The Worst Generation That One Gas Station: The Oddities That Stretch On For Eternities Across Timelines And Possibly The Space Time Continuum Which Includes Fourth Wall Breaking And Fuck Why Is This Title So Long?!

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Mar 20, 2020 at 07:30PM
[WARNING]
A WARNING NOR RATING CANNOT DESCRIBE WHAT MAY OCCUR. EXTREME VIOLENCE AND OTHER ADULT THINGAMASTUFFS WILL BE PRESENT.

[VIEWERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED]
[TRIGGERING CONTENT AS BEEN ENABLED(to a degree for the softies)][FILTER HAS BEEN DISABLED]

[PROCEED WITH CAUTION]

"TOGS, a special little place out in good ol' Freeport, Kansas.

What is or are TOGS you may be wondering? Well, its a gas station. The one ou're in right now...yaaaaay. However, TOGS isn't just any gas station. Its That One Gas Station.

That one gas station that's stuck in an eternal loop within the fabric of time and space in which the employees are forced to deal with bizarre people–and things that are...less "people" and more THINGS, and even more bizarre occurrences and events throughout the entirety of the everlasting graveyard shift.

Speaking of the graveyards, you might want to watch out for some of the customers. You know, the ones with gooey red brain chunks oozing from their heads? Yeah, those guys–damn it Boomer, the dog brains are on the isle with tHE FUCKING GOLD! Because they're gouRMET! NO, As iN A MEAAAL! A ME. EAAA–STOP SLACKING YOU. DEGENERATE. FUCK– BEFORE I TEAR YOUR–ORRUURUaaRUAAAAHH!–"

A few seconds of demonic throat clearing. "Please, excuse that. I find employee incompetence to be overbearingly...discomforting, you might say. Anyhow! Welcome to TOGS, your stuck here for eternity, suck it up, I'm your boss, blah blahGETTOWORK!"

And just like that, you were hired. But when was that exactly? Years ago. Today? Who knows. But if its one thing for sure, the graveyard shifts are always....unnaturally long.

(We could use the articles to make character sheets or whatever since the wiki is for the main stuff. Nothing to big, just a little about the character(s). And as always, its good to have more than one, get creative!)

[TOGS Stuff To Know]

- Employees aren't allowed to leave the premises with the only exception being the two ten minute breaks in which said employees are granted exploration around the the small town of Freeport. Those who try to leave town end up back where they were leaving with no recollection of planning to leave to began with. Those who have been TOGS employees for an extended period of time (years) may have a better memory of what occurred previously.

- At the pseudo end of each shift, the shift resets itself to the beginning of the "next shift" in which the employees will remember only brief moments from the previous shift. Each shift has its own scenarios that may or may not end in the same results as the previous, most in which will be bizarre in its own fashion.

- The store is pretty big for a gas station, so plenty of employees, Just a random note.

- Characters that may die during the scenarios are reset for the next shift unless something actually permakills them (those things will be introduced throughout the episodes I guess.
*Those who permadie are pretty much erased from ever existing.

- Not all employees are human.

- Not all customers are human.

- Beware 3:20 am

- The RP will go by in chapters with each one covering different events/scenarios that occur each shift.

-
[b][u][i][WARNING][/i][/u][/b]
[i]A WARNING NOR RATING CANNOT DESCRIBE WHAT MAY OCCUR. EXTREME VIOLE
last edited on Mar 20, 2020 at 10:23PM

The Worst Generation 502 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 251-300 of 502

over a year ago afewseconds said…
"Somehow I really doubt you mean that Hal," Boomer retorts. "And by somehow, I mean completely."

Roux ducks under a fruit that had been thrown her way, hissing. "Oh I'm gonna rip his head through his ass!" She kicks a banana away from her feet and off of the stage.

A distorted "Sawdust in Blood" rises from Rahb's axe-guitar. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEEA­T!

*Waves of heavy metal dropped, and the crowd went into a cannibalistic mosh pit. A truly killer performance.*

"Everybody, behind me!" Roux shouts as the frenzy begins, and she uses her foot to shove an invading zombies back off the stage.
over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Maddy is quick to get behind her, screaming in terror at the sight of the zombies rushing the stage all of a sudden. She used her keyboard as a guard to keep them from getting closer as she shouted over the loud music and the pursuing mosh pit "What kind of rock off is this where the audience tries to eat the other band?"
"A bullshit one" ARCHIE proclaimed as he stepped over to the group, his arms crossed as he spoke, "I lowered public opinion of you so badly that they actually want to murder you. Now there's no way you can disappoint them. I accept cash and compliments as thanks and I prefer payment up front, if you please."
Roux immediately smacks ARCHIE across the head/helmet for almost hitting her with the fruit that he had thrown.. "Jackass!" She pushes her hands out to her side and concentrated. She reached up to her temple with pinched fingers. She reads the energy in the crowd, and all she feels is mindless hunger that was roided up off of Rahb's rock and roll powers. But when she looked at Rahb and read him, her brows raised. "That...explains a lot. So even when he doesn't win he wins by default. Because either he wins, or everyone is too undead by that time to make a unbiased decision. Go figure."

