The Heroes of Olympus The Son of Neptune

HecateA posted on Oct 28, 2010 at 12:36AM
So once again you guys have the opportunity to get in my head of what I think the next HoO book RR blesses us with will look like.

Before I start you peoples off, I need to say something.
So shush and listen.

When I wrote "The Lost Hero, written by me", I had to guess who the parents were. Well now, I know. So I am following Rick Riordan's version of the characters. Piper has nothing to do with Persephone, Jason and Thalia are siblings and Camp Ceasar Salad is real. For my series of fanfics, I'm following my version of the characters, but here, Rick's versions rule. Get it?

Title: The Son of Neptune
Rating: C
Type: Adventure, friendship, hopefully humor, maybe a touch of romance
Characters: Add, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Drew, Leo, Jake, Nyssa
OC personalities: Reyna, Dakota, Hazel, Gwen, Bobby, Caleb
OC: The Gayle brothers, Karren
Synopsis: After discovering a new world, not so far from their own, Jason and his friends are sailing straight for it, unsure wheter they'll come out victorious or just start a civil war. But it doesn't take the arrival of a flying boat to get the citizens curious. They already sence something is wrong, way before the flying ship docks.

Disclaimer: The story base, character and settings base was created by Rick Riordan, who owns the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Heroes of Olympus rights.

A/N: Hopefully you guys will like it! I got some very nice comments on my random wall poll, so here it is guys! Love you all, you rock!

The Rebel Soldier's debut: link

The Honour in Death's debut: link

The Fire's Revenge's debut: link

Part Two's debut: link
So once again you guys have the opportunity to get in my head of what I think the next HoO book RR bl
last edited on Jul 29, 2011 at 10:13PM

The Heroes of Olympus 3419 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1201-1250 of 3419

over a year ago magicgirl123 said…
Cool!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!
over a year ago xArticKid said…
wheres the I Am Number Four chat?
over a year ago greek_camper95 said…
finally!!!!! they finally set sail im soooo excited cant wait till friday!!!!:) congrats on the 300 pages i hope u keep writing ur amazing!!!
over a year ago arobair said…
wow those two chapters were simply amazing!

i just have one question where did you get Evans name from? Id always thought that an Evan OC would be a child of Apollo. short for Evander which is of latin origin meaning archer I know this because iv used an Evan character before in one of my Halo short stories that was a sniper.

just had to ask, Evan is my favorite name (cant explain it)
over a year ago redhawks said…
That was aboslutly amazing! Very good! I love it! How are you such a great writer?? I mean it's not fair! I want your talent. :(

Congrats on the 300 pages!!
over a year ago tracytracy2000 said…
WOW that was soo good. Congrats on the 300 pgs I can't wait to find out how long the book turn out to be. You are very talented. Hopefully you will get to be a writer when you grow up!
over a year ago psalm1003 said…
blush
So as I said before LUV IT, just had to ask if u guys could tell me if my writing is any good cuz I'm new to fanpop and wanted some opinions. Not trying to invade ur forum hecate and not trying to spam just want some opinions. Thx if u do. Keep writing hecate!
over a year ago percyjackson51 said…
The only problem is that it is June 21 that is the solstice
Not July
over a year ago jessie0147 said…
smile
Great book!
When will you post the next chapter?
over a year ago dragonsaphira said…
smile
awesome chapter!!!
congrats on the 300 pages. It must be sooo exciting for you!!!!!
I'm so exciting for all the characters!
over a year ago GreekRULES515 said…
big smile
GReat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago ejgeeky said…
love it! love it! more please x
over a year ago tespar said…
HI!!!!! i'm new but I LOVE what you write :) congrats on the 300 pages. WRITE MORE!!!!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago partypony said…
Fantastic!

Congrats on the 300 pages!

Oh I can't wait for them to get to the Romans! I predict there will be lots of fights, hmm?

And ahaha I guess I'm a little late, but we didn't have Family Day yesterday :(
Sadly, we don't celebrate it in BC, I think (if they do, then I must have a very short memory/attention span).

I like the Artemis-weaving-the-Mist-to-make-her-demig­od-­hun­ter­s-b­eli­eve­-th­ey'­re-­all­-th­e-s­ame­-th­ing­! It makes alot of sense, and it's convincing.

Keep up the great work!
~partypony
over a year ago liverpoolrock05 said…
oh my GODS that was unreal my friend said you were good i never thought you were that good
Great now I have to give her 5 euro
ps im new
over a year ago HecateA said…
smile
Hola!!!!

So I'm posting later then usual but don't blame me. I ordered a book (well, a bunch of books) from a catalog we get in English class and I got them last perios. One of them is about warriors so of course I plowed through the section on hoplytes and gladiators and OMG, new info for the second chapter of the day!!! So of course I ahd to edit and junk...

@babytreegrowth - Word document, right now its at 315 pages, 101 642 words and... Yeah my friends think I'm crazy. Or know I am... One of the adavntages of this was that I had to go type in class and the text appeared on the Smart Board, so it appeared as I typed and everybody was all "OMG you're a fast typer!"
@Emily - I love when you say "no matter what" because I know how the story goes and what you'll hate me for :DDD
@phippi - Hi, welcome! And I can't publish it because I dont have rights. So I'd get sued and they'd take my USB key away and if they took away Leo... I'd die. And he wouldn't be jealous he'd be like "nice try kid, but THIS is how it goes down" except more polite because that's how RR seems to be.
@arobair - I don't remember... I always liked the name Evan, but I didn't look up the etymology, really, but good to know.
@tracytracy - I'm planning on being a writter without having to grow up :D Before myafter-the-next birthday.
@51 - Did I actually write that? Oh god... Thank you! I'd screwed up when I wrote it there, but the rest was fine... Wow I feel dumb... Thanks for the catch!
@partypony - I was a little worried about the realistic aspect of that but I'm glad it works.
@liverpoolrocks05 - I'm sorry I cost you 5 euros, but glad you like it and welcome! I'm Hecate, the welcoming commity that-is-not-Clarisse. :D

So I'm starting to get worried about the shear lenght of this document... I am putting in 5 books, but I want it out before SoN, or at least mostly. Maybe not the epilgoue but meh... So just expect more ishies or duo packages (not that I'd think anyone here would mind (;)

