The Worst Generation [The Worst Generation: Hippies, Life, Rave and...Magic?!]

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19PM
rave
/rav/
verb
1. talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
2. speak or write about someone or something with great enthusiasm or admiration.

Hippy
hip·pie
/ˈhipē/
noun
(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

life
/līf/
noun
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
3. a particular type or aspect of people's existence
4. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
5. vitality, vigor, or energy.
6. (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

Magic
mag·ic
/ˈmajik/
noun
1. the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
2. mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
3. a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
4. something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
mag·ic
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***

~Plot Stuff~
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, there existed an otherworldly arcane essence that existed by the name of Magic/Magick. This essence was a variety of things. Lush and in great abundance, full of life and a energy that science had become a pale reflection of in the years that followed. However, it was also an essence that harbored a wicked face as well, bound to attract misfortune and death to all who were able to understand and or obtain it if not tamed properly. The secrets of this essence falling into the wrong hands would bring nothing but catastrophe.

And catastrophe it brought, those hundreds a years ago. One that thrust magic into an era in which it had began to fade and a new form of energy created at the hands of man became the new. The world in which magic had come from became a myth, magic itself became a myth as time progressed and left it to fade and never be seen again.

Or perhaps....what isn't seen isn't truly gone. And perhaps...the world thought to be myth is much more than just so. But what is certain is that what has lurked in the veils of shadows within the darkness, behind illusions of people, places and things. Forces that had managed to slip into the ages of the new world. Those of good. Those of evil and malice. Those of...magic. And perhaps...hope. But...will the newest of generations derived from those hundreds of years be able to face what comes?

And so we fly ahead in time to the present, where villages have become cities of tall structures, and dreams of flight have become a reality.

~TWG Terminology and Lore~

link
link
link
link

~Characters~

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
-
link
Sangeon Park
link
link
-
link
link
link
link
last edited on Mar 11, 2020 at 02:27PM

The Worst Generation 9440 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1001-1050 of 9440

over a year ago afewseconds said…
"She would gather information on the monster in question and devise a suitable arsenal designed to combat it. And then she would locate it by whatever means that are needed and with the grace of a butterfly yet the fierceness of a hunting lioness, kill it herself." This was Abel's answer, straightforward and to the point. And from the way he spoke, it was an honest answer as well.

~

Jackie had no time to actually respond to the older woman, feeling a bit of guilt from the three years that she hadn't visited. However, she had seen it as something that was best for them both after the incident that occurred. However at Sammy's comments, she hid her glare behind a forced smile and thought how entertaining it would be if she suddenly..."slipped". Right down a plight of stairs, she thought to herself distastefully as she closed the door.

While they were in the living room, Jackie's grandmother went about mumbling to herself about the cat as she went over to one of the shelves to push a couple of the books there back in place. For some of the ones that were higher up, being that the shelf itself reached the ceiling, she used the broom handle. And then she turned to Mason and Sammy. "What? Something wrong with your collective arses? Legs can't find the couch? Sit." She motioned them towards the caramel colored camel-back sofas that were positioned around a heavy looking coffee table. And once they were settled in the plush cushions of the sofas, she went on to ask, "Coffee or tea? And I swear to gods if either of you reply with neither you'll be out on your faces with my footprint digging into your assholes."

Jackie arrived into the living room and, having gone by what her grandmother had asked, was now as tall as she was when she had rescued Mason. "A cup of tea for me, please."

"Do I look like a maid to you? What, you think that just because you haven't visited in THREE YEARS you're a guest now? Make yer own!" The grandmother snapped at her bitterly, putting extra emphasis on the time frame.

"Grandmother–" Jackie groaned.

But the older woman had already turned her attention back to Mason and Sammy, repeating what she had said earlier. "Coffee or tea?"
over a year ago cosmic_fusions said…
Yoon blinked, waiting for the man in front of her to laugh or add a 'just kidding' at the end. Her head tilted and she looked around momentarily before shifting her attention back at him. "W-Was that... a joke?" She said with genuine curiosity. "Kill it, with what? A chopstick?" She added her own joke with a soft chuckle to lighten her mood. But then she thought about the situation. "Be honest, did my mom hire you or something to check on me? I know she's a little overprotective and all but..." She wasn't quite sure how to finish her statement.
"As I said before, I'm just arriving from my assigned place in Busan to survey and oversee the containment of the situation here. That, and another task. But to be clear, your mother wouldn't have to hire me for me to protect you." Abel turned away from the window and his gazed centered on Yoon once again. "I'd do so out of my respect for her alone as well as my aforementioned duties."
"Busan?" Her head perked in interest. "You've been to Busan?" Yoon's eyes squinted now in curiosity. But she looked away once his attention was centered on her since she hated eye contact sometimes. "And you... came all the way here?" The situation must've been worse than she thought if he had to travel this far. "So do you know Korean? Is that where you met my mother?"
Abel gave nods to the first of Yoon's questions until she asked the last two. "예. 나는 충분한 한국어를 알고 있습니다. 과제를보다 효율적으로 완료하기 위해 배워야했던 것은 많은 것 중 하나입니다." He answered the question of if he spoke her native tongue in flawless Korean, and then continued to answer the second in English. "It's not where we met in particular, no. That would be Songdo-dong. But it is in fact where I completed my first hunt under her supervision. It also would be the same city that she bought my first meal from your culture–bibimbap with a side of galbi. Since then it has been within my choice of enjoyable meals."
last edited over a year ago
cosmic_fusions commented…
don't make me translate under the influence xD over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
The first parts just a yes plus extra XD over a year ago
Windwakerguy430 commented…
Uh oh, Jades doing the drugs XD over a year ago
Yoon was amazed by Abel's flawless Korean, enough to the point where she actually made eye contact with him while hearing him speak. And then her eyes seemed to sparkle when she heard him talk about one of her favorite meals, surprised he didn't confuse it with sushi. "Y-Yeah... Galbi is really good..." She agreed, astounded that she actually put in the effort to contribute to the conversation. "It's... pretty cool that you lived in Korea... and well... adapted well by the looks of it... I can see why my mom would like you, she likes any non-korean who can speak Korean." She thought back to Yasha momentarily with a frown.
"Korea is a beautiful place that I'm humbled to be able to have called home. In fact, I still live there. The time I'm able to stay, however, is disappointing if only just a little." Abel allowed a small sigh to escape him as he found himself thinking briefly about what little time he had to actually remain home nowadays. "But I could say the same for yourself and how you've adapted to the United States. I've heard many times over of how much trouble it is to learn the English language in general let alone speak it so clearly. I must say that I'm impressed."
"Thanks, I-I kind of grew up here, s-so yeah...." She responded, clearly not having any social abilities to add more to the conversation when it came to explaining her side of the story. Yoon looked away when he sighed, knowing what it felt like to be homesick sometimes. "W-Why did you um... move to Korea?" She asked while pinching her fingers inside her hoodie.
over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Mason was taken a bit by surprise at the woman's use of language. He always thought that the elderly were meant to be more kind and sweet, and this woman felt... not that. Not that he would dare tell anyone that, this was a feeling he was more than ready to keep to himself to the very end. But his attention was brought back to the conversation when the older woman told them to sit down, wasting no time and sitting on the couch, his body still straight, and once again when she asked him what he wanted, clearing his throat a bit nervously before he answered, "Uh, t-tea, ma'am"
"Back when the organization was still at a fresh start, things were much different then in comparison to now." Abel was silent for a moment, turning back to the window as he answered. "I didn't have a say in the matter. It was mostly due to circumstances that I nor the organization could have ever foreseen. And so upon an offer to join them, I decided to stay and learn what they had to offer. It would be close to a lie for me to say that I regretted doing so."

