The Heroes of Olympus The Son of Neptune

HecateA posted on Oct 28, 2010 at 12:36AM
So once again you guys have the opportunity to get in my head of what I think the next HoO book RR blesses us with will look like.

Before I start you peoples off, I need to say something.
So shush and listen.

When I wrote "The Lost Hero, written by me", I had to guess who the parents were. Well now, I know. So I am following Rick Riordan's version of the characters. Piper has nothing to do with Persephone, Jason and Thalia are siblings and Camp Ceasar Salad is real. For my series of fanfics, I'm following my version of the characters, but here, Rick's versions rule. Get it?

Title: The Son of Neptune
Rating: C
Type: Adventure, friendship, hopefully humor, maybe a touch of romance
Characters: Add, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Drew, Leo, Jake, Nyssa
OC personalities: Reyna, Dakota, Hazel, Gwen, Bobby, Caleb
OC: The Gayle brothers, Karren
Synopsis: After discovering a new world, not so far from their own, Jason and his friends are sailing straight for it, unsure wheter they'll come out victorious or just start a civil war. But it doesn't take the arrival of a flying boat to get the citizens curious. They already sence something is wrong, way before the flying ship docks.

Disclaimer: The story base, character and settings base was created by Rick Riordan, who owns the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Heroes of Olympus rights.

A/N: Hopefully you guys will like it! I got some very nice comments on my random wall poll, so here it is guys! Love you all, you rock!

The Rebel Soldier's debut: link

The Honour in Death's debut: link

The Fire's Revenge's debut: link

Part Two's debut: link
So once again you guys have the opportunity to get in my head of what I think the next HoO book RR bl
last edited on Jul 29, 2011 at 10:13PM

The Heroes of Olympus 3419 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1301-1350 of 3419

over a year ago psalm1003 said…
big smile
That was awesome! Can't wait till u post again! (Btw, do u still give out muffin baskets to new ppl????)
over a year ago Thaliagirl said…
I hope you become a writer!u rrrrrrrrr sssssssssssssssssssssssssso good at it!
over a year ago myth-freak214 said…
big smile
reaaly nice. glad you posted
over a year ago charlierw said…
big smile
as grover would say its baahuitiful

charlierw
over a year ago bananafone111 said…
big smile
Luv it!!!! I really wanna know what happens with reyna and the Greek sword and the tournament!!!!! Can't wait for you to post again. Happy birthday to Ron too!
over a year ago HaloStorm said…
heart
i lovvvve it!!!!! continue
big smile
........... i am speechless!!! just AMAZING
surprise
i am just shocked i love it tooooooooooo much
meh
yeah whats with the wands and everuthing
over a year ago Angle97 said…
OMG U R DA BEST!!!!!!!! but I think I'm going to explode if I have to keep waiting!!! Come on Friday hurry up!!!!:D KEEP WRITING
-Angle97

Btw: HaloStorm plz don't write like a lot of comments just one and if u have more just add to urs using the little pencil below the comment. Cuz if ppl write a lot of comments or spam (not saying ur was spam) HecateA might not post...Thx
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago dman1991g said…
This is an amazing story!!!!!!!!!!Hecate ur an amazing writer, adding the greek sword being used in the roman camp is so awesome. Glab i decided to join the site recently
over a year ago marmarmar said…
big smile
wow i havent been on in FOREVERR!!!!! woahh this story got soo goood :) IM SO GLAD THAT THEY ARE ON THE BOAT! wow... you are soo amazing! and HALOSTORM thats spam, add it all into one comment if youwant to say all that!
YAY TMRWS FRIDAYY!!!!!!
wow dont go on for 2 weeks and aout 50 people join... haha gosh took me forever to read throught al of the posts, but totaly worth it!
dont stop rwriting... ever!
over a year ago Seaweed_brain1 said…
zzz
Umm... Hectae what is ur timezone coz it's nearly midnight of friday here(+5.30 gmt)? Btw Ur story is 'fan'tabulous. The wait is killing.
over a year ago AnnabethPotter said…
wink
It's Fri. morning, and I am sitting here, shaking in suspense! Be quiet, Mom, school can wait... :p
over a year ago wisegurl said…
laugh
She doesn't post til around 4ish here!
It's 12ish now!
So wait another 4 hours
over a year ago GreekRULES515 said…
cool
AWESOME BTW today is my birthday so I'm really glad to read your chapters on my birthday
over a year ago LunaBelle said…
cake
lolz.. happy b-day GreekRULES515 ;)

cant wait... still two hours :(

last chapter was awesome. Sorry that it took my that long to say it !!!
over a year ago HecateA said…
smile

Hola!
So I have a new gameplan this week; I will post a link to the previous chapter so if you missed it, no problem, and there will be a link to the next chapter on its page when it comes out. I think it’ll help people find everything.
@undeadwarrior89 – 2 chapters ago when she started talking to Jason in Latin, but last chapter was when she outright said it.
@Nico – I will not answer, I am smiling because this chapter has a lot of Nico and thank you! I love children of Hecate they are so fun to write!
@Persephone16 – I know the feeling, Internet can suck :P
@psalm100 – There are too many new peeps nowadays.
@Thaliagirl – Thank you, I’m counting on it (and so is everybody who knows me)
@Halostorm – Can you please merge all the small comments into 1, that’s spam.
@Seaweed_brain1 – Eastern.
@AnnabethPotter – You might want to not start waiting in the morning because I post in the afternoon…
@GreekRules – Everybody, sing along! “Happy birthday GreekRules, happy birthday GreekRules, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday GreekRules!”

People who were in the “5 hours left OMG!”-type discussion, please erase, that was spam.
And I’m sorry I’m a little later today but I think you’ll realise it was worth it when I proudly announce 400 pages. Uh-hun! No kidding! So forgive me, but I was very proud :DDD
So I think you might remember last time the Fanfiction awards happened, right? I posted links to the picks? Well this time, I’m posting a link so you can nominate anybody for the 2011 awards.
*note – The Son of Neptune was already posted but “The Rebel Soldier” wasn’t and they are 2 different fanfictions.

Please read this article if you haven’t already: link
Last chapter posted: link
Today’s chapter:

