The Heroes of Olympus Mark of Athena Fanfic, Rainbow Style

rainbow_goddess posted on Jun 27, 2012 at 08:58AM
Annabeth
Annabeth leaned over the edge. Her heart pounded. She was finally going to see her boyfriend, Percy Jackson, after eight long months. Most of the senior campers from Camp Half-Blood came along. Leo Valdz steering the Argo II. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw Jason Grace and Piper McLean holding hands, talking. She hoped that the video Leo sent would let the Romans know that they weren't the enemy. But after watching Leo talk, she started to think that instead of helping them, Leo would get them killed in painful, nasty ways.
Piper and Jason came up next to her. Annabeth looked at them. "What do you think will happen?" she whispered.
Jason gazed into space. "I don't know."
Suddenly, a cloud parted and what Annabeth saw nearly gave her a heart attack. Camp Jupiter. The landscape displayed below her was beautiful. The hills were green. The Roman style temples and buildings were unbelievable. Her mouth hung open.
Leo's voice echoed through the speekers. "Attention everyone. We have arrived in Camp Jupiter. And they have spotted us. Jason, please kindly wave so that the Romans know that you are with us."
Annabeth sighed. Leo had the wierdest mind of them all. Piper and Jason rolled their eyes.
Below them, a large crowd of people stood, screaming and shouting. Then as the Argo II got closer, Annabeth saw that most of them carried weapons. Uh-oh, Annabeth thought.
"Leo!" Jason suddenly yelled. "You're going to land in the forum! Move to the left!"
Leo obeyed. Romans ran to meet them. Annabeth scanned the crowds, hoping to see Percy. Then she saw him. He had his arms around a girl with curly brown hair, who was about thirteen or fourteen, and a large bulky guy. The guy looked around sixteen.
"PERCY!!!!!!!!" she screamed. Percy dropped his arms and their eyes met.
"Annabeth!!" Percy cried.
Annabeth leaped off even before the ship landed. The Romans made way for her. She could feel tears streaming down as she ran. She tackled Percy and leaped into his arms. It felt so good to be wrapped in his powerful, strong arms. She felt so safe in his grasp that she didn't want to let go. But Percy pulled back and looked into her eyes with those beautiful sea green eyes that Annabeth haven't seen in such a long time.
"I've missed you, Wise Girl," Percy whispered.
"I've missed you too, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said. She looked up and saw that there were tears in his eyes too.
Percy pulled her back into his arms and kissed her. A real kiss on the lips. They stood there for such a long time that Annabeth didn't realize that everyone was watching, until whoops and applause filled the air. Annabeth felt her face turn burning hot.
Percy gripped her hand. "Come on. Follow me. There's someone I want you to meet." He pulled her along, until they were standing in front of Jason, Leo, and Piper. They were talking with the two kids Percy had his arms around of before and another girl, who looked about fifteen. She had long black hair, and dark, intense brown eyes.
"Annabeth," Percy said. "Meet Hazel Levesque, daughter of Pluto." He pointed to the girl with curly brown. Annabeth saw that her eye were gold, like a 14-karat gold peice.
Annabeth managed a faint "hi". Hazel nodded and smiled warmly.
"This is Frank Zhang," Percy introduced. He nodded to the big, bulky boy. "He's a son of Mars. And my distant, ah, very distant half brother. Frank is probably the only nice child of the war god."
Frank blushed. Annabeth smiled. She realized that Frank had a strange combination of a strong man, and a pudgy babyish face.
Percy pointed to the other girl, who was talking to Jason. "That's Reyna, daughter of Bellona, the war goddess. She's the praetor of this legion."
Jason turned to Percy. "You replaced me?"
Annabeth had no idea what Jason was talking about. But Percy looked down and shuffled his feet nervously. "I didn't want to. But the legion insisted. And Reyna," he added nervously.
Jason's eyes were dangerous and threatening. Piper touched his shoulder. "It's all right. We'll figure this out."
Annbeth introduced Jason, Piper, and Leo, to Hazel and Frank. Hazel stared at Leo. "You're Sammy."
"What?" Annabeth asked. The others looked euqually confused. Leo stared at Hazel as if she had popped out from his nightmare.
Percy was about to explain when Reyna interrupted. "We'll talk about this at the meeting." She raised her voice and shouted. "Senators and Greeks. Meet me in the Senate House."
Annbeth looked at Percy questioningly. "Just follow me," he said.
All the others from Camp Half-Blood joined up with them. Percy turned back and announced, "Everyone. Listen up. No weapons allowed, so you're gonna have to take them out. You'll get them back, but we don't want the meeting to get bloody."
They marched to the city. The statue, Terminus, made sure all the weapons were placed safely on the metal tray.
They arrived at the Senate House right on time. Percy took the seat next to Reyna at the head. Jason kept giving Percy a murderous look. Percy looked very uncomforatable, because Reyna kept taking hold of his hand. Annabeth felt a strong pulse of jelousy rippling inside her.
Reyna stood. "Jason, I would like to hear your story. From the very beginning. Then Percy will tell you his. Then, we must discuss the problem that our long lost praetor, Jason, has come back, and Percy has just recently been raised at the second praetor. But that'll be for later. Jason, you may begin."
Jason stood and took a deep breath. Then he began.