~

"Tea?" The "elderly" woman's left brow rose at Mason's answer, and from there she eyed him closely for a moment. But a small almost knowing smirk came to her face afterwards, though it disappeared when her attention shifted to Sammy. "And what of you? Hard of hearing? I've got things in my oven and if they burn because of a slow answer I'm throwing you into the pan with them. Meaning, hurry your tail. I may be old but I ain't got all night or day."
Sammy gave a slight shrug at her response, taking her supposed threat rather lightly before she answered with a casual tone, "Tea". Mason turned his attention to Sammy, his mouth opening as if to say something to her, most likely to complain about her lack of respect but didn't say a word, his attention just turning back to the older woman
"O-Organization?" Yoon's head tilted. "What's a little boy joining an organization even doing..." She questioned with high suspicion. "I can't picture a kid hunting a bird..." She assumed from what he meant from hunting. "Pretty sure Korea banned hunting too." Yoon tapped her foot against the bed in thought. "So you're some sort of animal hunting organization... undercover from Korean authorities?" She assumed.
The elder woman just stared at Sammy with no particular expression on her face as she took note of her clothing. It was almost if she was inspecting her from the to the bottom and even places that couldn't be seen. Her piercing emerald gaze was as if it would make the young woman want to sit up straighter and mind where she currently was. Yet her words to her were strange. "So you're one of those types hm? I can't say I'm surprised." And with that, she turned to the right and continued across the living room and into the kitchen.

~

A dry chuckle was brought from Abel, from how far off Yoon was from with her misinterpretation of what he meant by hunting. "No, not at all. Though I suppose you could say that we do work hand in hand with the higher authorities there in secrecy when need be. The things we are tasked to hunt are the things that the average person wouldn't fathom. Things that average policeman or even armies have any feasible defenses against. Abnormalities that would shatter an individual's psyche by existing alone. That, is what I hunt."
why is everyone hating sammy xD over a year ago
YOU DESTROYED MY CAR over a year ago
It was a stolen car anyway, Jade XD over a year ago
It was only after this response did Sammy finally break her composure and react, looking back at Mason and Jackie with, what she could only take as a possible insult, yet she wasn't sure. She looked back at the two and repeated, "One of those girls? What the hell does that mean?" Mason, however, didn't dare answer the question, and he looked over at Jackie with this stare as if silently begging not to answer her either, just to let Sammy think of it herself rather than confirm it to her, and just turned back, waiting for his tea
Yoon blushed at Abel's chuckle, mostly because she didn't know if she was being laughed at or if it was something esle. "Sh-Shatter an individual's psyche?" Her head tilted. "Ohhh, so you h-hunt like extinc––"

The door of the hospital room suddenly bursted open, followed by familiar mumbles of a Korean woman cursing at the receptionist for making her fill out a bunch of paperwork in English. "YOONIE!" Ms. Park sighed of relief when she saw she was well and bandaged. However, that didn't change her concern regarding her entire well-being. But then her eyes widened some when she recognized the man by the window, clearly noting he wasn't the doctor.

"Abel pie!~" She gasped. When she had first met him, she thought his name was 'apple'. Or at least, that's how she attempted to pronounce his name with her heavy accent. And that's where the origin of his nickname came from. One because of her pronunciation, and two because she thought he was as sweet as apple pie. She was happy to know that it was actually him that called and was present, and that it wasn't just a call orchestrated for her to attend a meet up with other unknown or disliked agents. To Yoon's surprise, Kyung-ha rushed towards him first, setting down the carton beverage holder that cupped three drinks by the bed stand. The woman had changed into some grey khakis and a white blouse with flats. She looked up to him now in amazement, pinching his cheeks and forcing him to squat down so she could kiss his forehead. Her once flawless smooth skin now held very small wrinkles and discoloring under her eyes from countless work hours. "Oooooh, why you tree now?" She asked with some added 'wows' and 'ahhhs' while observing him. "So handsome and skin very clear!" The mother went from pinching to cupping his cheeks. "Suit nice, but next time color tie!" She commented. And then she embraced him in an unexpected motherly hug.
Jackie ended up giving a shrug herself as she watched her grandmother off to the kitchen. "I wonder who took a bathroom break in your porridge," She muttered, though the answer to that was already pretty clear now.

The sweet smell that had been hinted at while they were outside was more present now that they were actually in the house. The scent was that of pastries, yet it couldn't be labeled with a specific one.

~

When the door had burst open, Abel's initial reaction, though subtle, was reaching for the weapon that was hidden away within his suit. Upon seeing the face that had been absent from his life for a decade, he instinctively stiffened further into a more formal posture. But for him, it was odd–offsetting to see Kyung-ha in such a everyday attire or just to see her again in general.

But just hearing the nickname that he had been given so long ago was enough to make the man almost forget how long it had truly been. His memories took him back in time to when he was finally being accepted into the organization as a official member and how from the second row, out of everyone there, she clapped the hardest. She was who gave him the most sincerest congratulation he had ever gotten in his life at that point. She taught him everything he knew after the basics, guided him in honing technique and skills. The only person that put him on his ass when he needed to be straightened. And after she left, he only continued to improve. Yet it was as if he could no longer see the hunter or Commander from those years ago and instead saw a different woman. A mother. A tired mother who had been called in the wee hours of the night and early morning.

