The Worst Generation That One Gas Station: The Oddities That Stretch On For Eternities Across Timelines And Possibly The Space Time Continuum Which Includes Fourth Wall Breaking And Fuck Why Is This Title So Long?!

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Mar 20, 2020 at 07:30PM
[WARNING]
A WARNING NOR RATING CANNOT DESCRIBE WHAT MAY OCCUR. EXTREME VIOLENCE AND OTHER ADULT THINGAMASTUFFS WILL BE PRESENT.

[VIEWERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED]
[TRIGGERING CONTENT AS BEEN ENABLED(to a degree for the softies)][FILTER HAS BEEN DISABLED]

[PROCEED WITH CAUTION]

"TOGS, a special little place out in good ol' Freeport, Kansas.

What is or are TOGS you may be wondering? Well, its a gas station. The one ou're in right now...yaaaaay. However, TOGS isn't just any gas station. Its That One Gas Station.

That one gas station that's stuck in an eternal loop within the fabric of time and space in which the employees are forced to deal with bizarre people–and things that are...less "people" and more THINGS, and even more bizarre occurrences and events throughout the entirety of the everlasting graveyard shift.

Speaking of the graveyards, you might want to watch out for some of the customers. You know, the ones with gooey red brain chunks oozing from their heads? Yeah, those guys–damn it Boomer, the dog brains are on the isle with tHE FUCKING GOLD! Because they're gouRMET! NO, As iN A MEAAAL! A ME. EAAA–STOP SLACKING YOU. DEGENERATE. FUCK– BEFORE I TEAR YOUR–ORRUURUaaRUAAAAHH!–"

A few seconds of demonic throat clearing. "Please, excuse that. I find employee incompetence to be overbearingly...discomforting, you might say. Anyhow! Welcome to TOGS, your stuck here for eternity, suck it up, I'm your boss, blah blahGETTOWORK!"

And just like that, you were hired. But when was that exactly? Years ago. Today? Who knows. But if its one thing for sure, the graveyard shifts are always....unnaturally long.

(We could use the articles to make character sheets or whatever since the wiki is for the main stuff. Nothing to big, just a little about the character(s). And as always, its good to have more than one, get creative!)

[TOGS Stuff To Know]

- Employees aren't allowed to leave the premises with the only exception being the two ten minute breaks in which said employees are granted exploration around the the small town of Freeport. Those who try to leave town end up back where they were leaving with no recollection of planning to leave to began with. Those who have been TOGS employees for an extended period of time (years) may have a better memory of what occurred previously.

- At the pseudo end of each shift, the shift resets itself to the beginning of the "next shift" in which the employees will remember only brief moments from the previous shift. Each shift has its own scenarios that may or may not end in the same results as the previous, most in which will be bizarre in its own fashion.

- The store is pretty big for a gas station, so plenty of employees, Just a random note.

- Characters that may die during the scenarios are reset for the next shift unless something actually permakills them (those things will be introduced throughout the episodes I guess.
*Those who permadie are pretty much erased from ever existing.

- Not all employees are human.

- Not all customers are human.

- Beware 3:20 am

- The RP will go by in chapters with each one covering different events/scenarios that occur each shift.

-
[b][u][i][WARNING][/i][/u][/b]
[i]A WARNING NOR RATING CANNOT DESCRIBE WHAT MAY OCCUR. EXTREME VIOLE
last edited on Mar 20, 2020 at 10:23PM

The Worst Generation 502 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 502

over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
(I found it)
over a year ago pLaStIcSUNDAE said…
(Or maybe this already happened and you haven't really found it yet.)
last edited over a year ago
(Nah, I'm pretty sure this is it)
(It is PUUUUUURE imagination–)
(You don't know that XD)
(Yes. Yes I do XD)
(Stop with the mind games. Start the effin RP, gosh fuckin' dang it XD)
(( "effin" XD lmao. Besides, we're waiting on Jade anyways :P

In the mean time though, what I CAN do is give the scenario for the first episode. Or a hint, at least. And that hint is "Mailer". ))
(But Jade will take forever tho XD)
((Stop freakin jinxing it then XD))
(Okay, I'll wait I guess XD)
over a year ago cosmic_fusions said…
you can just start
Hey, Jade. Glad to have you here again :D
I was joking when I called you slow, bro XD
((Good, now that Jade's here I can take a well needed nap for a few hours XD))
(COLA, if I'm not allowed to nap at work, neither are you XD)
over a year ago cosmic_fusions said…
it is fine, wind
(I'm makin' jokes, Jade. If COLA wants to nap, he can. Besides I got work in thirty minutes anyway, so.... yaaaaaaaaaaay)
over a year ago afewseconds said…
[Episode One: Raaaaaahhhhb Zombie]

[Scene 1: Graveyard Shift]

"Noooo nonononononN–" But like always, it was far too late for Boomer Howard to stop what had already been set in motion.

