The Worst Generation [The Worst Generation: Hippies, Life, Rave and...Magic?!]

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19PM
rave
/rav/
verb
1. talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
2. speak or write about someone or something with great enthusiasm or admiration.

Hippy
hip·pie
/ˈhipē/
noun
(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

life
/līf/
noun
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
3. a particular type or aspect of people's existence
4. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
5. vitality, vigor, or energy.
6. (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

Magic
mag·ic
/ˈmajik/
noun
1. the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
2. mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
3. a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
4. something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
mag·ic
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***

~Plot Stuff~
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, there existed an otherworldly arcane essence that existed by the name of Magic/Magick. This essence was a variety of things. Lush and in great abundance, full of life and a energy that science had become a pale reflection of in the years that followed. However, it was also an essence that harbored a wicked face as well, bound to attract misfortune and death to all who were able to understand and or obtain it if not tamed properly. The secrets of this essence falling into the wrong hands would bring nothing but catastrophe.

And catastrophe it brought, those hundreds a years ago. One that thrust magic into an era in which it had began to fade and a new form of energy created at the hands of man became the new. The world in which magic had come from became a myth, magic itself became a myth as time progressed and left it to fade and never be seen again.

Or perhaps....what isn't seen isn't truly gone. And perhaps...the world thought to be myth is much more than just so. But what is certain is that what has lurked in the veils of shadows within the darkness, behind illusions of people, places and things. Forces that had managed to slip into the ages of the new world. Those of good. Those of evil and malice. Those of...magic. And perhaps...hope. But...will the newest of generations derived from those hundreds of years be able to face what comes?

And so we fly ahead in time to the present, where villages have become cities of tall structures, and dreams of flight have become a reality.

~TWG Terminology and Lore~

link
link
link
link

~Characters~

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
-
link
Sangeon Park
link
link
-
link
link
link
link
last edited on Mar 11, 2020 at 02:27PM

The Worst Generation 9440 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1051-1100 of 9440

over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
"Shit, I don't know" Sammy said, feeling a bit more intimidated now, though only from the flames. The words that she was speaking was silly to her, talk of kingdoms and magic and all this, like some insane fairy tail, before Sammy answered in a semi-sarcastic manner, "You'll let me off with a slap on the wrist, maybe?"

Mason was as still as could be as he felt the creatures nostrils on him. He didn't know what the creature had in store for him, thinking about how it was probably sniffing him to find which part was the most interesting to eat first, that or it's children. But when the creature started to sniff around under his arms, Mason's fears went to an unusual uncomfortable feeling. Not fear, but just not wanting the creature there. He even couldn't help himself but to chuckle, being as ticklish as he was under there, his body jerking ever so slightly. He wanted to stop and push the creature back in fear, and he most certainly wanted to take the situation as seriously as possible, but the creature getting him to chuckle made it impossible for him to

Leonard shook his head at the answer that Abel gave, still pinned to the wall by Park's finger as he spoke under his breath, "Shit... can't say it's unexpected." Leo looked down at the much smaller woman, yet he could still feel the force that she had when he first met her. He gave her a grimace, his own attempt at a smile, a tired one as he looked her in the eyes and responded, "You haven't changed a bit, Ms. Park. You've seen about the same as us and you still have that fire in your eyes. Still, gotta say, I'm hurt. Not even a hello since we last met. Of course, I haven't really called you. This job doesn't exactly give me the time to make friendly calls though". He took the cigarette and placed it back into his pocket, hoping to save it for later, "And yeah, I know it's bad for me. I've already heard plenty from my doctor. Of course I know. That's why I do it. Too chicken shit to pull the trigger so I just kill myself slowly day by day.... kidding. Only kidding." Despite that, Ms. Park could see this vacant stare in his eyes. Whether he was joking or not was... unclear. He continued, "As for the swearin'... Kid's probably already spouted it a few times himself already. Like, how old is he? twelve? Probably said more than his fair share of cusses."
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago cosmic_fusions said…
Kyung-ha thumped Leonard's forehead harder than Abel's when he freely cursed again. "Nyah, cursing is no no!" She pointed her finger at him. "I leave you smelling like cherry blossoms and nice hair and now you smell like pity and tobacco. I teach you better how to care for yourself." She then pointed at Abel. "See? Nice suit, clean hair, clean teeth, oke tie, good fragrance." She looked back at him. "You still stubborn! I say no smoking when you were only a teeny human." The woman explained. "Still stubborn and want a hello?" She crossed her arms momentarily before scoffing and opening them for embrace. "Come come, hug now before I throw you in river with soap."
over a year ago afewseconds said…
Mason's laughter caused Thuyious to raise its head with what appeared to be a puzzled expression before it tilted its head back some and attempted to imitate the noise that came from the man. But what came out was nothing like Mason's laugh and instead was something similar to a mixture of sporadic wheezes and grunts with only a shadow of the rhythm of Mason's chuckle.

-

"Slap on the wrists?" Mrs. Constantine chuckled. "No..no no no. You see, a slap on the wrist means that you're getting a chance to do it again doesn't it? Nowadays, that's what a slap on the wrist means to you kids. I'd rather cut your hands off at the wrists. To prove a point. They say fire purifies all." She walked over to the burning sofa and took Sammy's face in one hand, her thumb pressing into left cheek. And slowly but surely, the sofa began to lift with Sammy still attached to it. Even in her old age, she still had some of her monstrous strength from her youthful days. "I could splatter you any where that I'd like and no one would bat an eye." But then she frowned. "Not a single tear. Or a single word of sorrow. If I were the one hunting you down one by one, looking to strip flesh from bone and soul from body, that would be your fate." She lowered the furniture back down slowly and the flames began to quell. "But since I am not the one looking to do such a thing as a sweet and elderly woman, I suppose I'll allow a warning for you." She paused in a second of thought. "Be that as it may, I expect to find you in the kitchen taking care of silverware by the time I'm done. If not, I'm afraid I'm going to have to change my mind."

How Mrs. Constantine stared deeply into Sammy's face as she spoke was the flag that she was serious. A bit too serious. Perhaps if she were in her younger years long before she found herself in the current world, she would have been less aggressive. Kind. Gentle. More susceptible to being back stabbed. However, Mrs. Constantine was one that had seen plenty and had gone through too much without the slightest bit of a cry for help. For there was no one to cry for, no one that would rush to aid her in those days.

~

"I'm fourteen!" Nicholas growled under his breath, though he didn't have enough courage to say it to the man directly in fear of having another fork to his adam's apple. And the more voices he heard from around him, the more he realized how badly he just wanted to go to sleep now. But a sudden question from Abel caused him to jump."

"I'm only merely here to ask a few simple questions that will ensure the safety of lives depending on your answers. Will that be alright?" Abel asked, taking initiative and getting down to business.

