The Heroes of Olympus The Son of Neptune

HecateA posted on Oct 28, 2010 at 12:36AM
So once again you guys have the opportunity to get in my head of what I think the next HoO book RR blesses us with will look like.

Before I start you peoples off, I need to say something.
So shush and listen.

When I wrote "The Lost Hero, written by me", I had to guess who the parents were. Well now, I know. So I am following Rick Riordan's version of the characters. Piper has nothing to do with Persephone, Jason and Thalia are siblings and Camp Ceasar Salad is real. For my series of fanfics, I'm following my version of the characters, but here, Rick's versions rule. Get it?

Title: The Son of Neptune
Rating: C
Type: Adventure, friendship, hopefully humor, maybe a touch of romance
Characters: Add, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Drew, Leo, Jake, Nyssa
OC personalities: Reyna, Dakota, Hazel, Gwen, Bobby, Caleb
OC: The Gayle brothers, Karren
Synopsis: After discovering a new world, not so far from their own, Jason and his friends are sailing straight for it, unsure wheter they'll come out victorious or just start a civil war. But it doesn't take the arrival of a flying boat to get the citizens curious. They already sence something is wrong, way before the flying ship docks.

Disclaimer: The story base, character and settings base was created by Rick Riordan, who owns the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Heroes of Olympus rights.

A/N: Hopefully you guys will like it! I got some very nice comments on my random wall poll, so here it is guys! Love you all, you rock!

The Rebel Soldier's debut: link

The Honour in Death's debut: link

The Fire's Revenge's debut: link

Part Two's debut: link
So once again you guys have the opportunity to get in my head of what I think the next HoO book RR bl
last edited on Jul 29, 2011 at 10:13PM

The Heroes of Olympus 3419 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1001-1050 of 3419

over a year ago LeoV44 said…
smile
Nice starting. Although all the new names from the city was confusing. I had to read the whole thing again to get everyone right. Still good chapters though.
over a year ago marmarmar said…
big smile
OH. MY. GAWDSS!!!!!!!!! that was completely amazinggggggf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­! you are such and amazing writer and i know you wont believe me when i say this but of all the son of neptne stories yours is the BEST!!!! i am soo excited for the next chapter thank you for making my wait till the fall for the real son of neptune not horrible:)
oh and @blackjack: that was probably one of the most spammy spams ever you just made 10 one word comments please dont spam or hecate might stop writing... and i would die if that happened
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago redhawks said…
Thank you marmarmar. I didn't even see that. Wow Blackjack. I'm going to have to ask you to delete those comments or I'm going to report them. Thank you.

P.S. And you had the nerve to tell me to get off of the computer at night when I'm sleeping when you have done something that I have asked not to for a long time now.
over a year ago kaylap1410 said…
I like the series but all the oc are making me confused. I like everything else though.
over a year ago POJO45 said…
big smile
I definetly think you should become an author!You are so talented!
over a year ago monarogirl95 said…
angry
Come on Friday hurry up.
over a year ago mixthealphabet said…
heart
Great job! Friday can't come soon enough.
over a year ago Lightning98 said…
big smile
OMGZ! so awesome!
wow I love the new character Lark! she is soooo cool!
I feel so bad for Percy... he is so confused... and nobody wants to go near him except for Renya... sadness...
LEO IS THE COOLEST CHARACTER EVER!!!!... as you could tell i love Leo...
I love the fact that he is trying to give Jason love advice... yet he has not held on to a girl for like... 5 seconds... i just find that funny
Everone is just moving on... so sad... friend ship is breaking apart... soon... Leo is going to get a girl... and he will be to bussy with her to spend time with Jason or Piper... and the two of them are not talking (yet)... it is just so sad and emotional
Hecate... you are an amazing writer... you know... I am re reading HP and no joke... your writing is very similar to J.K. Rowlings... really... just like the effort that you put into it... and the different types writing... humor, romance, friendship, and whatnot... LOVEIT!
I hope you keep writing threw your life!
Lightning98
over a year ago HecateA said…
smile
7:03- I hit 200 pages!
Sometime yesterday or Friday night- First forum on this spot to hit 1000 replies
Couple days ago - I became the first person to win the Fan Fiction awards! Best HoO/PJO fanfic (Son of Neptune if you hadn't guessed) and Best writter of 2010. Thank you for voting!