BAM!!

He cringes when one of the eleven-foot tall shelves on aisle 26, already in the motion of falling from its lean crashes into the one behind it which in turn caused a domino effect from aisle to aisle. Jars, boxes and can were thrown into a strew across the floors that had just been mopped hours ago. Each crash brought a flinch and each additional shelf item that broke upon impact with the floor or spilled brought a harder cringe.

*Employees scramble out of the way screaming and cursing in surprise and dismay at the sudden attack of the falling shelves. Containers of bubbling goo and glass jars full of screaming hit the floor with hard thuds and glass shatters in the process. The chaos finally comes to a halt after the last shelf timbered and the last bucket of Undead Slime rolled on its merry way down the aisle.*

Boomer eyes the destruction and almost chuckles in awe as he scratches the back of his head. "...Fuck.."
Just across from the disaster, standing there at the sight of the chaos, holding a single box of ketchup, was Maddy, the last shelf having just fallen right next to her feet, just inches away from falling onto her, but barely missing by a few feet. She looked down at the destruction, her eyes slowly moving from the shelf now lying in front of her and going up to look at the destruction ahead of her, a single phrase only able to come out, "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh"
*The degree of the mishap was settling in, and it didn't take long for disgruntled mutters of complaint to direct itself towards the culprit.*

Boomer could only try to apologize under the rapidly fired insults that were shot at him, still managing to chuckle at the very least in embarrassment until inevitably sighing in misery whilst muttering, "How do I get myself into these bloody messes?" For whatever it was worth, at least he already had his cart of cleaning supplies nearby.
"Um... You're doing great, Boomer" Maddy replied at the opposite end of the mess, hoping to lift his spirits. Though once the eyes of the customers fell on her, she turned and made her way to the aisle she was ordered to, giving a light nod to Boomer before she left
Not even a second after, Hal came walking passed Maddy, his hands in his pockets and his back slouched as he looked at the chaos from the shelves before giving a dry chuckle and shouting from the opposite side, "Smooth moves, Boomer. Like dominoes or some shit!"
"Uuh...thanks, Madeline...I think. You're um..doing pretty good...yourself?" A couple seconds into his response Boomer came to realize that she was probably being just as sarcastic as everyone else. Great, even the newbie's got jokes. But it was when Hal came by with his usual backhanded compliments would the inside of his head start to itch. Not even a second afterwards, the skin around his temples started pushing out to small bulges briefly that made him wince a little in annoyance, his eyes going into a twitch. His head snapped into the direction Hal was going in, and a voice to who him sounded like Krusty from Simpsons with an undertone of Hannibal pushed itself from the back of his head and out of his mouth in a low drone.

"sO yOU hAVE cHOSEN...dEATH?"

Boomer was already shaking his head hard in dismay before his brain would be overloaded with grotesquely vivid images of slaughtering and eating a person. Specifically Hal. "Will you guys cut it out?! I don't know if any of you noticed but I'm already knee deep back in bloody shit as is!" He kept his voice down while walking quickly down the next aisle.

"bUT hE hAS cHOSEN dEATH!"

"No. No one has chosen anything so I'd appreciate it if–"

"Mr. Howard."

The overly cheerful voice made Boomer cringe harder than when the shelves had been falling over. He gaze shifted from the floor and up to who he knew would be no other than TOGS's poster boy and shift supervisor, John Johnly-Johnson Johnsanson. And immediately, he was unsettled when he noticed that John was already pushing the cart along and seemingly had already been tending to some of the mess that had been made. Yet...he didn't remember seeing him or the cart anywhere in the vicinity. "Hey, Johnson. I uh, was just looking for that."

"And I was just looking for you, Boomer. So that I could return it, and thus you could return to your job as quickly as possible." Johnson says while he pulled off the black rubber gloves that Boomer would usually have on.