And despite even that, Abel could still recognize her as the woman that he had come to admire years prior to now and returned her embrace, chuckling at her comment towards his tie and how it mirrored what she had told him when he had gotten his first suit. Black tie mean serious! Colorful make you look like clown!, he remembered her saying. "Thank you, Kyung. I'll keep that in mind for the future. It's pleasant to see you again after such a stretch of time. You're still as young as ever."
Mason remained still, before he looked over to Jackie with a response and asked, "Your grandmother is quite the.... no-nonsense type of person, is she?" He put it in the least offensive but most honest words he could think up.
Of course, Sammy responded with her own thoughts, "A bit of on the short tempered side too, huh?" Once again, Mason was ready to apologize on Sammy's behalf, yet his just closed his mouth with an annoyed sigh rather than try to explain the situation to her yet again
"Oooooaaa, nice words too!" Kyung-ha added with a slight blush. Yoon was surprised to see a man her age address her mother so informally, especially with him living in Korea. But what surprised her the most was her mother allowing it. She herself wasn't even allowed to address her by her name. Yoon was expecting a hug from her mom as well, but blinked awkwardly when she just continued talking to Abel. Kyung-ha patted at Abel's stomach and squeezed the little excess flesh. "Oooh, you lose so much weight! You no more chubby with all gimbap you stuff in mouth!" The woman recalled, even though it was mostly her doing the spoiling of food. Her fingers inched up to his lips so she could see his smile, then proceeded to inspect his ears. "Mhmm, yes yes, clean and tidy!" She even parted his hair to detect any dandruff. "Good good, you keep well and you keep handsome." The woman smiled at him with great pride. But then her eyes widened in realization of what she had brought. "I no have time for gifts but I bring treats!" Kyung-ha suddenly exclaimed while fetching the drinks she had stopped by and gotten for them. She first handed Abel his disposable cup of a warm chai latte. "Milk of Almond good for you!" She reminded him with a boop of his nose. However, when it came to handing Yoon her drink, her mother did it with a scowl. Unlike Abel's drink, Yoon's was a Chai frappuccino with added sugar and drizzled caramel. And a few ingredients she herself added to help her healing process in ways medicine alone couldn't. Even though she was mad at her daughter for lying, she wasn't going to deny her sweet tooth in times where she was injured. That, and also it was the only way to get her to drink some kind of tea considering it was like a dessert to her. Kyung-ha sighed and stroked Yoon's cheek gently before placing a kiss on her forehead. "You no scare me anymore, oke?"

Yoon smiled at her mother apologetically and thanked her. She knew her mom was mad at her, and she couldn't quite find the right words to apologize and explain what had happened. But her attention quickly shifted when she realized her mother had gotten her favorite drink for Nicholas: a slushie. "Mom can I--"

"Naah--아니!" Kyung-ha thumped Yoon on her forehead when she attempted to switch her drink with Nicholas's. The slurpee was a mixture of cherry and blueberry, and she had also added some healing supplements within it. "You lie and you get rot teeth, you have chai––healthy for you, I generous enough to make it frappuccino!" She scolded her. "Hmmm, where is little boy?" Kyung-ha asked Abel instead.
Abel thanked Kyung-ha for the beverage with a respectful bow, which only reinforced just how much respect he held towards her. And once again with such motherly care that he received from her, he found himself standing at the beginning of memory lane. But before he could get too far down the road, Kyung-ha reeled his attention back in when she asked about Nicholas. "Oh yes, the child. He's occupying the last room on the right as soon as you make the left from this room. Would you like me to accompany you?."

~

Before Jackie could reply, her grandmother was already walking in to answer for herself with a hot metal pan of cinnamon rolls and cinnamon buns and tea mugs held in her bare hands. "You're damn right I am Nancy. A short temper towards horse shit. Apparently it didn't exist in the family until I changed that. I don't tolerate bullshit from the cows and I damn sure won't tolerate it from anything else. But trust and believe that you ain't seen short tempered. I'll be generous and add that you wouldn't like what you see if you did." She settled everything down onto the table and made her way to her armchair that looked like it was the very definition of plush. "Jackline, you may start with introductions."

Jackie, who was just returning from the kitchen from having to pour her own cup of tea, raised her brows right before her lips were about to hit the mug. "What? Me?"

"They're guests that you brought are they not?" The grandmother replied.

Jackie scoffed, looking at Mason and Sammy before groaning. "Grandmother, this is Mason and Samantha. Mason and Samantha, this is my grand–"

"Names," The grandmother interrupted.

Jackie squinted at the woman in dismay. "Mason, Samantha. This is my grandmother. Carlyle Qua–"

"Constantine, now." The grandmother corrected before she could even finish. "There's definitely a ring still lying around here somewhere."

"Aha! And what was that just moments ago about hOnOrInG our ancestors?" Jackie tried to point out.

"You've learned how to pay attention? Good for you." The grandmother replied dismissively, this time bringing a small glare from her granddaughter that made her sigh. "Fine, if it'll unbunch those knickers." She looked at Mason and then to Sammy and then on the both of them. "Now, I'm sure that you all have many questions, understandably. I am Carlyle Constantine Quartz. Or "Qwardy", gods bless my daughter and her antics. I'd say that its a pleasure to meet the both of you, but at this time of day I'd be lying to a choir." But then she smiled, resting her hands onto her lap. A hint of softness could be heard in her voice when she spoke again. "Regardless of that, I'm here to assist you with your fortunate misfortunes."

(Witch of a Lost World, Carlyle Constantine/Quartz)
Abel thanked Kyung-ha for the beverage with a respectful bow, which only reinforced just how much res
Oh, I bet Jade is over the moon with that name XD over a year ago
Mason looked back and forth as Jackie and Carlyle bickered for a bit, but once her attention was on him and Sammy, he made sure to nod, "Yes, we do, ma'am. And thank you for the tea" He said with a nod, making sure to take it with both hands and take a sip, rather enjoying the unsweetened taste of it.
"Yo" Sammy said casually as she picked the tea up with one hand and took a sip, doing her best not to gag, at least for Mason's sake, before setting the cup down after Mason had a much larger sip to clear his dry throat. After setting the cup down, Mason put his hands on his lap, balled up in a sign of rather discomfort before he asked, "So, what can you tell us about... well, this magic business, ma'am. About how I can learn from it to help myself and others from getting hurt by these monsters, I mean. It's just... a lot to take in in the span of a single hour"
afewseconds commented…
That's why you had like 4 to 5 Mason XD over a year ago
I'm excluding the fight that included nothing but listening to music XD over a year ago
And hey, you'd repeat yourself too if you had a freak beast staring at you XD over a year ago
"And there's a lot that I can tell you about this "magic business" in the span of an hour. Does that mean that what I may tell you about it will be all that useful? Especially when the individuals that I'm speaking to know little to jack-shit-hell about it." Carlyle took her own cup of tea and sipped from it softly. "Everything can't simply be explained, especially when it comes to art of magic. Now, I believe the question you were looking to ask was what can I do to help you. Now in that regard, there are many things that are in my realm of possibilities. It's now about what you ask, but how you ask it. But I cannot and will not help someone who doesn't want to help themselves. Do I make myself clear?"
"예!" Kyung-ha agreed with a nod and a smile after she had returned the bow. "Hopefully he like cherry. And blueberry." She carried his drink with her and was already making her way out with Abel down the halls to the designated room. "Hmmm~ You no call for long time! Forget me so soon. But, how are you? No more bullies?" Bullies, as in people that would tease Abel back in his childhood that she assumed were still present. After all, her own daughter had also mentioned their presence in her high school so she assumed it was the same for Abel. "I scare them again with halberd!" She suggested in case they still were messing with him.