Jason Grace
June 21st: Somewhere over Lake Michigan
The Underground Railroad

3 reasons I’d gotten no sleep whatsoever.
-I was about as worried as one can be without exploding
-I was about as excited as Pluto
-I was trying to figure out a confusing dream
Not that having odd dreams confused me, but I hadn’t dreamt on the subject since the last quest.
It was in the shadows of the forest, on the edge of a war camp. I recognised Ruth Linters first. She wore a dress, and no weapon was visible though I was sure she carried some. A hood was pulled onto her curls, partially hidden by a cloak. The usual clothing for her time period.
Henry, the son of Poseidon, Amelia, daughter of Athena and another girl stood at her side. Further behind there were 3 more, but I did not recognise them.
-Ruth, are you sure? The new girl whispered. She had blonde hair, but I couldn’t tell much more.
-Yes I am, Catherine.
-Look Ruth, I’ve never questioned you, I trust you, but this seems risky. Catherine said, readjusting the quiver on her shoulder.
-Augustus will be here with his group, he’s honest, and we aren’t in for a fight. Last I spoke to him the other consul, Hélène Thomas was coming too.
-Which is good? Henry asked.
-Which is very good. Amelia said. Three figures appeared and the whole group drew deadly weapons, the others raised their hands.
-It’s me. He said.
-Thank the gods, we thought you weren’t coming! Amelia said.
-I’m sorry, we nearly got caught. The others are waiting in the forest. This is Hélène, and she is Lia. Augustus said. Hélène bowed and Ruth tilted her head. Hélène’s eyes were startlingly grey and she wore a hood over her dress.
-Perfect. Who do you have with you?
-Evelyn, Fallon, Griffin, James, Tiberius and Jonas.
-There’s been a change of plan. I can’t stay here to keep you informed as you travel; they think I’m a spy.
-Oh…
-Amelia came up with something.
-Miracles do happen, then. Hélène said coldly.
-The underground railroad, Amelia spoke up, ignoring the daughter of Minerva.
-I know a man- a demigod independent of anything- who can help us flea to Upper Canada.
-Son of whom? Lia asked.
-He will help us travel. Who do you think? Amelia snapped.
-Amelia, calm down. Ruth said. She raised her hand to speak to everyone.
-Look, we’ll have to cooperate with each other for a while because going north won’t happen in a day. We’re completely different people. Augustus, Hélène, you’ll have to work with me if we want everyone to work together. Amelia, Catherine and Henry maybe less, but the 3 others over there respect me. They’ll listen to me, I’ve got some undeclared authority at this camp and for those who don’t think I’m a traitor, I know for a fact it persists. But for that to happen we need to co-operate, at least us, and Hélène will have to stop giving me dirty looks. Hélène looked offended for a minute but moved on.
-I agree with you. Who is the man you speak of? We need to get away from this camp before guards- because it would be stupid not to have any- wake up.
-Relax, we drugged them. Amelia said, obviously not buying into Hélène.
-You what?! She whispered furiously.
-We drugged the guards. Henry and I. How do you think Ruth got out? Catherine said.
-It was quite a simple brew, Amelia said.
-You were imprisoned? Augustus asked Ruth, looking at her in the eyes.
-Yes. They feared I was a spy. When I told Chiron a few overheard. They called me a traitor and demanded it. But that’s not important; we need to leave now.
-Perfect. Hélène said. Amelia rolled her eyes and followed as they entered the forest.