Add
June 21st: The City
Laurels
The night was the best the City had seen in a while, since Valentine’s Day (the Romans have some pretty ‘interesting’ traditions that mostly want to make me burst out laughing). And it would’ve been, but I felt stupid. I’d gone a little overboard with the water-powers back in the arena and I’d actually knocked out Jace Gayle with a hurricane. I’m not too sure where the water came from though… Anyways I’d gotten deadly stares from everybody since, and this was just giving Greek demigods a worst rep. Try being in charge of the reputation of a whole nation of half-bloods when you can stand practically none of the ones surrounding you. So that explained the glares I was getting from everybody. Except for a few people, and I’d practically made Reyna’s day. She wore the laurels of champion and she looked happier than I’d ever seen her.
Supper was pretty interesting. Neil and Jude kept the commentary up and kept coming to ask Reyna or us questions. When the Xiphos came out they were practically out of the building and we had a good laugh. Finally Gwen got tired and went to the commentary, keeping them busy. She recounted the battles vividly (she’s a good story teller) and threw in some jokes that got her the favours of the crowd.
Reyna’s weapon choice was confusing and I thought about it for the whole meal.
A Greek sword. She barely used a Greek sword against me, why swap her gladus for a Xiphos on tournament day? I knew the answer of course; she was trying to make a point. If she were to win the title of gladiator with a Greek sword, wouldn’t it incite the soldiers to respect? To respect the warfare of Greece?
The downside: she’d won the tournament with a Greek sword. She proved what we were in battle, which was the main reason the Roman half-bloods held themselves over us. So this could send out a second message: we could too beat Rome. And I knew who was going to play on that side of the message. Watching them talk on the far side of the table, I knew I was right. The Gayle brothers were onto us.
I’d beat Jace Gayle with a Xiphos.
Reyna’d creamed everybody with a Xiphos.
The Gayle brothers were going to turn everyone against us because of the Xiphos.
Damn Xiphos-kind…
But that wasn’t what was making the night a downer. It was the fact the flight was 12 hours and that the boat would get here soon. I could barely sit still and although she acted natural- cracking jokes, etc - Dakota was getting nervous too. I saw it in her eyes.
Before going to sleep she talked to me alone.
-Don’t worry Add. Tonight or tomorrow, the guards are under order not to shoot anything that could remotely be a ship. But tomorrow I want you to stay in the consul office. Jack Gayle directly attacked you, he’ll do it again and this time I’m scared.
-Sure. I answered. She put a reassuring hand on my shoulder.
-It’s nearly over. I promise. She said.
-Thanks, Da. I said. It was amazing how comforting Dakota could be. She smiled.
-Goodnight. She said.
-You too. I said. We headed our separate ways. I was nearly in Neptune cabin when someone cleared their throats behind me. Uh oh. I turned around.
The woman standing there, leaning on a tree had black hair braided in 2 braids with wheat. She wore a pair of well-worn overalls and a squared red and blue shirt with golden lining, rolled up to her waist. She looked like a farmer, except she was much too old to be in the City, and she reminded me of someone.
-Oh, common boy. Hestia returned your memories and I don’t have forever. She nagged. I racked my brain.
-Demeter? I asked.
-Lady Demeter, to you, nephew.
-What are you doing here?
-Well, both of my sisters have gotten involved in this so I don’t see why I should rot on Olympus.
-Okay… I said thinking “uh oh, there’s more coming”.
-Don’t worry I’m not sending you anywhere. I don’t trust you to that extent.
-Geez thanks.
-But I will help you. Your father would come down himself but Zeus is keeping an eye on him. If there is to be another god to dessert Olympus, it will be him.
-Another god? Who left?
-I don’t have time, Zeus doesn’t trust me much either. Take this. Demeter said handing me something. I took it.
-A seed pack?
-Yes a seed pack. Everything good to a human comes from a seed. These will grow in split-seconds anytime, anywhere, just use them wisely. Demeter said.
-So what are these for?
-That’s for you to find out.
-What? No, seriously Lady Demeter, what..? But she disappeared on me like Hestia always did. I bet Hera did it too. I stuffed them in my pocket after checking for labels. All that was said was “not dishwasher safe” which really didn’t help at all. I pushed the curtain to Neptune’s cabin, half expecting someone to jump at me from behind a piece of furniture. Gods, I was getting paranoid. I threw the seed pack next to the Camp seeds. Why did gods have to be so confusing? Either they want to help, or they don’t, but there was the most common “in between” option.
Act surprised here: I did not sleep in any way whatsoever.
My eyes never closed, I don’t think I blinked. I was like a zombie as I got ready in the morning.
Where were they? Was it a mistake? No. I might not have her name but I trusted that shepherdess. A crash? Complication with the boat? No. There must be a reason. Maybe they’d decided to dock only in day? Gods that was exactly the kind of thing Annabeth would come up with.
I thought about her as I made my way to the consul office. I passed Lark and a few other people who didn’t hate me- and even they looked scared of me.
Dakota was unlocking the door as I arrived. She had her sword at her side and her hair was done in a loose braid.
-Hey Add. She said.
-Hi. I answered.
-Sleep well?
-Not whatsoever. I said.
-Oh good I’m not alone. Dakota said. The door opened.
Dakota didn’t even attempt to work. Her brain was hyped; no way would it would have worked for her. This was one emotion she couldn’t hide. We paced and looked out the window. The legions assembled, there was a sacrifice, and the praetors dispersed with their legions.
-It’s killing you that you’re not with legion 2, right? I asked.
-Yes. At least when Jason gets here it’ll be a rotation. I’m empress on one day, he’s emperor the next. Dakota said.
-Da, you do know about the trip to Italy and Greece, right?
-Oh yeah. But you won’t leave straight away. During that time Jason’s going to get back as serving praetor, and emperor too. Even a few days would be amazing.
I nodded and we stared back outside. Then there was an enormous trembling sound. High-pitched screeching too, like a very angry and loud hamster was on the loose.
-What it..? Is it...?
-I’m counting on it. I said. We were out the door in seconds and we looked up at the side. At the complete end of the City, after the forest where there was a huge field, a boat landed. Soon, only the dragon mast-head was visible above the treetops. Oh gods…
-Horses, common it’ll be quicker and we need to be there. Dakota said. I’m not sure if I nodded but I was running to the stables behind her.
-Get Pacific, I’ll find Jedi. She said.
-Jedi? I asked running down to the end.
-I lost a bet, okay? She said, opening a gate and leading a black mare out.
Master, what is wrong? Pacific asked.
-Nothing Pacific. Absolutely nothing. I said, excitement building up in me. I got on her back in the stables and Dakota and I galloped straight out without the stable boy, Ben son of Vulcan, could ask a question.
Pacific and Jedi could both sense something was important. We galloped straight into the woods, the two mares pushing themselves to their limits. Eventually we broke out into a valley and I went “Uh oh”.
The ship was there. It was there and huge, plated in bronze, fully armed, etc.
But so was a legion. Their pilums were all pointed towards the hull of the parked (can ships park?) ship and they were just waiting for orders to throw, some were already poking the ship.
-Stop! Dakota yelled, jumping off Jedi’s back. Even the praetor turned. Jace… Uh oh.
-At ease. Dakota ordered.
-Ma’am, it’s a Greek vessel. Jace said.
-Yes Jace, thank you. At ease. Go.
-Ma’am, it’s perfectly empty. The daughter of Trivia here scanned for life forms.
-They’re hiding, idiot. I said.
-Instead of facing us like men? Jace protested.
-Because you’re outnumbering them and you’ve all got pilums, they’re not idiots. I snapped back.
-Jace, I said at ease and that is an order, I think he’s right. Leave, now, your entire legion. Dakota said her tone threatening. Jace bowed.
-Of course. Forma! Duos finis! Moveo! The Empress requests a change of plan, head over to the hills. He instructed. Two lines formed and they marched out of the clearing. As soon as there was no trace of the legion moment a trap door at the end of the ship opened and a rope ladder got thrown out. The first guy climbed down, a Latino guy with black hair and a babyish face.
-Hòla, I’m Leo Valdez. He said.
-Salve, are you ship captain? Dakota said staring him down.
-No that’d be that guy. Leo said. The guy who jumped down without even touching the ladder was blond, with a scar on his upper lip and blue eyes like the sky.
-Grace! Dakota said. He jumped over the side and they both ran. They hugged and spoke in Latin their tones excited and energetic, on the verge of laughter. The next person was a blonde girl and that’s when I jumped off Pacific. Need I say more?
-Percy! She said, as if shocked to see me.
Percy?
I didn’t really pay attention to what she’d just called me, because the point was she’d been the one to call me. The fact I had a name couldn’t matter less when I saw her grey eyes and heard her voice.

[b]Annabeth Chasse[/i]
I ran into his arms and he held me tight. I didn’t care that Lou or Piper were there and probably watching. The only importance was that he had made it safely, he was here, that we definitely weren’t going to be separated again anytime soon, and that his lips were pressed against mine.

I’d been waiting 7 months for that kiss and it couldn’t have been any sweeter.