"And those rules are completely in his favor," Boomer says as he watches Rahb float back down onto the center of the stage across from their own. "Alright guys, we've got one shot at this."

"Technically a lot more if this a bust and the loop restarts, but semantics." Roux chipped in, pulling back her foot and to shove her heel into the face of another zombie. "Looks like its about to be our go."
last edited over a year ago
Maddy gulped at the sight of it all, the sight of the zombies rushing them, Rahb's grotesque apperance and how ARCHIE's head did a 1080 spin after being smacked. "So we just gotta survive this until we can get a vote in" Maddy said with fear rising in her chest. But as she watched how Roux and Boomer struggled to survive, she took her keyboard and slammed it back onto the stand with force, her determination set in stone. She looked at the two and she gave a nod, "Alright then, let's not mess with these zombies another second. We'll get that piece of crud up there and break this gosh darn loop"
"Just say swears, you after school special bimbo!" Hal shouted from behind them, using their bodies as a sort of wall to keep himself alive
"Damn Hal, you sound jealous that you don't have tits," Roux snaps at him in Maddy's place, looking over at her. "Excuse the shit from the asshole. He's still a kid. Good show of spirit," she gives her a thumbs up and turns to Boomer. "I'll start us off with the intro to 'Mr. Brightside' and ease into Floyd."

"And the lyrics?" Boomer asks, grunting while using the microphone as a ram to shove into a one-legged zombie that had leapt at him like a frog and sends it crashing to the floor hard.

"I'll figure somethin' out as we go," Roux replies a little to casually for the situation they were in. "I got this part in the bag. You just make sure you don't fuck up, 'kay? 'Kay."
"You won't mess this up, Boomer. I know you can do it!" Maddy shouted, ducking under a zombie's severed arm that was thrown in her general direction. She gave a nod in Raven's direction and proclaimed. "Okay, Mr. Brightside then into Floyd then into the lyrics of the song. I think I can keep a rhythm going on this thing to keep it bumping. You guys ready?"
Because Maddy knew that she wasn't ready. How could she be? But she took a deep breathe, her fingers lightly rested on the keys, and readied herself
"I mean we can't get any more ready than this," Boomer says as he holds up his triangle. "Might as well say that we are."

Roux adjusts her shades along with the strap of her guitar, and then pops a piece of gum into her mouth. As she chews, she smirks. "Then lets rock this joint." Her right hand rises, her fingers wiggling before she brought them down with a hard strum that screams around the room, demanding the attention of an audience, the focus of the crowd that was like a piranha frenzy. She glances to Boomer and Maddy and gave a nod.

Boomer gives the count as he taps his triangle. "One, two, one, two three four—"

Roux eased in the beginning of "Mr. Brightside" just as they had planned with the additional flare of some strings from "A Great Gig In The Sky"

Maddy bopped her head along to the music, her eyes closed as to give her some sort of imagination that she wasn't in the middle of a store that breaks the rules of time and space filled with ravenous zombies and was just listening to music in her apartment. But she knew that wasn't the case. No matter how hard she tried to picture it, her mind went back to the store. And she wanted that comfort. Being back in her apartment. She wanted that feeling back. As the music picked up, she started to play her part on the piano to the best of her ability. Each finger danced around the keyboard with a quick snap of her wrist from one to the next in a rhythmic session
Roux gives a nod to Maddy when they start finding a rhythm that they could both catch simultaneously. She slaps the strings of her guitar as to had her own flavor to A Great Gig In The Sky, along with some disc scratches.

Boomer jingles is triangle in random places that somehow seem to fit due to his instruments simplicity, the focus of his eyes somewhere else entirely.

And Roux, she starts to bop her head more and more. And the more she did so, the faster it seemed that her fingers started to move.

*And for a moment, they had caught the attention of some of the crowd, some in which were another group of undead that wanted a piece of flesh cake from the musical humans.*

Maddy did not even try to focus on all that was going on around her, from the zombies to the life threatening insanity of the situation. Her focus was on the music now, her eyes closed to drown out the world around her and merely focus on the music. Her fingers trailed along the keyboard naturally, letting her fingers do the work while following along with Roux's own music, her fingers speeding up along with her guitar, trying to drown out the reality that was around her.
Roux hisses when she felt an undead clutch onto her sleeve in attempt to reel in a quick bite, only for it's teeth to get smashed into the back of its head when she swings her guitar while in the middle of shredding it's strings. "Fuck off, this dish is an exclusive, pal!"