Meanwhile, Yoon sat there in the bed, puzzled. She blinked. That's it? She thought to herself, a little hurt that her mother didn't even care to ask if she was okay. In fact, she seemed happier to see Abel than her. Similarly to every time Yasha visited. She frowned. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! She wanted to flail her arms but knew it would hurt to do so. The woman had barely gotten out alive from a different dimension with demons after her, and she now had a wand with the ability to blow someone's head off. Not to mention her arms were beyond fixable and some part of her face was probably cracked when she was punched. Yoon muttered some, sipping on her chai tea, a little more saddened than she was previously.
"Yes, I do believe so ma'am". Mason, of course, was not sure about her, at least at first glance. If this was yesterday, or even a few hours ago, he would've found this woman a crazed old woman living in the middle of nowhere like a hermit, but after today, he didn't know what to believe anymore. He gave a nod to her in understanding, feeling a slight bit more confident about it, if only slightly, before he asked, "I'll do what I need to to learn anything that can help us"
"Yeah, Mason may not have the most self-confidence, but he's pretty damn determined, lady" Sammy said, moving the tea around in her cup, more hesitant to drink it now but managed to at list lift it to her lips and force herself to take another sip with a very hesitant swallow, giving a sigh like she just drank pure whisky before following it up, "He just needs that motivation in him, get a fire lit in his heart or soul or something fancy like that, ya know?"
Abel chuckled. "I'm afraid not. Most if not nearly all I haven't seen since I was transported to Korea, save for one or two that happened to be studying abroad. One had taken a turn for the worst and overdosed on medications, while the other is doing quite well. He's a decent enough fellow that I hardly recognized him, let alone who he had been." And with what he had learned while he was in the order, he doubted that he would have had to ever worry about bullies again if he had went back to school within the states. "Anyhow, I've been wanting to get in contact with you, but you've been just as evasive as ever. I didn't expect you to answer your phone, so you could imagine the relief when you did so. But enough about me, how have you yourself been these passed years? Has life in the states been treating you well?"

~

"What he needs is a proper experience with something other than that which seeks to tear his head from his shoulders and use it as a whisky mug," Carlyle took another sip from her tea. "Another thing he needs is direction," she then spoke to Mason more directly, looking him in the eyes. Her eyes were like emerald blades that were searching for an opportunity to behead without hesitation. "Because from where you sit now I see none at all. Just a ball of middle aged energy curled inside a shell that refuses to allow it freedom. I see doubt. Self doubt and doubt towards a life that you weren't too sure of. Or rather one that you had just began to accept as fate until it recently was flipped over onto its neck. However...the potential I see is grand. Like a calm before the storm. And your essence is indeed familiar to me."

"Familiar? What do you mean?" Jackie asked, now even more intrigued. "As in you sensed it before?"

"Not just merely that. It's been a long time, but this essence is one I've felt before." The woman then grinned some. "It's restless in my presence. And it seems that fate has brought us together on this dusty night, for that essence is familiar with me as well."
Mason was confused now, hearing about this supposed feeling she had once before. Was it like a meeting or something. Mason had no memory of these two ever meeting. Mason would remember from her crazy hair style to her personality, but he didn't want to push it. He just gave a nod of his head and responded to Carlyle, setting his tea back down onto the table after finishing it, "If I need experience, I'll take it. If I need training, I'll do it. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get over this and protect what needs protecting, ma'am."
Kyung-ha dismissed his accusation of her being evasive with a scoff and a wave of her hand. "I no evasive, I just blend in now." She corrected him. And clearly by the way she dressed and overall appearance, she seemed harmless and incapable of inflicting damage to the blind eye. Kyung-ha thought about her next few questions. "People racist, walk inside home with dirty shoes, eat fake crab meat sushi, and never care for cuticles." She summarized the United States in her experience. However, she gave him a small smile at the end of her explanation. "I have old boring life, I want hear more about you. You grow into a handsome young man."
"Your mouth speaks differently than the inside." The woman went to sip from her tea, only to curse this time when it was hotter than expected. Looking at the man across from her, she could see only ignorance. It was to be expected. "You say that you're willing–willing to do whatever it takes eh? Then if your hand was to be forced, would you kill the young lady beside you for the world? Are you willing to watch that in which is your world, your friends and family be possibly torched in a fire of things to be sacrificed for a good much greater? Would you be ready to trudge through the thick blanket of darkness destined to overcome worlds as a beacon of light for those who will become lost within it?" She set aside her tea, resting it gently onto the awaiting holder on the table. "You speak to me from a brain that has yet to truly grasp the concept of what its experiencing, let alone accept it. You've yet to even connect with that in which is on the inside."

"So does this imply that you'd possibly be able to bring what's within him out of latency and to the surface?" Jackie spoke up with a question.

"Of course I can," Mrs. Constantine answered. "The problem may lie in if he'll be as thickheaded as his earlier ancestors. I don't doubt that that amount of stubbornness wouldn't stretch for generations. Gods knows yours certainly did."

~

"So I've been told," Abel replied with a chuckle at her last few words. "There hasn't been much of anything of interest pertaining to myself that I would think will make for a well enough conversation between two reuniting comrades."

However with ten years between the last time they had been in the same place let alone the same country along with the fact that Abel was barely the same person. His smiles were no longer the ones that Kyung-ha would have in memory. His once vibrant eyes were colder and melancholy, the eyes of a man that had seen and experienced many things after their separation.
Kyung-ha expanded a very small, pitiful smile at the young man besides her. "I know this job drain people, but I sad to see it drain you so soon." She paused in her steps and turned to him. Her weary eyes looked up at Abel before she gently stroked his cheek and kissed his forehead before continuing their walk. "I too know that I telled you to be serious and no jokes or laughs or smiles, but now that I mother I realize those are very necessary..."
At the sudden mention of his family, Sammy sat up, suddenly getting more serious than she normally would "Hey, that shits not funny lady. You don't know anything about his family so-"
"Sammy!" Mason said sternly to quiet her, setting his team down. The last thing he wanted to think about was the past with his family and Sammy defending him just stung more. Despite it, he spoke up calmly "It's okay. She doesn't know" he inhaled before speaking to Constantine "Call it stubborn but I plan on helping people, without having to sacrifice the lives of others around me. Whatever it takes, no matter what may happen to me, I won't let harm come to anyone else. I'll find a way"
Sammy, I'm response, fell back on the couch and sighed "Yeah, he's stubborn alright"
"Indeed they are," Abel agreed only to add, "For some. For most." At some point he too had believed that such things were necessities until he had paid a tole of his own, and he was taught that cruelty had no face nor did it show prejudice. Smiling, laughter, the ability to joke and to have time to do so–a privilege.

But what were those privileges to one who had learned to live without them? To one who was no longer able to experience what it was to touch and feel?

And as they were on their way towards Nicholas's room, he continued. "I don't believe that this occupation has been draining, more so that it has allowed circumstances and decisions to be seen through a clearer lens."