Lou Ellen and Thalia both hugged him and Nico slapped his hand. Jason and the blonde girl were talking in quick Latin when she suddenly hit him in the arm.
-Jason Alexander Grace if you ever leave the City like that again without even telling anybody anything I swear I will do bad things to you! She said. Jason smiled.
-I’m sorry, Kota, I won’t.
-You better hope you won’t! The girl said. Jason said something to try to soothe her in Latin and I finally asked the question.
-Percy what’s with the black eye? I asked.
-Oh, I got punched the other day. He said.
-And that gave you a black eye? What happened to the curse? I asked. He shrugged.
-It was a son of Bellona, maybe as long as it doesn’t hurt or injure me it doesn’t count for him.
-Percy, have you even thought about it until now? I asked.
-Yes! A little. I’ve had bigger things to worry about. He said. I rolled my eyes.
-You’re so blind sometimes Percy. I said shaking my head.
-So that’s it then? Percy? A girl asked. Her hair was long, black and slightly curled. Her skin was olive and her eyes dark. She was dressed entirely in black and her face was dark. She gave Jason a push in the shoulder and said something in Latin before turning back to Percy and me.
-So your name’s Percy? Caleb asked.
-Wait, you didn’t know your name? I asked. Percy shook his head.
-Perseus Jackson, son of Poseidon. Thalia said.
-Well we figured that last bit out. The blonde said.
-Percy Jackson… Caleb mused. Yeah, I see you as a… She froze as the last 2 people got off the ship. Nico and Karen. She met Nico’s eyes and both of their jaws dropped.
-Caleb, what..? The blonde asked.
-Bianca! Nico said.
-Nico!
Nico took his arm away from Karen’s shoulder, found the strength to stay on his feet and ran towards the girl he called Bianca, who greeted him with open arms. She held him tight.
Oh…
-Oh my gods… Oh my gods, Nico! Nico, I… I thought you were dead! She said.
-Welcome to the club. Thalia said sending Jason a significant look.
-Caleb you know that guy? The blonde asked. Caleb looked up and I saw her eyes were close to tears.
-Yeah. Da, he’s my brother. And my real name isn’t Caleb.
-Styx, you’re Bianca Di Angelo! Percy said. She nodded and Nico’s jaw was still down. I probably had the same shocked face as Jason, Percy (Percy!) and blonde.
-But I… I talked to your ghost. I… How? He asked.
-I talked to yours! I don’t know Nico. I don’t know, but I’m here now. I’m late but I’m here now. She said.
She gave Nico a hug. Nobody knew what to say or do- the Roman demigods either. A few people I knew Percy didn’t recognise. We went through introductions.
-Right, this is Dakota Ledécit, Consul to Demigods and Praetor of Legion 2. I know her since we’re two, she’s one of my best friends. Jason introduced. Dakota bowed. Everybody else said hi. I introduced everyone on our side.
-I’m Annabeth Chasse. I said.
-I figured you were Annabeth. Dakota said. I looked at Percy.
-Dakota guessed. He said. I nodded.
-Sorry about the compartment in the boat. Jason recognised the voice and told us to hide. I explained.
-Jason told you all about the Gayle brothers? Dakota asked.
-No, I said turning towards him.
-Not yet. Jason said.
-Probably a better idea. But I’m glad you did it, if he’d have thought it worth it Jace would’ve seized the ship. Dakota said.
-Probably the lack of human presence confused him. Smart move. Percy told me.
-It’s like the Trojan war, same idea. Undetectable presence. I said.
-You haven’t changed. Good. He said. Jason turned at Percy.
-We’ve never officially met, but I have seen and heard a lot about you. I’m Jason Grace. He said.
-Percy Jackson, and same here. Percy said, taking a step forwards. They shook hands.
Then I heard the sound of hooves. I looked as a girl with light curly brown hair bouncing on her shoulders galloped towards us, mounted on a white stallion. She wore Roman armour and a petite and graceful frame, much like Lou.
-Jason! She said. She jumped off her horse and hugged him.
-Hey Hazel. He said. She let go of him and hit his arm too.
-Dude don’t ever do that again! Dakota’s going to explode from stress and Bobby’s about to drop dead and we’ve all been going insane! She said.
-I’m sorry Haze, I’m really sorry. Jason said. Even the punch in his arm didn’t do anything about the smile on his face. She hit him again.
-Hey, I’ve got my eyes on you, Zappy and I am friggin dead serious. She warned. She turned towards us.
-I’m Hazel; Hazel Ducharme daughter of Trivia, head of the equestrian movement. Add you must have a name now right?
-Add? I asked amused.
-Yeah don’t ask, Percy said. And it’s Percy Jackson.
-Percy Jackson… Yeah I might call you that someday.
-Perseus. Nico said.
-Ooh even better, Perseus. Caleb you know that kid? She asked. Someone called her name again. Hazel sighed.
-Someone’s mad at me again. Forget it. Anyways I’m just playing messenger for Gwen and everyone else who saw the flying boat and whatever the black pests swarming around it were.
-Bats. Karen said.
-Wait bats?
-Not aquatic Hazel, don’t worry. Jason said. Her horse fidgeted when the words bats and aquatic got put together and I was hesitant to inquire as to why.
-Woe, Airborne, Hazel said. Thanks for scaring all the horses by the way.
-It wasn’t the best landing but the bats were blocking the whole view. Leo explained.
Someone yelled for her again.
-I better go tell. Hazel said. She mounted her horse.
-I’ll catch up to you as soon as practise is over, I swear. I might hit you again too. She said. She took Airborne’s reins.
-I’ll brace for both. Jason joked.
-Watch it Grace, some guys would kill for me to hit them. Hazel said turning aroun.
-Hey, everybody sticks with training no exception! Dakota called.
-Sure Da, you believe that. Hazel called over her shoulder.
-Hey!
Hazel gave a little kick of her boot and Airborne galloped faster.
-Gods… Dakota muttered. She turned to Jason.
-There’s no use sticking here, another legion will pop up.
-What about boat security? Leo inquired.
-That can be arranged properly from the City’s industrialised grounds. Common, get to know the forest. Dakota said.
Percy took my hand, and with the other he grabbed the reins of the mare. We walked away from the boat and through the forest. I hear the sound of screeching animals and yelling people.
-Don’t worry, that’s the hunter’s side of the forest, they’re not here. Jason said.
-Hunter? Thalia and Phoebe both asked.
Nico and Bianca talked in a language that sounded like Italian (I had no clue Nico even spoke Italian), Jason and Dakota were having a hushed conversation in Latin, the black mare Dakota’d arrived on walking besides them; and the rest of us were quizzing Percy. Except for Piper who was looking at Dakota odd. Oh gods…
The ground under our feet became paved. A maze of houses and carts and buildings sprawled under my eyes. Two kids came and said something in Latin, bowing before Jason and Dakota. Dakota agreed and handed one of them her horse’s reins. She signalled to Percy to do the same. He did and the two kids looked at us like we were annoying stains that would never wash off. I glared at them back. Get what you give. Then I realised it wasn’t those 2 kids but everybody.
-Everybody’s coming out. Get inside the office, everyone. I’ll scatter them and call number one and two for boat’s security until we get to move it somewhere safe. Dakota said.
-There’s been attempted sabotage on it since we started building. It won’t stop here. Someone even got killed. Leo said. Dakota stayed emotionless at the mention of death. The vision of Reagan lying on the ground outside of cabin 6 sent chills down my spine.
-I’ll take that into consideration.
-Common, follow me. Jason said. We walked fast into a building nearby. Jason opened the door and let us all in. A little girl with a blonde pixie cut- couldn’t be more than 8 who was standing there flipping through the pages of a catalogue dropped it, gasped and straightened up.
-Hey Samantha. Jason said casually.
-Hi. She squeaked.
-Dakota might need you to deliver a message. Can you go outside and meet her please? He said. She nodded.
-Thanks. Jason said. She bowed and scurried off.
-Jason, you’ve got power! Thalia said.
-Sort of. Jason said.
-You keep denying it, and I’ll casually inform you you’re emperor, and agree with Thalia. Bianca said. Jason’s face stayed blank. I find that odd. When you’ve got no idea what a person’s feeling or thinking it’s just weird. Like you’re missing a part of that person.
-Lupa really is gone, then?
-Oh yeah, on Olympus. Bianca said.
-For how long has Dakota been handling the City?
-Oh, it’s been on and off. Sometimes Lupa weaseled away, but Jupiter/Zeus or whatever it is we’re calling him at this point always got her back. Then she snapped and made a run for it again. On and on and on, it drove Dakota nuts but it’s been a month now.
We got comfortable in the consul office. I sat next to Percy, his arm around my shoulders and I was so happy to be here at last. The buildings in this place all looked exactly the same; and everybody here looked serious and scarred, but I could’ve been happy anywhere at this point.
Phoebe looked exhausted (she’d passed out on the boat, from the effort of keeping her medallion going; which is when we started fighting the bats). But she looked at every detail of the room and tried to make herself small, as if it was wrong for her to be here. Thalia looked around to register every detail of what her brother lived in. As I looked around in awe, Percy kissed me on the cheek.
-I missed you. I said.
-Me too. And I realised I was about to cry. Percy saw it and looked me in the eyes.
-Do yourself a favour Annabeth, don’t cry. The people here won’t respect you, the soldiers anyways; and those are the people you need on your side. He whispered. I nodded and took deep breaths. He smiled and squeezed my shoulders. I smiled too.
Dakota got in and closed the door.
-Legions 1 and 2 are on their way right now, the hunters are in the woods, Vulcan’s kids in the forge at least for now… And while I’m on the subject; who built the boat?
-Depends why you’re looking for him. Leo said.
-Valdez did. Piper said unimpressed, pointing her thumb at Leo.
-Alright, we’ll need to move it or it’ll face a whole new form of sabotage. Dakota said. Jason looked at her puzzled.
-The Gayle brothers. She said.
-Of course… Jason said.
-Who? Piper asked, recognising the last name of the girl she’d been dreading to see in Jason’s arms.
-Jace, Jack and Jake Gayle. 3 of 4 children of Bellona. They don’t like umm- oh what’s your name? - Percy!
-Or us. Jason said.
-Well… They don’t like you unless you’re mean enough to kick a kitten… That’s not a lynx- don’t say it Percy. She said.
Alright, certain degree of niceness was present, good enough.
-They’re gaining people in the City on their side. What they want is to have enough people to intimidate the praetors and aediles to push Lupa into calling for a re-vote for the consuls. Dakota said.
-Pff, how’s that working out for them? Thalia asked.
-Better than I’d like it to. And you are?
-Thalia Grace. Jason’s sis. Thalia said.
-Oh that’s you!
-How the Pluto did you know about Thalia? Jason asked.
-We’ve been getting Iris messages of different things. And Percy’s memory. Bianca said.
-Bobby figured a whole lot of stuff out, more then he tells me I think but that’s fine. Dakota said.
-But you’re a child of Zeus not Jupiter, right? Bianca asked Thalia.
-Yeah last I checked. Thalia said. Dakota turned and said something in quick Latin. Thalia’s face said it all.
-You’re hopeless in Latin, ‘Lia, which clears it up. Jason said.
-The weird thing is we didn’t associate Nico and Caleb- umm- oh, can I just call you Caleb? Dakota said. Bianca laughed.
-Sure Da. She said.
-Thanks. Dakota said.
-Well I thought you’d died with Talos. Percy told her.
-Talos? Alright, how did I “die” and if I did, why in the name of Pluto am I here? Bianca asked.
Percy and Thalia told her about Talos, but why she was here, nobody knew. I searched my brain for a myth of some kind to explain it, but nothing came to mind.
-We were SURE you were dead. We called you for an hour at least, and Nico’s talked to your ghost too. How did you get here then? Thalia asked.
-Dakota, Bobby and Jason, Jonathan Stargo and Reyna found me when I was 13. It was on a beach, I was under a dock in the shadows and just barely out of the water. They pulled me out, the only thing I had on me were the clothes on my back and this. She pulled a chain and a black chain necklace came out form inside her shirt.
-It was tied onto my sword. I remembered my past so it’s not like Add. I thought I was the only survivor of a plane crash, my mom was Maria Gelus, my brother Nico Gelus had died and I was an unclaimed half-blood… I couldn’t recognise the charm, and right then Pluto claimed me. They let me tag along on their quest until we could get back to the City.
-You ‘died’ when you were 12. Percy informed him.
-Yeah but I spoke to your ghost after that, you were supposed to be 14, how did that happen? Nico said.
-I don’t know Nico. But I remember my real name, my real mom and the Lotus Hotel and Casino, now. I don’t know why our father made me believe I was Caleb Gelus. I mean, it has to be him, right?
-Ugg, what about that place? Dakota asked about the hotel.
-Long story. Bianca said.
-Well, now that we’ve figured who everybody is, well, sort-of, I said (looking at Bianca), we need an update. What happened, on your side? I asked.
Percy told us about the quest. Piper filled in on the first Camp quest with Valdez popping up to fill details or Jason to offer a translation or clarification in Latin, and then Karen made him recount the second quest.
-Gaia tried an accelerant to get to the power she already knows how. It means there could be some obstacle this time... She’ll try it again and she’s waking faster than Chiron told us, she’s thinking elaborate schemes here. I said as everything fit together.