*That was the cue from a few resets ago, and Boomer remembered it well. The zombie with the Trump haircut that was oddly well tended to for someone that was not alive. Roux making said zombie swallowing it's teeth. They wouldn't even get the chance to get to scrambling to come up with lyrics, thanks to the giant mass of melded undead that would slosh through the store like a sea of flesh and limbs. To make a long story short, Rahb would make sure they lose before they lost for ever thinking of challenging him. But Boomer had other plans this time that didn't involve becoming their undead adult happy meals. Cheating was a game that two could play at.*

Boomer starts to search the crowd desperately for where he had last seen Archie, having to split his attention between that and avoiding the crowd that sought to flood the stage.
Maddy was ducking underneath while her hands kept playing at the piano, remembering the very best keyboard solos of The Doors, Gentle Giant, Stevie Wonder, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elton John and that one Billy Joel song. She thought that if she really believed in herself, she would get a nice tune going. What she got was a bit more of some random notes being played out of fear as she was doing her best to play while crouched underneath her keyboard in panic and fear.
ARCHIE, however, was still finding time to pass out some drugs between the passing zombies, getting some dirty, dirty, DIRTY money from their hands which he pocketed regardless.
"Thanks for your service, enjoy the show. Oh, this goes well with food, you'll love this one."
But as ARCHIE turned his attention to the stage, expecting them to be dead already, his helmet sparkled with surprise as he spoke. "Heeeey, Boomer, you lived a lot longer than I expected. Could you not do that, I got a bet with Hal that you would die a lot faster and I'm kind of a slut for coin, if you're picking up what I'm putting down"
"I'll pick up and put YOU down! Wait, you assholes actually bet—Never mind that, get up here!" He growls to ARCHIE in annoyance. Why did it have to be him that they made their stupid bets on? Why were there any bets at all?!

"Hey!" Roux calls over to them from where she was playing alongside Maddy while also keeping the grasping decayed hands from locking on to her. "If you two dipshit koalas aren't too busy getting yourselves fucked you'd better look alive cuz we got a major problem!"

*The isles had started to be covered in blobs of moving entrails and packed together organs that were riddled with sloppily placed teeth. The blobs moved sluggishly towards the scene, each movement like thick muck dragging them across the floor and leaving stains of fleshy bits in a trail behind them. Whether the undead or what was left of the living, they didn't discriminate as they would melt over and absorb them into it's mass.*
"Ugh, fine" ARCHIE proclaimed as he rushed up on stage, pushing passed a few zombies, even pushing one by the head as he climbed up, using ones face as a boost as he climbed up with a rather chill attitude to the whole situation, hands in pocket and feet tapping to the rhythm of the music that Maddy was desperately trying to play on key. "So what you want, triangle man? I'm making good money, so this better be something important."
"I-I think surviving is important!" Maddy interjected as she was now practically hiding underneath the keyboard, playing it with her hands out and strumming along the keys
"Debatable" ARCHIE replied
"Debatable?" Roux scoffs with a laugh as she stopped playing. "You do know if he or Hal dies all that money is pretty much nothing right?"

Boomer groans. There was always some chaos within the chaos when he was stuck with the three of them together. Separately they were at least already a handful, but together? And that mixed with his own daily series of unfortunate events usually made for a shit cake. "Archie just shoot their damn stage with something flammable with your robot arm, so we can not die and go on break?!" He takes a second to breathe, which of course didn't last long with the next zombie trying to tear at his throat. "Also, everybody might want to duck!"

"Because fifteen minutes is such a break," Roux comments while rolling her eyes. But, she agrees with him. "He's kinda right though. We've been stuck in this one a while and the smell of zombie blood, as fuj as it is to send their heads rolling, is starting to make me sick."
“You spelled it wrong fool, it’s ARCHIE. Also what arm cannon?” ARCHIE asked with a question mark on his face “You guys really like that robot analogy, it’s really weird. I don’t got arm cannons or Gatling guns or secret mines or anything like that”
As ARCHIE was making his complaints well heard, Maddy had to squeeze herself tighter under her keyboard as more of the undead began to make it on stage
“When have I ever given the impression that I was a robot?” ARCHIE continued, pointing at the sun kissed skin on his arm as he rolled his sleeve here. “All flesh and blood and other stuff. Not an ounce of machine. And I won’t stand for this racism”
But as ARCHIE gave it some thought, an exclamation mark came to his face as he spoke “Oh but I do have this”
With that said, ARCHIEs mask went pitch black, standing still with a pure black screen, reflecting all the chaos like a mirror. A faint hmm of a boot up screen would sound before a different voice spoke from the helmet
“DISASTER MASTER SOFTWARE OPEN! INITIATING LASER FACE SEQUENCE IN 10, 9, 8”
“Why does ARCHIE sound different?” Maddy asked innocently liking her head from under the keyboard to take a glance
"The robot head," Both Boomer and Roux had answered ARCHIE'S question about the robot insinuations just a quarter of a second before the other.