~

"I know." When Mrs. Constantine said this, it was solely to Mason. And when she spoke she did so with an undeniable certainty. "I know too well. And I'll tell you just as I told my children. It's a foolish belief that you can obtain anything without sacrifice."

At the mentioning of her parents, Jackie tensed, and she clenched her jaw.

"It's not what you will sacrifice, but what others will sacrifice for you. Whether it be good or evil. For better intentions or chaos," Constantine continued. "It sounds quite good on paper. The "no matter what may happen" bit. The reassurance that it gives you. But for all the good it may do, it won't be until you're neck deep in shit with burdens much too heavy for you alone that your resolve will be put to a real tests. For example, lets say that that tea has been poisoned. You both are poisoned, yet one of you are the key to saving many other lives. But the only antidote is within the beating heart of an infant. Now you have a choice. Either this infant dies in order for you to be cured, or the many other lives are left to damnation. What would you do then?"
"Hmmmmm, once you thirty it hits you hard." She said in reference to their occupation with a small chuckle. She hadn't realized how emotionless she had became until that age. Her children helped her recover those lost emotions immensely. Sometimes she wished that Abel hadn't followed her steps when she was younger. Kyung-ha glanced at him. "You have girlfriend yet? You need plan for girlfriend, then wife, then mother to your child---CHILDREN." She corrected. "Have little Abels run around and treat well. This job no provide that happiness or pride." The mother emphasized with experience. "You still young, yes--but time flies like arrows, oke? Too quick, too soon."
"Or perhaps not anytime soon at all." Abel couldn't even remotely begin imagine himself being married let alone having children. In fact, he didn't think that it had ever crossed his mind. Who was he to bring an unfortunate soul into his life to witness the truths that he had seen? To even consider bringing children into the world as he knew it to be? Logically that was counterproductive to both the organization as well as his ability to take initiative and follow through with the organization's tasks. Bringing people from the outside into the world that he worked within was illogical in his eyes.

As they were nearing the end of the hall, more injured civilians were being brought passed Abel and Kying-ha, more in which were filling the spaces of body bags than those that were fortunately still alive.
"That's what I'm here for" Sammy said, casually crossing his 3rd r arms before continuing "I'll be there to make these choices if I have to for him. If I can help him with this, I'll gladly ki-"
At this, Mason stood up quickly, giving a quick nod and replied "Thank you for the tea" before stepping out onto the porch, closing the door behind him. Mason was ready for whatever may come, even if it was something hard. He never expected it would be this. He was standing in the cold night, thinking to himself "I can't do this! I'm not cut out for this! What the hell am I thinking? I'm not a hero. I'm just me. A journalist for some shit website. A mediocre song and story writer. A... A... " Mason could finally feel all the stress weighing him down, filling his minds with sought "I never asked for this"
"Nyaahh--" Kyung-ha interrupted his denial by tugging at his ears and forcing him to squat downwards so he could be at the same level as her. She thumped at his forehead after licking her thumb which inflicted a little more pain. "No no, if I die before meet your cute kids then i come back as ghost and haunt you." She promised him. "Organization is not always right." She looked at him sternly now, as if she read his mind regarding what the organization believed in. "You are part of organization--organization not part of you." Kyung-ha reminded him. "Able pie," She began, "What you have learned has sprouted strong roots underneath you." The woman reminded him. "If roots deep enough, no need to fear the wind. If you fear wind you have learned nothing. I have failed as your teacher if you fear wind." Despite her loyalty to the organization, she had soon began to realize her own ideology behind it, which included a mixture of several perspectives from past family members, especially her grandma in regards to living in such a world. Her thoughts were interrupted when she saw the medics rush several patients and dead bodies, a small frown distorting her face. She sighed, continuing her way to the designated room.
It was only just after Kyung-ha thumped him in the forehead would a form of disappointment come over him. But there was no frown to show it, not a single twitch in his face. He hadn't felt it. He so desperately had wanted to, but still, he didn't. Couldn't. But he listened closely to her words nonetheless, even when coming to the conclusion that he disagreed, for he knew that the wind could uproot even the fearless if they were strong enough and the chance was given.

Upon reaching Nicholas's room, Abel excused himself briefly to speak with one of the doctors nearby and asked for the man that he had been speaking to prior to Kyung's arrival. He would return in no time at all.

But while doing so, Abel's brows had gone into a furrow. "According to the doctors the child's parents haven't arrived just yet." And this gave him time for questioning before they did.

~

A pair of large eyes watched as the door to the home was opened, and the man that had gone in now exiting in a hurry. It wouldn't take long for its black and grey hands to reach down and yank Mason off of the ground and into the air.

Crk–SHWOOSH! From the ground and into the sky they went with Mason being carried by the back of his shirt. However what carried him wasn't flying but gliding as it carried him off towards the trees.

-

Mrs. Constantine sat idly and watched as Mason made his leave from the room. Her cup levitated in a warm green aura up into her hands, the aura disappearing once the destination was reached. "Mm, and all it took was an example?" She sipped from her tea this time until it was gone. "The path ahead of him will be a long one." She closed her eyes momentarily. "Jackie be a darling and go make sure he doesn't shat his knickers out there. It seems that Thuyious has taken an interest in our company."

Jackie's eyes widened in shock, already halfway into the motion of going to the door. "Thuyi–oh my gods GRANDMA!"

And then there were only two. And for the first time the elderly woman's undivided attention rested on Sammy. When her eyes opened they locked onto Sammy's like talons. The living room's atmosphere shifted heavily, like everything there was watching Sammy. Like the soft cushions held her where she sat and the air around her gave her just enough to breathe, but not speak at first.

And as the front door was slammed shut unintentionally, Mrs. Constantine spoke again, resting her empty cup onto the table. "And now its only you and I. How interesting."
Kyung-ha nodded softly when Abel had excused himself, waiting for his return. When she was informed of the news, she frowned slightly. "Poor thing." She mumbled to herself before entering the room where Nicholas was in. She did so slowly to not cause any fearful stir in him, for she knew he must've been tired and lost internally. The older woman cleared her throat as she walked in, smiling motherly some while setting down the slurpee on his nightstand. "Hope you like slurp-slurp, yes? Blueberry and Cherry swirl." And of course, with a hint of healing contents. She inched it towards the boy, her approach to him much different than when she saw her own daughter.
"Yeah.... it sure is" Sammy said as she leaned forward, not showing even the slightest bit of fear. Of course, she could feel it. Being here with a woman who was far more powerful than she was, even at her age. Sammy didn't know why, but she could tell she could destroy her in seconds. Regardless, Sammy responded, "Now listen here, granny. I don't give a shit what you say to me about anything. I couldn't give less of a fuck. But Mason isn't someone you get to talk about family toward, you understand? You can talk about his ancestors and his family tree and all that, but you don't know the shit he's dealt with. You weren't there to see him at his goddamn lowest! He may seem like a scared guy, but he's way stronger than you'll ever be. His parents... At a young age, too. And he was able to get through that and do something with his life. So what if he's weak with his magic, he's got more balls than anyone I know. And he's goddamn determined. That fire in his fucking soul is stronger than any of that damn magic you got, you understand, lady?! *Sammy stared her down even as she took a large sip of the tea, trying her best not to gag again, helping with her dry throat before setting the tea back down* If he says he's gonna save people, he's gonna do it. You may not believe it, fuck, even I find it hard to believe. But Mason is a determined son of a bitch. He'll do it. Just you watch! And he's gonna be the strongest magic user or whatever you call it out there. Gonna put all you other wizards and warlocks to shame, you hear me! *Sammy sat back down again, crossing her arms as she stared her down with this look of absolute seriousness, something that was unlike Sammy before she added* Oh, and thanks for the tea!