-Oh my gods you are Athenian aren’t you? Dakota said.
-Yes, why? I asked sitting straight.
-Because you are exactly like Bobby and it’s creeping me out. Dakota said.
-Umm…
-Bobby’s cool Annabeth, don’t worry. Percy said. I nodded.
-We can’t stay here for long though.
-Greece and Rome, right?
-Yes, but Nico and I weren’t scheduled to come. Last minute Nico had a dream about Underworld children here… Lou checked over her shoulder to check with Nico.
-Yes! We’ll talk, Nico; and Lou Ellen too. Bianca said, even if nobody except Nico, Lou and herself had a clue what she was talking about.
-Alright… Dakota asked, interiorly debating whether or not to ask. Jason shook his head and they seemed to agree not to.
A guy with black hair and ripped arms appeared in the door.
-Yo Jason. He said.
-Hey Mike. Jason called.
-Sammy came. You needed children of Vulcan?
-And Minerva. First off legions 1 and 2 are at the landing site, right? Dakota asked.
-Yes. Mike said.
-Great. We need to figure out how to move the boat out of the forest fields. Move it to Vulcan’s temple near the shoreline, but sacrifice something to him before. And, wait, what’s your name again, umm, Leo Valdez! Right. First, this is Mike son of Vulcan. Dakota introduced.
-Salve. Mike said bowing.
-Umm… Salve ditto?
-It means hello in Latin, Valdez. Just say hi. Jason said.
-Oh, hi. Why the Latin?
-It’s a reflex. Do you always talk this much? Mike asked obviously not impressed with Valdez.
-No I get worst.
-Oh fantastic. Anna will have to deal with you. Mike said.
-That doesn’t matter now. Mike, you find as many of your siblings as possible, and some children of Minerva and find a way to move the boat without harming it. Bobby stays with 1 and 2. Jason said.
-Sure thing, sir. Mike said. He turned to Valdez.
-Can I get dimensions and weight? Mike requested. Leo dictated a bunch of numbers that Mike wrote on his hand in sharpie.
-We use the metric system here for future reference. Mike said recapping his pen.
-Oh boy. One meter is 39.3700787 inches, right?
-Correct. You might not be as hopeless. Mike said.
-Mike be nice, it’s just different. Go. Dakota said. He bowed to Jason and Dakota and left.
-And Valdez has a brother. Piper said.
-Is he sarcastic? Because I am, and it would be really great if I weren’t a loner. Leo said.
-Mike? Nah, Mike’s a serious guy. Most of the soldiers here are. Well… Hazel and Gwen maybe not but two half serious people makes a serious person.
-That’s how you two manage to sleep at night when you think of 4? Bianca asked amused.
-Legion 4 is fine! Dakota said.
-While we’re talking about it how’s everything going with the legions? Jason asked.
-Well. No new praetors or changes, we’ve added soldiers and I’m this close from replacing Jack Gayle.
-What’s he done?
-He attacked Add, Percy sorry, in the prep room for the tournament yesterday. I got testimonies, it was totally uncalled for. Dakota said.
-This is what, third time he does something like this? Jason said.
-Yeah but he’s amazing on the battlefield. Dakota said.
-Well, if he’s such a bad example for the younger prospects… I said a little defensive.
-We know. We put him in two specifically because we need someone to monitor him and he’d kill me in my sleep. Jason said.
-But no matter who they are or how our personalities clash we need the warlings in the legions. Bianca said.
-Warlings? Jason said.
-That’s Gwen. Dakota said.
-War god, godling. Warling. Percy said.
-Alright… Jason asked mildly confused.
-Curse Gwen. Dakota said looking up.
-Nah you think she’s hilarious. Jason said.
-We all do. Bianca said. Jason turned to us.
-Daughter of Mercury which is your Hermes. She sort-of pawns the Stolls. Jason said.
-Whoa! Okay let’s not go that far, I mean, seriously. Percy said.
-Alright sort-of even I guess. Jason said.
-Yeah, but there are two of them which is why they’re slightly worst… Percy said. It was like they were comparing notes. A little funny, but it made me feel left out a little.
-You should get along with Gwen; she’s hilarious when she’s in a good mood. Percy said.
-When do we get to meet her?
-No clue, I’m not in charge. Percy said.
-Lunch probably once the legions discharge, Dakota said. And it’s only morning training today. Tomorrow you’re back out there Grace, so don’t get too used to it. Dakota said. Jason smiled. He didn’t want to get used to it.
-The important thing right now is that we have all our people. Can we IM Camp Half-blood to let them know you arrived?
-No, Iris is only serving the Immortals now. I said.
-No she’s not, you’ve just got to pay double. Bianca said.
-Wow, raising fare is extremely cheap! Thalia complained.
-Then we cut to the chasse. Who are the seven half-bloods that we’ll send on the Argo II?
-Jason, Leo and Piper got confirmations from gods. Thalia said. Dakota looked uneasy with that before going all poker face.
-Alright, who else?
-I think it should be decided by the praetors. Obviously someone from here needs to go, and we need to notify everyone. Jason said.
-Senate meeting? Dakota asked.
-Yes. Jason confirmed. She groaned.
-I’m sorry you’ll have to wear a dress again. Jason said.
-No, it’s just… Never mind. Well… Look, the thing is, while the boat was being built, people have been turning against Greek demigods. Dakota said.
-They never even met us! How did they know we weren’t brave and strong and charming? Leo asked.
-Well if that’s the image we’re going for it was a mistake to bring you. Piper said.
-Watch it Beauty queen, I built the boat, Valdez said. Then he seemed to realise something.
-Wait, sorry, I’ll shut up and try to act serious. Just don’t expect me to bow or come up with Latin phrases.
-Don’t worry about the Latin, the people you’re going to hang around’ve gotten used to speaking in English when Add’s around. Dakota said.
-How did you not pick up any Latin? You’ve been here for seven months.
-Well I’m not so bad. Percy said.
-Vos forsit have haud informatio quis is opes. I said.
-I have no idea what you just said, all I know are the basics. But you know me, it took me forever to speak Ancient Greek.
-Yes I do, I was the poor teacher who had to endure you, Seaweed brain. I said. He squeezed my shoulders. Good times before it all became a mess. Good times when I’d hated his guts too, though. That seemed to save me a lot of trouble; but being able to rest my head on his shoulder and have his arm around me was more than worth it.
-So even if half of Rome hates us we’ll have to co-operate?
-Well, not half I’d say 5 eights… Dakota said.
-Da! Percy objected.
-Percy, they might as well know about everything. Dakota said.
-What do you mean everything? What aren’t you telling? I asked him, trying to force the answer out of him by eye contact.
-It… It wasn’t much but starting after the quest... Umm… Percy looked at Dakota. Her face remained neutral.
-There were murder attempts on, umm, him. She said. I sat up, looked at him jaw dropped.
-And you call that nothing? I asked.
-Annabeth it stopped it is nothing. He said.
-And? Someone tried to kill you! Why is someone always trying to kill you? I asked.
-Because I’m me; Annabeth it’s fine.
-Who? You must have at least some idea.
-It’s a heavy burden to put on someone’s shoulders. Dakota said.
-They kneeled and put their hands up for it when they attempted murder on him. I said.
-Annabeth, don’t go looking for…
-I won’t. But I bet I’ll come up with something. I said.
-You probably will, but right now we’re trying not to get hated. Let’s keep it low. Thalia said. Percy pushed a streak of hair out of my eyes.
-She’s right. He said.
That calmed me down. I wouldn’t be doing any favours to anyone if I even gave the subject a second thought. The way Jason could read anybody (but Piper’s?) emotions was probably present everywhere, like a predator senses fear in his prey.
-I still don’t get why it is there’s always someone wanting to kill you. I said.
-Trust me, you are not alone. Grace here gets someone else on his back regularly, we were pretty sure you’d kill him or something. Dakota said.
-It’s not that bad, Kota, Jason said. Nobody got killed, nobody is getting killed, and we’ll get to the Mediterranean. He said determined.
-Hopefully. And I might as well say it now, but while you’re all here you might want to stay away from the Gayle brothers and most of the warlings. Just as a safety measure. You’ll have to stay in the houses that go with your parents, though.
-Was a house for Diana built? Phoebe asked.
-It’s attached to Apollo’s. Is that a..?
-Not really, I guess… I’m a daughter of Apollo anyways. Phoebe said.
-And you’re Roman, right?
-Yes. I was a hunter here for a few months.
-That’s something else I’ve been thinking of. To give you better chances at being appreciated around here, we’ll have to give you jobs, like the Citizens here. We’ve somewhat gotten Add, Percy sorry, in a legion. I mean, Reyna made you spend a morning with hers for the past, what, 4 months, right?
-Yeah, a few times.
-And you’ve been helping the farmers with the watering, and hunters with the fishing nets, right?
-Yeah a bit. Percy said.
-We can work something like that. You’ll be able to make your proofs. We can decide right now. You can start tomorrow if it’s accepted.
-We’ll have to do the Senate meeting this afternoon, then. Jason said.
-I’ll pass the message next time I see a messenger. Dakota said.
-Have there been any changes in Aediles or something?
-We’ve had to decrease the number greatly to give legions more soldiers. Dakota said.
-Who’s left?
-I’ll talk to you later about that. Jobs.
-Right, sorry. Argh, I can’t believe how much I’ve missed! The least they could have done was allow contact! Jason said.
-The least the gods could’ve done is what they did. Nico said.
-You’ll catch up, Grace. Dakota said. Phoebe, you already were a hunter, right?
-Yes.
-Can I get your full name? Dakota asked.
-Phoebe Rider, daughter of Apollo. She said.
-And Thalia, you and Phoebe can join the hunters. There are some guys, I don’t know if that’s going to be a problem…
-Yes. They both said simultaneously.
-Diana technically can’t be that offended. I mean, you’ll be hunting and most of them are your siblings, Phoebe. Jason said. Phoebe and Thalia agreed.
-Who here’s more in the warrior category except for Percy, because we already know about you. Nico, Karen and I lifted our hands.
-Nico Gelus, no, Di Angelo, and Karen your name is..?
-Mallock. Daughter of Kratos. She said. Dakota paused at the god’s name, she wasn’t familiar with it and probably thought Karen was joking.
-Alright, and Annabeth Chasse, daughter of Athena. How good are you for strategy?
-Brilliant. Percy said before I could answer. I probably blushed.
-We might put you as half a member.
-What?
-It’s like Hazel, she’s in a legion, but she has a more important job. Hers is leader of the equestrian order, but she’s also in four. Jason explained.
-Alright. I said, not quite sure if I had a choice to what else I was going to say. I had 0 power here.
-Valdez, we’re putting you in the weapon’s shop.
-Good. Leo said.
-Piper, you’re a good fighter. Jason said.
-No.
-Yes you are. I said.
-On Mount Diablo that was good. Leo said.
-Umm…
-We’ll find a legion for you. Is that okay? Jason said. She nodded. Mostly because she couldn’t say no to Jason. How could he not see it? Guys were so blind…
-Lou Ellen. Jason said.
-Yes? Lou said, suddenly paying attention.
-What’s your area of expertise? Dakota said.
-Healing potions, metamorphosis and making things blow up. She said.
-Let’s go with the healing potion aspect of things. Jason said.
-Infirmary. Dakota said.
-You should put her behind scenes in case someone would come to refuse treatment because of her ethnicity. I said.
-Good point Annabeth. Dakota said.
-There is nothing wrong with my healing! Lou objected.
-We never said that, Lou, chill. Piper said. Lou Ellen relaxed a bit, but not as much as if Piper would still be able to charmspeak.
-That’s it then. Jason, I’d put armour on if I were you. Then we’ll show you guys the City. Dakota said.
-Alright. What about you?
-My armour’s being de-buttered by my dear brother. Dakota said.
-What the Hades is it with Dael and butter? Percy asked. Dakota shrugged.
-I wish I knew.
-I’ll be back in ten. Jason said. He got up and left by the backdoor, down an alleyway. I saw a house with a sky blue curtain for a door. I heard thunder from it as Jason approached, so that must be Jupiter’s house.
-That’s where he’s been staying? Thalia asked.
-Yes, Dakota said. The houses here are all the same except for the entrances, most of them are unbudgeable curtains, so only consuls, Lupa, people helped by a god, and the residents of a house can get in. But it’s about as impolite to go on a house that’s not yours as putting your feet up at a table. On the inside, though, they’re amazing. The architecture on some is incredible. For example Jupiter’s cabin; it’s bigger on the inside then the outside.
-How does that work, is it a charm or an illoptical illusion or..?
-The cabins were built so long ago; the secrets are passed from child to child. For the Big 3 houses many of them have been lost. I don’t know, if anybody does you’d have to ask Jason. She said.
-I will thanks. I said. Jason got back.
-It’s so weird, nothing’s moved.
-Well nobody’s really been in there. Bianca said. I looked at Percy and I knew he had for some reason. I’d ask later.
-Well, we searched it once the fact you weren’t coming back alone was established. Dakota said.
-And when was that? Thalia said amused.
-When he didn’t show up for legion training on Monday. We’re used to him going off on his own for some reason. Hadn’t happened since he and I became consul, but hey. Dakota said.
-I never ditched the City that often. Jason said.
-Speaking of the City, let’s get on with the tour. Bianca said.