When ARCHIE'S screen-face turned off, Roux points and comments. "See? Talking about he ain't a bot—isn't that cultural appropriation or something like that?"

"...you guys are kidding me...right?" Boomer asks, a bit dumbfounded. But when ARCHIE'S screen booted up with a different voice to accompany it, he answers Maddie's question. "Oh that's easy. I think it's because wE NEED TO HIGH TAIL IT!"

"Preaching the quire," Roux agrees again, but this time while picking Maddie up from under the keyboard and then up off of her feet in general to be thrown across her right shoulder. "Alright Cupcake, you might want to hold on tight!l, cuz I'm probably going to do the same." And of course, she said this whole giving Maddie's ass a small smack.

"Heyuugh!" The undead referee pointed to them. "What do you think you're doing?! This is a rock off to the dearh. You can't forfeit until your undead!"
"...6, 5, 4..."
Maddy gave a sudden yelp as she was picked up off the floor and carried over Raven's shoulder, giving an embarrassed blush when she felt herself being smacked again. "I-Isn't that harass-"
"3, 3 and a half, 3 point 5, one in three quarters of three..."
"Forget it, nevermind!" Maddy said as she could hear the countdown coming to an end. She covered her ears and closed her eyes, not wanting to see the damage that ARCHIE's helmet could cause
"Two, Q, Z, Scrunt, Skip a few hundred, ENGAGE!"
The helmet made a small chiptune sound effect before it soon blasted out a large beam of shifting colors that was far beyond the control of the body by that point, spinning around and around in an uncontrollable manner, like a toy car being spun in circles, destroying anything that came in contact with the technicolor weapon

The sound effect used for ARCHIE
"Oh that's some bullshit, you could a did that ear—" Boomer starts but ends having to dive off the stage as the bean whipped and soun around the vicinity with sheer destruction in its wake. To his luck though, he manages to stick his landing quite well. Unfortunately, where his landing was stuck was right in front of Rahb. "....Shit..."

Roux on the other hand had taken up into the air, different ligaments shifting between foggy bats and her arms and legs while avoiding the beam of light. "See! SEE! ONLY ROBOTS SHOOT GIANT HEAD BEAMS—hey watch it!" She yells down at Archie from the air when the beam came dangerously close to catching her and Maddie. "Hope you've gotta strong stomach, cuz this might get wild," she says loudly to Maddy over the commotion, and with a bit more urgency. She suddenly bursts into a smoggy fog of bats that acted almost as some variation of a flying carpet or cloud that zipped Maddie across the hectic scene of blood shed, decay and flying zombie bodies that either lunged at them or were already getting thrown at them by more unreasonably jacked zombies in biker coats.
Maddie covered her head as she could see the different bloody chunks fly into the air over her head and around her as she was now resting on a bunch of bats, her head covered by her arms as she looked around at the display. To see a row of zombies cut down in seconds as a beam of technicolor death shot into the crowd with the force of a million rifles made her duck her head back down, unaware of the whole situation. As she looked around, she called out, “Hey what about Boomer and Hal? Shouldn’t we check to make sure they’re okay?”

Hal had taken the liberty of sitting in the back room while all the chaos had commenced, not really involving himself in the issues and just stuck to reading one of the magazines that had been in the break room, a place he was well acquainted with at this time, preferably oblivious to the destruction that was going on and only turning up the Walkman he had “borrowed” from electronics louder when any noise was made outside
"Uuuugh," A tiny high pitched Roux voice groans from one of the bats that carries her before another pouted, "IwannasaynobutifIdoOOoo, then they might get their asses smacked into paste or eaten and we'd just have to start over!" They hover low, blitzing pass the undead on the way down where they soon coming to a sliding stop in front of Hal with Roux's heels pushing into the ground while holding Maddie in a cradle. She puts Maddy up right, and then slowly pulls Hal's headphones in the most annoying way possible. "Alright Halbert, where's the other dumbass? We've got about thirty minutes before shit gets real and we're back at square one. Any bright ideas?"
Hal looked up from his magazine with a rather vacant expression on his face as he stared up at her, his eyes mostly fixated on the chaos behind her rather than the woman speaking to him. Looking back up at her with still confusion on his face, he shrugged, “I dunno, don’t die. You think I’m the strategist here? No I’m the survivor. Like the great rat of the Chinese zodiac. We’re survivors”
“But… even rats have a rat pack, Hal” Maddie said trying to convince Hal to come up with anything that would save them
"Yeah, and where one eat gets clapped the others will get clapped too eventually," Roux chimes in with an addition to Maddie's attempt at persuasion. "Besides, if Joe's not here then where're gonna fuck off to when you're not trying to do your job if this one ends up being a perma-stick?"