Mason was pacing back and forth, brushing his hair through his head as he heard a faint noise, looking back at the door for a moment, but was immediately taken by surprise when he was grabbed by a large creature, barely able to be seen in the dark. Of course, this caused Mason to panic once more in fear, screaming as he tried to fight it, but came to an immediate stop when he saw how fast they rose from the ground below
oops XD over a year ago
*gets poisoned by tea* over a year ago
There's a gun in the tea over a year ago
Sammy looks down in the tea and a hand with a gun pokes out over a year ago
Nicholas was just barely awake and still fighting the heavy curtain of sleep trying to overcome him when he heard his room door creak open. His eyes shot open and he scrambled to push himself up right in the bed, his gaze moving quickly between the woman and man that entered.

Abel, watching the boy closely, took notice of the suspicion in his weary eyes as Kyung-ha was placing the slurpee on the nightstand.

Nicholas was already on edge and moved himself as far to the opposite side of the bed as he could until he was forced to climb off where he remained in a defensive crouch. Under the bed he held a plastic fork like a knife, the only thing close to a weapon that he could find.

"It's alright. We're not here to cause any harm–but the opposite, in fact," Abel said as he approached the bed at first. But he stopped suddenly and looked down when he felt a tug at his pants leg, only to find that some sort of tripwire had been made out cords that were far too short. But still, it intrigued him to find that there was more to it. More of the cords had been assembled near the room's bathroom, and his eyes followed them all the way from a thicker set of cords that hung from the ceiling like a noose by the window. He also noticed that the loop in the noose was far wider than any human's head or neck that he had ever seen.

Nicholas was following the man's gaze each time that it moved, becoming more and more fearful the more he saw the man's observing gaze peeking at every little crevice of what it had taken him a bit of time to construct since the last time a doctor had been there. "What do you want?!" He blurted out just as the man's eyes were going to the loop of the noose. "T-the police already asked questions!" And much like Yoon, he had given them a complete lie.

~

Mrs. Constantine was silent. She was silent as Sammy went on her tangent in the name of Mason, though there were a couple of chuckles here and there. Chuckles that were almost childish for someone her age. It wasn't until Sammy was finished did she burst into a fit of giggles and snorts. "One would think that you were happily married to the man with three children and an orphan that you just so wholesomely took in." She smacked her hand against the arm of her chair in her laughter, laughter that seemed to warm the room around them. And when she was finished, she wiped a tear from under her eye. "So the sight has rang true after all. I suppose I cain't be too sour of the outcome. It's been far too long since I've had a proper laughing. You'd be half right claiming that I don't know what the big fellow has been through in this lifetime, but I know of worse. I've dealt with far...far worse than anything this world can generate. This very land has. And I'll tell you that he's going to need much more than just a fire in his soul if he ever hopes to save any life. And I can ensure you that there are things that exist solely that can and will tear away both." She stood up from her chair, the cups that were in use now organizing themselves on the platter. "We're both women, but do you know what differentiates you from myself the most–magic aside. It's that you've experienced one man at his lowest. I've experienced an entire world at its lowest for centuries. I lived within it. And if you're having trouble getting a good grasp of that then I'll say this. The worst of this world's history is many Heavens in comparison."

-

Whatever it was that had Mason swooped down into the trees. But astonishingly enough, no branches came into contact with it nor Mason–aside from a couple of twigs here and there. The way it maneuvered was nigh-impossible for a creature of its size. Its hold loosened until it dropped him completely while they were closer to the ground, leaving him to fall into a big bush.
Sammy felt herself getting a bit frustrated now at her laughter, thinking that this was all a joke to her, before she could finally get a chance to speak once she had settled her laughter, "Whatever, lady. Look, whatever the hell happens, we'll be ready. I bet if anyone else saw that shit, the weird monsters we'd saw, they'd lose it completely. Probably couldn't handle that shit. But Mason's been through enough to know what's bad and what's not. He'll be able to handle this. Trust me on that. I'd bet my life on it! *Sammy said in a tone unlike her usual fun loving personality before she finally calmed down* So if you're going to help Mason, I would suggest doing so. Otherwise, we'd like to get back to Florida now so we can figure this shit out on our own.

Mason had to cover his face to avoid any of the twigs and sticks hitting him in the eyes, not seeing how close they were to the ground, and certainly not preparing for when he was going to fall into the bushes, rolling into it with a hard thud, which would've done serious damage if not for the bush in the way. He gave a heavy groan. Despite the lessened impact, he could still feel cuts and bruises on him, even a few pointed sticks stabbing him in the arm just deep enough to draw blood before he rolled himself out of the bush and onto the cold snow with a heavy groan of pain and frustration.
"No worry, child. We here to check in on you." Kyung-ha spoke rather calmly before glancing out the window momentarily. When she looked back, she chuckled quietly at the little scheme Nicholas made for intruders. "Hmm, very innovative and resourceful." She complimented him. However, she didn't like where he was hiding, her motherly instincts eventually kicking in. "Get off ground, too much germs, they kill you before monster gets to you." She added, confirming she did know about what he experienced. "Up up, sit on comfy bed and drink slurp slurp to help wounds."
"Figure what out exactly? How to die? How to get people killed? No. No, here's a much better suggestion," Mrs. Constantine began. But instead of words, she gave Sammy a glare that forced her back against the cushion of the sofa forcefully enough to cause it to slide backwards. And with a binding spell, she kept her there. "I'm surprised my granddaughter didn't throw you out on the way here. For as much as you talk, there's a whole lotta nothing coming out. As a matter of fact, I think I just might send you back down south. Don't need distractions roaming 'round my house. But before that, I'll let ya in on a little family secret,"

The sofa lit ablaze at one end, and the flames grew rapidly towards Sammy.