-Argos, what you thinking ‘bout? Thalia asked sitting next to me.
-Nothing. A weird dream last night.
-Thought you’d be used to it by now.
-Well, weirder. I said.
-Sorry. Want to share?
-Just the Civil war. A couple of Greek and Roman demigods who were war leaders ran away to try to stop the war. There must be over 10 of them, they were going to Canada with the Underground railroad system.
-The underground railroad… I heard of that before. Children of Hermes/Mercury or something…
-I don’t know any more then you. I told her.
-Hey, Annabeth! She called. Annabeth popped up from below deck where she and Piper had been studying the book.
-Yeah?
-What’s the underground railroad? She asked.
-Well, it was a way for slaves to escape from the Southern states and go where slavery was illegal during the civil war. The Northern states, but most tried for Canada because regardless of how the war would end they’d be free, slavery was illegal in Canada before the US. There were safe-houses, and each one had a “stationmaster” in charge. He’d get a guy called a “conductor” to pass fugitives from one station to another, mostly at night. When you got to one, you got clothing and food donated by people against slavery; money sometimes, medicine too. A messenger was sent to the next safe-house by the stationmaster whose station was busy; to make sure everything was alright, and so on until you were home-free.
-So it was a you know a guy who knows a guy thing. I asked.
-Yeah, basically. She said.
-Thanks. Thalia said.
-No problem. She disappeared below deck again.
-The use of your best being a child of the knowledge goddess. Thalia said leaning back.
-I know.
-Who are you friends again? I have no idea. Only 2 because I’m horrible with names.
-Bobby Peverell, son of Minerva/Athena, Dakota Ledécit daughter of Janus and Valdez over there. Thalia looked over her shoulder.
-Will he stop flirting? She asked, her voice low and eyebrows frowned.
-Maybe. I said. He flirts with any girl he thinks is pretty.
-I don’t know whether to shoot him or just leave it at a slap seeing we need him to drive this thing.
-Let him be. He’ll see a daughter of Venus or someone and leave you alone. I said thinking of how flirty they could be and how Leo stood no chance to their charm speak.
-Dear gods, it better. She said passing a hand through her hair. I noticed the pockets under her eyes.
-You’ve been having dreams too? I ask.
-Umm… Yes. Really random, probably nothing.
-When’s the last time that happened to any demigod you know?
-Never. You’re right. Some old war scenes too. Except these were from the first war I think. I recognised Heracles anyways. He was fighting with Dad I think. Against Porphyrion, it was frankly terrifying; everything was being destroyed, lightning everywhere… She looked troubled.
-Think it’ll happen again? I asked.
-There will be mass destruction if that’s what you mean. Many soldiers will lose their life.
-There is honour in death. I said looking at the surrounding clouds.
-You’re kidding. Thalia said.
-It’s one of the rules drilled in my head at the City. Ask any soldier there, they’d rather die in the midst of a battle then live to say they watched from the side lines.
-And then there’s those of us who fought, made it out and still have bad dreams about holding the hands of the dying and injured. I wouldn’t use that quote around most of the people here, so let’s see, Annabeth, Lou Ellen, Phoebe and Nico, oh yeah especially not Nico- his sister died giving her life.
-I can personally but they will hear it in the City.
-Yeah well we’ll all hear things we won’t like in the City. Until we’re home-free we’ll have to suck it up. Thalia said.
-It’s the only thing you can really do. I said.
-I’m sure that’ll go great. Thalia rolled her eyes.
-Calm down. They couldn’t have appointed a new consul while I was gone. If I’m alive Dakota will trust you depending on what Percy’s done. Some of the praetors are bullies or easily bought or intimidated, and they’ll be the ones to vote for an execution. But I’ll manage to set it up in the Senate, I’ll keep everyone on this boat safe. I said.
-Jason, it’ll be fine. They’ll see you alive, they’ll be glad we kept you alive. They don’t have to know you’re my brother and that I’d kill every person in a 3 mile range if you got killed. Thalia said.
-I hope you’re right. Then a siren wailed.
-Valdez, what’s that? Thalia asked as we jumped to her feet.
-Phoebe saw something from the crow’s nest and rung the alarm. Leo said. He turned on a head set.
-What’s wrong? He asked. She said something.
-There’s another ship. Leo said.
-Another flying boat?
-Did I ever say it was normal? Leo said. Annabeth, Nico, Karen and Piper popped up from below-deck.
-What’s wrong? Annabeth asked.
-There’s another ship and we already know it’s not normal so don’t mention it! Thalia said.
-10 o’clock! Leo said. We all looked in the direction and sure enough another flying trireme was gaining on us. Its oars weren’t mechanic, I could tell from this far and the people on board were pirates. Men with ripped off limbs replaced by woods, drawn swords and dirty clothing. Most looked mean and the kind of people who ate raw meet as kids, and would be best friends with the Gayle brothers.
-Pirates! Annabeth said. Leo, ditch them!
-I don’t see the flag but okay. Leo said.
-Phoebe hold on. He spoke in the headset.
He spun the boat around and the wind picked up. I figured it was me and willed the wind to carry us further, but the pirate ship was small and quick. This one wasn’t working.
-Get on the 2 back ballistas. Karen and Piper, Thalia see if you can shoot, and Annabeth come with me. I said. We all did, and Phoebe was shooting from the crow’s nest and giving Leo the update as he drove.
A ballista requires two people to handle. It’s a giant crossbow. One person pulls back, the other charges it, and it takes the strength of 2 to turn it, unless your name is Karen Mallock. We were throwing heavy rock spheres, design by Daedalus to be light enough to shoot far but do the same kind of damage as the regular.
I loaded it.
-Aim for the spur! Annabeth said.
-Why? Someone, I didn’t make out who, said.
Lou Ellen’s jinxes were flying as the boat got dangerously close. If they had rope or anything we were doomed…
-Because, if we break the spur they can do no damage to the boat without coming on board, that’s their mane defence, can’t you see! Annabeth said.
A spur is a piece that sticks out in the front and is used to pierce other boats’ hulls. Usually you went in for the side because not only did you take out a few oarsmen, but the other boat couldn’t turn on you.
We pushed to direct the ballista to hit the spur. It had bronze platting, but the arrow points were Imperial gold, which had popped up in the forges by some unidentifiable godly assistance (UGA).
It finally let go. The pirates started swearing and yelling at us, totally ticked we broke their boat, but it mended. A whole new platting.
-Valdez! I called.
-Working on it! He said. He said something in the headset as he pulled down a lever that was half his height.
-HIT THE DECK! He yelled. He pulled on strings as we all jumped down. He imitated us and 0.5 seconds later fire came out of nowhere. No, not nowhere. The top of the boat, Festus’ head!
The enemy boat immediately caught and the pirates started panicking. We bolted off as they landed in Lake Michigan to try and put out the flames.
-Out of here! Leo said as we sped away. We were knocked backwards as the boat turned violently. One last volley of arrows impaled themselves in the deck, but we were home free.

We didn’t slow down for a long time, and there was no sign we would until Piper put a hand on Leo’s shoulder.
-Leo, we’re over Minnesota, they can’t catch up. She said. He nodded.
-Move over Valdez, I’ll drive. Annabeth said. We managed to drag Leo away from the bar and over in a corner where he started fiddling with nuts and screws and wires from his jacket pockets.
-Alright now that Valdez might pay attention to us, what was up with the flying ship? Lou Ellen asked.
-I have no idea. Piper said.
-Me neither. I said.
-I do. Leo spoke up grimly.
-When we were building, part of the boat got stolen. He said. That was enough.
-Leo, you don’t actually mean..?
-Yeah. Those dudes, whatever they were work for whoever stole the first boat. They finished building it, but look at it, it’s not as advanced as ours, not as heavily armed, equipped or solid, and the oars aren’t mechanical. Leo said.
I didn’t want to know what was rowing.
-Umm, don’t mean to sound stupid here, but who would that be? Karen asked.
-Well there is a grand total of 2 psychotic villainesses going after us in the moment. Piper said.
-Khione or Gaia then. I said. She nodded.
-Either way those guys’ll be back. Don’t mistake them for gone. Thalia piped in, as she and Phoebe climbed down.
-But for now the coast is clear, Phoebe said. We’re as safe as 8 demigods in a flying boat get.
-Woe, what a relief! Leo said. Phoebe gave him a deadly look and he shut up and went back to focusing on his tinkering.
We stayed quiet. The silence was aggravating, I saw it in everyone but Karen, but the wait was worst.
What if Percy was dead? Annabeth, Leo and Lou Ellen would freak out, possibly Thalia, but the three alone could probably take out a few people if they were really mad. The Gayle brothers would gladly take it up to fight and that would be ugly. Even the last Gayle, Reyna, might step up if someone from her, Scarlett, Gwen’s or even my legion got hurt. She was so quick to her blade when trouble came, too quick sometimes… But her willingness to stand battle and protect might be the best thing about her…
I’d tried to ignore it as best as I could, I’d refused to admit it to myself and she’d probably done the same, but it didn’t take long before I cracked.
I really missed her.
At the beginning it was just a memory, I couldn’t even see why I’d ever liked her. But every day there was a new memory, now I couldn’t see why I’d ever thought I might not like her; and I despised Juno for keeping my memories away. And soon, the other girls around didn’t even have faces. In the end it was just like in the City. Pretend we didn’t exist as more than praetor and consul, that she was just another soldier. But everybody knew anyways. The Gayle brothers had practically yelled it off the roofs, try and embarrass Reyna. She’d stood her ground, there had probably been a fight in Bellona’s house, and it had been relatively calm. Ish. I wasn’t giving up on her no matter what. I was going to see her again and from there… From there I had no clue.