*While the three were working things out amidst the roundabout of chaos that had ensued, Boomer could be seen in the background being ragdolled across one of the toppled shelves by Rahb, who was currently walking straight through one of the shelves like a fake wall and splitting it down the middle.*

"Whelp, found DA #2," Roux comments after turning some to see Boomer being flung across the room. She turns back to the others with a scrunched nose. "Also, is it just me, or does it really smell like gas in here?"
"That's probably because we work in a gas station" Hal answered with the most sarcastic answer possible, returning to his magazine as he tried to block out all the noise to the best of his ability
Maddy was watching as Raub was slowly approaching them, Boomer being tossed like a salad and Hal continuing to be Hal all while she was slowly falling into a sort of panic. She paced around, hands over her ears as she did her best to try and think, "Oh my god what do we do, what are we gonna do, we're going to die and then were going to come back here and then we're gonna die again and again and that's really uncomfortable to think about, I'm going to get torn apart over and over and over, and I really don't want that"
Hal lifted his eyes from his magazine as he noticed Maddy constantly pacing and speaking to herself loudly, turning to Roux and stating, "Hey, you're a girl, debatably. You can hit other women, right?"
Roux blinks a couple times at Hal's question, and then turns her head to look at Maddy. "Hmmm." She turns to Hal and shrugs. "Yep." Instead of Maddie however, she punches Hal in the nose. Not enough to take his head off, as she very well could have. Just hard enough to shatter it. "Okay. New plan. How ab—"
DANGER Her heightened senses warns, the hair raising on the back of her neck. She whirls back around to where Boomer had been flung. She nearly bursts out laughing when she sees him. And then she reads Boomer's mind. "You look like a fucking dwe—Whatthefuck? Oh...Oooohhhh—" She turns back to Hal and Maddy. "Alright guys, new NEW plan. Be right back!"

*A beaten and tired Boomer had pulled himself up onto the top of a pile that consisted of giant fallen shelves and corpses of the "both dead" variety. And cladding his body was thick armor crafted from cigarette packs of all variety. Mostly Marlboros and New Port 100s, with the shoulder pauldrons being the red, non menthol Camels. A horrid spawn from the Convenience Isle, but something, nonetheless.

Rahb, who had began to bound towards the others like a gorilla, suddenly stopped as he hears Boomer's voice over the intercom.*

"Hey you old, mouth breathing asshole who for some reason smells like old Fritos and that one overweight guy who's always sweating because he has a condition that he can't help!" Boomer shouts while breathing heavily. "I...am SICK..of your SHIT! So you know what? Your 28 Days Free Trial...has expired..AND, it's time for your first and last monthly bill." He thrust one of his arms forward, and the large gauntlet at the end of his hand flipped open to reveal a cannon like opening in which a lit explosive cigarette begins to protrude like a missile.

Rahb laughs a coughing, gurgling laugh. "Sahbscription cancelled!" He yells, spinning his guitar axe into swinging stance while in a charge. He pulls back the axe in preparations to throw it with enough precision and force to split Boomer in two, until—

"Yoink!" Roux snatches the instrumental weapon from the undead legend's grip with the help of "Sum Butta", a strange and sometimes living brand of butter that was imported in from god know's where and particularly specialized in slipperiness. She uses his back for leverage to kick off of, turning herself into a swarm of bats that surround Maddy and Hal, many tiny voices shouting to Boomer, "Go For It!"

"Autopay's a bitch huh!?" Boomer yells down at Rahb before firing the cigarette missile.

* The cigarette missile splits into dozens of mini cigarette missiles that target Rahb just as ARCHIE's erratic techno laser beam was spinning back around to hit Rahb directly.
The swarm of bats that were around Maddy and Hal recollects as Roux, who holds Rahb's battle-axe guitar in the air triumphantly before playing a hardcore tune that conveniently summoned a barrier of music and lyrics around them.*

BOOM!