Nicholas was hesitant but it didn't take long for him to nod quickly in hopes to get this all over with. Somewhere inside he still hoped that this was all just a bizarre dream that he would never have again. But even deeper inside, he knew that this was real. There was no denying that it was real.

"Excellent. Then we can start by asking you to drink the beverage. It'll help you feel better, provide you with energy and assist in healing your wounds to a degree. We'll start whenever you're ready."
Ms. Park's head perked some at Abel's words. And right before Leonard was about to lean in for a hug, it was already too late and she had quickly rushed to the night stand so she could give the drink to Nicholas personally. That, and she wanted him to stay where he was and not make any unnecessary movement that could hurt him. "Here, drink cherry and blueberry swirl slurp-slurp! You feel better and refreshed! Bad for teeth but I let slide for now, oke?" She grabbed the large cup carefully and handed it to Nicholas. "If you hungry I bring packaged and nutritious gimbap for you grow stronger!" She notified him while shaking her large purse lightly. In fact, whether Nicolas refused or accepted, she was already pulling out the tupperware filled with her homemade goodies, opening them to reveal a little over a dozen rolls of rice with bulgogi and various vegetables wrapped in seaweed.
afewseconds commented…
Man. It would sure be a shame if Nicholas pulled a– over a year ago
Windwakerguy430 commented…
Who? over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
....Cleetus. over a year ago
Nicholas licked his lips nervously as his gaze passed the others. He reached his hands out slowly and clutched the cup in his hands. And as he stared down into the red and blue swirl that the combination of flavors made he wondered how a slushy was going to do him any good. He couldn't deny that he was still quite thirsty though due to not wanting to drink any water–and reasonably so. And so he started drinking from the cup, having to do so slowly since his nose still ached whenever he moved his mouth a certain way. And though he saw the food, he thought it better not to push what seemed to finally be some actual luck.

Abel was more on guard than Kyung, already having it in his mind the possibility that the kid could attempt to attack again. Whether with a cup, or a straw or the drink itself. An attack was an attack, and if he could prevent it then he would without question. But for now, patience was going to work in their favor as long as they remained on reasonable and understanding terms with the kid.
Kyung-ha gave Nicholas a motherly smile with closed eyes. She would have patted his head if he wasn’t so frightened, but she thought it was better not to do so. The woman set the Tupperware of gimbap on the bed besides Nicholas whenever he was ready to try some. And that’s when her attention shifted to Abel, grabbing a single gimbap while doing so and opening his mouth to shove it inside. “Abel-pie, you worry too much—worry cause wrinkles!” She patted his forehead and cleaned the corners of his cheeks. “I can take care of myself. We need to take care of this boy and Yoonie, Oke?” Ms. Park reminded him. After all, she was sure a plastic fork or a straw wouldn’t cause much damage after everything she had been through.
Leo was not too keen on giving her a hug, not out of hatred, it just wasn't something he was comfortable with anymore. Regardless, he leaned downward to hug the much shorter woman, wrapping his arm around her as quickly as he could before he pulled back up, letting her and Abel talk before he added, "As much as I would like to catch up on old times, you all know that's not why I'm here. We have some business to take care of"

"Y-yeah, yeah, sure thing, lady!" Sammy replied in a hurried tone as her eyes darted from her face to the flames that were inching ever so closer, barely listening as she was more focused on how close they were getting to her now. She was thankful when she saw that they had started to move back, giving a sigh of relief, only replying with, "Jesus, lady". She didn't dare say another word, not wanting to deal with that again.

Mason was immediately silenced when he heard the noises come from the creature. He remained still once more, intimidated even, when he waited for the creature to do something more, only to not see a follow up to it's cry. He looked at the creature in a curious manner before he asked it, in some vein attempt for an answer back, "Are... are you... friendly?"
Abel, instead of allowing her to place the gimbap in his mouth, took it himself with his own hands. But as he ate it, he knew that he would only be able to think back to how it tasted. And before he could stop her, she was already wiping at the corners of his mouth. "You realize that that's not necessary, don't you Kyung?"

However Nicholas had choked if for only a second or two, making sure that he had heard what he did right. He coughed, realizing that he had heard the name correctly, and it was starting to come together in his tired mind.

Abel raised an eyebrow at him. "You're ready for questioning?"

Nicholas was silent, his brain working on fumes. But there were so many questions that were itching at him until he made a decision before thinking it over. "O-only if you guys answer some of...mine?"

~

The creature looked at him, its dumbfounded expression towards Mason a bit unexpected once the question was asked. It began to try and move its mouth, but the only thing that came forth was an awkward "Muhw, muhw muuhhhw." It sat its body up, tipping its head to the side.

Though it was indeed a unnatural beast, unlike most things that would be labeled as so it seemed to have a personality of some sort. This beast didn't seem to be one of purely instinct.

And as Thuyious would attempt to imitate Mason again, it let out a burp that smelled of something not too pleasant. Oddly enough it seemed to realize this as well after it sniffed at the air, leaving it to rear back some in supposed disgust.

-

"I'll be back in five minutes, maybe sooner." Mrs. Constantine said, making a swooping gesture with her hand with the additional poke towards Sammy that unbound her from the spell. "I'm delighted that we could come to an understanding. Now run along. Don't need the bigger ones getting impatient."
Mason felt that his answer was more than answered at the creatures response, but had to cover his mouth when the creature let out a noxious gas from its belch, scooting back a bit and covering his mouth as he tried his best not to appear too rude to the creature, trying not to gag at the smell and juts waving it off before his eyes moved back up to the creature

"... Bigger ones?" Sammy questioned in a worried tone, not daring to even ask what she meant by that, but her curiosity filling her mind, putting thoughts into her head as to what she referred to by that. All Sammy knew was that she had to get out of this house as soon as Mason and Jackie came back
“Shhhh...” Kyung-ha places her index finger against his lips. “Too much serious sometimes.” She reprimanded him. But then her attention went back to Nicholas as he responded with his question, a look of curiosity hitting her face to see what he had to ask about them. “Oí, a trade for a trade? You are quite the attentive one.”
Was that meant for Leo or for Abel XD over a year ago
cosmic_fusions commented…
abel xD over a year ago
fuck. Not even an acknowledgement XD over a year ago
Thuyious stepped away from Mason just as Mason had stepped away from it. There was a rustle near the creature that could have been considered loud to some degree, but it wouldn't take long to find that it was its tail causing swiping away snow and leaves out of excitement. But then its head jerked up towards the sky as the night filled with the howls and roars of beast.

And this seemed to rile the creature in joy. But as it sought to join in the hymn of the other beasts, only a scratchy and painful sounding wheeze came out. And it tried, and tried, unable to match the ferocity of the others. Its head lowered, sadness and shame reflecting in its eyes.

~

"One of us has to be." Abel replied when he was told that he was too serious, was more concerned with ensuring the organization's policies were upheld. And so he said to Nicholas, "Be aware that there is information that we are prohibited from releasing. Keep that in mind as you ask these questions."