Add
Early morning June 21st : The City
Reyna’s risky move

It was five o’clock in the morning, and dreams of naval fights in mid-air were keeping me wide-awake. It was the solstice. Everybody slept in and training was cancelled. Official permission to go outside was in an hour but I was ready to go now. Now I just hung out around the legions and watched when nobody else needed water-deposal.
I had my eye on the Shepherdess’ gifts. I ran my fingertips across the surfaces of the shells and smelled the strawberry seeds. 6 shells, 21 seeds… 6, 21… I’d decided the shepherdess was smart enough to give me something that had a meaning. Not just symbolical. 6, 21, 6, 21…
And then it hit me like a sword.
It was a date.
6, 21, 6, 21. It was a date! June twenty-first, today! And the “for what” didn’t take long to figure out. This was all from Camp Half-Blood. June 21st, from camp half-blood.
The boat was coming.
At that point I couldn’t stand it anymore. Dakota was the person to talk to, and she had to be awake. She might be in the palace.
I ran out the door, a few solstice celebration performers and instalment crews for the tournament were already out. I ran right past them and they looked at me like “great, Greek boy’s freaking out”.
The senate was a big building, where the senate voted on various things. It hadn’t been used since Jason had disappeared, and my gut told me to stay away from it. But attached to the back was “the palace”.
It wasn’t actually a palace, but the consuls hung out there. They worked, they met people, they kept some of the official documents like resumes of meetings or oaths or quests there, etc. The place was equipped for the consuls to spend a night there even, as well as their seconds (who were automatically eligible to be voted as consul suffictus- to finish a deceased or incapable or expelled consul’s term).
I knocked on the door. One of the kids that worked there opened. She looked at me and I could tell she was one of the Citizens who despised me.
-Is Dakota there? I asked impatient.
-She’s busy.
-Can you tell her I really need to talk to her? It’s an emergency. I said. She rolled her eyes.
-Wait here. She closed the door and went off into the house. When the door re-opened again it was Dakota. She wore a white dress that looked Roman. Her blond hair was pulled up and held by a purple-gemmed comb, except for a few loose strands dangling around her face; a red drape trimmed in gold covered part of her dress and acted as a veil for her arm.
-Woe, what’s up with the..?
-Tournament day. Jason gets to wear armour, but I have to wear this dumb- sorry off topic and must not swear. What was your emergency?
-I’ve figured out when they are leaving. From Camp. I said.
-Oh my gods, talk. Dakota said. We sat down at a table and I told her everything, about the shepherdess and everything. She shooed away 2 daughters of Venus who kept coming and try to make her go get ready, but she was shooing them away.
-Who do you think she is? I asked. Dakota shrugged.
-I have no idea. But I reckon she’s right, the gods are at the might of their power on the twenty-first. Happy Solstice by the way. Dakota wished.
-You too.
-Cheer up Add; you’ll have a decent name soon. Dakota said. And you’ll see Annabeth. I got interested again.
-Think she’ll come?
-I bet she’s getting on that boat right now, Add. Dakota said. A daughter of Venus walked in carrying sandals.
-Umm, Dakota? We really need to get a move-on. She said. Dakota got up, grabbed the sandals from her hands and slipped them on.
-There. She said. The girl looked mildly scared as she jogged away. Dakota sat back down.
-Sorry. Ella and Peyton are sweet and all, but they are pains when it comes to official events. They’re in charge of official presentations. Since there isn’t much to do for Jason seeing as he can put armour on himself, they freak out around me. Dakota said.
-Maybe they’ll realise you don’t need them to tell you on which foot each sandal goes. I said.
-Even then I’d doubt they’d stop. But I guess I am sort-of glad they’re there, I know nothing about Ancient Roman wardrobe.
-Nothing?
-Hey, Bobby’s the one that swallows books, I’m just the powerful one in the stupid sandals. Dakota said.
-Alright I’m sorry. I said.
-There’s breakfast this morning. In ten minutes and since you aren’t fighting straight away you only need to be at the prep in half-an-hour.
-Thanks Dakota. I said.
-You’re fighting Jace Gayle as the first fight of the selects round. She reminded me.
-Yes, thank you I…
-Forgot. Had a lot on your mind. Yeah. She said.
-Alright. I’ll let you go do whatever. I said.
-Wait, before you leave you should know; you mustn’t tell anyone about the boat.
-Wait, why not?
-Ear to mouth is the fastest way news passes. Look, I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but there are two major cliques. The Stupido squad, and us, everybody who’s against them or isn’t buying their bull on ‘Greek filth’. A lot of people are afraid of the Gayles. If they were ever to hear about this there’d be a line to tell them before anybody else.
-Why are they so violent? Can’t you stop them?
-We’ve never gotten enough proof. Testimonies from us won’t be enough and nobody’ll confess. Just promise me not to tell. If they came to hear about this they could set even more people up against Greek heroes.
-Way the open spirit, people. I said.
-That’s not in our nature. Either ones of us. The Greeks regularly battled for territory and the Romans were conquerors. That’s one of our clichés right there, the Greeks fought until the end to keep their territory instead of all grouping together to defend like they should have, only a Macedonian alliance did that. Dakota said.
-I thought Bobby was the smart one.
-It’s a war strategy fish face. The second thing… Okay, this is awkward to say, but do you know why you got called Add?
-Yeah it’s short for something Latin- advil or something.
-Advena. But that’s not it. It’s short for Adonis.
-Oh.
Yeah…Awkward.
If you don’t know that myth, Adonis was a normal guy, son of Apollo I think Annabeth once told me but some call him a strong-sighted mortal. Anyways, Aphrodite and Persephone both fell for him and wanted him at their sides. Persephone told Ares Aphrodite had her eyes on a mortal, so he sent a boar to kill Adonis. He was sent to the Underworld where Persephone was. Aphrodite begged Zeus for a deal so during the Winter Adonis was confined to the Underworld, in the summer he was to be with Aphrodite and the 2 other seasons he could do whatever he wanted.
So yeah. Awkward…
-Umm..?
-When you got to the City everybody was panicking. How did you get in, were you dead, how come you were in the creek, etc. But a lot of girls thought you were the best thing since Logan Finnick (son of Venus who’s pretty ripped from what I hear). Hazel, Gwen and I-don’t be offended here- thought that was hilarious, and poof, Hazel gets inspired and you’re stuck with Add as a name.
-Okay… Umm..?
-Look, about 100 people would’ve asked you out since the day you got here if it weren’t for the soul reason that even if we didn’t know where to put you, we figured from the start you were more in the soldier league. Soldiers don’t usually form bonds like that while they serve. Just… Be careful. Keep an eye on Annabeth when she gets here. Dakota said. My blood froze.
-I will. I said.
-I just wanted to give you the head’s up.
-I appreciate it Da, thanks. I said.
-Be careful Add. Things are about to get way worst.