So this deserves a celebration chapter!

Piper McLean
May 31st: Camp Half-Blood
Bloody ending
-See? Butch is a nice guy. Lacy said.
-Lacy shut up. I said.
-It’s true! You were smiling… Kumiko started.
- Tell Butch I’m not interested or whatever and let me be.
-Pear…
-Look, thanks for trying, but setting me up with guys won’t help. I said.
-It’s true, Leyla piped up, he’s not that hot, if you want him to compare to Jason…
-Leyla! I objected.
-Pear, we just want you to be happy. Lacy said.
-You’d have to take the pink out of the cabin. I muttered, stuffing my jacket in the chest at the foot of my bed.
-Get over it! Kumiko said.
-That’s not gonna help Miko. Lacy said.
-I’m talking about the pink- but the guy too. No, but really! Piper, you were so happy about everything, and now you’re as gloomy as Di Angelo. Talk to him. Be friends with him. It’s better than nothing. Kumiko said.
-Thanks. I said hopping this would get them off my case. But see, the thing about my sisters is that they scream when they see bugs or Connor Stoll (deep down 3 of them love him), but they are feisty and persistent as Hades.
-Pear, really? Lacy asked lifting an eyebrow.
-Yeah, really. I’m going to go get some air. I said. I grabbed my snowboarding jacket and walked out of the cabin leaving my sisters in the dust. Where was I supposed to go now? Not in the cabin, and it was nearly nightfall. The harpies would come out, and I place harpies in the top 10 things who’s teeth I don’t want the near me.
I bolted for the forges. There was always someone there, and I had Katoptris on me so intentions that I wanted to help could be lied/charm speaked about without too much off an effort (yeah, harpies can be charmspeaked- don’t ask; all I’ll say is never again).
I stepped through the door frame of the forges and I had Clarisse’s electric spear at my neck.
-It’s Piper, calm down! Leo said. What are you doing here, beauty queen?
-Don’t call me that, and if I stay in my cabin I’m going to lose it.
-So that’s why. Leo said. I made a face.
-We’re setting up a guard perimeter. We’re missing an Athenian camper, Reagan, do you want to take her place?
-Yes. I said drawing Katoptris.
-Great, in the back of the forge next to Annabeth. He said. I followed his direction. 3 demigods were posted on each side of the boat in the forges; outside there must be 3 more. They didn’t seem too worried, one was reading, another fidgeting with wires. There must be 2 at each end, two outside for each end, 18 demigods to guard one boat.
One boat that’ll bring him back to the City… I thought.
Shut up.
Annabeth was at other end, a binder on her knees, scribbling fast.
-Hey. I said. She looked up.
-Hi Piper. She said.
-Leo told me to come here.
-Great. I don’t know where Reagan is, she’s super punctual usually. Annabeth said.
-Side tracked maybe.
-Not her type, but maybe. Annabeth admitted.
-What are you doing? I asked.
-Homework.
-I thought you quit school.
-Not allowed, the school keeps you for a year, no drop-outs unless you talk to the principal, and what am I supposed to say “can I drop out to build a demigod boat?” The only reason I’m not back in New York is that Connor Stoll got on the phone with my head mistress and faked he was a doctor at the San Francisco hospital for rare disease and that I’m gravely sick.
-Okay…
-Connor even came up with the idea that they can’t contact the hospital because it’s an emergency-only line and it protects some patients, in case they call there and don’t find an “Annabeth Chasse” in their list of patients. My whole family’s been programed to answer to that, and they’ve called my dad to check on my health for my classmates a few times. He’s a great actor.
-So, what are you supposed to be dying of?
-Don’t really remember. Don’t really care either. You’ll have to ask him. I might have to shave my head to fake chemotherapy when I go back, knowing Connor that was intended. She said.
-Oh God. I said.
-Yeah, well. If I transfer- since it’ll be the end of the year- I might not even go there to save my hair.