Nicholas nodded, carefully setting the the slushy to the side and finding himself asking once again in his mind just who the heck these people were. He also found himself scratching at some of the bandages where he felt a warm burning sensation, one that soon spread throughout his body and brought uneasiness.

"I'll began. Do you remember anything pertaining to where you were when the ambulance arrived?" Abel asked.

Nicholas was going to nod at first until but ended up shaking his head. It crossed his mind that he still didn't know how he had even gotten to the hospital to began with. "I...can't remember."

"What about prior to that? There was an incident that occurred at a nightclub a couple of blocks from here. Were you and the woman you were with at a nightclub at any time?"

Nicholas looked at everyone, a little overwhelmed by the prying eyes. But he answered truthfully, nodding his head. But then he added, "But...but not here."
Mason was a bit startled at the sight of the creature, looking at it with curiosity as it jumped around joyfully, only for fear to strike him again when he heard the faint howls of other creatures, howls he had never heard before, howls he would hope not to hear again. But seeing the creature jump with joy in an attempt to screech, followed by a look of sadness on it's face, Mason felt bad for the creature now. He didn't know why. Perhaps it was just in his nature. Regardless, he took a step forward, his hands outstretched as he stepped slowly toward the creature, taking very small steps toward it, "uh... h-hey, it's okay. N-Not everyone can get it every time." Mason wasn't even sure if the creature understood him, but as he continued to close the gap between them, he continued to speak, "M-My names Mason, by the way"

Leo turned to the two, giving a nod, "Sounds about right, eh, Abel?" He joked dryly, taking another cigarette out of his pocket by just instinct, doing so naturally. He was used to having something between his lips, if just to calm his nerves. But as his eyes looked back at Park, who he could feel was staring him down, he just kept the unlit cigarette in his mouth before whispering to her as to not interrupt Abel's questions, "It's a stress thing, Park. You know how this job gets. We all got something we need, even a little bit, to keep us sane in this line of work. You see enough tragedies and your sense get all fuc-... messed up"
>:( over a year ago
Your post was not that long. You can edit it XD over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
Lmao XD over a year ago
Ms. Park's eyes squinted softly at Nicholas's answer regarding his state when the ambulance arrived. She wondered if Yoon had anything to do with this. But then her eyebrows gently furrowed at the last of his statement. "No here?" She repeated. "Then where?" Kyung-ha asked. Her attention briefly wavered when she witnessed Leonard put the unlit cigarette between his lips, rolling her eyes softly. She held back her fingers which were itching to thump at him again. "You keep sane in strange way." She commented.
"Some would say your methods are strange, having kids in this line of work. Not saying I think it's odd, great to have kids when you can. But others would probably question your morals. Few would even go so far as to call you a horrible human, bringing kids into a world like this" Leo responded as he clicked his lighter open and closed repeatedly, the temptation to smoke lingering before he continued, "Whatever it takes to keep you going, whatever that is, I don't judge. People can only take so much before they snap. Anything, even the little things, take what you can to keep you going." After closing his lighter once more, he put it back into his pocket, giving a heavy sigh, "But man, does it get harder and harder to do that"
"Keep me sane and going?" Kyung-ha's left eyebrow arched. "My children no temporary substitute for sanity like cigarettes and alcohol." She corrected him with a smile, yet behind that there was nothing but seriousness to her voice. "My children are my children, forever–no temporary. Peace no given in a platter, peace is made from individual. Me chose peace." The woman finally glanced at Leonard. "Horrible human being is those who cower and accept world how is. You find pearls at seashore? No no, you go dive and get those pearls yourself, oke? You make beauty yourself and that pretty pearl necklace at store was not grown on tree. I fulfill my duty to utmost best potential and I quit once I saw potential in something else." That something else being her two children who she loved with all her being. "When you two get my age you realize the world is as dark as you make it, oi?" She added. "I no spend years teaching for nothing. Listen for once to your elders, oke?" Kyung-ha's attention finally returned to Nicholas after her small side discussion with Leonard.
You;re not COLA XD over a year ago
Thuyious lifted his head some and looked at Mason, growling a little in disagreement when he said that not everyone got it the first time. It had never gotten it. And as Mason moved forward, it started to shy away from him until he introduced himself. It moved before him and placed its head into his outstretched hands gently.

"Mason! Mason!"

The creature's head jerked upwards at the sound of Jackie's voice, but before she arrived the Thuyious gave Mason once last look.

And as the beast looked into the man and the man into the beast, something brought pulled at them both. It wasn't so much of a physical tug, but one that felt like it tugged them into one from the inside.
Something would speak to Mason, but not a voice. It was like words, thoughts and images became something new inside of his head. Thuyious. Mason. Friend. There was a sense of sincerity that came from the creature. But as Jackie would come from the trees, the beast would turn and sprint into the forest, disappearing into the thick of bark and bushes and leaves.

~

Nicholas rubbed his arm, not sure at exactly how insane or "imaginative" he was going to sound, but at this point, he was willing to take that chance. "I-I don't..know. It was weird and..and.." The more he began to recall, the more terror knotted in his throat. "Everything was...was...not right. They were everywhere."

Abel's brows furrowed, his attention only being on Nicholas while the other two had their own sidebar conversation. "The monsters, you mean?"

Nicholas nodded stiffly, his eyes widened some now. And though they went unseen, he relived the horrors. "There...there was a woman..a woman that spoke to us from the radio. She..she said that it was some sort of different world. A...r-replica..."
Leo turned his attention to her with a chuckle as she called herself 'his elder' and he added, "My elder? Last I checked, we joined The Organization on the same day. I'm only a few months younger than you, girl" He gave a chuckle as he put his cigarette back into his pocket, not bothering with it now before he added on top of it, "Still, two children and you haven't aged a bit. Guess I can blame that on the stress of work. Course, doubt I'd be any good with kids. Too much for me to deal with, not gonna lie. Just a personal thing" But before he could add onto that, his attention turned back to Nicholas as he spoke about what he witnessed, remaining silent the whole time, though the mention of "replica" got his full attention now