*A direct hit?*
Maddy looked up at Boomer who had clad himself in a type of makeshift armor, not really sure what to make of the sight of it, but she mustered up the ability to ask., "Boomer, are you doing okay? Also why do you have cigarettes on you?"
But her question would be answered when Rahb smashed through the store in a rage, pursing the group and forcing Maddy to try and pick up the unconscious Hal who was knocked form the punch, lying on the floor in a deep snooze as blood squirted from his nose like a ketchup packet. It wasn't until Roux had used her abilities to transform to surround the two in a protective barrier did it give Maddy time to try and stop the bleeding, blood squirting into her face and eyes as she tried her best to stop it. "I think you hit Hal too hard, Roux"
Despite it, Hal looked more peaceful than ever in his unconscious state
ARCHIE had gone into a sort of chaotic frenzy at this point, his body no longer in full control as it spun around the entire store, destroying different aisles and shelves and hordes of creatures as his head spun around like a merry go round. It was only a matter of time before it would swing back around, despite ARCHIEs body being far too out of control now to focus, but would make a hit in the general direction and creating an earth shattering kaboom before ARCHIEs body would fall on it's back, the beam now making his limp body scrape across the floor with a squeaking noise like a squeegee as the beam pushed his limp corpse-like body around.
Maddy looked up, the blood of another dripping from her face and work uniform now as she looked up at the explosion. "D-Did we get him" She asked. "Please tell me we got him."
"Did I? Or did I not hit him hard enough?" Roux asks plainly, taking a second to look at Hal herself. "Meh, he looks pretty find to m—oh balls!" She exclaims, having to fight a little to retain her balance after the initial explosion, which had become even larger the moment the high amounts of heat came into contact with the gas from the gasoline stoves.
She glanced at Maddy. "I'm not too sure. I can't sense zombo pulses, or find any vibrations from their dead ass brains. So it's hard to tell."

*Chunks of dead and undead were raining down from the sky while the two were speaking, the thickness of the smoke making it impossible for the results of their combined effort to be seen. Boomer was also looking into the smoke, and was praying that it had been enough to do the job.*

“But don’t zombies usually not have pulses- Ow!”
Maddy had started to ask but was cut off when a zombies severed head had landed on her head with a hard thump. The many different parts falling around them like a heavy rain, but she wasn’t sure if any of the parts falling was the head honcho zombie himself. She moved forward with the caution of a scared animal. She picked up the nearest thing she had for a weapon, a small dust pan. She approached slowly and carefully as she called out to Boomer. “Did we get them Boomer? Do you see him anywhere?”
Boomer doesn't answer Maddy immediately, and instead takes a closer look through his L&M binoculars. He sees the edges of the burnt crater starting to clear and push towards the center, and he sees nothing.

*As they awaited the sight of the aftermath and the sign of their victory, the smoke suddenly froze. It stopped completely, as if someone had pressed a pause button.*

"Guuuuys—" Boomer says with incoming panic."I don't think that's how dissipating smoke is supposed to work after these kinda things!"

"Oh COME. OOOOON!" Roux groans. And then she sees the smoke suddenly start to be sucked towards a source. "Noooo...." She hears the sound of a wet tuba note. "No no nooo..." She snatched off her shades, looking closer into the smoke.

A figure could be seen within the thick smog, standing as still as ever.
Maddy looked around through the smoke, then to Boomer then back to the smoke, seeing as the smoke was starting to stir. As she heard the blaring sound of a tuba, she looked to Boomer and spoke, “That sounds a lot like ska music. Is that a good thing?”
But as she heard the reaction from Roux, and seeing the figure that stood amongst the cloud, she could tell that that was not a good thing. It was very bad. She was already starting to panic again, holding the dustpan in fear as she already started to hyperventilate. “oh god were dead were dead were going to die”
*While Maddie was panicking, Boomer had begun to panic as well, hurriedly making an attempt at another cigarette missile. Hell, her panicking made him panic, which also made Roux "panic" by screaming in a monotonous manner and running around waving her hands.

The smoke suddenly began to move again, but this time suck inwards as if it were being pulled in by a vacuum cleaner. Just as the last of it was being sucked away, the source was revealed to be Rahb. Or rather his dead undead corpse. Where the smoke was going, along with all of the undead corpses as well as the ones that were still attempting to get a last bite in off of some poor bastard...*

"Is this going where I think its—oh god—" Roux covers Maddie's eyes. "Despite what you've seen and experienced tonight, somehow I deem this to be too vulgar for your otherwise innocent soul."
Maddy felt a sort of comfort in the darkness as her eyes were covered from the ungodly sight of what may happen if she were to open them. As her eyes were closed and she was remaining within the comfort of her own mind, she wondered how did she even get here? Why did she have zero memory whatsoever of arriving in a place like this? If she dies now would she just wake up in the real world back in her apartment in Milwaukee? Would she just die? Would death be a mercy compared to the chaos she was experiencing here? She didn’t know. And she wasn’t sure if she wanted to know. But she did know that whatever was going on, at least she would never see it
Boomer sighs, taking a pocket sized journal from his pocket that was labeled "Things that Will Scar Me For Eternity", and mumbled as he wrote. "Giant... demonic... black hole..Rock and roll... zombie...anus." He closed the book and stored it back into his pocket.

