, deciding to transition the music into something with a bit more strum that would really bring out the bass in a slower jam. Her idea was to let the session play while she took a quick break from the booth now that she had been up there a while.

"Cooldown sequence, engaged," The artificial voice from the beginning spoke out. "Th-th-Th-tH-TH-this one is for the grind." The pitch of the voice shifted up and down throughout the stuttering until its normality resumed, only for what sounded like a crowd of people to yell "Re-UP baby!', which was another one of Raven's unique tags.

As the slower paced music began to play Raven slid off her headphones and hopped down from the DJ booth, giving a couple of waves to those who screamed out to her.
over a year ago cosmic_fusions said…
Nicolas bumping into Yoon only made her accidentally bump into her brother who bumped into the wall. She furrowed her brows and pushed him off her, covering her brother's eyes for the sake of his own innocence. However, she didn't realize that he himself couldn't see the monster. The young woman gulped, praying that her mother wouldn't return any time soon. "G-G-Get out---GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT!!!" She shrieked, pushing her brother to get moving to the window. "Escape! Escape NOW!!! And don't stop calling Lauren!" She ordered him, unlocking her phone this time and ensuring Sangeon knew how to climb downward. Yoon distracted the eerie creature by throwing several things at it, ranging from pillows to toys to remote controls.
Mason clutched his arm in slight pain, groaning in pain softly as he listened to Jackline explain herself. And even still, it just added more questions than answers as he responded casually, "Oh, a Wikken. Yeah, okay, that makes sense." Mason replied in a sarcastic tone, finally finding himself calming down from what he witnessed, "Before I give my personal info, I still got some questions. Like.... what was that thing? and why was it after me? I mean.... What did it want, money? I don't have any of that, so it must've been mistaken."

Sammy was among the people that shouted to her in excitement. It was like she was a celebrity to her, and Sammy was not one to idolize someone so easily. But this girl, she was a special kind of person. Sammy continued to shout to her, assuming that their little stunt together at least got her attention, if even a little
While she was on her way to the back booth Raven caught Sammy among the waving clubbers and her pace towards her destination slowed. She could feel her cheeks gain a little extra heat just looking at her, yet she couldn't stop herself from wanting to have her presence there. Or better yet, to be in her presence. And that's when an idea came to mind.

Raven playfully blew a kiss in Sammy's direction, though the surrounding people seemed to mistake it as their own while she continued on her way. However, Sammy would know that it was meant for no one other than herself.

~

"Well to be brief, money is no where in the realm of what it desired." Jackie turned the keys within the ignition, glancing briefly at the creature that was in the back before looking back at Mason with a puzzled expression. "It's a oniikee, a being once an oni now swallowed up by a curse of hatred and a thirst for vengeance. It came to destroy you along with the others like yourself I presume." While she spoke, she settled herself back down into her seat. "Drive. We have business to attend to which will consist mostly of extracting information from the oniikee once it regains consciousness."

~

The creature's pointy heads scraped against the ceiling, it's arms swiping at the objects that were thrown at it before it's left head hissed loudly through its chattering teeth. The right head however let out a demonic shriek of agitation before lunging forward.

Nicholas, scared out of his mind, fell backwards onto his bottom when the creature lunged. But sparks of yellow and teal caused his eyes widened, and he watched as a wall that hadn't been visible before put itself between them and the creature. "..Whooaaa..." He stayed there on the floor, stuck watching in awe as the creature staggered back, creating a hole within the wall behind it when it fell
As Sammy caught a glimpse of the DJ girl blowing a kiss in her direction, a sly gaze came onto Sammy's eyes, as she looked her on without a word or even much of a follow up to her. She just gave her a longing gaze, followed by a playful wink in her direction before she made her way to one of the tables, hoping that the girl would follow her. It was clear to DJ player that she had fully gotten her attention, and Sammy was fine with that

Mason's head slowly turned back to the creature in the back seat and then back to Jackline as she spoke, his mind only filling with even more questions. "What the hell is an oni" "What is this about hatred" What do you mean other's like me" "Is this an anti-gay stunt or something". All these thoughts bounced around Mason's head, but he put them to the side at Jackline's demand as he responded, "W-woah, hang on a second. First of all, I'm waiting for a friend. I can't just leave her here. And I don't want her seeing a monster in my bed. After all, I live here. Second, while I appreciate you saving my life, I don't know how I feel about driving to places I don't know about, so if you want me to listen, I'm gonna need to know what all this is about, why I'm getting attacked, and why this long legged cosplayer is sitting in my van-house..... Ahem... if you don't mind" He slowed himself down as he started to get more agitated with his words, taking a deep breath to calm his nerves from the situation
"...y-y-you...have...MAGIC?!" Yoon's eyes constricted as she flailed her arms. "WHY HAVEN'T YOU BEEN USING IT!?" She yelled at him with irritation, feeling her stomach sink at the damage that was being done to her home. However, while the monster was distracted, Yoon took advantage on helping her brother slide down the makeshift pole they made out of blankets. Sangeon swung side to side at the very bottom awkwardly, closing his eyes as he leaped off the rope and landed almost on both feet before falling and scraping his knee.

"a-a-are you okay?!" Yoon whispered loudly with a trembling voice from the window. Sangeon simply nodded, though tears were swelling in his eyes. He knew this wasn't the time to cry, and with that, he dragged himself up and started running, the phone in his hands once more calling Lauren again and again.

With her biggest worry gone, Yoon turned back to face the current problem. "You are RUINING MY HOUSE!" The short person exclaimed, throwing another toy at it while hiding behind the barrier.
Cosplayer? Jackie scoffed at this, rolling her eyes. "Hmm, where to start–oh yes, first and foremost you're very much welcome. And while you may not be so fond of a creature of this stature being present within your...mobile residence, he'll be needed to answer some of the more interesting questions that you have. Or confirm them if possible. As I said before, this could very well be a plot devised to kill you. Which brings us to the, 'others like yourself'. Others, as in, the Keepers. Why I'm here exactly however is currently classified information until further notice. But this friend of yours–this was the individual accompanying you earlier on during your first encounter with the oniikee correct? I can tell you that you may want to reconsider getting this bolt bucket moving or she could very well have a stroke of luck much more different than your own along with the others. And surely waiting for a dead individual, though poetically melancholic, doesn't sound very ideal. Now that that's out of the way, we should really be on our way Keeper. We'll need to get to a secluded area."

~

"B-but that wasn't me!" Nicholas defended himself against Yoon's accusation and cringed a little when Yoon had yelled, thinking to himself why such a short person had to have such a loud mouth. In actuality, he didn't even know if he had caused the wall of energy that stepped between them and the creature or not. And at the same time, what she had said had caught his attention as well. Wait–magic?