"W-Woah" Mason could only reply as his hands brushed against the creatures fur softly, looking at the creature in the eyes as he patted it gently. But as soon as he heard Jackie call out to him, his head turned over to her direction, his eyes turning back to the creature before he heard... something in his mind. "W-What?!" He replied outloud in confusion, not able to get another word out as he watched the creature ran into the forests, not sure if he wanted to follow or not. He turned back to Jackie as she was approaching and called out, "J-Jackie, t-there was something. A large bat creature. Thuyious, I think it was called
So as I was saying, Jade, read the wiki XD over a year ago
well he doesn't look 49 fucker over a year ago
Course he does XD over a year ago
Jade, I work retail. I promise you, he looks 49 XD over a year ago
"Nyah––" This time, Kyung-ha slapped the back of his head when he called her 'girl'. "You show respect to SIX month older elder or I make you show respect." She warned him, not having the fondest of memories with him back during training. She cursed to herself in Korean before returning her attention to Nicholas's words. She frowned in pity, seeing fear and confusion ridden all over the innocent little boy's face. "You safe with us now." The woman reminded him for comfort. Her head tilted slightly at the mentioning of a woman on the radio. "Radio? You in car?" She asked. "A radio used as communication device between two words?" Kyung-ha added. "What was last thing you remember?"
See? No respect for my characters even after all I've done for you, Jade XD over a year ago
"Aw, the hell!?" Leo said with a hint of genuine anger in his tone after being slapped, following it up with that, "Over twenty years and that's the hello I get? Jeez, you're a hard ass like always, aren't you, Kyung-ha!?" He replied, ignoring the pleasantries now and taking his unlit cigarette back out to put against his lips again, already giving up on his attempt to be hospitable
Jackie's expression was one of both worry and alertness, and when she reached Mason she looked around carefully. "Yes, yes I know," she said urgently. "It's why I was sent to–wait, what?" Confusion was a cold bucket of water that splashed onto her face, her brows rising in surprise. "I don't remember her telling you its name." In fact, she was sure that Mason had been long gone by the time she had gotten outside.

-

Just as she had said, Mrs. Constantine returned into the living room only a few minutes after she had left, sighing while shaking her head. She used her magic to swipe away a slosh of drool from the sleeve of her clothes, condensing it into a ball and tossing it out the door. "I hope that dishware has been taken care of!"

~

"Would the both of you please either quite down or take your business outside?" Abel said sternly to the both of them now, his attention leaving Nicholas briefly. But as it returned to Nicholas, he spoke. "Excuse their unprofessional manner. Continue, please."

Nicholas's mind was scrambling to remember what question he was last asked, and once he did, his eyes immediately began to become heavy with tears. "I...I remember the woman..the radio woman. That lady with the–" He stopped himself before he could finish, wording what he had been about to say differently. "The short lady..she knew her. She came to save us but..but–" He was recalled more, more than he wanted to. "The club...the club was the way out." He gulped hard, trying to hold his tears back. Trying not to cry in front of other people. But he couldn't. "S-so many..so many people...all shr-shriveled up.." The cup in his hands trembled until they could no longer keep a hold on it. But it was who was among them that broke him.

It wasn't enough to be noticed, but Abel's jaw clenched. He could hear the pain and confusion that the boy suffered from. But still he spoke. "Is there anything else that you're able to relay to us at the moment."
"Of course not" Mason said with a shrug as he looked around for where the creature went, "I think it... spoke to me, actually. It knew my name, and it called me his friend. I... I think. I don't know. Is this just more of the magic surrounding all this?" Mason replied, looking around for where the creature went in a confused state, not sure if he wanted to search for it or not. He was worried for it, but he didn't even know what the creature was. He barely knew it's name. So as he thought, he asked Jackie, "What kind of animal was that?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, lady" Sammy replied as she had barely gotten done, mouthing Constantine's words in secrecy in a mocking manner as she finished up before she added, "And when the hell do those two get back? It's been like half an hour?"

Leo rolled his eyes at Abel's response, "You're younger than us, buddy" He said in a hushed tone, but not daring to speak up. Instead, he kept his matters to himself before he turned to Miss Park and added, "Is your daughter in this place as well? I need to speak with her from the Organization. I have some questions that I need to ask her as well. Probably best if you're there too. Would also help if you... you know... fessed up to all this. You know she's gonna wanna know. Kids are curious like that"
"Oh, you don't know?" Mrs. Constantine entered the kitchen, removing the jacket that she had slid on for the occasion and allowing the coat rack to waltz in and assist her in hanging it before going back to its place. "Perhaps if you hadn't spent so much time flapping that bill on your face you would. They'll return when time calls for it." She went over to the sink, inspecting one of the plates with a keen eye.

~

Mason wouldn't get an answer to his question, and instead would find Jackie staring at him with a look of not disbelief, but shock. "Mason that was a mantibat!" She exclaimed. "Creatures like Thuyious are known to kill whatever they come across! As in, whatever they aren't already familiar with! My grandmother keeps him bound deeper in the forest because of that very reason," she explained. "They aren't creatures that can speak! The only time a mantibat is said to communicate is when–" Her eyes widened a little. "...No..no that isn't possible.."
Mason turned his head in confusion. A part of him was already giving a bit of a tired sigh as he added, "Jackie, please don't have me add more questions onto my mind than I already have. Whatever it is, can you just please tell me?" Mason begged, still thinking about that creature, the Mantibat. He'd never heard of a creature like it before. How could he? He started to think now if all those rumors of creatures in the woods were Mantibats, or something else. Then his mind thought to what if UFO's were something, and then time travelers in photos. Mason was already starting to lose himself in thought immediately before Jackie could even answer, already finding confusion and a bit of worry in his mind

"Of course I don't know" Sammy added with a frustrated tone, but not daring to throw her insults she had thought up while doing all this, "In case you forgot, Mason and I got dragged out from Florida after a mass murder out here to who knows where, Montana and then I almost got burned and now my shirt is ruined. I think I haven't really been paying attention to the... time...Oh shit *Disregarding the chores now, Sammy stepped away, taking her phone out to check the time Oh shit! Oh shit oh shit! It's 5:45 here! That means it's like 7 back in Florida and we got like a three hour trip back! You're telling me I only got three hour nap?! Where the fuck is Mason and Lady Long Legs?!"
"Tell you? Tell you what exactly? A theoretical answer that could possibly be wrong?" Jackie said to him. "Why would I relay information to you that I'm unsure of? What good would come of it?" She shook her head. "I'm not a person willing to to do that. Come on, we'll get back to the safety of the ranch. I'll commit to a bit of research and I'll have a solidified answer by tomorrow."