I reported at the arena on time with Bobby.
-No armour for you, then? The volunteer who signed us in, a farmer names Ryan, said.
-No, I’m good. I said.
-‘Luck to you. Kick Gayle’s butt. And you too Peverell. He said. We bowed and went on.
Reyna, Jack, Jace and Jake were in the world’s biggest.
-That voice in the back of your head, it’s called fear. Deep down you know I’ll cream you. Jake said.
-Oh so you’ve heard it before? Reyna asked.
-You know what Reyna, some day you and Jake will go far in life, and I hope you stay there. A collective “oh” passed around the room.
-I’ll go if there’d only be 1 idiot to deal with, Reyna said. I call that a vacation.
-You have an open mind, and a mouth to match. Jake said.
-Means I have a mind. I always enjoyed talking to you though, my mind needs a rest.
-So there is one?
-We’ve already been over this Jack, are we just speaking too fast? Reyna asked slowing her pace.
-I’ll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
-Don’t make promises you can’t keep Jack.
-Look, I don’t know what your problem is, but I bet it’s hard to pronounce.
-Yes, I know more then 3 syllables was always a problem for you Jace. It’s alright, usually by the age you stop being scared of the dark you can pronounce the word “having guts”. Applying it is a whole different thing. Reyna said.
Oohs went around.
-You insulting my bravery?
-Yeah. See, if you really were that brave it wouldn’t always be 3 against 1.
-Well it’s you and me in the arena, sis.
-Oh good, maybe you can pronounce it AND put it in use by the end of the day. Reyna said.
-I see you’ve set a specific time to humiliate yourself today, Reyna.
-Oh my gods, Jace thinks! Don’t go too far in thought, though, you’re a stranger there. She said. She turned her heels and walked towards us.
-Oh gods I am so tired of that guy.
-Which one?
-One? Jace then.
-I’m fighting Jace later, I said.
-Kick his butt then. Reyna said.
-That was already in my plans.
-Yes. The good news is after the tournament I’ll be able to sleep without a sword besides me at night.
-Rey, you have like twenty swords on your walls.
-Woe, really?
-Yeah. I collect whatever is too old or fragile to be used. I’ve got a variety. Reyna said.
-Can you use all of them?
-Yeah, ish… Well, the Akinaka -Persian- a little less, but fighting you’s helped with the Xiphos a lot. Reyna said. I took my own sword out of my pocket and uncapped it.
-Well let’s find a Persian demigod. I’m sure they exist too.
-The Greeks conquered them under Alexander the Great’s reign, the Romans invaded that, yeah, why not. Bobby said.
-For all we know they could be out there.
-I thought Persian was a type of cat. Gwen said, joining us.
-Half cat, half god, oh yeah! Hazel said, following her best friend.
-Persians! It was an empire, where Irak is now. Where did cat come from? Bobby asked.
-Persian got a cat. Quittrie got a cat. Gwen shrugged.
-I thought you said it was a tabby?
-A cat’s a cat. Gwen shrugged.
-I love cats to death! Hazel said.
-Lynx are cats.
-Death is very literal. Hazel said. We laughed. Reyna, Gwen, Hazel and Bobby were wearing barely any armour.
They had a greave on one leg (think shin guard made out of bronze and engraved), protection on their sword arm, a rectangular shield and a helmet. And duh, the sword. Gwen’s armour was a little different, she had protection on neither of her arms but a breast plate. Her red hair was pulled up behind her head in one of those braids the girls at the City did all the time (I’m not kidding) and her shield was circular. She carried a spear with a strap wrapped around her arm.
-Hazel you’re in the duelling section right? Gwen said.
-Of course I am. And the Equites. She said.
-What? I asked.
-There are different kinds of gladiators, Add. The Equites are the mounted gladiators, Velites –like Gwen- are known for fighting only each other… Bobby started.
-Gwen?
-Well in the ring, and for a long spear on a strap they throw. Most of us have no training as anything but soldiers, are Samnes or Myrmillones. Most are Samnes, because Myrmillones are sworn never to fight each other which could mean your elimination if you came to fight another Myrmillone. Bobby explained.
-I hadn’t realised Gladiator fighting was organised like that.
-Yeah, and the thing is, not all the types fight here. We’re missing Retiarii, Provocatores…
-Bobby he gets it! But we did add one section after the children of Trivia gained importance, the duelling section. Also, people here think it’s entertaining to watch us jinx each other. Hazel said.
-That’s always where all the accidents come from. Bobby said.
-How come? I asked.
-Because a good wand can hurt a guy more than a sword. Hazel said.
-Want to bet? Reyna said.
-Don’t hurt each other before the damn tournament begins! Gwen said.
-Right, shall I hurt Jack, Jake or Jace? Hazel asked lifting her wand.
-Let me handle Jace. I said.
This was a violent conversation.
-Let them be, Hazel. They’re all against people who’ll cream them. Reyna said. She rolled her eyes. A guy in armour came.
-I’m collecting weapons of the first round Gladiators. He said.
-What? I asked.
-Gods, someone explain it to him in Greek. The guy said like it was a horrible thing to even ask.
-Hey, he’s just never fought here before, sort-of like you except you haven’t fought a war period. Reyna said putting her sheeted sword in his arms. He looked shocked and about to back-talk at Reyna dissing him like that but walked about. Reyna rolled her eyes.
-People. She said.
-No but seriously, what was that about? I asked.
-They’ve got some of the Aediles who walk across the arena with the weapons. It’s a rite, used to be the slaves that did it, in Ancient times. And then there’s a warm up fight. Bobby said.
-It’s killing me not being in the warm-up… She said.
-You get to go out first though. Hazel said.
-Who’s out there? I asked.
-Hilary Shehan, Scarlett Mcguinty, Brad, Marie Finnegan, Mika –Caleb’s second- and Logan Finnick. Reyna enumerated.
-People! Someone yelled. I recognised him. He was an Aedile.
In Ancient Rome they had a bigger responsibility, but nowadays they just presided over events and organised them, they were selected by the council. His name was something like Lorne Sector.
-Side 1, line up for prep now, in 15 minutes the Empress will declare the games open.
-Go Da! Hazel said loudly. A few people laughed.
-Shut up Ducharme. The Aedile said, looking pretty amused. She went back to her usual expressionless face, which for the kids here was normal, but this was Hazel. Again, the quest had really scarred her.
-Alright, I have to go. You kick my brother’s butt, you don’t die (Gwen), you pull something smart (Bobby) and Hazel just duck. Reyna said addressing each of us.
-Promise. Hazel said. Reyna nodded and gripped the handle of her sword tight. She went to join the crowd of competitors and got shoved by Jack on her way. She ignored him and kept walking.