Mrs. Constantine gathered the full platter into her hands in the same manner that she had brought it in with and when she walked over to Sammy, she bent down some until they were face to face. And flames crept closer. And despite speaking with a smile and cheery voice, her words were sharp and straightforward. "This is my house. My land. Not yours. Not your friends. Not Montana's. Mine. This is the house and land of Carlyle Moray fucking Quartz and or Constantine. And as far as I'm concerned, you're not her. Which means you ain't got no hold or pull here." The flames became close enough for just a bit of fabric from her shirt to burn. However, it didn't catch fire. It was lashed into ashes. "So the next time you decide to "suggest" I'd do something while your here, this here land is going to be where your ashes will be tossed about like confetti at a children's party. Now what you're going to do since you have so much energy to talk, is getcher scrawny little ass into that kitchen and wash some dishes QUIETLY. And you're going to listen. Do I. Make Myself. Clear?"

~

"Hmm, very innovative and resourceful."

"But it wouldn't have accomplished anything," Abel said a second after the compliment Kyun had given the boy. "The material is weak and the mechanics mediocre at best, more suitable for trapping animals and perhaps a human or two if they're unsuspecting. Most S.E.'s are more than aware of the risks of attacking in public."

Nicholas's face was covered in utter confusion. "W-...what?" However when the woman spoke to him again, he almost glared at her upon hearing her accent and getting a good look at her. She looked...familiar. Too familiar. That was enough to make him refuse to move from where he was. His eyes darted to the man and then back to the woman, and for a moment he thought about just calling for help. "Monsters?" He gulped, realizing these people weren't the police. And if they weren't then who exactly were they? And why did he feel so strange–like something inside of him was clogged and at the same time numb."
"glared upon her accent", not racist you say, hmmmm? over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
FebreezeSleeperLady034 over a year ago
Oh god, I'd hate that XD over a year ago
Sammy stared at Carlyle, her eyes moving back and forth between the flames as she stared up at her, gritting her teeth in frustration as she could feel the flames surround her now, and despite the situation, she spoke sternly, "Hey, these clothes are designer, 'Miss Quartz'! And I ain't a little working horse for you or for anyone! My name's Sam Nguyen, get it right! *Sammy stared her down as she felt the fires get closer and closer, yet her stubborn attitude kept her from letting up, even as she felt the heat hit hard against her face, unable to move, not that she did much of it aside from move her head away from the fire before she spoke, "But I'll be goddamned if I let your little magic trick fucks up my fashion. So yeah, I'll do it, but for my sake, not for you, lady!"

Mason fell down into the snow, his back on the ground as he looked up at the sky, his breath barely visible in the light of the stars and moon. In the span of a few hours, he felt like his entire life, his beliefs, were all flipped over, changing completely. Even with the scratches and cuts on his body, he just felt drained, his brain was empty, he didn't know what to think. He just lied there, letting the snow lay against him as he stared up and responded to himself in a pained whisper, rubbing his hands against his face, "What the hell is going on?"
Kyung-ha's eyes rolled softly at Abel's corrections of the scheme, dismissing it with a wave of her hand. "Able pieee, you do something similar at his age, at least he tie noose correctly." It wasn't strong enough, but the effort was there. She chuckled softly in memory while going to Abel's side and patting at his shoulders. Her attention then went back on Nicholas. "Why you still on ground? Germs! Parents no want you sick!" She pointed a finger at him before squatting down to reach his level. "Uppity up, young boy!" She said, outstretching her arms to help him get to his feet.
"Oh that's good to know. That's exCEllent to know," Mrs. Constantine grinned. "That's why I'll let you sit tight while run some dishwater from the well 'Miss' Nguyen. And I may have a few errands to run afterwards. And I just may feed the pups some grub while I'm at it." She stood up straight, leaving the flames burning and the bind locked while she went about the house humming a strange tune.

-

Meanwhile in the forest where Mason had been dropped like a baby at a bad hospital, something crept through the trees around him and peeked at him ever so often. But it was quick to not be seen, for the forest was its home and it knew it well. Just as the other beasts did. But unlike the others, this one was different. One of its pointy ears poked from behind a tree, almost as if the creature thought that Mason couldn't see it.

~

If there was any hint of a "whatever" from Abel when Kyung-ha brought up him not being able to tie a noose, it was the slight rolling of his eyes. He disliked the memory. It was something so simple to do to him now that he cursed himself for not being able to do it then. But he found himself having to act with a swiftness that was not meant for a hospital.

Little known to Mrs. Park, Nicholas's breathing had started picking up the closer that she got. All he could feel was that she was getting to close for comfort. And when she outstretched her arms, his eyes widened. Her head morphed from his view point, her two outstretched arms becoming four limbs of sea-rot. instinct kicked in, and before he knew it he tried to stab her with the fork. But in doing so, he unknowingly caused someone else's instincts to rear their head.

But by this time, the bed was sliding violently out of the way and Abel's hand caught Nicholas's wrist in a tight grip. The stare he gave the child was one that was so void of emotion that it seemed that he was ready and more than willing to go for the kill, his hand forcing the ends of the fork to point towards the child's throat.

And Nicholas was terrified even more than he had been.

However, Abel made Nicholas lower the fork slowly. "Calm down. We're here to help you, not harm you." The tone of his voice didn't change or fluctuate from its charming flatness.
"W-What, you can't keep this shit going!" Sammy said, her demeanor wavering, if only a bit more now, yet she didn't bother to change her tone even a little. She looked back between the flames before she thought to herself, "Shit, this is bad. Where the hell is Mason!?"

Mason kept his hands in his head, if only until he could hear the faint rustling of the trees and the grass. He didn't want to turn over and look. The amount of stuff he had seen today was enough already to drive him crazy, but his curiosity, his attention turned over to look, his eyes staring over at the source of the noise

During the altercation between Nicholas and Abel, there was a faint wrapping on the frame of the door. Standing at the door was a disheveled man, wearing a brown coat over his white work uniform, black work pants and black shoes at the bottom. The man looked like a mess, not just from his clothes, but his looks. His black, oily hair was rugged, the stubble of hair on his face from not keeping up with his hygiene, the dark bags under his eyes, like a man who hadn't slept in days. He had a cigarette between his lips, unlit, but his hand was on his lighter ready to light it at a moments notice before he spoke, "Not a threat, huh? That's one damn way to show it, Abel." The man spoke, staring between the three of them, looking down at the kid before his eyes looked over at Kyung-ha and gave a nod, "Miss Park. As mature as ever I see. You two don't mind if I smoke in here, do you? Hospital rules and all that, but I won't tell if you won't"

Leonard "Leo" York
"W-What, you can't keep this shit going!" Sammy said, her demeanor wavering, if only a bit more now,
fucker COULDNT YOU WAIT TILL I POSTED FIRST over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
That's fucking PERFECT XD over a year ago
It's okay XD over a year ago
Ms. Park's eyes widened when she witnessed Abel now point the fork towards the boy's throat, softening her features some once he helped him lower it. She cleared her own throat. "Oi, young boy, you can trust us. We take care of those icky monsters, we in the right side of the problem." She reassured him. Her hand was now on Abel's whose was one Nicholas's. And steadily, she slowly removed it despite what he had just attempted to do. "This is Abel-Pie, and you call me Park if you want. You safe now, we make sure you safe." But then she asked him kindly to get back up the bed. "Hop on the bed, please. Five second germ rule too long now."