~

"Split a nerve why don't you?" Mrs. Constantine was of course less focused on the whereabouts of Mason and her granddaughter and more with the dish at hand. "They're taking the time they're supposed to, and they'll return when they're supposed to. You shouldn't worry much about the time either. Here, things are a bit different opposed to your city clocks and gadget numbers. Surely Jackie toldja that you'd make it back to your saltwater town in due time." She swiped her finger across the surface of the plate and her brows furrowed in dismay. "In the meantime, what devil taught you that this was cleaning?"
“No no no no.” She shook her head in disagreement of him interviewing her daughter. “I tell her, Oke? ....later.” She added in a mumble before Nicholas’s crying distracted her. Kyung-ha sighed softly, wanting to place her hand on his shoulder for comfort, but thought better not to. Instead, she rested both her hands on the edge of the bed. But eventually the more his hands trembled on the slurpee, Ms Park settled hers on top of his in attempt to calm him. “You very brave, young man.” With Abel’s last question, she nodded in agreement. “Yes, any information help a lot. Was Yoonie with you the whole time?”
"I'd rather have a wrong answer that I can believe is right rather than come up with my own solutions right now, Jackie" Mason said, crossing his arms. It was clear that he was getting agitated by all that was happening, all the monsters he's seen, all the magic that has happened, all the information that has been dumped onto him in the span of a moment. And something just... went off. "Maybe this is normal for you, Jackie, but this has all just been pushed onto me. In less than a day. I've been attacked, almost murdered, borderline kidnapped, related in some way to a mass murder, have traveled across a country by flying car, had my morals questioned by the elderly, told that I somehow have ancestors of magic users, and I'm just told, 'get it'. Well I don't got it. I don't even want to get it! I didn't ask for any of this, dammit! I didn't ask to be a magic user! I didn't ask to be important to all these monsters and stuff! I'm not someone you are looking for, alright? I am just a regular guy! Don't tell me that I have something that I need to learn! I don't want it! Like your grandma said, I'm not cut out for this, and I don't even want to be cut out for it! I'd rather go back to my regular life, the day before all this! *Mason had to take a long breath in, the stress having finally gotten to him, having finally come out despite his best efforts to keep it bottled up. And yet, he still didn't feel any better about it. Not even a little

"Cleanings more of Mason's thing" Sammy replied dryly as she turned back to her regardless, going back to her, "And of course she didn't tell us about how this place works. What, is it like a dimension of it's own or something?" Sammy asked now, getting a bit more frustrated again

Leo didn't even bother to respond to Ms. Park at her response. He understood, but he knew that he was going to have to get the answers straight from her, whether she liked it or not. In the mean time, he remained silent, letting Abel get the answers that her needed, leaning his lanky body against the wall as he watched the scene unfold
Nicholas nodded at the woman's question, sniffling heavily. But when he couldn't speak, he was somewhat grateful when Abel allowed him the time that he needed to try and do so. "H-her car...w-we were in it wh-when we ended up there. I-I tried to help, but.." His brows furrowed, trying to think back to what had happened before he found himself waking up in the hospital. It was a hazy spot in his memory, but he was able to push a few things to the surface. "The lady...the radio lady–Yoshi? Or something like it.." And then he trembled. "And...and that man..he kept calling us Keepers."

"A man? What man? Can you give us any description or any sort? Even a minor one would do."

"I...I didn't see his face. But...but there were some tattoos a-and his eyes–his eyes were like...fire. Fire that hated us. Like...like when you have a magnifying glass pointed at a ant on the ground. It...it felt like just being by him was..." And without a lack of words that he could use, he stopped there.

However, Abel was able to find the words for him. "Like being violated in a way that you didn't know existed. Like your head was burning from the inside out."

Nicholas's eyes widened, and immediately he nodded. The way the man sounded to him was as if he was more than familiar. "Y-you...you've seen him too?"

Abel nodded slowly. "I have...quite some time ago." In fact, he had experienced it first hand years before he had joined the organization. The knuckles on his left hand had gone white from how tightly his fist was clenched within his pocket.

Nicholas mouth was dry. His heart beat so hard that he could have sworn that his chest was going to break. Yet he couldn't stop himself from asking the question that now itched at him the most. "Are...are you a–" He hesitated, his eyes dropping to the bed sheets. "A Keeper?"

"No." It was all that Abel said as an answer, already heading towards the door. "If you'd all excuse me."

"W-wait!" Nicholas's head lifted when he saw Abel moving towards the door.

Abel only stopped for a moment. "What's your name?"

"Ni-Nicholas–"Who are you? Who are any of you?! Monster hunters? CIA!? FBI?!"

Abel looked over his shoulder at the child and gave one answer before leaving the room. "We're the Constables."

~

Jackie was silent for a long moment, more so to bite her own tongue. Her index finger and thumb rubbed together slowly, and she had to stop and close her eyes completely just to stop her own stress from boiling to the surface. She was finally able to let out an internal sigh, and when she did, she spoke. "We all have to deal with even the things we don't want. I understand that this is all frustrating. But you need to understand that we're trying to assist you–I'm trying to assist you."

~

"Something along the lines of that." Mrs. Constantine dropped the plate into the soapy water. "This here land that we're on isn't from "this land". As a matter of fact, this is only what's left. I just happened to be lucky enough to escape with this much still intact before it was wiped away."
HEY WAIT A MINUTE! over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
Angles and parallels is all I'm going to say XD over a year ago
I didn't ask for math, COLA XD over a year ago
"If you're trying to help me, then talk to me about these things!" Mason replied, not in a demanding tone, but in a tone that sounded like begging, like he just wanted to talk about it without anymore stress, "No magic. No crazy travels. Not during an interrogation of a monster that tried to kill me. I just want you to talk to me, from one person to another. Tell me why I'm the one who's got to do this? Tell me why I'm the one who is chosen when you've already seen what I'm incapable of. Can't fight, can't keep from freaking out, can't make any real decisions, and can't even breath without an inhaler. What is it that makes me so special? There's probably other, far stronger magic users out there than me. So why is it that I'm getting picked for this?"

"That sounds...... reasonable" Sammy replied with obvious doubt and confusion in her voice, yet she didn't really know what to expect for answers at this point in the trip. She just sighed once more before adding, "As long as we're back before evening, I'll manage"

Leo, even with his tired expression, couldn't help but look up with a hint of worry, his gaze looking over at Ms Park, seeing if hearing the two talk about this mysterious figure lead her to the same conclusion as he did. As Abel was heading out of the room, Leo gave a sigh before he turned back to Ms. Park, "I'm still gonna have to speak with your daughter, you know. Questions about all this. Things have changed for the Constables since you retired. Most for the worst. Trust me, I may be a son of a bitch, but I wouldn't want anyone else there speaking to her. You can trust me, I won't push her too hard for answers. I'll be as careful as can be, Kyung-ha"
Jackie pinched the bridge of her noes and once again found herself having to get around to keeping her breaths calm as the same questions came to her again. "Yes, there very well may be stronger users of magic in a world where it's so dormant that it takes the servant of a demon to come draw it all out," She said, the sarcasm in her words leaking into her voice. "You're not the only Keeper. And apparently you've been chosen because out of the billions of people on this planet you're one of the ones in this generation that has the most potent connection to ones who were able to stop this mess before. This isn't some raffle ticket drawing where you were picked at random. If you can't fight then you'll be taught. If you can't keep from laying droppings in your drawers then you'll learn. It's Fate."