How this worked: there were two categories for the title of Gladiator. Everybody on one side started up in duels, the winner went against another initial duel winner. The competition progressed with the soldiers who lost and at some point one of them re-entered the game. When there was a winner, they started on the other section, and the two grand winners fought against each other for the title. Pretty simple, and it didn’t take more than 2 hours for each side.
Then there was the duelling section, which was much shorter since the category only worked with children of Trivia (even if they all had registered, there were only 12 now).
Bobby went to go talk to one of his brothers and Gwen was going to try and create drama because it was too boring apparently.
I spotted one of my friends, a hunter named Jonathan Stargo who was standing at the door probably making sure nobody got out. He was wearing his camouflage clothing and he had a quiver swung across his shoulder.
-Hey Jonathan. I said walking up to him.
-Oh hi Add! I didn’t know you were participating!
-Select category, I’m not a soldier, can’t join for the title. Wouldn’t want to anyways. You’re a volunteer?
-Ish. At some point they give soldiers a break and they have archery competitions. I’m in that, but I’d rot solid if I didn’t do anything.
-Need help with something? I’m not doing anything.
-Yeah actually, Jack Gayle’s coming this way. He’ll respect your sword better than my “pointy twig”. I turned around.
Jonathan was right. It was part of what made him a good hunter, he saw when things were going to get moving and could read ferocity or fear in an animal’s eye. And Jack Gayle’s apparently.
-Move over twig boy. He said. He was wearing the Samne armour and he still had his sword at his side. Second round gladiator, then.
-Morning Gayle. Great day to show civility, wouldn’t you agree? Jonathan said, not budging.
-I’m not in the mood for your sarcasm freak face, just let me out.
-Can’t, it’s my job. Jack got him by the shirt.
-Leave him. I said uncapping Riptide. He looked at me unimpressed.
-I’d chop your head off but as I said, I’m not in the mood to deal with either a boy who shoots twigs or a filthy little Greek. Move over.
-Reyna has more power than it looks like then. Next thing I knew I got punched in the eye and I fell to the ground.
-Enough! A voice said. Jake wasn’t paying attention, he was kicking my arms as I tried to get up. Jonathan pushed him aside. I got to one knee and slashed my sword to block him.
-Go away Jack. He’s unarmed for close-distance. I said.
-Is that so son of “Poseidon”? Well you’re not. Jack said. He tried to cut across me but I took a step back. I put Riptide down at my feet and raised both of my hands.
-I don’t want to fight you. Jonno was doing his job; now go back to do whatever you were doing. I said. His face got inches from mine and he held my the shirt.
-You’re trying to be the saint peacekeeper in a place that’s in war against you. You might have my dumb sister, twig-boy here, the consul and I don’t know who else fooled, but I’m not falling for it, and neither would anybody else who has a trace of intelligence in them. They might respect you, but when your friends get here count on me to deal with each and every one of them. Especially the blonde girl. He said lowering his voice at the last 2 sentences, so low nobody else could hear.
I made a fist because threatening Annabeth that openly was practically asking “please hit me”.
A sword slashed between both of us. Jack was surprised but he didn’t let go.
-Now that you seem done insulting my intelligence and the people in high power around you, I eliminate you from the tournament for disrespect of the authority and uncalled violence, Jack Gayle. A voice said. The sword retreated and Dakota put it back in its scabbard.
Jack let me go and pushed me hard. I landed a few feet away. He bowed to Dakota and she crossed her arms as he left the area.
Her lips were bright red and the golden leaf crown that marked her as the supreme leader rested on her head. She had golden bracelets around her wrists and even if she looked uncomfortable in the dress, now she looked more angry. When Jack was gone Dakota extended her hand to help me get up even if I was fine.
-Thanks Dakota. I said.
-You’re welcome Add. Jonathan, thank you for coming to get me. She said.
-Yes Milady. Jonathan bowed.
-Who was in charge of security, Lorne? Dakota asked. Lorne Sector walked to her and bowed looking edgy. I couldn’t blame him, Dakota was fuming.
-The Aedile Isaac Kingston, son of Mars. A fight broke out in the prep room ma’am, we were busy tending to some other matter.
-From now on organise for there to be two Aediles in charge of security, no need for two of them to be my shadows, I am perfectly capable of handling a sword, dress or not and I will prove so to anyone in doubt, Dakota said. This had happened far too often, and once Jason Grace comes back an official law will be voted upon on the subject.
-Yes. Lorne said.
-Great. Rose stay here with Isaac and Lorne. Leda, come with me. Dakota said. She looked me in the eyes in a “this is what I was talking about” way. I nodded and she left. The whole room stayed under the impression of shock. Gwen and Bobby caught up with me.
-Oh gods, Add! Bobby said.
-We’re so sorry!
-We had Jake and Jace holding us back and Hazel had to go in the official lodge! Are you okay?
-Woe, that’s Pluto of a black eye! Gwen said.
-Black eye?
-Yeah.
-Di immortals… I muttered.
-At least Jack’s out. Bobby said.
-He’ll just come back madder. I said.
-Yes, but until then, we’re fine! Gwen said.
I wished…
-People! Someone called. We all looked. It was Lorne.
-The tournament will begin. That brought heavy cheering that Lorne toned down.
-The Empress will declare the games open, there will be a sacrifice to Jupiter, Juno, Bellona, Mars and Victoria by Caleb Gelus. The first fight will begin between Reyna Gayle daughter of Bellona and Cynthia Aubel, daughter of Mars.
More cheering.
-That was totally not staged. Bobby muttered.
-The games will be viewed by you all by an Iris message.
-There should be a sacrifice to Iris, last time it didn’t hold and we had no clue what was happening. Gwen said. I shrugged.
On the Iris message appeared the arena, full of Citizens who had come to see the rivalry unveil. The view zoomed into a section of seats. I recognised the people sitting there. First: Dakota. Then to her left, at the far end there was the girl who’d been escorting her, Leda, then Caleb wearing her white priestess clothing and then Hazel in the official armour of head of cavalry.
The eldest Aedile whose name I ignored was at her immediate right and the eldest praetor- Brent Jorgensen son of Mars sat besides him. The 2 seat on her right, just a little lower were empty, for consuls probably. Dakota got up and it went quiet. She spoke and a daughter of Trivia amplified her voice. Her opening speech was in Latin so I only vaguely understood (Chiron would kill me for forgetting it all), but I understood it was a prayer. Then everybody rose and Caleb made a sacrifice to the 2 war gods, Jupiter, Juno and Victoria (goddess of victory).
Everyone sat back down and then an unexpected commentary started.
-Good morning people of Rome! The lovely, brave and beautiful –fine I’ll shut up- empress now condemns you to the commentary of me and my fellow radio host! I’m Jude, and I’m here with Neil.
-Hello! The guy who must be Neil said with so much pep he could’ve worked at Walmart.
-In case you were so uninterested as to not give a glance to the programme hung in the cafeteria the first fight will start in a few minutes. We have Reyna Gayle daughter of Bellona, praetor of legion 4 on one side, and Cynthia Aubel, daughter of Mars, second of the fourth legion on the other! Jude said. People cheered. You could practically see the excitement in the air.
-This is a pretty good one for a first Neil, how about we start with an analysis of our top prospects today?
-Well we have the Gayle siblings of course- but wait! Little birdies in the prep room notify me that Jack Gayle has been disqualified from the tournament, by the empress herself might I add! Dakota, scoop on that? Okay, oh, yes ma’am, I’m sorry. But I will find out.
-So of course, no surprise there, Reyna Gayle, Jace Gayle and Jake Gayle. The first two are praetors for your information. Others that are high in the competition, Bobby Peverell, Paris Jefferson and Marie Finnegan- all children of Minerva, and we’ve got Brent Injure, Gordon Mellow, Rory Helk and Jeff Thomas as children of Mars up there.
-Go nobodies! Gwen yelled. Everybody not named cheered and laughed.
-And our two competitors are ready to go! Jude said. The crowd cheered. Reyna and Cynthia walked out into the arena. Once they were in view of everyone they drew their swords and every soldier (and me) frowned because her sword wasn’t a gladus.
I wondered whether this was good or a horrible thing. I couldn’t believe Reyna would do that… But on the other hand it could turn out to be brilliant. The fact that the sword in her hand was… Well, what is was.