Hola!
So I have a new gameplan this week; I will post a link to the previous chapter so if you mis
over a year ago psalm1003 said…
laugh
Definitely awesome! Cannot wait till next chapter comes out! Luv ur long chappies! (Oh and yeah I noticed there's a lot more people nowadays its hard to keep track)
over a year ago Persephone16 said…
heart
Oh my gods! That was great, they're finally there!!! 400 PAGES... Holy Styx that's alot. Wow, just wow!
I loved it, loved it so much! Caleb being Bianca...weird, interesting and kool but strange.
Did they kill all of the bats or what, cause all it said was that Phoebe passed out and they had to fight them. And how is Nico fine again? So many questions(well not really) but that doesn't matter cause it was a great chapter!
Heh, Jason hasen't seen Reyna yet, that will be interesting for sure!
Can't wait for the next chappie, should be really good.

You made my week, especially when my Saturday consists of 8 hours of babysitting. Oh joy, oh bliss!
over a year ago ejgeeky said…
big smile
OMG that was amazing!!! Percabeth still just as epic as before xxx
over a year ago dman1991g said…
big smile
This was amazing the way they hid from the romans, whats the deal with bianca/caleb returning after all this time
over a year ago tracytracy2000 said…
heart
Wow that was amazing I thought there was gonna be a whole explosion kind of thing when the two sides met but it was still good. The Bianca and Caleb thing hit me like a bomb but i am still confused about it. I am sure the explanation will appear sooner or later!
over a year ago CarterJackson5 said…
mischievous
that was really quite amazing as usual=) you never dissopoint
over a year ago AnnabethC said…
Is Bianca back b/c of the doors of death? Ok well I think so haha.
over a year ago myth-freak214 said…
FINALLY,back together again. and he knows his name, yah!!
the whole bianca thing...totally suprised me. but i love it
FINALLY,back together again. and he knows his name, yah!!
the whole bianca thing...totally suprised
over a year ago greek_camper95 said…
big smile
that was amazing!!! they r finally there!!!! i was sooo excited!!! oh my gods i cant believve bianca is alive that put a whole twist in the story!!! cant wait till tuesday!!! ahhhhhhh!!! congrats on the 400 pages keep writin!!!!! u r amazing!!!!:)
over a year ago orpher said…
That was awesome. Can't wait for like annabeth and bobby to meet. You actually had me sitting still reading this. Which is like so strange.
over a year ago NicoDiAngelo4 said…
wow! percy, annabeth, nico, bianca, jason, piper, dakota, leo!!!! wow! theres so much i have to say!