While Yoon was helping her brother slide further down the long vine of blankets, the creature was already starting to recover. The counter pushed through the floor loudly while it pulled itself back up to its feet, the other two arms quickening the process by pushing off of the floor and allowing it to shove itself into a stand. By the time Sangeon was on the ground and running off, the nightmarish entity was pounding against the barrier violently. And as another toy came flying at it it swiped it into pieces.

Nicholas watched in horror as the creature's hands pushed at the protective wall that kept them safe, watching as that very wall began to stretch and waver against the pressure. He could sense something starting to quickly give out, and a small voice spoke quietly from somewhere his head. It's breaking. He was already booking it towards the door yelling to Yoon "Come on, come on its getting out!"

Meanwhile, the phone in Sangeon's possession would continue to go to voicemail each and everytime. That is, until finally, just before the last ring went dead–"Yoon?" Yasha's voice was heard from the other end of the connection just over the sound of the loud music in the background. "Yoon, is everything well?"

~

Raven caught sight of the unexpected wink from Sammy that she was given and immediately continued towards the back booth, lucky that the mask hid some of the blush that had come to her cheeks. Fuck, what's up with me today? She was beginning to wonder if someone had slid one of the many ecstasy pills going around the club into a drink of hers or something, because never had she felt so attracted towards someone let alone a girl. What made it more awkward for her is that she wasn't sure if it was even a physical attraction that had her the way she was. But of course she hadn't had anything to drink, so that option was ruled out instantly.

Yasha watched as the DJ she could be seen made a stop by the bar to speak to the same security guard that she had spoken to earlier. She tried to listen in on what was being said as the two exchanged a few words but couldn't over the loud music. However she was able to notice the DJ having to make hand gestures that signaled to height. After the guard gave a couple of nods and a reply, she watched her continue on her way to a door close towards the back. She could at least conclude that the female DJ had to be the person that she was looking for, especially now that she could sense the abnormal amount of Essence that had been bouncing so rapidly around the club now retreating back towards its source. But of course that was only the beginning of things, for she would need to get closer to carry out the next steps to how she had decided to go about things. And with the big personality of the DJ, as unexpected as it was to her, she had the perfect idea.

The Poji would use social media as a way to get as close as she needed to cast a spell of protection. She was sure that putting on the act of one of her adoring fans would be all that she would need. But as her phone was booting up a feeling of disruption washed over her. She stiffened, her eyes morphing with a glow momentarily under the rave lights. Immediately she realized that something wasn't right.

And this was only confirmed when Yasha found the many missed calls, all of them within just a couple of minutes a part from one another and from the number she recognized as Yoon's. She didn't even have time to speed-dial her before her phone was ringing once again. Brows furrowing in concern she went to find a quieter place before she answered the call. "Hello? Yoon? Yoon is everything well?"
Yasha could hear the rough sniffles of a young boy over the phone, a trembling voice begging repeatedly to answer the phone. Sangeon had tried calling her at least 10 times before trying to call other or Yoon’s friends, however, he found himself going back to Lauren since she was really the only person he knew.

At the sound of the familiar voice, Sangeon’s crying eyes shot open in disbelief. “H-H-Help!” He cried hoarsely. He didn’t know how else to start the conversation, for his begging afterwards were mumbles unable to be heard. “-p-p-please! Y-yoonieandthisotherguyisstillinthere!!!” He shouted, not realizing he was making a ruckus in the new neighborhood his small but fast legs took him. He didn’t know how to explain what was attacking them, but it was something terrifying and big. “I-Igotoutbuttheydidnt!” He added with guilt, his voice on the verge of breaking all together. “p-p-please it’s been too l-long—“ Before Sangeon could finish, his heart stopped when he heard sirens in the distance pulling up.

From the corner of the bush he was hiding in, he eyed the police car parking nearby him after they had received a complaint of local neighbors.

The police won’t do anything!

Sangeon remembered his sister saying. Tears were streaming down his face and he didn’t know what else to say. “H-Hurry!” He pleaded, before accidentally dropping the phone on the grass when he heard the doors of the police car open and shut. And before he knew it, there were two flashlights beaming right at him. He stood there, stunned, like a deer in the headlights, with Yasha still on the phone on the ground.

Meanwhile, Yoon was praying that her brother was able to get ahold of help and that her mom wouldn’t return anytime soon. But then her mind snapped back to reality and she yelped at the creature’s attempt to break free. She didn’t need to be told to run for it since she was already doing so. In fact, despite her size, she was fast–grabbing Nicolas by the sleeve to hurry him out of the room. And just because he was younger, she pushed him in front of her so she could keep an eye on him. “I-I-I don’t know how this works!” She cried, tears blurring her eyes in frustration as she still tried to wiggle the wand in the air in attempt to do something. “I don’t know how to get rid of it!”
"W-What do you mean dead?" Mason exclaimed in a tone that was almost offended, "And what do you mean classified information? Is this some sort of government shit now or something. And what is a Keeper?" Every time Jackline would answer Mason's questions, he would just be hit with a new wave of questions, each response pushing Mason to a flabbergasted state more and more, unable to comprehend the sheer madness of what was going on here.

Sammy kept her eyes on the DJ girl now, as she sat at one of the empty tables on the side. She was hoping that her gaze would get the DJ player to come toward her, though she didn't exactly hold her breath. She refused any other guests coming to her, even a few people asking for a kiss themselves. Even refusing to have any drinks, mostly because she still wanted to be well for her meeting with Raven tomorrow. She just sat at the table, her hand resting on her cheek as she kept her eyes on the DJ player, or rather the door to he back that she went through
"Sangeon?" Yasha was already taken by surprise to hear the voice of the 8-year old that she had come to adore over the passing months. And to hear him in such distress caused her jaw to tighten. "Geo," she called him by the nickname that she had given him. "Pace yourself and speak to me child. What's going on? Where's Yoon?"

I-Igotoutbuttheydidnt!

This made Yasha stop dead in her tracks after she caught on to what he had said only a second afterwards. "Got out? Geo where are you? Where's Yoon?!" She asked again much urgently than before. She was already going for the backdoor, shoving passed people. She was outside within a matter of seconds.
"Geo? Geo!" She called him heard a thump come from Sangeon's side of the phone. When she received no answer, she began to curse. A single thought of either of the children being harmed crossing her mind was all it took for her to be sprinting down the street.

~

Nicholas stumbled while he was being pushed in front as they fled, his tired legs carrying him the best they could down the hallway. Despite not being able to see what Yoon was doing, he could feel jumps of something which each time she tried to use it.

Suddenly he stumbled more, the heels of his feet pressing into the ground and causing Yoon to almost knock him over as they came to a sloppy stop. Down the hall where the elevator was, the elevator's cabin–which had been smashed through the floor a few in front of them, slid down and fell to the first floor with a large crash along with chunks of the 2nd floor. A gaping jagged whole was left in its wake.