"Well that was...thoughtful of you." Boomer replies gawkily with a lack of anything else better to say in the presence of such a weird person. Either way he found himself being corrected.

"Efficient. It was efficient of me." Johnson's smile remained. "After you're finished here, perhaps it would be best for you to occupy the front register. This could very well be the perfect opportunity for our newest employee to become knowledgeable of the position as well as the customers . This could also be a great opportunity for you to redeem your most recent performance so do put effort behind this okay?" Turning around and leaving the cart to Boomer now, he added, "You have a wonderful night now Mr. Howard."
Maddy gave a sigh as she was barely able to get out of view of the confused customers, managing to avoid them asking her the same questions about what was going on and ducked into her designated aisle, storing the ketchup onto a pretty high shelf that she had to stand on her tip-toes to reach, but even still was having trouble. It wasn't until she heard the voice of Hal coming down the aisle that she was trying to finish her job. Clearly, Hal had just got done badmouthing another customer
"And I don't appreciate you asking me questions like that.... Hell no you can't speak to the manager. Get outta here". Hal brushed his hair as he let out an annoyed sigh before pushing the ketchup bottle up all the way that Maddy was trying to get up there, Hal groaning in annoyance, "I swear, one mess and suddenly all the customers rush at you like they know what happened. Give us a chance to process what the fuck happened, will you?"
"It's just how things are, Hal. Besides, I'm sure Boomer is doing his best". Maddy replied as she was trying to push another ketchup bottle onto the clearly too high shelf
Hal rolled his eyes as he pushed the bottle all the way, clearly being taller than her, "Well Boomer's best is pretty shit."
"Hal, you don't even try" Maddy replied with a face that was trying to be annoyed but came off as playful
Hal just answered with a lazy shrug and continued to barely help Maddy in her job, doing as little as possible.
Boomer, feeling as if he had been frozen in place in the presence of John, finally relaxes after the unsettling man finally was on his way. It was something about him that was just...off. And considering the norm for TOGS that said a lot–not that he was one to talk of course.

*When Boomer would finish cleaning, cleaning that took around an hour plus, he stored his working tools off to the side where they weren't in the way and went to go get Maddy as instructed by John.*
-
*Elsewhere within the supermarket, or rather the "ultramarket" as its been called, the store's security officer, Knot Joe, was resting himself in one of the many mobility scooters that TOGS provided for customers. His legs were kicked up onto the basket whilst his foot swayed, his hands occupied with a game of Tappy Bird and his cap left all to its lonesome on the other side of the room.*

Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep.

"Fack!" Knot Joe growls, the bird on the screen falling out of sight. He gives a disgruntled huff, rolling his eyes and he tugging his walkie off his chest. "What Barry?"

"Hey Joe, John wanted me to remindja that its almost Graveyard Graveyard Shift," Barry's fretful voice answered from the other side of the phone.

"John knows that I don't care about the Graveyard Graveyard Shift," Knot Joe answers with a scoff.

"Which is exactly why he told me to remind you dumbass."

"Hey fuck you, you skinny litt–" Knot Joe stops mid sentence, realizing that he had already turned off his radio and wonders why he didn't have his own off.