commentary #1: NICO! ohemgee! hes ohkay! yay:] he is just so ah-mazing!!!<3333333

commentary #2: percy: he and annabeth r back together?! wahoo!!! yaayy!!!! so sweet<333 awwwwwwwww

Commentary #3: caleb/biance: dayum! i did not see tht coming. at all!!! but i luh-ved it! im so happy for nico...it must be nice to no ur sisters not dead:)

commentary #4: jason: home sweet home:) i cant belive hes finally home...too bad he hasnt seen reyna yet...lol i luh-ved how everybody kept hitting him and acting like it was his fault tht he was gone:)

commentary #5: piper: poor piper:( she must feel awful, and mad....annabeth's right...guys can be really stupid sometimes...(except for my bf josh...hes ah-mazing!)

commentary #6: leo: haha, i luh-ved how he had his same personality, but the roman campers just kinda stared at him:)))))) <3333

commentary #6: random: that was just so ah-mazing!!!! i know i like tell u this everytime a new chsppie comes out but u r seriosly an amazing (i even spelt it right) talented, fantabulous riter!!!!!

i have a question that may lead to something later...but why wasnt reyna in it??

i loveed it!!!!!
over a year ago eldenari17 said…
cloudy
i really enjoyed the chapter, but im a lil confused did i miss the tournament? n i really enjoyed the whole bianca celeb switch!
over a year ago phippi2 said…
smile
I loved it! You have done it again!
over a year ago lebowitzso said…
surprise
Probably my favorite chapter. I loved how you had the whole twist on Bianca not being dead and stuff and Percy finally got his name back. I hope to see some Roman and Greek tension or fights. I really loved it and can't wait for the next chapter.