"This way!" Though under pressure, Nicholas thought quickly and pulled Yoon in the opposite direction towards the emergency as their third choice.

~

Jackie let out an exasperated sigh as more questions came from the man. This is going nowhere! "Oh for the love of–" Her left hand gave a swift swoop through the air before smacking the side of Mason's arm, words of a different world leaving her lips. "Comandethucis: I command thee."

An almost nauseating shudder would force itself upon Mason, and his arms would outstretch suddenly for his hands to clutch the wheel stiffly much to Jackie's delight. This would leave his body in a state that felt like it was asleep and heavy to him.

"Ah-hah, now that's more like it!" Jackie gave Mason a somewhat apologetic smile. "I know you have questions but I'm afraid that the rest will have to be postponed for now. We may be short on time as of now. But how about an agreement? Let's say after we're done and things are a bit less dire I'll answer what I'm able to, mm? Until then," She tipped the gear into drive with a bit. "Giddy-up!"

As if on cue of the command, Mason's foot would slam down on the gas pedal against his will and send the vehicle shooting forward.
Mason's attention shot toward his arm as he felt his body lose control, unable to control it now as it gripped the wheel, "W-Wait, I never consent to this?! I-I said wait, dammit!" However, it was clear that Mason's words got him nowhere as he felt the same sensation in his foot slam down onto the gas pedal. Though Mason tried to force his foot off of it, he was unable to now, the van shooting forward at a speed he would never try to push it, not with a vehicle like this. The sheer speed caused the belongings in the back to start bouncing all around, and of course, the lack of control mixed with the horrid situation that Mason found himself in caused him to start screaming in a state of panic, screaming for someone- anyone- to help him and get him out of this.

As Sammy's attention was looking around for the DJ girl, she did take a brief notice of a lady in fancy attire running out of the building in a panicked manner. Sammy raised his brow slightly before coming to her own conclusion, "Guess someone forgot something". And yet, the lady seemed familiar again. But she just gave a shrug before her eyes moved around to other guests in the building. Taking notice of a lady in such a strange attire. But this one, this one she did remember, "Holy shit" She thought to herself, "It's that chick from the store. Well... maybe she won't remember me". Despite that, Sammy did get a sudden chill feeling on her spine, and she brushed it off, continuing to wait patiently for the DJ players return, the nail of her index finger tapping against the table in a rhythmic pattern
Opposed to Mason's screaming, Jackie on the other hand was laughing gleefully while the van flew across the parking lot. She looked over at Mason, her deep green eyes sparkling with a sense of adventure. "Let's see how quickly we can meet our destination, shall we?"

And as they were coming up on the street, Mason's hands would turn the wheel forcefully and cause the van to somehow go drifting across and into sync with traffic. Though there were some people who were forced to redirect their cars and pickup trucks in order to steer clear of the van. It was as if a more extreme version of Mason's own driving skills were being put into play as they swung around corners.

~

While Sammy was waiting for Raven's return, she would come to find that the wait wouldn't be for nothing. Someone from security, another large male that sported a cone mohawk, approached her table from the crowd.

Once he reached her, he leaned down some so that she could hear him over the music. "I guess tonight's your lucky night little lady." He slid what looked like a colorful slip of paper onto the table before pointing to the door that Raven had gone through. "See that door right there? You're gonna go in and bust a left at the second door to your right that has the same color on as this." He explained, now pointing to the slip of paper. "Put this on your shirt and keep it on at all times while you're in the back so there won't be no issues or whatever, got it?"
Sammy's gaze looked over at the man, already prepared to tell him that she wasn't interested in dancing or kissing or nothing. But once her eyes fell onto the slip of paper, she shot up in excitement, her eyes moving from the man to the piece of paper in a few seconds before she responded, "For real?!" Sammy didn't even wait for an answer before she took the paper and placed it above her heart, putting her hat and sunglasses back on as she quickly got up, "Thank you very much" she replied quickly before she made her way through the door in a hurried pace, almost a jog of sorts, leaving the bustling crowd behind as she made her way through the door and down the hall, speaking the words the man said in a hushed whisper, "Second door to the right. Second door to the right". And following the instructions to the letter, she reached what she could only assume was the door. Sammy never felt so nervous before as she lifted her finger and gave a little rap on the door, feeling her legs give a little jitter as she waited

Mason continued to scream as he tried to move his other foot to the break to no avail, screaming loudly words hoping they would stop, "W-why are you laughing!? S-Stop the van, dammit!". Horns from the others cars could be heard blasting from outside Mason's window, the van skating across the pavement at high speed. All Mason could think of was how much trouble he'd be in, "D-Do you know what the cops will do if they see this!? D-Do you even know what a cop is!? W-What the hell are you!?" Mason shouted yet more questions, though only out of fear for his life now rather than genuine curiosity
"Why aren't you?" Jackie replied when Mason had asked why she was laughing. When Mason mentioned the cops, the subject of them brought a grin onto her face. "Yes, I think I know well enough what a police officer is. I wasn't born yesterday! As for what they'll do when they see us? Why nothing of course!" She exclaimed with another laugh. "Look alive Keeper, we almost have enough momentum to take to the skies!"

~

The sound of a laid back thump came from the other side of the door that Sammy stood in front of, but after her small knocks the door didn't open immediately. It took a little under half a minute before the door finally swung open, thick smoke pouring from the room–enough for someone to mistake their being a fire. Accompanying the fog was the strong smell of marijuana and lingering alcohol.

Raven was coughing a little as she stepped outside the room with her hand fanning in front of her face. And upon laying eyes on Sammy, she paused for a moment. "The fuck are you doin' back here?" She asked flatly, only to laugh a little awkardly three seconds later. "Relax, I'm jokin', I'm jokin'. A horrible joke yeah, but a joke still anyways."

"CLOSE DA DAMN DOOR! YA'LL LETTIN ALL THE HOT OUT!" Someone called from further in the room.

"HOW ABOUT YA CLOSE YOUR ASSHOLE AND KEEP ALL OF THAT HOT IN!" Raven shouted back, getting a few small laughs from some of the other people. She turned back to Sammy. "Come on in. I just got some pizza and stuff from O1."
"N-No! No flying!" Mason replied, feeling a sickly sensation in his throat at the mere thought of going into the sky. But his screams did not stop as he tried to get the van to stop, or to at least slow down to a pace that didn't put him into total fear. With his body no longer in his control, he couldn't even reach for his inhaler to stop his hyperventilating once again. All he could think of was how he jumped from one horrid situation to another

Sammy raised her brow at Raven's joke, sensing some humor in it, but she grinned regardless. Finally getting a chance to talk with her, Sammy made her way inside, the scent of canibus hitting her nostrils immediately. Sammy already knew what it was. She spent enough times sneaking out at night from Mason's van to get a supply. At the promise of food, Sammy gave a response, "No thanks. But if you're offering a hit of that good stuff, I'll take that". Sammy joked, walking into the room with her, the smoke blinding her sights a little as she followed up with another response, "Guess our little stunt left an impression on ya, huh?"
"WhaaaaT? No flying? Come now, that's absurd!" Jackie said with a hint of disappointment while the van was zooming down the road.