-I think it’s worth it. I said. Annabeth laughed. She was laughing more often now. The progress with the boat energised her, but I could see the possibility of something going wrong clearer than usual. Stupid gift-of-seeing-every-possibility-more-clea­rly­.Pa­ran­oia­, simple as that.Hopefully.
-What about you? You ever going back? I ran my tongue on my lips.
-I don’t know. My dad still thinks I’m at a school. If I show up one day clueless, or never get a college acceptance, he’ll figure out I’ve been somewhere else. And after last winter... I’m not sure I can tell him the truth. I said.
-True.
-I would go back for sure, but then Drew would be head counsellor again. And every sibling I’m close to, Kumiko, Lacy, Mitchell, she’d make sure it’d be a living nightmare for them. I said.
I remembered how happy Lacy’d been when I told her she could go do what she wanted with the shoes of shame. Sure the cabin’d smelt funny-like ashes- afterwards and the nymphs were complaining about something in the lake, but it’d been worth it. Or Mitchell when he’d been able to swear at Drew without being on garbage-patrol for a week. And Kumiko when Drew hadn’t been able to forbid her from wearing the jewellery she makes herself –big, colourful glass, ceramic, metal or clay beads with designs- in public. And then it hit me starting from the 21st they’d be stuck with Drew anyways.
-Yeah, they will unless someone pulls a quest or something in the next 20-something days. Annabeth said guessing my thoughtsé
-Or Drew drops dead.
-Powerful and violent. Exactly Butch’s type.
-Oh, man, he doesn’t… Lacy and Kumiko set it up. They think I’m not over…
-The fact Jason has a girlfriend?
-How the hell do you know?
-Educated guess. Annabeth said.
-I’m starting to hate your educated guesses. I said.
-So you don’t like Butch?
-Well… No.
-Okay, good. I mean, he’s funny if you like dumb blonde jokes and all, or pretend I hope. She shot me a meaningful look.
-Pretended! I will never laugh at dumb blond jokes again, even the island one. I said.
-Don’t talk about the island one, I’ve heard them all. She said.
-Okay, I’ll shut up about them. I said.
-Oh yeah, the guys in my class made a point of passing over each one they knew in detail. They now know the true meaning of getting creamed in every subject. I triedto picture the faces of a guy being creamed by Annabeth. That made me smile.
-Point is; don’t fall for Butch. She said. Then she lowered her voice.
-I know he’s not available, but you might want to talk to him before the quest. He’s coming at the 10 o’clock shift for the block back here. If you’re staying long enough…
-Annabeth not you too. Aren’t you supposed to stay for a while?
-Yes, but maybe I am sick. She said. She shut her binder and grabbed her shoulder-strap bag with her free hand before leaving.
Thanks. I thought to myself.
I glanced at my watch. In a minute Jason was supposed to show up. Oh gods, had he seen Kumiko and Lacy and me with Butch? I was getting up to charm speak Leo into letting me leave, but Jason turned the corner.
-Oh, hi Piper. He said.
-Hi. I said trying to block out all the swear words going through my head. He sat down. Awkward silence… He was just as uncomfortable as me, but I was fine with ignoring the fact he was sitting right freaking there, but the silence was just awkward.
-Guys! I heard someone say. It was Annabeth. I jumped to my feet. I rounded the corner of the boat, and I was out of the forges. I followed Annabeth, Leo and 2 other people to cabin 6.
-What’s wrong? I asked coming to a stop. But I saw it. I froze and took a step back horrified, bumping into Jason, but I didn’t care.
Her hair was sprawled out around her like a wedding veil, just as white, fin and straight. Her eyes were wide open, but had that look to them that meant they wouldn’t blink again, and a gash ran from the top to the bottom of her torso. She was 21, she was young, she was smart. She was getting married in a few months, I’d seen a picture of her in her elegant white dress; and the simple ring on her finger was just more proof. We knew why she’d been late for her shift.
Because the pool of blood was just more proof that Reagan Moore had taken her last breath, and that she had been murdered.