*While Joe was giving his usual complaints about the job and the majority of the other employees and maneuvering himself to leave his comfort, a customer with a long scraggly beard and a sort of fedora looking hat entered into the store with a dragging limp in his step. His skin was a rotting green, strips of missing flesh along his arms being scratched at stiffly yet casually. One of his eyes looked to be pressed against the orange shades that he wore.*
Maddy was forced to stand on one of the boxes to push the next row of ketchup onto the top shelf. She questioned why she had to unpack seven boxes of ketchup for one shelf, but found her answer at the endless shelf that stretched so far without reason, like it was an endless void that had no back end to it. She outstretched her arm, trying to push the rest of the ketchup bottles into the strange shelf dimension as she called out, "Hal, give me a hand, will ya... Hal?". But when there was no answer, she turned to see Hal had already left to slack off elsewhere. Giving an exhausted groan, she got back down to get the bottles herself
Boomer walks around the corner to the isle that Maddy is working on just as she is getting down off of the box that she had turned into a stepping stool for her to reach the shelves. "Ya know, if the boss or John ever caught you doing that you'd probably be in for an eternity's worth of asschewings," he says casually. He went to lean against the shelf for the time being but immediately stopped himself from doing so to avoid a round 2 of what happened earlier. And so he went on to add jokingly, "No worries there though, I won't tell."
Maddy, despite his joking, tensed up at the thought of getting into trouble with the boss. It was only after he told her it was a joke did he sigh with relief, before she spoke, "Maybe I should be more carefree like Hal... Or... maybe not, actually." Maddy said as she opened another box of ketchup, doing her best to reach the top shelf on her own, this time without the support of the box this time. Through her groans as she stretched upward to put them up, she asked, "How... the hell does... Hal manage to... keep this job?"
"I...don't know, actually." Boomer answers with a shrug of his shoulders. "I mean to be fair, how do I keep my job, amiright?" However unlike Hal, he knew very well the reason why he had still been allowed to keep his job. Aside from the fact that he actually did more work than Hal, granted some of the work that he did involved fixing his own fuck ups and catastrophes. He had a two part job to say the least, and the other half was...not as easy. He took the liberty of raising his arms to stop one of the bottles of ketchup threatening to fall from the box onto Maddy's head, helping her push it all the way onto the shelf the rest of the way. "Anyways, John wanted me to stop by and take you up to the front to show you the ropes with the cashier."
Maddy looked over at Boomer at this request, turning her head in curiosity before she asked, "But... isn't Hal usually the one running the register? Where's he at?" But before Boomer could even give a sarcastic answer, Maddy shook her head, "Nevermind. Dumb question. I guess I may as well. It can't be that hard to push a few buttons and cash people out, right?" She gave Boomer this smile filled with confidence, or perhaps blind ignorance, but it was a pure smile nonetheless
"Umm," Was all Boomer could find himself saying at first when Maddy assumed that working the register would be a cakewalk in the park. Her newbiness as showing, and he couldn't really blame her for thinking that this place was just a big gas station.

pOoR lItTlE sOuL. I cAn EaT hEr tO sAvE hEr tHe TrOuBlE.

Boomer ignored them, going on to say to Maddy, "I guess I can help you out with the rest of this stuff and then we can get going."

*But what the new employee didn't realize is that Boomer knew too well that things weren't going to be as Maddy expected. After all, he had been here before.*

(previous post. can't delete for some dumbass reason. just ignore)
"Awesome" Maddy said, having only been here for three days but felt as though she wasn't putting the true effort in, feeling that she could end up fired at any moment as a result. She wasn't sure what the pay for this job was, or how she even got this job in the first place, but she knew that a job was a job, and she needed it. And she wasn't about to lose it due to her own mistakes, not now. It was not long until she finished her set o bottles, now holding an empty box in her hands with a nod, "Okay, bottles done. Register now."

Hal, on the other hand, was back from his break, fifteen minutes late, having held up a line of customers as he sat down his drink right on the register, already pulling up a chair he ""borrowed"" from the aisle previously. He sat down at it, choosing that rather than standing, already prepared for another break, before he looked up at the line of customers and spoke, "What do you all want? I'm busy!"
*While Hal was speaking to the customers in such a manner that was against the conduct of most if not all stores, there was a watchful presence that decided that watching was no longer going to do.*

"Hello Hal," John's voice came from so close behind Hal that it was like he wanting the breath of his words to be felt. "You seem to be having issues with the register. And issues are quite a negative effect towards our daily goals and standards. Is everything alright?"

"Off we go then. Here, lemme take that off your hands," Boomer says to her while grabbing the empty box so that she wouldn't have to carry it. Last time he hadn't done so, and if the smallest changes made a difference then he was going to make sure that they happened. "So how are ya liking the job so far? Are things coming easy? Employees being fair?"
As soon as Hal heard a familiar voice, he could only give a groan, "oh fuck me!", he turned around, looking back at the smiling weirdo with contempt before he added, "Yeah, everything's going just fine, boss man. I'm just getting near the end of my break. Will be back to my absolute best in.... eventually". Hal was making very little effort, if any at all, to lie to his face.

"Well, I had a woman yelling at me over cigarettes, threatened to get fired over lottery tickets, threatened with my life over a can of soda, and I still haven't seen my pay check" Maddy replied in total confusion, thinking back to many events that had happened during her time at this establishment. Though she always desired to keep a positive outlook, she was unable to lie about her thoughts on a place like this
"Then I think you'll be excited to know that you're no longer needed here for registry," John replied with the smile that never left his face. "Your "absolute best" will be really appreciated in our warehousing department. There are a lot of trailers that need unloading, and I'm sure that inbound would like to have your there."