What was strange about this woman was that despite the speed that the van had picked up as well as some of the rockier parts of the road that they went over, she wasn't moved around by either and instead remained comfortably in the seat. But once she looked over to Mason and saw fear, she settled back into the seat with a over exaggerated sigh. "Fine, fine." Once the van moved out onto another main road, she rose her hand nonchalantly and snapped her fingers.

The vehicle gave a small sputter, the force that pressed Mason's foot against the gas now easing up and the van now slowing down.

~

Raven gave a shrug, chuckling a little as she answered, "It might have. I think I can say the same for you too though. But backtrack, you smoke?" She asked, somewhat intrigued by this. She hadn't really taken her for the type. "Cuz ya know, if ya want to we got plenty. And its good stuff too, waaay better than that bullshit they sell over in Jacksonville.–not that I'm pushin' it on ya or anything." She added at the end.

Once they went further into the room, more of the people within it became visible as well as the general surroundings. There were tables and chairs scattered about the room along with couches that were occupied. On one of the longer tables were chips and boxes of pizza along with non-alcoholic beverages where people were already helping themselves. And though there were a lot of people, it was far less than in the previous area of the building.

Over on the far right was a bar that looked to have much better options. Blunts were burning and being passed around freely, some of them being fat almost half the length of a forearm. The left side of the room consisted of more couches but also a 60-inch flat screen that was mounted up on the wall displaying the fighting game that was being played on Xbox. Further back on the left side was a fridge that looked of place, but fit because it looked out of place there.

The music was what pulled everything together, it being a laid back sequence of jazzy drums with a few trumpets and saxophones added in every now and then.

But Raven, grabbing one of the fresher boxes of pizza along with way, guided Sammy a bit further back to a U-shaped couch that had its own small entertainment center along with a flatscreen of its own. This area was also closest to the place where the walls intersected into a corner, which she loved about it.
Mason was barely able to notice the pace slowing down, leaning back in his seat with what little control over his body he had, panting heavily as he leaned in his seat before he exclaimed, "Christ, were you trying to give me a heart attack!? Why are you doing this to me of all people? I'm just an internet journalist! I get people hate me, but this is... this constitutes as a hate crime!" Mason exaggerated, but a part of him was thinking why this was happening to him, but didn't dare to push any further for fear that the van would pick up speed again

"Oh, is that so?" Sammy said with a playful smirk, but left it at that to answer her question"Hell yeah. Shit, some days I need to toke so I can manage" Sammy said casually to her. Though she wasn't a heavy smoker, she was never one to pass the option of having a smoke. She followed behind Raven, though her eyes moved across the party room. Something about it was far different from the energetic party that was just behind a few doors. This room was more chill, laid back, and relaxing in a way. And Sammy felt like she could sit here forever. Once she arrived at the couch near a few corners, she wasted no time falling onto it with a sigh, already feeling the relaxation of it before she looked over at Raven with a smirk, "So do you usually kiss girls you just meet? Or am I a special case?"
NO. I'M SORRY. "Eh, first time for everything. So yeah, I guess you'd be that special case. Don't go off waving that around though now," Raven joked as she flopped down onto the couch beside her. She made sure that she gave Sammy her personal space, which was ironic within itself considering that she had so blatantly kissed her before. She reached under one of the couch cushions, feeling around until she found the lighter she kept stashed there. The next thing she grabbed was the blunt behind her ear which had been blocked from sight by her hair.

~

"If I hated you and wanted to commit a crime because of that hatred you'd be in a lot more danger than you currently are," Jackie stated casually. "As for why this is happening to you, I'd point the fingers at the ones that supposedly came before you. If you truly want a more concrete answer, then drive." Pause. "But a journalist you say?" Her brows furrowed some in thought as she remembered a choice of words that were said to her years ago.

Fate works in mysterious ways, whether it be for the dastardly or the righteous.
Mason was ready to slam his foot on the breaks, to get out of the van, and away from the crazy lady sitting next to him. But the only thing that stopped him, the only thing keeping him from doing so, was that he was physically unable to. He had no other choice but to drive.

A part of Sammy was hoping that Raven would be sitting closer to her, but she didn't want to come off as being too easy. She just let her sit across from her, taking notice as she pulled out a rolled up cigarette of marijuana behind her ear. Sammy gave a chuckle though at Raven's answer and responded, "I make no promises but I will try. I mean, not that anyone would believe me that a girl in a mask and tight leather gave me such a little peck" Sammy chuckled
“H-huh?” Yoon turned the opposite direction to follow Nicolas through the emergency exit. She internally sighed when she saw her personal worst enemy: stairs. She opened the door for them, ensuring the boy went first before closing and locking it, following closely behind. Yoon felt her whole body bounce in sync with the stairs, but she didn’t even pay attention anymore to each step. She unconsciously glided through them, tapping the wand on her hand–still trying to get some magic out of it.

Meanwhile, Sangeon found himself huddling in the corner within the back of the police car. He was asked multiple questions, all in which he refused to answer. And so they decided to take him back to the station, thinking whatever event had just happened was enough to traumatize the kid. And to a certain extent, it did. fortunately, they wrapped up Sangeon’s knee and gave him a piece of candy, one in which he didn’t eat. His phone was confiscated as well, and he was internally blaming himself for not being able to reach help sooner or provide more detail.
"It all depends on who ya tell," Raven said as she was lighting the weed filled cigarette, hoping that it would keep her as cool, calm, and collected as she was managing to be. Scooting down a little on the couch she kicked her heels up onto the edge of the table in front of them, taking a long drag from the blunt–which she wouldn't have usually done if it weren't for her trying to act 'cool'.

~

"It's interesting Keeper," Jackie continued, the van now coasting along at a more reasonable speed for Mason'sake. "I myself am a journalist of sorts–or rather it was my major in college, though I've done more than just dabble in my fair share of the field. Out of curiosity, what do you do for work if you don't mind me asking?"

~

Nicholas was hurrying down the stairs, skipping two and sometimes three at a time when he could. He wiped at his nose with the sleeve of his shirt in attempt to get rid of the unsettling feeling of the dripping blood only for him to get a painful reminder that his nose was probably broken. He breathed heavily, wanting to call out for help but knew that it would be in vein and that it would only help the creature pinpoint them faster. But his mistake was thinking that it wouldn't be able to do so either way.