This is my first fanfic, so i hope that you all like it. and i would LOVE comments. they dont hafta be positive. but keep them constructive. enjoy!
last edited on Jun 27, 2012 at 09:29AM

The Heroes of Olympus 1080 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 501-550 of 1080

over a year ago rainbow_girl said…
meh
yeah. writing homework. then i have c-notes for history. piano, trumpet.
IM DONE!!!!!

Jason's words scrambled in her mind, repeating itself in her head. That the gods are almost hypnotized by a voice..... Khione, the snow goddess.
Reyna shook her head. She couldn't be afford to get distracted. She had to think.
“Having troubles?” A smug voice called.
“Octavian.” She sighed. “What do you want?”
Octavian laughed. “You seem very troubled. And that Percy Jackson won't be doing much help. Look at him! In the infirmary for the second time in one week! It's his fault that he keeps getting injured that the seven aren't able to leave!”
Anger boiled inside Reyna. Part of her wanted to smash him into cheese fondue. The other part wanted her to whip out her sword and slit his throat. Although that wouldn't be a good sight. And there was a third part of her brain that realized thought that he was right. Percy was holding them back. If the seven could leave first, forget about the competition, and have Percy join up with them...
Octavian cleared his throat. She hadn't realized that she'd been standing there for a full minute.
“I'll think about it,” Reyna said firmly. But something distracted her. Octavian's jacket sleeve was brushed up by the wind and Reyna could make out a circle, the earth, branded on his left forearm.
The earth. Oh gods, she was stupid.
“Octavian. What is that on your arm?”
He quickly pulled his sleeve down. “What are you talking about?”
“Your. Arm,” Reyna repeated, her voice dangerously calm. She knew that Octavian knew that tone.
“What about it?”
“You have a tattoo, on your left forearm.”
Octavian laughed nervously. “Oh that. Just a child's tattoo. Julia told me I should try it.”
“Why an earth?”
He shrugged. “It was the one she gave me. So I just decided to use it.”
Reyna held out her hand. “Let me see.”
“Of course not!”
She crossed her arm. Octavian gulped.
“Well then,” she said sternly. “That gives me a reason to be suspicious.”
Octavian's eye grew wide with surprise. “Wh-Reyna! I don't know what you're saying!”
“I think we should talk with the senate about this.” Reyna turned to walk away, but a force slammed into her, knocking her to the ground.
She could barely turn around, since something was on top of her, pinning her to the ground. But she could just manage to see Octavian's cruel face, grinning wickedly.
There was no one nearby, but if she could scream...
A hand clamped over her mouth before she could even make a sound come out.
Octavian flipped her over, his hand still over her mouth, and pulled out a knife.
Reyna struggled, but it was hopeless. She didn't want to die, especially since they had a dangerous enemy, but it seemed like Octavian wasn't having any second thoughts.
His hand moved from her mouth to her throat and squeezed hard. She gagged and tried to call out, but her vision was already dimming. Octavian raised the knife, and Reyna prepared for the pain to come.
Instead, she heard her name being called.
A shape slammed into Octavian and she heard yells and screams. People shouted her name, but it felt like the world was spinning around her.
Reyna gasped for breath, before falling into darkness, wondering if she'll ever wake up.