It was a Greek sword; a Xiphos.
Hola!!!!

So I'm posting later then usual but don't blame me.  I ordered a book (well, a bunch of b
over a year ago partypony said…
heart
That was amazing!
Oh my, I do hope Jack doesn't 'kill' Annabeth! That woulkd really suck for both of them.
So do I sense a forshadowing, or is it just my inaccurate instincts?

That last sentence got me thinking:
Is Reyna showing support for Add and the Greeks by weilding a Greek sword in the fight?
Yes, that's what I think.
It's dangerous though. What would the Stupido squad think of that? They'll probably be acting all monkey and stuff (meaning that they disapprove and will probably try to get back at Reyna for that).

Awesome dream about the half-blood Civil War! It's great that we know what happened (kinda) during the last time (except for now) the Greeks and the Romans had seen each other.

I believe I said this already, but you're an amazing writer (and a fast one).

~partypony
over a year ago mmdr10 said…
big smile
that was awsome!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago babbytreegrowth said…
heart
Ishies?...Ishies? What do you mean ishies? None of your chapters so far have been ishies. All of them are perfect little pieces of art, or writing, but none the less they're amazing. I wish that you were old enough to write a book.

You get to type in class? Man I wish I could. That would be awesome, but my teachers wouldn't let me for sure. Ahhh some things are just unfair, but hey that's life...
Anyways liked the new chapters. They were as awesome as usual! Keep up the superb work! Sorry I sound like a teacher... Loved it!
over a year ago Persephone16 said…
heart
Awesome...loved it sooooo much!!

Yes, go Reyna, you weild that greek sword!! I hope Partypony is right and that she's showing support for Percy and the greeks.

Ooo, a black eye and Jack not being able to compete, i sense lot's of drama. Hope Annabeth (or just the greeks in general) don't get hurt.

Okay, i'm pratically bursting with anticipation. Can not WAIT until the next chapter!!

Loved it, loved it, loved it! Normal occurence though! Keep up the great work!
over a year ago jessie0147 said…
When is the next chapter gonna post??
over a year ago lebowitzso said…
monkey
Awsome. That was sooo good. I hope the flying boat comes soon. That's what I have been looking foward to.