P.S. Do you want to be a writer when you grow up? Cause you should.
over a year ago mmdr10 said…
big smile
great!!!!
over a year ago daughter-ofzeus said…
rainy
AH-MAZ-ING!! thats all i can say!! your GREAT!!
over a year ago hayaku14 said…
it's 11:50 pm here and I was literally squealing and jumping up and down when da and percy found out there was a boat that fell in the forest. Maaaan, you got me excited reading again. Awesome. Though I was really waiting for Annabeth to make fun of the name add but, oh well. hahaha
over a year ago Idunn said…
heart
I loved it! Nico was so cute!
big smile
EEEEEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just (11:47) finished the Rebel Soldier! It's saved, and typed and I'm grinning like it's an olmypic sport!

419 pages
35 chapters
139,014 words

OH MY GOSH! I am thrilled right now!
over a year ago i_luv_percy said…
That was really good i cant wait for leo to show his fire powers congrats on the book
over a year ago tracytracy2000 said…
big smile
OMG finished Yay!!!!!!! Is another book coming up?
over a year ago greek_camper95 said…
laugh
ahhhh!!! u finished congrats!!!!! cant wait till tuesday!!!! hey r u gonna post the next book?? please do!!!!;)
over a year ago CarterJackson5 said…
mischievous
Great job HecateA i dont think any of RR's books are even that long=)
over a year ago dementorskissox said…
big smile
AWESOME job HecateA! Those last couple of chapters were just amazing! Congrats on finishing the book!
over a year ago blacktemplar said…
Nice story!
over a year ago seashell7 said…
big smile
Thank you thank you thank you for getting Percabeth back together!
over a year ago Thaliagirl said…
wow! you really write that much!I am waiying for next chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!when did you usully post?
over a year ago Emily_is_COOl said…
-Watch it Grace, some guys would kill for me to hit them. Hazel said turning aroun.

I think you meant around.

I know that was a stupid edit, but I wanted to let you know. By the way, very GREAT chapter. I loved it, can't wait for Tuesday/Friday!

over a year ago jessie0147 said…
smile
Awesome!:)
smile
Hola!
So miss thrilled here (moi) has finished the Rebel Soldier at 11:57 this morning and is pretty thrilled. I was also not going to post because the next chapter was so long, but Lightning asked and I went to check and it ends up being way shorter than I expected. So you can thank Lightning, and enjoy this chapter.
@Persephone16 – Ehh… I’m with you in spirit. Nico is fine because seeing Bianca was sort of like hyping the guy on 20 cups of Starbucks. The bats were ditched by the protective borders and
@dman –That’s for me to know and you to find out
@tracytracy2000 – The way I wrote it is that they all have to listen to the superior’s direct orders, at least in her presence. So they can’t go all “DESTROY!!!!” while Dakota’s there.
@CarterJackson5 – I try 
@ AnnabethC – See dman’s comment
@ orpher – I’ve gotten that before strangely… Ah, so somebody else likes the Bobby/Annabeth vibes? (not romantic, I will tell you this RIGHT NOW)
@Nico – Knowing your sister is not dead is very nice. Glad you like Jason getting beat-up on, really nice to know. I won’t even go in the guys-can-be-so-stupid-sometimes thing because I have so much amo for that I had to give some to charity. And what is your question?
@eldenari – Nope, you didn’t miss it.
@lebowitzso – I’m hoping to publish in 2 birthdays of mine.
@greekcamper95 – I’ve got 5 books planned (5 is short but sick) and I’m hoping to have them out before the real and really sick version comes out. Wish me luck!
@CarterJackson5 – Yes, his books are most often long like that. LH is 553 pages.
@Emily – yes I did
@Everyone – Thank you for the comments!

REYNA IS JUST BUSY TRAINING HER SOLDIERS SHE CANT RUN OFF ON THEM BECAUSE THAT IS TOO UN-REYNA AND SHE HAS TO IMPRESS THEM, NOT DITCH THEM ETC.

So I’ve gotten started on book 4. I’m on page, like, 5 but I’ll probably restart right now. I like how the action and death start right there, but it’s a little sloppy and eh… I don’t know.
Last chapter: link

June 22nd : The City
Bianca Di Angelo
Back from the dead?
Nico stayed near me as we walked through the earth streets of the City. He wowed at the aqueducts and temple and senate building like everyone else, and so did his friend Karen, but he kept turning back at me worried, as if I’d disappear... He was 12 now. 12, so much taller too… His hair was shaggier and he was probably happier at Camp than at any school we’d ever been to.
I was still trying to figure out what had happened. My last memory? I didn’t even have that. Suddenly I realised how horribly frustrating it’d been for Percy and Jason. It was like I had two sides. Part of me was Caleb Gelus; sole survivor of an aquatic plane crash who’d lost a brother and never spoken about it. The other was Bianca Di Angelo, hunter of Artemis, the big sister who’d ditched.
My last memories were the same. One was of the plane plummeting through the air before smashing in the sea, and managing to make it out of the emergency door after realising nobody else had survived initial impact. The second was being thrashed around inside of Talos as I lost control and realised I was going to die. Which one should I believe? I even looked like Bianca Di Angelo, those subtle little changes over the last months, like my hair thickening and skin turning olive… It was like I’d changed from Bianca to Caleb and back to Bianca.
-This is the cafeteria. The building besides are the kitchens. Dakota said. It’s open for 2 hours at supper; you pop in and out depending on whether or not you’re busy and you can or cannot come. Those 2 hours are all yours and same at lunch, but it’s just one hour. After supper you’ve got until 9 at night to do whatever, but you’re allowed to be up in the cabin until 10. Praetors are often on guard at night and they will wake everyone in your house up if you’re disrespecting orders. Dakota said.
-It’s fun. I muttered.
-Nobody in there will like you, try not to do it. Dakota explained.
-That’s surprisingly reasonable. At Camp the harpies eat you. Karen said.
-We can’t spare soldiers here. Dakota said.
-That explains it. Someone muttered. The two consuls pretended not to have heard but they had senses sharp enough to have.
They led everyone to the forge. Except for the clinging sound of their armour and the merchants, craftsmen and everybody else off duty who were here and there; and of course legion 4, who’d done some more night training (most of my soldiers were sleeping but some –like Lark and Jake Gayle- were out and about).
-These are the forges. Jason said. The forge was an open-building with a fire burning at the far end and tables installed for work, as well as anvils. It wasn’t as well equipped as Camp Half-Blood’s, and much smaller, but this one wasn’t for inventing as much as producing.
Leo took a step forwards and evaluated everything in it. I noticed the tool belt at his waste, it was empty. Weird… The sound of horse hooves hitting the ground came from behind. Leo turned and looked as the cavalry passed, everyone else making as much room as possible. Because the people on horses always have priority (if not you get hit and it sucks to be you). Hazel led about 25 people on horses in the street.
-Watch it guys, don’t kill Grace, he just got back! She told her soldiers as they past us.
-Thank you, Hazel! Jason called. She thumbs upped at him as she led her legion around the corner.
-The Equestrian order is a minor legion. 25 of them train with Hazel twice a week. And once per week she takes 27 soldiers and manages horses with them. The 27 who train change every week. Jason said.
-The idea is that somebody in each legion has a horse. It’s an in-case thing and the praetors are required to include 5 horsemen in the legions. Dakota said.
-Horses are incredibly powerful and useful, it gives height and speed, and there are also elephants. Jason said.
-Woe! Elephants? Karen asked.
-I thought that was a Persian and Indian thing? Piper said.
-Greece did it too, Alexander the Great was so impressed by how much damage the Indians and Persians managed to do, they started. We just don’t have the weather to accommodate elephants at Camp, and we aren’t as much of a place of war as we are of a place of building. Annabeth said.
-Rome conquered Persia and the Greece Alexander left behind. Rome learnt from what it conquered, Dakota said. And we do have the weather to accommodate the elephants, and the room.
-It snowed last December, though. Percy said.
-Well, usually. That was Khione by the way. She’s still mad at us. Jason said.
-Snow can melt in California too, it really is no problem. Leo said frowning.
-Don’t worry Valdez, they’ll let you lose in there later. I told him. He grinned.
The conch horn for the meal blew and people started entering the City through the now-open gates in its walls or from the forest. Nymphs even melted out, interested and intrigued. Aurae were floating in the wind, half solid like ghosts and dancing like ballerinas (idiots). Hunters came back out, lugging dead game over their shoulder and getting dirty looks from fauns. There was excitement in the air, and I heard wild rumour about the boat as people looked around like it might be hiding. It was probably good it wasn’t anywhere near the City’s industrialised ground.
-Jason, Percy, bring everyone to the cafeteria. Caleb, come help me get everything rolling. Dakota said.
-Usual table?
-Of course. Dakota said.
-I’m on it, Da. I squeezed Nico’s shoulder.
-See you in a few. I said before going back in the crowd and they went in the cafeteria building.