its not a lot, but i want to quickly write the next chappie.
whose pov should it be?
over a year ago LeoNicoCrazaiii said…
FREAKING ASHUMMMM !!!!!! octavian never trusted tht creep >*_*< i wanna kill him myself ... i think i watch too many murder shows o.O
imma go outta the blueeeee ,,, next pov should be octavian loved to see wht the murderer is thinking
post!
okay! thanks for the idea LNC! but it might be shorter than most, cuz its just to see what hes thinking. i might tag on the chappie after that though.
over a year ago kkw1700 said…
AHHHH! AMAZING. EPIC. AMAZINGLY EPIC. :O
over a year ago tristain714 said…
that was a great post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big smile
im working on octavians pov.
crying
my moms taking my computer away.
Awwww :`(
over a year ago jberagon17 said…
cool
post when you can
smirk
nooooooooo she might be on octavians sideeeeeeeee!!!!!
watch out rainbow ...
u never know who u can trust
but for sure SHE'S EVILLLLLLLLL in a mommy kind of way xP
Its cuz she needs it for a meeting. im using my phone right now. ill contine working on the chapie when i get it back.
blush
ohhh... okaiii then never mind :$ tell ur mommy i said srry :P
over a year ago runnergirl13 said…
epic! =)
@LNC: its okay. she doesnt no, so if i say "Hey mom. LeoNicoCrazaiii is sorry." shes just gonna go like "Wha? Are you sure ur all right?"
laugh
LOLZ!
big smile
thanks! I GOT MY COMPUTER BACK!!!!!
woooo-hoooo!!!
Yeah! =P
angry
I HATE HOMEWORK!!!!
i have too much homework, and i still need to do my chinese homework, and my writing homework, and practice trumpet and piano in like 2 hours. AHHHHHH!!!!
i dont no if i have time to post, but ill try to sneak in as much time as i can.
over a year ago snowflakes989 said…
hallo! this is very rare...but i am back for a little bit....hi to all of you new guys! (if you check a couple pages back, you'll see that i was there too.)
OMG! SNOW! BESTIE! I MISSED YOU!
over a year ago snowflakes989 said…
I TOTALLY MISSED YOU GUYS TOO! I'm kinda illegally on fanpop right now..hehehe..so dont tell....:)
big smile
SHE'S BACKKKKKKKKKK
i should call u snow white ... i like snow white and her 7 dwarfs ... do u have dwarfs?

@rainbow good luck with all tht
good post
OMC IMMA CALL YOU SNOW WHITE NAO :D
LOL!!!!!
im glad u still come snow!! i hope the chappie will be finished soon, but curse those f***king homework.
sorry bout my language. just soooo pissed off.
big smile
lmfaoo u gotta let it out somewhere
@LNC: y do u always say 'Imfaoo"? what does it mean?
Laughing my fudging ass off :D

...Except it isnt 'fudging'... xD

OMG SO TRUE ABOUT HW! MY TX HISTORY TEACHER DECIDED TO SAY'Hey, here is two packets, Ill go over one with you, and youll be quizzed on it tomorrow. Oh, youll have one on Friday for tje other packet DX
wow. just wow.
post soon
big smile
working on it!!
Okay
ill probably post on the weekends.
Me too :)
over a year ago cinnominbubble said…
IM BACK!
1)I need to catch up
2)IM A SWIFTIE FOR LIFE
3)18 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE MOA IS IN OUR LONG WAITED CLUTCHES!!!!!!
tongue
yea my friends say it a lot guess i caught up on it
my history teach told my friends to stop taking notes ... he's cool but i noe he noes im stupid in history... tough im awesome in geography ... ive gotta wait :( until January
big smile
its my b-day next week!!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!
i still have the camp this week, but ill fit in at least an hour to work on the chappie, hopefully.
btw, whose pov should be after octavian?
big smile
here u go!!