~

Boomer, still laughing some from picturing someone like Maddy actually being yelled at about cigarettes and lottery tickets, ended up choking a little at the mentioning of pay checks. "Oh yeah..uh..that. I guess you can say that pay works a little differently here. Especially when today tends to uh..happen a lot. But hey, it'll get to ya I'm sure."
"Oh great" Hal said to himself at the mention of no longer being at the register, feeling some relief take over him. But at the mention of working in the warehouse, he just gave a groan "Oh.... great." He stood up, making his way toward the warehouse, not even bothering to return the things he "borrowed"

Maddy looked over at Boomer in confusion, biting the inside of her lip in confusion and a bit of worry before she asked, "Why is that? I understand that this place is.... not a regular kind of store that you can find anywhere else, but surely it wouldn't go so far as to not pay off their employees." Maddy said, now not sure if Boomer was being honest about the pay or if he was just trying to not worry her
*While Hal left the disgruntled customers, John stepped up to the register to take his place until the Boomer arrived with Maddy. And though the customers that Hal had thoroughly pissed off were still wanting to give the employees a piece of their mind for having to wait for so long, John was able to diffuse the situation with a stuck smile that brought an uncomfortable feeling of satisfaction to the customers.*

"Oh no of course not. I'm pretty sure this place has enough money to buy out Jeff whats-his-face who runs Amazon," Boomer reassured her. "Its just that unless certain things happen in a certain way, pay day is kinda..." He hesitated for a moment before letting the word slide out in a sort of wheeze. "Stuck."
"Stuck?" Maddy asked, turning her head now in a bit of an exaggerated way. Before she could answer, Hal replied, "Yeah, stuck. Or whatever our asshole boss tells us when he doesn't wanna pay."
Maddy looked over at Hal, confused to see him before she asked, "Hal, aren't you supposed to be at the register?"
"Yeah, then Smiles came by and sent me to the warehouse" Hal replied, giving a shrug, "The customers just have no patience, I tell ya. Can't wait five minutes for a guy to finish his break."
".... But the warehouse is that way" Maddy said, pointing in the other direction
"Yeah, I know. I'm taking another break" Hal shrugged lazily
Maddy gave a sigh as she replied, "Hal, you're not taking this job seriously"
"No. I'm not" Hal replied dryly before walking off to go sleep in the break room, leaving Maddy even more confused than when she saw him, turning to Boomer, "How does he keep a job here?"
Boomer cringes a little at the question, debating on whether he should try to give the real answer again like he had done about 10 times before in the exact moment they were in now.

"tHe dEfInItIOn oF inSanITy. To cOnTinUE tO tRY wHat HaS fAilED."

*Despite the annoyance that he dealt with from them, Boomer couldn't deny that they were right. Trying to explain something like this to someone just wouldn't work out right now. Unless, that is, there was something about it that he could change.*

"Lets just say that uh...it's almost the same as how I keep my job, except I actually work while that saltbag just jerks in a corner." It wasn't exactly the ideal thing he was wanting to tell her, but it would have to work. "But don't worry. He'll get whats coming to him. At least that's what I heard from John. Apparently he's already like, two strikes away from getting dumped into the street on his head. Can't say I won't laugh."
"I mean.... Hal is definitely a terrible worker, but is he really a bad guy?" Maddy asked, though thinking about how rude he was to customers, and occasionally the co-workers, even she had doubts about that. But when she thought about it some more, she replied, "I didn't know there was a strike system here. I guess he'll get fired once he reaches that point?"
"...Fired, uh..yeah. That's definitely one way to put it." Boomer answered. "That's if the boss shows up to dish it out though. He doesn't really show up unless we have an audit to get ready for. Which is in about two weeks or three I think. But back to Hal, that guys a dump from the top to the very bottom. And I don't even usually say that about too many people." He scratches his head. "Oh hey, you got the time?" He asks her.
"Time?" Maddy said, not being one to bad mouth people behind their back, even someone like Hal. She cherished the chance to change the conversation, and she pulled out her phone to look at the time, answering, "It's 11:43 PM. Why do you ask, Boomer?"
afewseconds commented…
*PM over a year ago
Windwakerguy430 commented…
I'm already fucking this RP up XD over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
In all fairness, it's been almost a fucking month since we've been here XD over a year ago
"11:43?!" Boomer thinks to himself, Is that why John wants her to work the register?! "Oh fuck oh fuck–" He whispers to himself, turning his attention back to Maddy. He was a little paler now. "Uh...I-I think we should ask John to see if I can take you to the warehouse and have Hal Not Jordan show you the ropes. Y-ya know, to get him around to actually doing his job for once." He forced a laugh nervously.