*Here is the award I got, thank you for the nomination and votes, love you all!
7:03- I hit 200 pages!
Sometime yesterday or Friday night- First forum on this spot to hit 1000 repl
over a year ago POJO45 said…
surprise
OMG!
over a year ago magicgirl123 said…
ooooooo, murder!!!!!!!!exiting!!!!!!!!!

you know, when the were running to her, I thouht It was Annabeth........
over a year ago loony4luna said…
crying
that is so depresing who did it
over a year ago PJhero02 said…
ahhhh MURDER!! exciting!! i mean... sad. of course, very sad
over a year ago seashell7 said…
smile
That was the most exciting chapter so far! And congrats on winning the fanfiction award! YOure awesome!:)
over a year ago dementorskissox said…
smile
loved the surprise of another chapter! amazing work as always!
over a year ago Lightning98 said…
big smile
AHHHHGGGGG!!!!! SO SINISTER... SO CREEPY!
wow... i am like hyperventilating right now... gosh I did not see that coming
when i was reading i was thinking... "Oh Jason is going to say how sorry he was and confess how stupid he was for breaking up with her for a girl he could only halfy remember..." then they kiss and everything woud be ok... no... they go over and find a person... dead... on the ground... dead... wow
I realy hope Annabeth does not have to shave her head... just to say... yah
CONGRATS HECATE! I voter for you... just to tell you... I voted for you... because I suport you... because u are awesome... and what not...
So yah...
I really love your writing... and i hope you persue with it threw life... I can make a promise that I will be the first one to buy your first book... no joke
Lightning98
over a year ago blakerose12 said…
surprise
Omg!!! Can't wait for next chapter u are the best HecateA!!!!
over a year ago monarogirl95 said…
smile
That was sooooo good Hecate but now everyone is hyped up for Friday. Come Friday hurry up
big smile
Wait........What just happened.......? I'm- wait? ughhhh I can't speak!!! :O(my mouth) WHAT JUST HAPPENED!
over a year ago Persephone16 said…
smile
Ohhhhh cliff hanger. Exciting!! That was great! I'm a little clueless though since it's 7:43am, is Reagan anywhere else in the book?(even if or if not, i'm guessing she's a daughter of Athena? maybe)
over a year ago MoeSimpson said…
big smile
Amazinggg thatt wass soo gooo
i cant wait for the next cahpter
over a year ago sapphire16 said…
big smile
i luv your story sooooooo much!!! i finally had to join just to tell you
cant wait until the next chapter!!
over a year ago tracytracy2000 said…
Wait... the person in the dress was Reagan right? Why was she in wedding gown. Weird who was she getting married too? I didn't know that you liked horror
over a year ago GreekRULES515 said…
big smile
SO GOOD CONGRATS ON THE AWARD
over a year ago Emily_is_COOl said…
heart
OMG! So much suspence! Love it Hecate! Great Job! You deserved the award!!! I voted for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
over a year ago AnnabethPotter said…
sunny
WOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!! Talk about a cliffhanger ending! How exciting, a murder! BTW, who's Reagan again??? (sorry!)
over a year ago LeoV44 said…
surprise
A murder huh? Never saw that coming. I have to say, murder wasn't something I was expecting from this. Yeah, I know, lots of people die in these books but murder? That's kicking it up a notch. Dying of murder is possible in real life unlike all the deaths that we have read so far. So that's why I think this chapter was especially creepy.