They were only just getting halfway down the steps before the door sounded as if it had been shattered altogether, the hinges being snatched from the doorway.
Yoon shrieked to herself when she heard the door above them shatter open. She panted fast, both from fear and being out of breath. However, she kept running–ensuring the young boy was in front of her the entire time. She no longer felt tears stream from her eyes, instead, they just remained stuck on her irises unless she blinked. But she was so scared to do so that the monster might appear out of nowhere if she let herself become distracted even for a second.

"L-L-LEFT, LEFT!!!" She screamed, grabbing Nicolas's shoulders and driving him to the left even though she was giving out orders. As a result, they came to view with an emergency door which led to a balcony with stairs down to the parking lot. "F-Fast, fast, fast!" With a guttural voice, she climbed down the ladder, skipping the last three steps and hopping onto the concrete floor.
"You can't be serious? First you car jack me, now you're wanting my life story?" Mason replied in a shocked tone, his head falling back into the seat with a baffled expression, giving a sigh before he answered, "I'm also a journalist... Well, that's a bit of a stretch. I write articles online for strange happenings. And by strange happenings, I take pictures of things that look mildly strange and make up a story behind it so I can make money to get by"

"Oh, so you're saying someone would at least believe me?" She joked, followed by a bit of laughing as she sat back on the couch as well her arms crossed as she looked over at her and continued, "Well, I'll keep it just between us and the few dozen people that saw us" another bit of laughter coming from her
Raven laughed as well, coughing up some of the smoke that her lungs inhaled after her puffs from the blunt, the brown twig between her lips sticking from the vent on the side of her mask. "Good point. But hey, at least ya made a lot of people jealous tonight." She grinned, though Sammy couldn't see it as she passed the smoke over to her. "So I gotta ask," she coughed out. "What madeja wanna come out to a rave dressed like that?" She asked, the amusement obvious in her voice.

~

"Oh?" Jackie leaned forward a little in her seat. "So do you author stories akin to those that people like to narrate on the web these days? I must say its surprising considering you're appearance and such. I'll assume that you've been using a bit of magic to sway your audience in your favor?"

~

"Okay, okay! I am!" Nicholas breathed heavily, glad for there to be concrete–something that the wet soles of his shoes couldn't possibly combat. A thought of falling again was almost just as dreaded as the creature chasing them.

Above them, the creature tried to cram its way through the doorway only to screech angrily upon not being able to do so. Its arms grasped at the sides of the doorway and chunks of the wall went flying as it started tearing its way through to get to them.

Even as they reached the parking lot Nicholas could hear the chattering teeth clacking together harder, and he nearly cursed when he imagined something in between those disgusting rotting teeth. "W-where do we go?!" He asked Yoon, nearly out of breath.
"No, just lying and trying to appeal to what they want to hear. And then hope that they stick around long enough to see the ads" Mason replied in a dry tone, "I don't think magic has anything to do with it." But even Mason couldn't help but wonder. After all, given what he's seen, it was clear that it was something otherworldly and inhuman.

Sammy took the rolled marijuana from Raven's grasp, taking a long drag from it, holding her breath before she let the smoke escape her lips with a light cough before she answered her, "You like it". She gave a light chuckle before continuing, "Honestly, if I knew I was gonna end up at a place like this, I would've changed into something flashier. But you just came then and there, and lured me in with your charisma or whatever, and I just didn't want to pass it up, thinking it would be fun... So far, I was right" She followed up with a giggle as she handed the blunt back to her
"U-U-Ummmm---" Yoon couldn't talk for a moment, for her throat was paralyzed from fear. She felt a little queasy, her legs wobbling against her will as her thoughts rumbled wildly. She didn't know how long they could run away from the creature, but she was glad that her brother was able to make it out to safety. "U--uuu----uhhhh left!" She exclaimed, already making her way through the parking lot to find her car while dragging Nicolas. Luckily she had her keys with her, however, she still looked back at him and said. "Y-Y-You have to use whatever magic thinga-majigyou pulled earlier a-again! Or else we're g-going to DIE!"

Beep Beep Yoon's car's lights flashed as it unlocked, and she quickly got inside.
over a year ago afewseconds said…
"Hmmm. That seems like quite a gamble, especially in this day and age. But I suppose with the rise of technology and a generation with their eyes glued to their screens it would be a fair one at the very least." Jackie leaned forward in her seat a little more to peer out the cracked and broken windshield and with a small twirl of her hand, she motioned for Mason to make a right onto a road that looked as if it hadn't been tended to for years. The sunken places and jutting chunks of concrete caused the van to tremble a little uncomfortably as it went across the bumpy road. "If we continue down this road it will guide us out to a side road that will take us to a old apartment complex. A location more remote that will have to do for now."

~

"Well I'm glad my charm and good looks was enough to bring ya by." Raven joked, not being able to help but to chuckle along with Sammy while the blunt was being passed back to her. "Most importantly though, you're havin' fun." She took another puff, the intoxicating smoke disappearing behind her mask. Small wisps managed to escape back out into the air though as she spoke. "So I take it that you're new in town huh? How do ya like it so far?"

~

While being pulled along to the left Nicholas didn't have enough time to register completely that the smell had gotten worse until his nostril holes started burning more than they had before. The stench caused him to cough and to a minor degree become lightheaded. His widened eyes darted around the parking lot, skimming over one of the vehicles that he had witnessed the creature pummel while it had been trying to get him prior to him making it into the apartment building. The roof of the standard soccer mom van had been mashed in so severely that the seats had been forced into an awkward bend. Another car, one that he had been trying to hide behind, that was a partially rusted grey had been knocked over onto its side completely, its windows shattered.

Yoon's words are what jerked his attention back towards her–well that and almost running into her car. He was already pulling at one of the handles before she even unlocked the door. "I-I can't right now! When I feel tired on the inside I can't! Can't you use it too?!" Once the door was unlocked, he threw himself inside and yanked the door close. "Drive drive DRIVE!!! GO!!"
"D-Do for now?!" Mason repeated as he tried to wrestle with the wheel for control once more, trying to slow down the van as they were going onto more bumpy roads before he continued, "What will do for now? You're not trying to put me into a place that is filled with some sketchy people, are you? Because I don't need anymore stress this evening"

Sammy gave a playful "hmm" as she thought before nodding, "Yeah, I'm having fun" She gave Raven a grin before she immediately came up with an answer to her question "I think the town sucks" Sammy joked at the thought of it, "I was hoping the place would be more lively than what I've seen for the passed few days. I grew up in a small town and wanted to see more of the world, but it's not that much different from Ohio. But hey, I met a few cool people. This one chick. Real quiet type, but she seems cool. The glasses make her look smart, so that's nice. Plus, this place has managed to liven my mood, so I'd say things are going pretty nice, even if the town has a drug problem". Sammy gave a dry chuckle, remembering her run in with that weird guy from before, but tried to push it out of her mind again
"What do you mean y-you cAN't?! Tired---YOU'RE TIRED?! NOW?!" Yoon shuddered as the engine roared. She checked her peripherals, panting roughly to herself. While doing so, she noticed how young the boy really was. Her eye twitched, mentally hitting herself for not sending him along with Sangeon. If the monster didn't kill her, his parents definitely would. But that's when his question processed through her mind. "H-Huh? No! I don't do that! I don't WANT to do that! I can'T! So YOU need to contact any magic-thinga-majic you have and use it before we DIE!!!"