*When Roux finally uncovered Maddy's eyes, there were no sign of zombies or that they had ever been there aside from the massive amounts of blood, dead employees, and the apocalyptic damage that had been done in under a full shift's time.*

As Boomer joined them down on the floor, Roux comments with a snort. "Looks like you got a looooot if shit on your hands."

"Don't. Remind me." Boomer says through clenched teeth irritably, just glad that it was all over for the most part. "Okay...all that's left is to get back to the office."

"Ain't the door still locked?" Roux asks.

"We got a key." Boomer replies with the cigarette missile launcher in gesture.

"Sweet. Sounds like a plan. But eeeh, what about him?" Roux points her thumb to the unconscious Hal.

"....Leave him. For the love of god, leave him."

Roux laughs.
Maddy looked around at the chaos that had surrounded them. They were wounded, exhausted, emotionally scared for life, but they had survived it seemed. She looked around at the mess of things that had surrounded them, but hearing that she and Boomer had the key, As she looked to the office, ARCHIE would step out of the office and close it behind them, waving with a smiley emoticon on his face. “Como esta, bitches. What did I miss?”
“Wait- ARCHIE- How did- How” Maddy struggles to find the words as she pointed at the limp body of the other ARCHIE lying on the floor still.
“Oh well you see a reboot is reserved for a total wipe and replacement into another vessel once complete, the old body is worthless to me. You can play with it, burn it, fuck it, eat it, do whatever. It’s too dead to care, I promise”
“But… well” Maddy didn’t bother trying to question how ARCHIE functioned. Instead she asked a different question, “How did you get into the office”
“There was a spare key under the mat.” ARCHIE answered with a blue smiling face
"Ah you gotta be fucking kidding me—"
"—my fucking god that is bull crap!"
"—Ain't no way that shit—"
"With all these zombies and shit for nothing —"
"—under that small ass mat!"
"—not even fair, I wanted to blow it up!"
Roux and Boomer both complain and groan at the same time, their words mixing over one another's.

"So what?" Roux crosses her arms. "To the safe now then?"

"PLEASE, before I forget the code again or die from severe internal business and have to go through this all again. You just....wait here." Boomer moves passed her and into the office, which was just a plain, normal office. Except super sized.
“Ooooh can I come then?” ARCHIE suggested
“You were just in there, ARCHIE” Maddy said, still a bit on edge after she heard the shouting from the two
“I don’t like being left out” ARCHIE said
“Uh please just stay outside and keep watch” Maddy added as she hurried into the office
“Understood” ARCHIE replied as he took out a telescope from his pocket and started spinning around looking around for any stragglers
Roux shakes her head with a soft facepalm as she witnesses ARCHIE spinning around with the telescope and is left stuck between wanting to laugh and wanting to follow the others into the office.

*Walking into the office, Maddie would find the plain room practically giant compared to them. From the plain fike cabinet, to the plain grey walls, and the plain tan carpet. It was as if they had entered an entire ecosystem crafted from a single boring room. And of course, the only thing that wasn't super sized was the desk that was the least plain thing there, it being a shiny woodsy brown with a leather office chair behind it.*