But don't get me wrong. I loved it and personally I don't mind the last part but still... *shivers*
over a year ago marmarmar said…
big smile
that. was. amazing. seriously i am like in shock of how amazing it was and now i am FREAKINGOUT AND SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR FRIDAYY!!!!!!! omg a murder i did NOT see that one coming!!!!!! and it was so dramatic i had chills and it was creepy in a totally awesome way :) oh and guess hwatttt I VOTED FOR YOU!!! you totally deserved a) that prize and b) teh 1000+ views
over a year ago loony4luna said…
crying
i am dying wating for friday.
come sooner
over a year ago sugarcubes28 said…
mischievous
DUN DUN DUN!!!
over a year ago SeaweedBrain323 said…
smile
Hey i'm new to this but amazing chapters HecateA
over a year ago real_madrid_07 said…
big smile
a murder a, this is gona be very good and i did not see this coming
over a year ago NicoDiAngelo4 said…
Holy Frick!! I did not see this coming!! I was expecting a nice little chat about stuff, maybe a few tears but a murder?? Ohemgee!! Yeah, definitely didn't see that coming!! But that was really good, I wonder if Jason gonn get jealous!? I'm kinda secretly hoping so:) i wanna see what he would do<3 the things people do for love<33 great chappie Hecate!!
Ok so I am like really confused rite now but I figure that is just because I haven't had time to read the whole second book yet. But I really want to know how in the world can you write so much. I am on chapter 12 on my fan fic and only on page 23. I know if I went back I could get more content out of it but I want to know want do you think I should do. Then again I just started giving creative writing a chance like this week. But you defantly have an amazing talent. You should be in the creative writing conservatory at my school (it's an arts school. I am a singer which explains why I suck at writing though everyone says I am great. They are crazy people). Have you ever taken class. You should come up with an original story and get it published. I would buy it!
over a year ago Cheesy12345 said…
surprise
W.O.W
And thank god!>>(Piper and Butch not together)
Haha!
Loved it!
over a year ago booksare4eva said…
nice you are good
over a year ago orpher said…
wink
That was awesome! I wish you'd never stop writing . I seriously love your story. Oh and by the way I'm new here but I've been reading your story since before. Your my idol.
over a year ago beckondorf12 said…
Hello Peoples I'm new...
I just wanted to say that Hecate u r awesome...
I probably will have more constructive criticism tho, so hope u dont mind
@Monarogirl~That was spam. Please(I'm asking you kindly)delete your comment. No offence but none of us here really care if your sick or not. Post it on our walls(Hecate included)if you want us to know that bad. Please delete it from here though.
over a year ago Seaweed_brain1 said…
surprise
I didn't gedit. I mean waz da of the murder? But the story is superfluous;-)simply aw-some!
over a year ago dragonsaphira said…
big smile
HecateA that was amazing! You are a truly talented writer with amazing ideas! I absolutely loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago thilahector said…
Hectace i LOVEDDDDDDDD IT
and i have a question how did u get the names of the books
over a year ago partypony said…
heart
That was awesome!
Sorry I haven't been commenting for a while I had other things in my mind.

A murder... wow you're RR now. He writes murder mysteries (I think). You're awesome...
I love it... good thing Piper's not with Butch... I don't think it's a good idea for some reason...
And yay she's skipping school! Rebellious ;)

Awesome as always, keep writing,
~partypony
big smile
Can't wait can't wait!!!!!!!!
over a year ago iLuvMyth said…
big smile
link
so dAmn gOod !
over a year ago Hokies1000 said…
sometimes i wish tues. and fri. were the only days of the week!!P.S i brand new here and i heart yur story
big smile
Ok i normally could care less about spam but monargirl95 that was totally one. Yea we know it's Friday. Sorry but I just don't like clueless comments like that. It so weird because I never do this but idk, today that spam bugged me. And so this isn't complete spam....

I love your story Heate! I can't wait for another chapter. You are one of the best writers on here.
big smile
One more day!!!!!:)
over a year ago Jas55jar said…
big smile
Murder mystery, hmm I wonder who killed her, seriously a murder the last thing I expected you surprised me with it, but it was a good surprised!! I loved the chapter!!!!
over a year ago funkyguy1O said…
meh
@Cheesy12345 im english so does that count as a contient? im sort of west north europe