Her body was too short to do a complete turn to watch behind her while backing out, but she realized there wasn't time to waste and instead just backed out blindly, accidentally hitting a cone on her way out. Her hands were stiff and tight on the wheel, swerving around the crashed and dented cars in order to exit the apartment parking lot.
"If I remember correctly you did say that you desired answers pertaining to why a oniikee tried to make you its supper didn't you? What would be a better opportunity than during our interrogation of the blasted thing." Jackline answered, opening her door and letting her legs dangle out the van while it was slowing down. "These sorts of things are rarely a quiet case which is why we're going to be conducting it here where we can go uninterrupted and get things done in a timely manner."

~

You think I'm cool? But as surprised as she was by this, Raven had a hard time believe this. Yet she couldn't help but to feel her confidence be lifted even if just a little. "C'mon, the town's not all that bad. Ya just haven't been around the right people yet. Who knows, maybe this uh...chick you mentioned will change your mind about the place." She coughed out her last few words, passing the dwindling blunt over to her.

~

"This is my first time using it so many times okay?!" Nicholas was still panting, yanking the seatbelt across himself and fumbling with the buckle briefly before finally pushing it into the awaiting slot. "Why did the stupid thing bring me to YOU if you can't do anything! You called it magic! How do you know its magic if you can't use it–whoa!" He yelped as the car swerved around the cars and was luckily kept in place thanks to the seatbelt.
"W-Wait, interrogate?" Mason replied with a bit of worry in his voice at the thought. Given what he had witnessed and heard from the brawl previously, he wasn't sure this was going to be a simple interrogation. The thought was enough to make him feel ill in his stomach before he replied, "Uuh... If you want, you can go on ahead. I'll wait here and keep the van running. You know, in case we need to get out of here and such". Mason followed this up with a nervous chuckle to lighten things

Sammy took hold of the blunt between her fingers, having an expression of thought on her mind before she shrugged, "Maybe your right. I do gotta meet her tomorrow, so I can't get too crazy with this place". Sammy took a drag on the blunt again, letting the smoke linger a bit in her lungs before releasing, this time no coughing from her mouth before she continued, "But still, that girl was quite the looker, I gotta admit. Not to shoot you down or anything, but she seemed like a sweet girl. I just hope my bad girl attitude doesn't rub off on her, you know?" Sammy gave a chuckle to Raven, before she handed her the blunt again, adding a phrase to it, "Of course, being a bad girl is probably fine for someone like you, huh hot stuff". It wasn't clear if Sammy was genuine or just trying to mess with Raven, but a clear grin and wink was followed after this
"I'm the older one here so I'm ordering you to use it!" She attempted in defending herself. "M-Must've been the wrong person it brought you to!" Yoon was practically hugging the steering wheel at this point with the amount of space she had to cut off in order to reach the pedals to press for maximum speed. She found herself now on the public street, immediately tensing in discomfort and fear since she wasn't used to driving this fast at all. Her thoughts immediately went to both her brother and her mother, hoping that he was able to get away and that she wouldn't be coming home anytime soon.
"Oh nonsense! If you remain here then what good would wanting answers be hm?" When the van stopped at last, she plucked the keys from the ignition and dangled them in front of Mason. "Besides, I can't you scurrying off early now can I? Especially without knowing whether or not more of our recent acquaintances are out and about." She gave him a pearly smile, just bordering on that of a smirk. "Well come along then, we haven't all night! I'm sure one of these empty buildings will do just fine."

As she exited the van, the supernatural force that held Mason in place loosened at first until it released him completely. Within seconds the backdoors were being opened for the unconscious creature to be dragged out and onto the ground without much mercy. The thick chain rattled while the Jackie pulled it behind her.

~

"I...guess you could say that," Raven answered awkwardly. The truth was that she had never really been interested in women. Well, not in that way anyways. Well, except for one time while younger but that had just been a dumb kiddy crush that would never have worked out. Despite all of that, the fact that Sammy really thought that she was a "looker" almost overshadowed her boost in ego. She retreated into her mind for a split second, noticing that their illegal substance was dwindling down to its end while she took the last pull. "Well whoever this chick is, ya might just be good company for her or whatever. Besides, you don't seem like too much of a bad chick."

~

"I can't just Shia LaBeouf it doesn't work like that okay!" Nicholas snapped at Yoon, holding on to the grab handle fearfully. He turned around in his seat some to look behind them and from there his expression began to change the moment they turned a corner. He turned back around quickly and slid down into his seat, a look of deep confusion on his face. He pulled his wide eyed gaze to his window and peered out at some of the cars that they passed. The empty, severely rusted and aged cars. The sidewalks were ancient looking and pushed apart in some places by spiny trees covered in some sort of dark, fluffy moss.

In the blink of an eye, the world that they knew had become one of erosion, the urban surroundings now an unfamiliar scene infectious spiky shrubs that looked like fleshy black balloons that breathed in and out. Here, the air was thinner and held pungent bitter and salty taste. The pale light from the night's moon grew eerie. The sounds of engines from fellow cars had long since become nothing but background noise.

Nicolas heard Yoon curse in her own language, shaking her head in confusion and panic as her eyes adjusted to the new scenery. "Th-This is not what I meant!!!" She shrieked, coming to the conclusion this was his magic she was telling him to use. Her cheek twitched when she heard the tires of her car screech some now driving through new terrain. Yoon swerved harshly, trying to avoid the spiky shrubs and the inky balloons. "Take us back! Take us to Jacksonville or Gainesville, an-anything but here!" She debated whether she should dim her lights to avoid attention, but without them she wouldn't be able to see any potential threats.
Mason did want answers. Hey wanted more that just answers. Hey wanted explanations, reasons, and some way out of this situation. However the last one didn't seem to be any closer. Mason had his hands clenched, still trying to catch his breath before finally speaking. "Why me... Of all people in the city, why is this happening to me?"