~

"You will as long as those dishes are cleaned properly. Til then, you can expect a late return." The woman said matter-of-factually. But as she turned to Sammy, she said something a bit...off. As if she knew something that Sammy didn't even know about herself. "You'll come to learn that time is everything. Timing is everything. And dear child, I see the time. Even my own. Its a gift of wonders and a curse of damnations." And as grim as this sounded, still she smiled for the first time while moving passed her.
Kyung-ha frowned and signed when she witnessed Abel step out of the room. She had to remind herself he was no longer the little boy she could hold on his lap and comfort him until all was well. She smiled a little in memory before glancing back to Nicholas. “Come on, finish your slurp-slurp and get something in stomach, okay?” She grinned softly at him. “We are here for you.” Ms. Park promised him. But then her smile slowly faltered when Leonard brought up the question again. Her hand itched to perhaps punch him inside out, but she kept herself calm. “Fine.” She dismissed him with a wave and a small curse under her breath.
Mason was at a complete loss of understanding, a loss of patience and tolerance. He would never say what he would say next, but he was not in the right state of mind. Letting his frustration get the better of him, Mason asked in a cold tone, "What if I refuse? What if I tell you I'm not doing this? What happens then? What if I just tell fate to piss off!?" Mason shouted in frustration now, his calm aura finally breaking under all the stress, unable to take it any longer

Sammy rolled her eyes at her first response, but at her sudden second one, Sammy had to take a look back at the old woman in a slightly surprised state, watching as she passed by her with a grin on her face, forcing Sammy to just ask, "Uh.... what does that mean exactly?"

Leonard could see the frustration in Ms. Parks face as he stepped out of the room, not even looking her in the face as he spoke to her, "You know that I don't like asking these questions. But if she were to refuse with any of these "new" Constables, they'd get the info out of her, one way or another. I came when I saw the last name on the form. Say what you will about me, Kyung-ha, I really don't care what your thoughts are about me. But consider this me paying you back for the times you saved my ass back when we were working together.
"Then you'll find that fate is not something to treat as a game." Jackie answered. "You'll find that fate has a cruel way of making balance work. And in the end, you refusing will accomplish nothing but the death of everyone and everything around you. The blood of this world will be on your hands."

~

"Ah! That's quite an interesting question isn't it? The first you've asked all night." Mrs. Constantine chuckled to herself as she returned to the living room. "It means that even all the time in the world won't stop what's coming. And so every thing that I have done and will do within the time I have will have a time and place. Such as now. Come and sit, and let me tell you why you're here."

~

Nicholas's head was crammed with so many questions now that he just felt...exhausted. He felt as if he was going to vomit again. And as the man and the woman were exchanging words, he simply sat the slushy aside and sluggishly laid himself down with his back facing everyone else. The Constables? Something about it made him feel at least safer knowing that there were people who not only knew about what he had seen, but hunted them as well.

However, this was not enough for the young boy, for a seed of hatred had begun to bury deep into his heart.
Allow me to post in Jade's stead *ahem* over a year ago
A HATRED FOR KOREANS, MAYBE!!!!!! >:( over a year ago
Was that accurate enough XD over a year ago
"Yeah, now that's the real statement I was looking for. Why the hell am I here?!" Sammy added as she followed behind the old woman, taking her own gloves off after finishing with the dishes, "I mean, it's not like I have any magic powers..... I mean, do I? If so, tell me so I can start practicing right now. That would be totally awesome!"

Mason put his hands on his shoulders, shaking his head at her response, "Of course it does" He said under his breath in a defeated tone, trying his best now to not break down completely in a fit of absolute stress before he added, "You know... I'm not like you. I had a life that didn't involve all this a few moments ago. You can't expect me to just take all this and go, "Okay, sure, this is my life now". It wasn't much before, I get that... but it was something, dammit!" Mason replied as he turned away from her, looking back into the forests with his arms crossed, "And as sad as it is, my interaction with that mantibat as you call it was probably the most calming encounter I had tonight. No conversations needed, just.... interaction in total silence, let whatever happens happen on it's own. Even if he ate me, it would've been less stressful than dealing with all this! You weren't much help with your brash attitude to the situation, forcing your magic in front of me in my panicked state and all coming here did just brought more anguish onto my mind. You can't expect me to just take all this casually! I don't live the same life you two do, you know that?!" Mason replied, though it was only to keep him from breaking down hard again. He didn't know what Jackie thought, but he doubted she would understand his struggles. His hand was over his face now, doing what little he could, which was not much, to hide the unaccountable stress that was starting to fill his mind now
Kyung-ha ignored Leonard's words while cursing internally to herself. She eyed Nicholas for a few more minutes before eventually tugging some on the blanket to ensure it was well on him. "Rest." Was all she could say. The woman glanced at the slurpee and nodded to herself, for he had drunken enough of it for the healing properties to take an effect unlike any medication the hospital could provide. It began with a numbness that soothed to an icing feeling of comfort and repair. Kyung-ha stood there for a couple more seconds, picturing that it could have been her son if fate wanted so. She finally sighed. "We'll be outside." She informed him before making her way out.
Okay, Jade, you don't get to feel harassed anymore. It's clearly me that is harassed by you XD over a year ago
"It's wishful thinking at best," Mrs. Constantine replied while sitting down in her armchair. "Before I begin, I will forewarn you that this conversation will not leave these walls, nor will it leave either of us. It is essential that it doesn't or all will be lost after I no longer draw life."

~

Jackie, as much as she tried, was unable to keep it down. "And what? You think standing here complaining and twiddling your thumbs in your ass is going to change anything? You think I chose this life for myself?! You think I just awoke one day under a sunny sky and knew all about what I was doing? You think that I wanted this life? You think I got down on my knees and begged to have magic or anything of the sort?!" She gave a snort of disgust. "No! No I didn't–But I learned to utilize and made the most of it. The only thing I've heard from you all night is complaining about every single solitary thing as if you're the only one who's ever had some sense of normalcy! How self-centered can you possibly be? You think you're the only one under pressure? Under stress? Tired? Wondering what is going to have to be done next? Give me a break! No one expected you to take anything casually! That's why we were willing to teach you. You do understand the definition of the word teach don't you? Or does that make you want to just up and faint like a sissy as well?" And now she couldn't stop herself, before she even knew it herself she was fuming. "You want to talk about what's sad? What's sad is that a blonde woman has the balls that you should have! You don't think she's afraid? Just as frightened as you are? Yet she's been defending you around every corner so far while you sulk in your self-pity. You keep going on and on about how everything's happened in such a short amount of time yet you're still standing here in one piece." The more she spoke, the more aggravated she became. "And for as much whining that you've been on with, I didn't even get a thank you for even attempting to help you get through this mess of a situation OR for putting my life on the line to make sure you were even able to get here! I came ten miles JUST TO FIND YOU. Oh but gods forbid you have a calling for doing something greater than sweating in a gods damn van driving around writing stories about the very thing that you've been BITCHING about! For gods sake wake up and smell the hypothetical coffee and BE A MAN for once in your life and not the loser who's always looking for a woman to do it for him–" Her head snapped towards the sound of the unknown beasts snarling at the sky again. "Oh BE QUITE!" She shook her head and turned around, heading back towards the cabin muttering to herself. "I can't beLIEVE I cancelled reservations for this–embarrassing!"