Piper McLean
It was horrible. Every girl that passed could be Reyna. I couldn’t pin a face with that name. I couldn’t see Jason holding hands with anybody… I’ll just say it, anyone else but me. When I saw him and Dakota and I realised how ecstatic he was, just by his voice, I’d feared Reyna. When I saw Bianca, I’d fearer Reyna. That had to be some kind of mental illness!

There’d already been a legion discharged and a whole lot of people in the cafeteria. The talking stopped when we got in. Jason tilted his head to the people of Rome, a fist on his heart and he waved his hand in a ‘carry-on’ way. He brought us to a long table at the end, Percy walking next to him. They were talking about something but I wasn’t really paying attention. There was already someone at the table, a redheaded girl, her hair done up in braids and her eyes bright blue. She saw us and got up. She ran and gave Jason a hug. She was Reyna.
-Jason! Thank gods you’re okay! We missed you and Da’s about to explode! She said.
-I missed you too, Gwendolyn. He said. She let go and looked at the crowd of us. She looked at us strangely as if deciding which ones of us were decent people.
-Guys, this is Gwendolyn Madison, daughter of Mercury and praetor of legion 4. But call her Gwen because she’ll kill anyone who doesn’t. He said.
-You don’t count? Karen asked him.
-I’m not allowed to physically harm him. Gwen said; she bowed to us by respect.
-Who’s Add? Gwen asked suddenly.
-Percy Jackson. Percy said; a smile on his lips. Annabeth’s hand was in his and I recognised the spark in their eyes from the picture in Chiron’s office.
-Percy Jackson… Yeah don’t ever expect me to call you that.
-Done. He said. We sat down and people started pouring in the cafeteria. When a skater-boy type of guy popped up behind Jason, they propped each other and gave each other slaps in the back.
-Hey Grace, been a while. He said.
-‘Been out of town, Peverell. He said sarcastically. He turned to us.
-This is Bobby Peverell, my second. Son of Minerva. Jason said.
-Hello. Bobby said, sitting down next to Gwen. Percy introduced everybody, ending with himself.
-Oh! How did we not guess that? That’s probably nickname for Perseus, right? Bobby asked.
-Perseus? Oh that I will call you. Gwen said.
-Shut up Gwen. Percy said. She grinned crookedly.
-We did guess it but he said no. Bobby said.
-I couldn’t remember anything! Percy said.
-Couldn’t you settle with anything instead of ‘add’? Annabeth asked amused.
-Leave that alone, it wasn’t my choice. Percy pouted.
-You don’t even know how to conjugate ‘to add’. She joked. He gave her a friendly punch in the arm.
More people came in and a bunch of guys went past us to sit to the far end of the table near the wall. They shot Jason and us deadly looks and I was actually pretty scared of them.
3 of them looked exactly the same. African American with ripped arms and eyes of an incredible shade of cocoa. I looked the eldest-looking one in the eye and I knew there was something wrong, his eyes didn’t look right… The 2 others looked at me like they wanted to use the knife at my own side to cut my head off. Their hair was cut in buzz cuts. They looked authoritarian and each on a different scale of aggressive. They must’ve been triplets. They must’ve been the Gayle brothers.
Annabeth sitting next to me seemed to have the same ideas. She whispered something to Percy and he nodded. She evaluated them like I’d seen her evaluate Gwen, Hazel, Dakota, Jason when she got us away from the Wilderness, etc. Back when everything was so simple and he could’ve been mine…
Will. Not. Think. Of. That.
Gwen was inquiring about why the hades (‘Pluto’) Caleb had a brother. Bianca explained as best as she could, but nobody really knew. Then Jason got up from the table. He looked towards the door. I looked at the girl who’d just come in, that he was looking at. I’d said it before, but she was Reyna.
She was African-American and had the same eyes as her brothers. She was covered in scars and bruises and whatnot. Her hair was thick and put up, she wore armour and had a gladus at her side. Her features were delicate and well defined but there was a certain toughness about her. She had anxious eyes and smiled when she saw Jason. She hurried over and Jason went to meet her. They hugged and I felt something inside me shatter. They separated and he pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. She smiled bright and said something to him, then they walked back to the table. She bowed at the end.
-My name is Reyna Gayle, daughter of Bellona and praetor of the fourth legion. She said. Her voice was dry and strict, like she wasn’t going to waste words for no reason, and she was expecting to get contradicted for it and have to argue. “No your name is not Reyna Gayle you are Mary McDonald and you live very far away and not here.”
A few people said hi. She sat down next to Jason and inquired on Percy’s name. She had no problem with it and we went through introductions and Caleb’s becoming-Bianca. She was puzzled by that, but before questions were asked Bianca remembered something and eclipsed herself. The food appeared on the plates, like rations.
Bianca appeared in the front draped in a cloth. She started a speech which I realised was a sacrifice to the gods. She hesitated but added a bit to Vesta, asking for the newcomer’s safety in this new place (yeah right), that it might become a home for us (pff) and for a nice homecoming for Jason (done). When she was done everyone muttered “to the gods” in Latin and dug in.
Leo shut up again when Hazel popped up late wearing a tank top, jeans and equestrian boots, her wand tied to her arm and hair loose on her shoulders. She had a pin in her hair, like 3 frosty leaves and her smile was sad, but she seemed to remind herself there were other people and forced it back again, every now and then. She apologised for being late saying a horse or something was ill.
The food was good and Gwen was hilarious. She determined that Dakota and I were meant to meet because of our anti-friendliness towards dresses, that Thalia was going to jam an arrow through her head if she made any “out-of-town” jokes and therefore implied Mercury to help her make it through however long our stay would be and that Percy looked more like an Add then a Percy.
But I still felt strangely empty, no matter what look I’d plastered on my face. Maybe because I was still guilty for not telling my dad where I was going. Maybe for not saying goodbye in my last letter, or for not going back home for Christmas. Maybe because the Gayle brothers were scaring me.
Or maybe because I knew Jason and the Gayle sister were holding hands under the table.

Next chapter: link
over a year ago Emily_is_COOl said…
I love this:
-Snow can melt in California too, it really is no problem. Leo said frowning.
-Don’t worry Valdez, they’ll let you lose in there later. I told him. He grinned.

And I think this chapter was very good. VERY generous for posting today! Thanks!!! I am HAPPY!!!

But another thing (Yeah, I am that annoying):
'When I saw Bianca, I’d fearer Reyna.'
Did you mean feared? Or I'd feared it was Reyna?

Sorry to annoy you like this but I am trying to help.
over a year ago mmdr10 said…
big smile
I love it, Awsome can't wait for the next chapter!!!!!!