I wonder if there is going to be a lot of fights at the City between the Romans and Greeks. I loved your chapter sooo much much, can't wait to read the next one!
over a year ago myth-freak214 said…
crying
that was so good. I just want percy and annabeth to meet already
Please post soon!!!!!!!!
over a year ago tracytracy2000 said…
big smile
Hey Hecate if you do become a writer are you going to use a pen name?
If you are using dialogue maybe i can give you a few tips?
Anyways, can't imagine how many people would fall for Annabeth but she would just kick their butts. Hahahahaha
over a year ago greek_camper95 said…
big smile
that was amazing!!! really loved how reyna is using a greek sword cant wait till u post again(please make it soon!!)
over a year ago Calypso_ said…
hmmm
question- How is it possible for Percy to get a black eye when he has the curse of Achilles?

slightly confused
-Calypso_
over a year ago CarterJackson5 said…
laugh
Hey Ive been reading this for months and finally joined, i think your writing is amazing=)seriously ever since i finished the lost hero ive been reading fanfics and this one is by far the best.Good Luck with your writing cant wait for the next chapter=D
over a year ago NicoDiAngelo4 said…
oh my frick! hecate u really no how to make a story ah-mazing! wow! haha thats really funny though...add being named after adnis...lol!! that must have been soooooo awkwwaaarrrrdddd:]]] haha!!!

ohhh and i liked the "pirates" part! really good! :]] oh and i love how leo is still unsuccessfully trying to hit on thalia:] haha!!

and ohemgee!!!!! i swear if anyone trys to threaten annabeth......!!!!! ahhh!!!!!

and goooooo reyna!!!! :]

welll that was such a fantabulous chappie!!!!! ahhhh i wonder what will happeen next! i cant wait!!!!!!! and congrats on that extremly high # of pages!!!! yay!!!!!

ur and ah-mazingly talented writer and i am in love with this story!!!!!!
over a year ago Emily_is_COOl said…
surprise
Oh no! You said I wouldn't like where your going, now I'm nervous! Anyway great chapter as always, über awesome!!!
big smile
CarterJackson5: oh, I thought you said that you never finished the lost hero because you were reading fanficts. *breaths a sigh of realive* Thats good........

Hectate I love your chapters keep writing!!!!!!!
over a year ago blakerose12 said…
big smile
Best chapter can't wait tell u post I'm dying if curiosity!!!!!!!!
over a year ago BILE69 said…
big smile
i just <3 your writing!!!! you should think about writing your own series.

p.s. could you use quotes so i know who's saying what plz it really helps
thx
over a year ago Angle97 said…
laugh
Ok I have 2 things to say:
1)OMG UR THE BEST AUTHOR EVER!!!!!!!!!! cuz u put so much feeling in ur writing and make it so easy for ur readers to relate to.
2)Guys if u keep asking her to post she won't, so just wait and maybe hopefully shell feel like being super extra generous and post it early.
over a year ago orpher said…
That was amazing as always. Just one question though. Why are they going on a flying boat, I mean isn't Percy like not able to go onto the sky cuz it's Zeus territory? Okay one more question why is it called the stupido squad? They're pretty much calling themselves stupid. Okay I'm done.
over a year ago hayaku14 said…
Oh PUH-LEASE Jake, as if you can take Annabeth on in a fight.
over a year ago BILE69 said…
wink
i jizzed in my pants reading this!!its amazing i wish i could be as good a writer as you. keep up the good work
over a year ago eldenari17 said…
wink
i enjoyed this chapter, but i think you over looked the whole curse of Achilles By giving Percy a black eye... other wise grate chapter...
great"
over a year ago daughter-ofzeus said…
rainy
OH MY AMAZING!! i loved it!! it was practically AMAZING AS ALWAYS!! keep writing!!
over a year ago bananafone111 said…
smile
Ok I've been reading this for some time and I must say, out of all the son of Neptune fanfics out there, YOURS IS BY FAR THE BEST!!! Honestly when the real book comes out I'll be like (example) "what? Hazel doesn't act like this!!!" cuz I'll be thinking of YOUR hazel or something.
1) i thought the pirates were a nice touch. Also reyna using the xiphos. I think she used it partly to show respect/ support for add, and partly because the greek style of fighting is different. in the beginning reyna said that add fought unlike any person shed ever seen, right? She saw how he whipped jaces (i think it was jace) butt. And shes been practicing with add on greek fighting, right? So I think she is trying to sortof throw off her opponents or something.
2) I thought the curse of achilles thing just protected him from being pierced or something breaking his skin. Can somebody clear that up for me?
3) NEVER STOP WRITING!! You have a real gift and don't let it go to waste!
So anyway, I cant wait for you to post again! I love your writing. Keep it up!!!
P.S. I'm sortof a grammar/spelling freak so pease don't get offended if I point out spelling errors. Also, quotation marks would be an added bonus, but it's not a big deal.
^^^ me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pleas epost!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago phippi2 said…
I my gosh!!! I love this! How often do you post? I wish everyday!
And I have a question: does Adds black-eye mean that he has lost his invunranbility? So exciting!
OMGDOUBLEHQP I'M OUT!!!
over a year ago percabeth5 said…
Let me know if you guys like it, link
over a year ago mcsdoctor said…
heart
i love your book!!! it's amasinsg!!!
over a year ago febez said…
omgz wow! but yeah, curse of achilles? i kinda hope that when percy (add) fights he totally gets like stabbed or cut and then the sword shatters or some thing. but percy has to win!
well in the last Olympian when percy gets the curse of Achilles and whenever percy fought luke weapons never even made it to his skin... it said that right before a weapon would touch the skin it would bounce back... and i really like the story i just think that percy should be getting more respect he is the son of a big three god soooo... and if not for that reason he can take out at least 100 enemy troops alone.. like in the last Olympian. I really enjoy your story but thats like one of the only things thats been bugging me. percy should be wining the hearts of the Romans just like Jason won those of the Greeks. and if the romans respect one thing its warriors. anyways i really liked that reyna is using a greek weapon, and the pirates was a very nice twist! i didnt see that coming i just thought that Mother earth was just trying to make it hard for them. again great plot, i just think you over looked a few details of the characters that you brought from RR's Heroes story.
angry
Dear eldenari17,
Are you kidding me!?! I think that Hecate made it interesting. It would be boring if all of the Romans respected Percy like the Greeks do Jason. But yes you are right about Percy being able to kick major behind, so maybe they should respect him a little more. Also, I wish that Percy would show them the full extent to his powers like full water control, hurricanes, and earthquakes. Well maybe not earthquakes because of what happened last time that happened(Mt Saint Helens, Typhons awakening, not good.) Anyway,
OMGDOUBLEHQP I'M OUT!!!
monkey
I totally agree with febez on that one!
big smile
I totally agree... Great story Hecate! but lets see a hurricane when hes fighting in the arena or an earthquake or the river fly up in middle of the fight!