Boomer had already started towards the desk, it being almost a football field's length away from the door.
Maddy looked around the room. Its size, its interior. It was like scientists had found a way to craft the most boring room on the face of the earth and it was just within the very place they worked. Maddy looked around the room, taking glances back outside as ARCHIE continued to spin in a circle looking for any stray foes
“Oh things are starting to get blurry, Roux” ARCHIE could be heard saying from outside
Maddy turned her attention back to Boomer as she asked, “So is this the bosses office? Uh, where is the boss anyway? I don’t think I’ve ever met him”
afewseconds commented…
ARCHIE is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters XD over a year ago
Windwakerguy430 commented…
ARCHIE is a swell creature XD over a year ago
Boomer had jumped at the sound of Maddy's voice, not having expect her to have come without the others. Or at all, after everything that they had faced. He knows that they were used to it sometimes. Maddy wasn't. After he catches up with her question, he says, stumbling over his words at first, "W-well uh-huh, you see, the BIG Boss isn't really around much—and trust me, you wouldn't want him to, the substitute manager ended up being John. You know, the weird smiling guy you met when you first got here that asked me to train you?"
"Ooooh yeah, John" Maddy said, having the faintest of memories of John when he was present. And as she was remembering him more and more, she turned her attention back to Boomer and ask another questions, "Boomer, I gotta ask another question. If Joh was the one in charge, wouldn't he known something about the night shift and the dangers of night shift and the possible death toll of night shift and all of that?"
"Oh yeah, he definitely knows," Boomer replies while they continue their crossing of the wide space. "He knows, The Boss knows, Hal knows, Roux knows, I know—this place kind makes it a massive point to let us know that we do. These are actually one of the few good nights, to be honest." He starts to take off the ridiculous armor that he had on while they went, but he pauses and looks over at her. "And uh... I'm sorry that you got involved in all of this crap."
“Oh it’s fine” Maddy replied as she walked into the office. But as the thoughts of the day repeated in her mind, the idea of worse coming the day after, again and again and again, she came to a stop. And finally she snapped. As much as she possibly could with her lack of a potty mouth. “No no it’s not fine” Maddy spoke up. “What the flip is going on in this hole?! Zombies, bats, alleged robots. How the funk is anyone supposed to keep their flagging sanity here. And you’re telling me this bat spit is gonna get worse?! Are you ferreting me right now? What the fraggle is this asinine bullstuff?!”
But as she took in deep breathes, she would immediately get her composure back. “I’m sorry. That was unnecessary”
"Wow. That has got to be the most adorable way of expressing finding out about an eternal heck of a place like this," Boomer comments, somehow able to find at least a tiny bit of humor in all of it to lighten the if even only by a spec after Maddy's brief rant. "The zombies are usually a bit more uh....tame, during the other loops. Some of them anyways. Then you have the morning our ones with the needles and the skin poking and that's a conversation for a different day...or night..or definitely any other time that doesn't involve you getting stuck here."
Maddy would fall to her knees it a sign of defeat. Even after surviving this nightmare, how long until her luck would run out? How worse could it get than that? What was waiting for them tomorrow? Or even the morning? She couldn’t indulge Boomer in his jokes as she laid there in a panic before she would lift her head up and dare to ask, “Boomer…. How do we get out of here? I can’t do this another day”
Boomer stops on his tracks and turns around to find Maddy on the floor in defeat. He feels bad for. Then again, of course he did. Knowing where they were, where she was, he would've felt for anyone. He steps to her, and instead of helping her up, he sits down beside her. "We're working on that. And once we get to the safe and end this loop, you'll be walking right out that front door again and back out into the sane world." He scratches at the back of his neck. "At least after your shift ends, anyways."
“So… there’s a normal world outside. I just gotta finish this… shift, and that’ll be it?” Maddy said, looking up at him. She was still caked in blood, tears in her eyes, and she felt like she was going to have an emotional breakdown at any moment, but with the way Boomer was saying it. It was almost like there sounded like a chance of escape. With a nod, and just a little bit of confidence to go a bit further, she picked herself up and nodded, “Alright then. Let’s do what we can to get out of this heck hole”
Boomer cringes physically at Maddy's last statement. He knew that there would be no "we"s when it came to leaving the store. Only her. But he says nothing about it, and instead stands up from where he had been sitting with a smile. "See? That's the spirit," he says, though a little duller than before. Just not enough for it to be noticed immediately. "And look, were already more than a quarter of the way there."
“R-right” Maddy replied feigning ignorance. As she would continue to walk, a bit of a heavy heart in her chest as she did so, she turned to Maddy and spoke, “uh if you don’t mind me asking, how do you and the others manage to stay sane in a place like this?”
But before she would answer, she would hear ARCHIE shout from the doorway, “Well blow me down and suck me now, what good would being pirate esque be without a sea shanty. Cabin Girl Raven, play me a song that would make the greatest of sailors sing”
As ARCHIE would say this he would continue spinning with the telescope up to his eye which in hindsight was doing very little to show him any enemies or even work as intended because his helmet was in the way
The stare that Maddy would give Boomer told him that she wanted to retract her question
"ARCHIE, shut the HELL UP before I make you a cabin girl!" Roux was heard snarling after ARCHIE'S shouting outside the office.

And as Maddy states at him, Boomer gives her a shrug. "You get used to it after the first couple hundred times getting. And after the first thousand or so loops, you just learn to..accept it, I guess. And it just becomes another job with the obvious difference being that it never ends. Not for us."
“W-what?” Maddy couldn’t help but repeat. It just sounded so casual and so plain, the sheer sound of how it was a constant series of madness and even death all from working in a store. How could anyone get used to that. She couldn’t. She wouldn’t. “I don’t want to get used to this, Boomer!” Maddy argued. “This is absolute madness. I can’t work in this heck!” We gotta get out”