But then her motherly smile faltered as she suddenly felt a new presence in the room. Instinctively, she squatted in a defensive pose where her right leg was higher than her left. Her crouch stance was also accompanied by two fingers from her left arm pointing straight at the man, meanwhile her other arm was a perfect 90 degrees in the air leveled just above her ear.
Thank you Jade. Hugs and Kisses and all that gay shit XD over a year ago
>:( over a year ago
You can't stay mad at me. I give you memes, goddammit XD over a year ago
By the time the third person entered that wasn't a doctor, Nicholas was already trembling and thinking that he was going to die again. He had no choice but to lower the fork with the unneeded help of the man's firm grasp. And as the woman took the man's hand away from his own, he couldn't help but to feel a bit grateful. But then he was only brought back into confusion when she told him the man's name and resentfully, he stood up stiffly and sat down on the bed in a way that put the most possible distance between them all.

Abel's head turned for him to glance at Leonard. "He attacked a comrade. I defended that comrade." He straightened his suit's jacket formally. "What brings you here? I wasn't aware that you'd be joining the investigation."

~

As Sammy was calling out to the woman the flames only became higher and inched a bit closer. And from the kitchen, Mrs. Constantine could be heard saying in a singing voice "YOU GON LEARN TODAY!", while going about dumping the platter and what accompanied it into the sink.

-

When Mason looked in the direction where the rustling had come from, something stared back. It's large silverish eyes were curious, and the longer he faced it, the more it began to ease itself from behind the trees. At first it seemed as if it were indeed some type of canine beast from the way it held itself and walked. But the further it came from behind the tree, the more wrong that became. Its grey and black head was lowered in a sort of crouch, and it walked forward on its knuckles. Brown fur covered its neck and the middle part of its body until it blended into more black and grey, some lighter spots of orange and white going unseen in the night. Its head was that of what appeared to be a enlarged bat's. From it's upper arms extended an odd flimsy looking yet solid material that fluttered ever so slightly as it sniffed in his direction.

(Ranch Guardian Thuyious.)
By the time the third person entered that wasn't a doctor, Nicholas was already trembling and thinkin
"Lady, this is not funny!" Sammy replied as she stared at the flames getting higher and higher now, squirming in vein to try and break from the binds as she watched the flames going, thinking that she would've much preferred Jackie's constant insults to this disaster

Mason's body shot up immediately into a sit at the sight of the creature. But that's all he would allow his body to do. Staring up at the creature from a distance, he didn't dare make another move. Despite all he had seen, despite saying that nothing would surprise him at this point, he found himself staring down at the creature right in front of him with total shock, not daring to make any sudden movement that would get the creature to react so suddenly. He just stayed still, not daring to move an inch more

"Neither was I, until we got word of more of these magic types in the area" Leo said, lighting his cigarette after getting impatient with an answer, "It's a fuckin' mess what's going on here, Abel. To anyone else, this is a massacre, a goddamn tragedy, only someone with no soul and compassion for their fellow man would do. But you and I know that this just just another fuckin' Monday for us." Leo took a long drag on his cigarette, the faint glow from the end, lighting up his face, the only light his face as seen in a long time, before he let out a cloud of smoke into the room, the scent strong enough to make the three gag before he followed up, "Tell me, Abel, what's this bring to numbers up to? A few hundred? A few thousand? I've lost count after four hundred. How many more are gonna die? I guess that's just the question for the naive at this point". He looked back between the other two, giving a nod to Ms. Park before speaking, "I thought you retired after your daughter was born? I hope she's doing well, given all the shit that's happened today. How goes retirement, by the way?"
It took Kyung-ha a moment or two for her brain to process who was at the door. And when it finally did, she cursed in Korean and straightened herself with a few pats here and there to rid any unnecessary particles on her. Her face scrunched some in mild pain at the sharp sting her quads felt with the sudden squat. Ms. Park's attention went back on Leonard when he asked if he could smoke. "너 미쳤어?!" Her brows furrowed and she made her way towards him with dainty steps, removing the cigarette from his lips, her bare thumb quickly burning out the fire. "You no see sign of no smoking?! You no see kid right in front of you?" Her index finger tapped at his chest with each question. "You no know smoke is cancer?! You no know curse words is bad in front of children?! You no know how to wash off conditioner?! You scaring kid!" She made him back up against a wall. "Retirement or no I will slice your fingers and then your lips until you respect property!" She glanced at the cigarette before handing it to Leonard and pointing at the trashcan. "You no tell me your arrival, you no get chai tea!"
Why does COLA's character get respect and mine get's shit XD over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
Naaah, Jar Jar was at least important XD He's the mastermind behind everything in the Star Wars verse XD over a year ago
Oh come on. That's just kicking while he's down XD over a year ago
The bat esque creature known as Thuyious continued to inch towards Mason in a careful manner, almost like it was trying to be just as careful as he was. And when it was close enough, it sniffed at Mason's feet only to jerk its head upright, its ears perking. It continued its investigation up to Mason's armpits and it was at that moment that things became odd. The creature stuck its nose under Mason's armpits, some of its sniffing becoming a snort or two until–THUD.

The creature let out some sort of purr..growl..bark noise, as it now laid with it's nose pressed against Mason's armpit.

-

"It's not meant to be funny," Mrs. Constantine said as she returned to the living room with a few items tucked away into a basket. "Like I said. Ain't no uptown city hippy going to come into my home like she runs the place. Like she wakes up every morning at 6 sharp to tend to pigs, cows, and goats for the beasts of the field. If I burn you to a crisp now, you may just learn to keep your mouth shut and have some manners about yourself while on this property in the next life. I understand now. You believe that I won't kill you. Therefore if I show you that I'll kill you, your next life with come to understand that I'm not to be trifled with. I've got three hundred years of being trifled with as is. One person–some ego stricken, rich pig went as far as to kill my most trusted comrade, the real bastard he was, that Weiner. Her name was Tubbious. He didn't believe me either when I said that his head would be mine to cleave. And so I tore apart his kingdom in its entirety and day by day, week by week until there was nothing but ruins and dust. That took seven years of my life to do. Now ask yourself, what do you think I'll do to you?"

~

"Nine thousand seven-hundred and ninety-four and counting." Abel had answered Leonard's question of how many deaths were now accounted for thanks to the recent catastrophe in Florida. The count was for multiple southern areas that he had read over and been keeping track of himself.

Nicholas was left to watch everything unfold, still uncertain of the three people within his room. And from what he gathered, one was an insane Asian, another looked as if he had came in drunk from nine days ago, and the other was probably an undercover psychopath. And none of that sat well with him. He tried to use what he had been using so far to get out of horrible situations but found that he still couldn't, and each time he tried he was only left with a strained expression of concentration.