~

Nicholas was barely able to hear Kyung-ha's words through the grogginess that finally began to when the battle over him. His eyelids were growing heavier and heavier to where not even the lingering thoughts of the creature could stop them from closing completely. The sounds of the hospital eased away from him until eventually he was fast asleep. From one nightmare to another.
"That's..... grim" Sammy could only reply as she sat across from her, finding some form of comfort as she tried her best to relax with the older woman before adding, "Okay, you got my word. I'll keep this between us"

Mason felt a from of frustration rising inside of him, and yet, despite wanting to call out to her, despite wanting to argue, he gave a sigh and replied, "I'm sorry" He said. He wasn't sure it if was his genuine guilt or if it was because he was far too forgiving to give in, but he responded, "I just... Didn't know. Look, Jackie.... It's been a long day for the both of us.... I just... Don't know what the hell to think about all this.... Hell, I'm scared out of my damn wits" Mason replied with a sense of dread in his voice, looking up at Jackie now, "To be honest, I am kind of thankful. I had no real interest in continuing the dull life I've been leading. I was hoping for something new in my life. I just.... Didn't think it would be something like this, that's all". Mason scratched the back of his head in an awkward manner before adding, "Look, I'm... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to blame you. I know you're only doing what you have to. And... I do thank you for saving my ass. And... I do mean that. Seriously. It's... just been a long night for us, I think we can agree". Mason replied again before he stepped forward, "Look, I want to do what I can to help people with this power I have. If I can use it for some good, I will, and I doubt I can learn that without the your help. So... If you're willing to help me, I appreciate it. That is, if you'll help. Can't say I'll blame you if you don't wanna. I doubt I've been the most pleasant guest you've brought over" Mason gave a light chuckle, but reading the situation, he replied with an awkward grimace, "T-That was a joke, by the way"

As soon as Kyung-ha made her way outside, Leo stood out there, finally able to light his cigarette, making sure no nurses were around before speaking, "You hate me, don't you, Kyung-ha?" He replied with a slight grimace on his face, letting the smoke escape his lips as he let out an exhale of smoke before he added, "Can't say I blame you. The brash, hot headed man always running in for the kind-hearted, considerate one to rush in and keep him from losing his marbles. I understand if you hate me. I'm not exactly a perfect picture for Constables. I mean..... fuck, I'm a lonely chain smoker and borderline alcoholic who can only find joys in the small things in life, and despite hating everything about his job, from the misery it brings from the innocent lives ruined to the assholes that work there, I've become one jaded motherfucker. Can't say I blame you for hating my guts. Wish I could go back to our youth, where we had more hope for the future, where you were always there to keep me from killing myself, rushing in and doing something nuts. But those days are gone and done, sad to say* He took a long drag on his cigarette, not once looking over at her, feeling some relief to do so while away from Nicholas, as a cloud of smoke escaped his lips before he added, "Those kids of yours are gems, Kyung-Ha. I mean that, really. I know I'm the last person you wanna hear that from, but I do mean it. They're some real damn treasures. I meant what I said. I don't want harm comin' to them. For your sake. Being partners with you, it kept me sane for at least a few years. Least I can do is return the favor and show some compassion to your daughter. Any other Constable wouldn't hesitate to force the info out of her. Hate to say it, but those new rules make Constables a fuckin' joke .Makes me wanna fuckin' puke. But... I guess I don't have the guts to leave like you do" Leo took another long drag on his cigarette, still not turning to look at Kyung-ha, but his words still held some sort of sympathy, some form of humanity in the years that had rendered him soulless, his heart blackened like coal.
Boy I write a lot when drunk. I should drink more often XD over a year ago
That said, please forgive grammar errors or the fact that these sound borderline retarded XD over a year ago
Kyung-ha closed the door of Nicholas's room, leaning against it momentarily to exhale a deep breath. But that's when Leonard caught her attention, giving him a face of annoyance as she witnessed him smoke. She listened closely and quietly, reserving petty commentary to herself. "I no want to talk about this." She finally said. However, she sighed seconds later. "But thank you." She said in regards to the compliments of her children. "Now stop telling baby story and throw out cigarette.... And it's Ms. Park." She corrected him. The older woman looked at her surroundings, her glassy eyes now on the dead bodies that were being transported from on sight to another. Her upper lip twitched at the sound of agonizing screaming from other nearby patients, some in which needed urgent medical care without any rooms available. And that's when her brows furrowed in thought, quickly rushing herself to Yoon's room. "Interview outside." Kyung-ha notified Leonard. She opened the doors rather hastily to her daughter's room. "Up, get up!"

Yoon jolted from the bed just as she was trying to get some shut eye. There were a total of six empty jello cups by the bed stand besides the empty frappuccino cup, all in which Yoon had eaten while they were gone. She couldn't deny her sugar craving whenever she was in stressful situations. Strangely, the boiling blisters on her arms no longer were as painful as they once were when she finished drinking the chai tea. "w-w-what?" Yoon asked a little groggily as to why her mom was making her get up.

"Real people out there need help and you selfish just here eating jello!" Kyung-ha reprimanded her daughter. "You no hurt anymore."

Yoon blinked in disbelief. "N-Not hurt?! My arms were on fire and---"

"Arms okay now!" Ms. Park interrupted with scolding eyes.

"B-But--"

"Yoon, you no baby! GET UP."

Immediately, Yoon obeyed and got out of bed. Her arms still hurt, but she couldn't deny she was feeling better now. She gulped to herself while slipping on her tennis shoes.

"Drown in pain that's all you'll ever be." Kyung-ha mumbled at her daughter while helping her walk out the room. "People out here in real pain with broken bones and you in there eating all their desserts." She shook her head in disappointment.

Yoon frowned some at her words. "W-Well what about Nicholas, he should be fine to--"

Kyung-ha scoffed at what she heard. "Why you try to bring others where no belong, ehhh? Worry about what you need to change, no what others need to change! 당신은이기적이고 아이들처럼 행동합니다---" She continued to repeat while freeing the room so that another person could attend.
No, Jackie tried to tell herself while Mason was speaking to her. She didn't want to, but gradually she found the anger that she felt teetering on edge until it fell into a plummet. She wanted to stay angry but found herself snickering at his attempt at a joke. She covered her face with her hand for a moment, letting out a sigh as what was left of her anger was left to crumble. "Mason I apologize as well," She said, looking over at him. "I should be the level-headed one here, especially with you being as new as you are to all of this. Gods know I was almost as anxious as you are now when I was introduced to the world of magic." And though the difference in age from when this occurred for them both was there, she realized now that she should have been more considerate of that. "You're right. It's been a long day for us both. Perhaps after some sleep we can begin things fresh and on the right foot. Without a lizard attempting to chew your face or the extra complications, I mean."