"I'll take that" Sammy replied with a snicker before she stood up from the couch, stretching her arms with a light moan before she brushed her hair, turning to Raven with a grin "Well, as fun as this party was, I should probably get going. Don't wanna stay up much too late before I meet up with her. I should sleep early for once"
"H-hey come on now," Raven found herself stammering out while getting to her feet quickly. "Ya leavin' already? You haven't even been here long enough for things to really get spicy! You can at least stay for a drink or two right?"

~

"Why?" Jackie giggled with a soft snort. "You're quite the joker aren't you? I suppose humor is needed for a place like this." She motioned Mason towards the smallest building that was the closest to them but upon approaching the doors she noticed that they had been locked and bound close by chain and lock, though it was far from something she couldn't handle. Within a few seconds, the chain popped and the lock fell to the ground before the doors were shoved open by a gust of magic.

~

No answer came from Nicholas this time, his attention long sense gone from Yoon while he stared out the window. And as it finally started to sink in, he mumbled something that couldn't be understood until he turned to Yoon, terrified. "Where is here?! Where are we–where did you take us?!"
"Hmmmmmmmmmmmm" Sammy crossed her arms and gave it some thought, a playful grin coming to her face, "Sounds like I got your attention. Hope I didn't surprise you too much". She gave a light snicker before she looked at her phone for the time, giving a little smirk before answering, "Well, it is only 10PM and I didn't plan on meeting her until the evening, so... I could have a drink. But this better get as spicy as you say it will be. Don't disappoint me now, okay" She gave a weak before she fell back onto the couch, inhaling deeply as she felt the marijuana finally settle in.

"I-I'm serious!" Mason shouted now, stepping out of the car and slamming the door shut as he continued, "Why am I getting attacked by some horrid monster, harassed by a woman taller than any dude I've ever met, being dragged to this creepy place against my will, and being told that I have to witness a live torture!? I'm just a guy that writes fake news stories online! Why am I getting all this pushed onto me!" This was the most Mason had yelled in a long time, and he didn't know how to feel. He felt himself panting a bit, out of breath, a bit of sweat falling down from his head as he stared her down from the opposite end of the walkway, refusing to take another step forward until he had answers. After all, he could've attempted to just run, but he knew she'd just stop him.
Me? Where did I take us? No, no no no no—Where did YOU take us?!” The bickering and accusations reminded her of the arguments she had with her little brother. She yelped when she felt the car hit something in the span of time she lifted to attention to accuse Nicolas. She continued swerving out of the way to avoid a those eerie black balloons. “Take us back, little boy! Enough with this p-prank!”
"Little?! I'm taller than you! A-and I'm not little, I'm fifteen!" Nicholas yelled at her, having to catch his breath after Yoon's frantic swerving across the decrepit asphalt. "Y-you're the one driving so you're the one who brought us here you squinter! It's your fault!"

Through their bickering, the daunting shriek of their pursuer rung through the air. However...another followed. And another. And another after that joined in.

~

Jackie stared Mason down from where she stood down the hall, her emerald green irises catching the moonlight from outside and almost giving them the appearance of illuminating. She was silent for a while, studying the man's face, her conclusion settling in. "..My god...you're serious? You seriously no nothing at all about anything pertaining to your current situation?"

But Mason didn't need to even answer this, for she could tell by his demeanor now and the sweat that beaded his face that he was serious.

"This...complicates things a bit more, I'm afraid." This concerned her now. Because if this man was really who they informed her of, then things had just shifted. Her brows furrowed together. "But if there's one thing for certain, you will want to be present for this. Close the door. I'll began immediately."

~

Upon being able to sway Sammy to stay a little longer, Raven was grinning behind her mask. "Oh trust me, I don't plan on disappointing. But 10 PM? Sheesh, sounds like someone has a bedtime." But she couldn't deny that fact that she was nervous now. What if she got bored? What if her performance wasn't good enough to make her stay this time around? And with the anxious thoughts pasting to the front of her mind, she decided that she was going to have to crank things up a few notches.

There was something else that bothered her, however. A feeling that was like when you held your hand over a hot burner and felt the heat, and therefore knew not to touch it to avoid the danger of being burned. It was an instinctual feeling that made her feel as if she was in danger. But when she looked at Sammy she thought, What could go wrong at a time like this? Get out of your head Roux! "I'm gonna go grab us a drink. Anything in specific on ya mind?"
Mason couldn't help but give a flabbergasted response, a response that mostly consisted of barely finishing his words and placing his hand on his forehead at her answer, "Y-Yeah, okay, sure, I'll just come in!" He said with a finally finishing sentence as he walked over, a dozen more responses coming from his lips in a second. Clearly, Mason was mentally checked out and had no better judgement, as he walked in, shut the door and turned around, "Sure, I can lock myself in a room with a freakazoid and some long legged lady. Why the hell not? I didn't wanna sleep or live tonight anyway!" His words seemed to be directed at no one, only being said for the sake of being said.

Sammy stared at Raven with a grin as she had retreated to her thoughts. Her head turned a bit in confusion when Raven didn't seem to say anything and was more than ready to joke about it before Raven opened her mouth about drinks. Sammy giggled, deciding to let her silence pass before she simply responded, "You're pretty funny, you know? Well, if you have anything with some kick and flavor, I'll take that"
Yoon faintly blushes, scoffing at the absurdity she heard from the boy. “You ARE little! FIFTEEN IS LITTLE!” She corrected with furrowed browns. “S-Squinter?!” She repeated in shock before swerving to the right harshly on purpose so that he would hit himself against the window. “Take that you racist little punk—“ But then her eyes widened when she heard the daunting shriek followed by many more. The pits of her stomach bubbled, trying to hold back the nausea she always felt during nervous times. Yoon wasn’t sure what to do next, but she acted unexpectedly: beeping her horn repeatedly so that it would be heard as some type of call for help.
"OoF!" Nicholas's cheek had smacked into the window after the car so suddenly swerved to the right. Rubbing the side of his face, he glared at Yoon.
He was in the middle of throwing more insults at her when she started beeping the horn. "Are you trying to get us killed! What are you doing?!" He exclaimed. "Are you stupid or something Squinter or have you not seen like any monster movies! You're Chinese, you SHOULD HAVE NETFLIX!" He cried childishly.

But from the edges of the dim and murky world, they pursued. Their extra appendages and callous eroded, bony fingers tips allowed them to scale across the sides of buildings unlike anything should have been able to. Sections of their torso twisted in a sporadic spin.

~

"I'm sure my legs are a sight to behold, but if it helps contain your manly instincts you'll be happy to know that I'll be in this form more often. I'm a reporter after all. Not that their isn't enough above the waist, of course." Jackie said casually. And then she added just to mess with him, "And by the way you're reacting, it sounds like you very well wanted to live. I could always let it wake up untied if you'd like." Raising her arm, her words reverberating in whispers. "Luminesce." Light crackled into her hand and a soft orange shine was cast across the walls around them. Taking the form of an orb, the light floated to the ceiling.