*Something had changed, and Boomer knew this. Out of the ten times things had been replayed this far, there wasn't one where Maddy had been sent to the register at this time. If anything, she was usually sent home for the night around this time. But John had asked her to work an extra two hours to make sure she had things down packed.*
Maddy turned her head in curiosity, giving this confused look at Boomer, like an animal observing something it didn't understand. "Why would I do that" She replied casually as she continued walking, regardless of what Boomer was saying, "Whatever is at the register, I can handle it. We got a security guard after all, don't we?"
",,,Did you just call Joe a freakin' security guard?" Boomer was almost flabbergasted, but quickly returned to the matter. "I-I mean sure you can handle the normal stuff–not that anything out of the ordinary is gonna happen or anythingbecauseitsnot–but I uh–you could probably do better back in the warehouse and probably get your paycheck faster," he lies.
"Don't we all work the same hours?" Maddy replied, not sure that she would get it much faster, in fact, if anything, she thought she would just be done earlier and not get a full days pay, which she was not ready for. Maddy shook her head and replied, "Whatever happens, I can handle it. Besides, we're almost there. See?" She pointed forward at the registers, a small line of customers already moving into position at the sight of them arriving. As Boomer stared on, she slapped his chest playfully with a smile, "Don't worry. I got this"
"But–Maddy," Boomer was trying to find something that he could say to change her mind, anything at all.

However John was already looking in their direction, his closed eyed stare directed at Boomer. He spoke to the customers and asked them if they could please wait a moment in which they complied, nodding almost like zombies in his presence. Excusing himself he walked from behind the counter and towards them.

Boomer was cursing to himself, knowing now that there wasn't going to be a way around it now. And all that he could say to Maddy before John got there was, "Please know something about Rob Zombie."
Windwakerguy430 commented…
Inaccurate, customers never comply. At best, they give you a shitty look XD over a year ago
notimportant
"Rob Zombie?" Maddy replied, staring back at him with a confused stare, turning her head once again as she replied, "Like the musician? I don't think I need to know much else". Maddy chuckled as she reached up on her tip toes and patted Boomer on the head,"You worry too much"/ With that, she went to the register to get the line moving, "Terribly sorry for the wait, everyone. I can get you started from here"
At the registers, two "lines" were beginning to form at one end. At one end, a line of four people consisting of an old woman with a variety of coupons and a sour look on her face, a woman with two screaming babies and bags under her eyes, a gruff looking man with a biker helmet with the words "FUK U" etched into the front and sunglasses and a slime creature
At the other line stood one single person, a young man(?) with a yellow and black jacket and trackpants, with a large helmet that looked electronic, yet no lights were on in the big screen that was at the face. The headphones he wore around his head were massive blue ones that wrapped around the entire helmet, looking much more calm as he held a basket of groceries in his left hand, tapping his feet to the beat of his music.
Maddy looked over to Boomer with a smile and replied, "Hey, perhaps you can teach me how to run a register? Never have done much but it can't be that hard. I'll let you talk the smaller line". With a smile, she was making her way toward the busier line
"Yes, perhaps you should do that Mr. Howard. That sounds like a splendid idea that just might be enough to score you some redemption points towards your earlier mishap," John says to Boomer after he hearing Maddy's suggestion. "And please remember. 11389, Mr. Howard. Not 1398. That's why she's here."

*As John would leave Boomer in a nervous state of mind with Maddy at the register, there was some faint groaning that was coming from way in the back of the store where some of the aisles had flipped under the floor instantaneously as soon as midnight began to close in. They were replaced with identical isles that were filled with things that catered to...a different set of customers, to say the least.*

And so Boomer walks over to the register that was a couple of feet from where Maddy was and stood at the register, unable to help but to keep looking over at the isles every couple of seconds as he tried to explain the process of ringing up items whilst using the customers that came to show examples.