~

"I'm glad to hear that, but I'm afraid I'm going to need more than just your word to take for matters this dire." Mrs. Constantine stated before holding up a piece of Sammy's hair that had been singed by the earlier fire. "We will initiate a pact of secrecy that with disappear along with the last of my essence. Will you accept it?"
Leonard gave her a nod of understanding at her response, "Alright, fair enough" Leo said, putting out the cigarette again, this time throwing it out, being too bent now to be worth anything. But his attention was brought to the screams of those suffering from the massacre. Leo was far too used to this now. He had become used to hearing victims scream like this. That said, it didn't make him feel any better about hearing it. He was ready to talk to Ms. Park again, but when she did, saw that she had already stepped into the room, and he could hear her grilling her daughter about her arm. He couldn't help but chuckle at the thought, "That woman never changes"

"Um, sure I guess" Sammy responded, not too sure what she was referring to by all of this. But she was curious to hear where she was going with this

Mason gave a nod to her, putting his hands into his pockets, "Y-Yeah, I'd like that" Mason stuttered. He had completely forgotten how cold it was out there, and only now was it starting to get to him, "Y-You mind if we head back? I-It's freezing and I wasn't exactly prepared for a midnight stroll in the woods"
"And here's where you will learn your first lesson of magic." Mrs. Constantine lifted one finger as she spoke. "A pact of magic between two individuals is unlike one made between those without it. Answers given must be clear and with purpose, for once they are then we will be bound by the essence that gives birth to what becomes magic. Understand that the essence of magic within itself consists of a very important aspect. Life force. And so I ask you again, do you accept this pact?"

~

"But of course," Jackie managed a small smile, taking off the cape-like jacket that she was wearing and placing it around Mason's shoulders. The jacket curled around Mason's shoulders on its own, the warmth slowly building. "That should prevent you from becoming a Mason-sicle until we make it back."
"Yes, yes, I accept the pact." Sammy said, getting as much of the info as she could and yet somehow just wanting to get to the point as she nodded in a hurried manner. Of course, she did her best not to anger the woman again, so she added, "I'm ready if you are"

Mason stared at Jackie at her attempt of a pun, before he gave a chuckle of his own at it and added, "That joke was as bad as mine, Jackie." With that, he made his way back to the cabin, walking at a brisk pace, having found, at least, some sort of comfort from this long evening. But he was hoping to get back to the cabin so he could get Sammy and they can make their way back to Florida as soon as possible. Mason felt that he had everything he needed here. He had no more questions about it, no more desire to fight against it. If there was no way to avoid what would come for him, he decided that he would have to stop it himself
Mrs. Constantine closed her eyes for a moment, and she began to murmur something that started to vibrate through the room in a faint echo. The language that she spoke was not of this world, its age

The elderly woman's aura began to fill the room until a soft green light cast itself into the room. The singed hair cupped in her hands curled and started to return to its original blonde state.

"I Carlyle Quartz, enact this pact under the watchful eyes of Yhamiinioni. And may your blessing see it through," Mrs. Constantine close her hands, and when she opened them the revived strand of hair had transitioned into a golden coloring.

The green glow faded, and the woman began to cough. It was a soft one at first, but the second was much harsher. She used her sleeve to cover her mouth, but when she lowered it, blood stained the corners of her mouth and the sleeve she coughed into.
Sammy looked down at the golden lock of hair now, a bit amazed by it as she responded, "Damn, wish my hair was as blonde as-" But she stopped herself when she heard Carlyle start coughing in a more harsh manner, her attention turning to the sleeve of her uniform, seeing the blood come from her mouth. She jumped up immediately, gently but assuredly taking Carlyle's hand into her as she looked at it, "Holy shit! A-Are you okay? I don't know about this magic stuff, but I know this isn't good"
Mrs. Constantine waved Sammy away, still coughing as she struggled for a moment to catch her breath as she left the golden strand of hair in Sammy's hand. "It's fine...quite alright. It may have taken a bit more out of me than I expected" She spoke when she was finally able to. "There's only worse to come for me." And yet she chuckled, despite the expression of pain on her face. "Listen closely Sam, for your role will be pivotal."
Sammy was a bit more concerned or her, despite her laughing it off and despite having jokes about it. Regardless of it, Sammy made her way back to the couch, sitting down again, still with a look of concern on her face before she added, "I-If you say so". Once she finished, she gave a nod, "Okay. Listening!"
Mrs. Constantine sat herself back with a small grunt, her hands resting on the arms of her chair. She quietly gathered her bearings until finally she spoke. The age and tired wrinkles under her eyes were more visible, "It will happen in due time, for as I've said, I have seen time." she began. "Seven months from now...at the time you arrived on this night, evil will emerge from the darkness in which it has been dwelling for so long. Powerful evil. Evil that will overcome the juvenile Keepers. The knowledge of the chosen will be limited in these times and in turn so will be their skill. Their power won't be enough. But fret not, for they will not fall and they will know enough to survive in a world they will find unimaginable. However...I will perish at the hands of this foreseen force of evil. This here land will be my grave."
"I-In four months? S-So you're saying that this thing is gonna come for Mason and who knows who else in four months?" Sammy didn't know what to feel. Afraid, curious, she had no clue what to imagine. How could she, thinking of something she had thought once was completely fake and made up. But here it all was, right in front of her, telling her otherwise. And at the mention of her death, Sammy didn't know what to say. She only responded with a grim, "That's... unfortunate."
"And so it shall be. But my death will bring about the completion of a cycle of awakening. Like the Spring that comes after Winter, it will bring about the blossoming of many things–even for yourself." Constantine continued. And then a knowing smirk appeared on her tired face. "After all, the tortured soul that you will heal will come to show you a..passionate loyalty of a kind towards you. And it may be unlike anything you have ever experienced." But as she turned her head towards the hallway that led to the door, the smirk dropped into a frown and after a short silence she spoke again. "She is a stubborn one, that granddaughter of mine. Much like her mother and even more so like that bullheaded son of mine." The attention of her eyes went back to Sammy. "She is...unaware. And so she will seek to come to my aid. You cannot allow her to do so. As talented as she may be, she has yet to reach the generational potential she wields. My death will spur her to climb to new heights, an in turn the alliance of Keepers will gain a powerful ally."
"Unlike what I've experienced? And.... how will I keep her back?" Despite all she was being told, Sammy could only get more and more questions in her head. She simply repeated all that she heard, shaking her head in confusion before she added, "I have to say.... This is a lot to take in at once"
"You think so? Well how fortunate for you that you didn't have to see and decipher it all." Constantine said bitterly, using a cloth to wipe away the evidence of blood at the corner's of her mouth. "You ask a lot of questions that I'm not going to be able to walk you through. There are things that I myself can't answer. Things that I couldn't see. I'd assume it's because I'll be gone by that time. For now, worrying about how you'll do it is not of importance. I'll have something in place for the occasion."