The space was an empty one as expected, the floors crusted with dirt and the left behind rats that were scurrying from the unexpected intruders. Cobwebs thick with dust decorated the corners around them.

With the unconscious creature now in the center of the room Jackie prepared to begin. She glanced over at Mason. "Now then. Are you ready to give our lovely friend here a rude awakening?"

~

"Gotcha, one if-you-have-anything-with-kick-and-flavor' coming right up." Raven laughed a little while getting to her feet. "And hey..uh..you're pretty cool yourself. Anyways, be riight back. Sit tight, kay?" And with that, she was on her way off to the room's bar.
Sammy couldn't help but find herself laughing at the pretty lame joke. She normally had to force herself to laugh when Mason made bad jokes and apologized for them after, but when Raven did it, it brought a little chuckle from her. She leaned back against the couch, her arms crossed and her mood settling in from the weed, finally starting to feel the effects take in

Mason rolled his eyes at each of her comments, doing her best to ignore her remarks about her body and such, yet his eyes were forced to move back to the strange glowing object that floated above their heads when it appeared. And at her next request, Mason looked over at her and responded, "You don't really expect me to start doing stuff now, do you? You kidnap me, now you want me to start torturing things? Why don't you do it"
"Ch-Chinese?!" Yoon exclaimed as she widened her eyes. She felt her blood beginning to boil, wondering if she could just kick him out of the car right then and there. "For your information, I'm Korean–and IM THE ONE DRIVING, SO SHUT IT BEFORE I OPEN YOUR DOOR! Now, GIVE ME YOUR PHONE!" She insisted, reaching one hand to where she assumed his phone could be since a plan had occurred to her. And when she finally found it, she began recording the honking. Once she felt like it was enough, she stopped beeping and lowered the windows momentarily to launch the phone playing the audio on repeat. Dimming her lights and closing the window, she continued onward–cursing under her breath in Korean about the kid next to her. She wasn't even phased that she threw his phone out either. In fact, he deserved it.
"WHAT THE HECK!!" Nicholas had no choice but to watch the phone that he had only had for a month and a half fly out the window, turning around in his seat to watch the device smack–cringing every time he could physically see it doing so– against the blackened concrete in ways that he knew that it wouldn't recover. All of the games he kept himself occupied with, all of the music that he had spent weeks downloading were gone. And though that brought his own anger to a simmer, it was what he had truly cherished within the phone that caused him to whip back around in his seat, louring at her. "What IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" He shouted, the creatures chasing them slipping his mind in the moment as his face became reddened with anger. "My mom gave me that phone you chingy eyed JERK!!"

~

"One, it wasn't kidnapping. After all, you're far from a child. Two, I saved your life so the least you could do is not be completely useless," Jackie poked at him. "But of course with having knowledge of you having knowledge of...well little to nothing in terms of recent events, I will surely be the one taking care of interrogation, not torture. As the late Queen Enrinora of Euk once quoted, 'There's always more than one way to break a bone.' Oh but you wouldn't have any knowledge of that anyhow." The air around her figure as well as the glow within the room started to curl towards her while she was speaking to Mason. "Release."

Right before Mason's eyes, Jackie began to change. A radiant green light hugged her skin and covered her body from sight, leaving only a body covered an energy. And then the body began to grow, her legs elongating and raising its height until it was once again nearly a foot above Mason's. The green light then dispersed, leaving the longlegged woman in its wake.

Jackie's hand rested on her hip momentarily, her lips going into a pucker to lightly blow away traces of lingering magic. But before she would continue forward, she removed her large hat and flipped it upside down and sticking her hand down inside of it for only a second or two until a small vial of bubbling teal liquid was lifted out of it. She turned to Mason and gave him a nod of reassurance to let him know that she would have things under control. And then she proceeded to drive the leg of her heel into area just above where she had severed the creature's leg.

The oniikee unleashed a shrill cry of anguish–cries that would soon be drowned in the teal liquid. It would thrash in attempt to rid itself of the chains that bound its body, but to no avail.

The read head would then speak to the distressed man. "Prepare yourself, Speaker. Life as you perceive it is going to...shift a bit."

~

Raven felt proud of herself while strutting up to the bar counter. She didn't know why–aside from the effects of such good weed of course, but she felt happy. It was an odd sort of happiness, like a connected feeling. She knew that she would have plenty things to regret in the morning, but she was just enjoying herself too much. Enjoying the atmosphere. Enjoying her. She blushed hard in embarrassment. Jeez, it ain't like you never had friends before. "Hey Saul," she greeted the blonde(dyed) man behind the corner who stood with his sleeves rolled up and in a lean against the counter.

"Hey. Looks like you've been havin' fun." Saul was a man of average height, one would guess on sight in his late 20s or so with a youth appeal. He wasn't as decorated with lights or paint like everyone else was, but he contributed with a cap that had the club's name in neon colors and a necklace of mini glow sticks. The sleeves to his shirt were cuffed and rolled up to his elbow, the ink of a hidden tattoo poking out slightly.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. I do love my job, ya know."

"Hell I bet. Not everyone can make a crowd of people go nutz as hard as you can."

Raven paused for a moment to fully appreciate the compliment. "Awww, thanks dude. I don't think this place would be this lit withoutcha here either."

"Eh, plenty of bartenders around am I right," Saul laughed a bit. "What're ya taking?"

Raven looked over to where she had left Sammy before turning back to Saul. "Uh–what's somethin' thats good for when you're having a good time with someone?"

Saul smirked. "Aaah, still a lightweight?"

Raven rolled her eyes. "It's nature's only for me my guy."

"Alcohol's natural too ya know that right?"

"Yeah? Well tell that to a drunks' liver in a couple of years."

"Moderation's the key."

"Saul. Liquor. Me. Need. Pronto. Capeesh?"

"Alright alright," Saul ended up laughing again. "So 'somethin' for when you're having a good time with someone' huh?" He said almost sarcastically.

"A-and flavorful!"

"And flavorful, right. So how about Fireball Cinnamon Whisky? Old and Canadian, spicy on the buds."

"Nah, she doesn't seem like a cinnamon type of person go me," Raven said a bit absentmindedly. "Pass. Next."

"She doesn't seem like the type of person to like cinnamon? What the hell is that based off of?"

"Gut feeling. C'mon, next."

"Got some Raspberry Stolichnaya in fresh today. Smooth and hits well with the finger foods. There's also Patron Silver."

"The Raspberry St..Stoclaichawhatchamacallit sounds cool."

"Stolichnaya, Roux, Stolichnaya." But with her raising her mask some just to stick her tongue out at him, he rolled his eyes and waved her off dismissively. "Two Raspberry Stolichnaya comin' right up."