Octavian
Why? Why did that Jason Grace had to be nearby? Why did Percy Jackson even came by when he was so close to being praetor when Jason disappeared?
The questions filled Octavian with rage as his fellow soldiers chained his wrists and dragged him along to the court house.
He tried calling in the power from his new tattoo, using the power of the earth as Gaea had taught him. No such luck. Maybe he was too angry? But if he could call on the power, then the Romans would be sorry they ever messed with him!
He tried struggling, but they had him too tight.
Theo, the other First Cohort centurion, leaned forward and whispered into his ear. “Oh don't worry too much, Octavian. It will be quick and painless.”
He kind of doubt that. “Why?” he asked.
Theo laughed. “What do you mean? We. Saw. You.”
“Theo!” A new voice barked. “Come over here! Reyna is unconscious!”
Octavian suppressed a smile. Ha! Served her right.
The other guard tightened his wrist around Octavian's arm. “Come along,” he said in a gruff voice.
They arrived at the courthouse, and Octavian was forced into the front seat, where he would be facing the judges.
His guard took of his chains, and shoved his wrists into the metal rings installed into the armrest (I have no idea what it's called).
Just then, Percy walked into the room, followed by Annabeth, who was fussing about his condition and blah blah blah.
Then Jason walked in and gave Octavian the evil eye. He did his best to stare him down, but the fact that both Percy and Jason are judging him, thing aren't going to go well.
He turned his eyes back on Percy. He looked pretty good, for someone who was shot by lightning only a few hours ago. His hair was messy, as always, and he still had a small scar on his cheek.
Octavian clenched his fists and watched as Jason and Percy took the praetor seats.
Jason cleared his throat. “Percy and I have decided that I will be the back-up praetor, like now, when Praetor Reyna is in the infirmary, I will be taking her place. And now to that matter of why our praetor is injured.”
All eyes turned to Octavian. People whispered all around him.
“I knew we shouldn't trust him...”
“...his strange tattoo...”
“...the earth...”
“Did you see that?”
“...way he jumped...”
Those pathetic Romans. And the Greeks.
Percy stood up. “It has been seen by a majority of hour soldiers that our augury attempted to kill our praetor.”
There were a few gasps, but others just scoffed.
“Praetor Reyna was nearly choked and stabbed, but luckily, there were spectators and Jason was able to reach there on time. We have plenty of witnesses, so we do not need to vote on whether Octavian is innocent or not. We are here to discuss the punishment.” Percy's voice was cold and sharp, and for the first time, Octavian realized just what a terrible enemy Percy is. And Jason Grace too. Both of them are determined, loyal, and strong, but he has an advantage of one of the strongest goddess in all of Greek and Roman history. Gaea.
Dakota slammed his Kool-Aid flask hard against a table. “DEATH WITH THE TRECHEROUS!!!!”
Others joined in.
“Crucification!” one called out.
“Boiled in hot water!” another screamed.
What kind of punishment was that?
One of the centurions stepped up. “Torture!!”
Octavian winced.
He noticed Percy and Jason exchange glances. They whispered to each other briefly before turning to the crowd.
The Greeks and Romans watched them anxiously.
Jason stood. “We have decided to exile the enemy and forbid him to ever come back. We shall leave him to rot on the streets, hungry, sick, cold, and let him die on the streets with no honor!!”
The Romans cheered, while the Greeks seemed a bit appalled.
Percy shook his head, like he couldn't believe he agreed with that. The praetor glanced at Octavian with a look almost like pity, but his eyes turned hard once more as he walked away.
The guards unlocked Octavian's metal bands and dragged him over the Little Tiber and to the Cadelott Tunnel.
One of the Greek campers, Lou Ellen, pressed a hand on his chest and chanted a few words in Greek.
Warmth spread through his body, from his chest, but it started to burn, then it got painfully hot.
Octavian stifled a scream, but just then, a soldier pushed him into the tunnel, and the pain stopped.
He laughed. “What was that for, you little punk?” He charged at the soldiers but before he could reach them, a force pushed him back and he slid across the dirt floor.
So that was what the Greek was for. To place a spell on him so that he couldn't enter camp.
“I'll get my revenge!” Octavian shouted.
The Romans laughed. “Yeah right,” one scoffed.
“Have fun dying!”
The others laughed and high fived each other.
He watched as they were out of sight.
Octavian knelt on the ground and closed his eyes. “Mother Earth. I have failed you. Please forgive me. I now know what is ahead of me. I will learn from my mistakes, and I will not fail. Please. Give me another chance. I will serve you for the rest of my life if needed to get the respect and honor I deserve. Please Mother. Please Gaea. I swear, on the River Styx, that I will do what you ask and serve you until the gods are no more.” Thunder sounded in the distance.
The ground shook, not an earthquake, but enough to make his teeth chatter. It was as if the earth itself was laughing.
“Not to worry, my little servant,” a cold voice spoke out. Gaea. “You swore, and I've seen what you are capable of. Come, and join my army. You will be safe from the Romans and Greeks. You shall have your revenge.”
The ground shuddered and in front of him, the earth fell apart, leaving a hole with staircases going down into the darkness.
Gathering up his courage, Octavian took a deep breath and walked towards the hole. Then he started down the staircase, the darkness closing in around him, and the voice of Gaea urging him to go on.

how do u like it? creepy huh?
please comment and tell me whose pov should be next.
big smile
aww boo theres a cliffy 8(
AWESOME RAINBOW ... boil in hot water its like a hot tub but a 100 degrees to hawt !
POST! AND HAPPI 3ARLY BURTHDAII
Whoa.. creepy :0
big smile
HAHA!!
lol.
glad u like like.
^^^ what?

^ …^.^
great post! ._.
big smile
please give me suggestions of whose pov it should be next!
Jason, since he was the one who caught the nasty little git :D
post soon
big smile
okay. just need to wait till my mom gets home so i can get started on the chappie. but ill be thinking about what to do next. how do u like the ending of that chappie? kinda mysterious isnt it? i like it.