The Heroes of Olympus Mark of Athena Fanfic, Rainbow Style

rainbow_goddess posted on Jun 27, 2012 at 08:58AM
Annabeth
Annabeth leaned over the edge. Her heart pounded. She was finally going to see her boyfriend, Percy Jackson, after eight long months. Most of the senior campers from Camp Half-Blood came along. Leo Valdz steering the Argo II. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw Jason Grace and Piper McLean holding hands, talking. She hoped that the video Leo sent would let the Romans know that they weren't the enemy. But after watching Leo talk, she started to think that instead of helping them, Leo would get them killed in painful, nasty ways.
Piper and Jason came up next to her. Annabeth looked at them. "What do you think will happen?" she whispered.
Jason gazed into space. "I don't know."
Suddenly, a cloud parted and what Annabeth saw nearly gave her a heart attack. Camp Jupiter. The landscape displayed below her was beautiful. The hills were green. The Roman style temples and buildings were unbelievable. Her mouth hung open.
Leo's voice echoed through the speekers. "Attention everyone. We have arrived in Camp Jupiter. And they have spotted us. Jason, please kindly wave so that the Romans know that you are with us."
Annabeth sighed. Leo had the wierdest mind of them all. Piper and Jason rolled their eyes.
Below them, a large crowd of people stood, screaming and shouting. Then as the Argo II got closer, Annabeth saw that most of them carried weapons. Uh-oh, Annabeth thought.
"Leo!" Jason suddenly yelled. "You're going to land in the forum! Move to the left!"
Leo obeyed. Romans ran to meet them. Annabeth scanned the crowds, hoping to see Percy. Then she saw him. He had his arms around a girl with curly brown hair, who was about thirteen or fourteen, and a large bulky guy. The guy looked around sixteen.
"PERCY!!!!!!!!" she screamed. Percy dropped his arms and their eyes met.
"Annabeth!!" Percy cried.
Annabeth leaped off even before the ship landed. The Romans made way for her. She could feel tears streaming down as she ran. She tackled Percy and leaped into his arms. It felt so good to be wrapped in his powerful, strong arms. She felt so safe in his grasp that she didn't want to let go. But Percy pulled back and looked into her eyes with those beautiful sea green eyes that Annabeth haven't seen in such a long time.
"I've missed you, Wise Girl," Percy whispered.
"I've missed you too, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said. She looked up and saw that there were tears in his eyes too.
Percy pulled her back into his arms and kissed her. A real kiss on the lips. They stood there for such a long time that Annabeth didn't realize that everyone was watching, until whoops and applause filled the air. Annabeth felt her face turn burning hot.
Percy gripped her hand. "Come on. Follow me. There's someone I want you to meet." He pulled her along, until they were standing in front of Jason, Leo, and Piper. They were talking with the two kids Percy had his arms around of before and another girl, who looked about fifteen. She had long black hair, and dark, intense brown eyes.
"Annabeth," Percy said. "Meet Hazel Levesque, daughter of Pluto." He pointed to the girl with curly brown. Annabeth saw that her eye were gold, like a 14-karat gold peice.
Annabeth managed a faint "hi". Hazel nodded and smiled warmly.
"This is Frank Zhang," Percy introduced. He nodded to the big, bulky boy. "He's a son of Mars. And my distant, ah, very distant half brother. Frank is probably the only nice child of the war god."
Frank blushed. Annabeth smiled. She realized that Frank had a strange combination of a strong man, and a pudgy babyish face.
Percy pointed to the other girl, who was talking to Jason. "That's Reyna, daughter of Bellona, the war goddess. She's the praetor of this legion."
Jason turned to Percy. "You replaced me?"
Annabeth had no idea what Jason was talking about. But Percy looked down and shuffled his feet nervously. "I didn't want to. But the legion insisted. And Reyna," he added nervously.
Jason's eyes were dangerous and threatening. Piper touched his shoulder. "It's all right. We'll figure this out."
Annbeth introduced Jason, Piper, and Leo, to Hazel and Frank. Hazel stared at Leo. "You're Sammy."
"What?" Annabeth asked. The others looked euqually confused. Leo stared at Hazel as if she had popped out from his nightmare.
Percy was about to explain when Reyna interrupted. "We'll talk about this at the meeting." She raised her voice and shouted. "Senators and Greeks. Meet me in the Senate House."
Annbeth looked at Percy questioningly. "Just follow me," he said.
All the others from Camp Half-Blood joined up with them. Percy turned back and announced, "Everyone. Listen up. No weapons allowed, so you're gonna have to take them out. You'll get them back, but we don't want the meeting to get bloody."
They marched to the city. The statue, Terminus, made sure all the weapons were placed safely on the metal tray.
They arrived at the Senate House right on time. Percy took the seat next to Reyna at the head. Jason kept giving Percy a murderous look. Percy looked very uncomforatable, because Reyna kept taking hold of his hand. Annabeth felt a strong pulse of jelousy rippling inside her.
Reyna stood. "Jason, I would like to hear your story. From the very beginning. Then Percy will tell you his. Then, we must discuss the problem that our long lost praetor, Jason, has come back, and Percy has just recently been raised at the second praetor. But that'll be for later. Jason, you may begin."
Jason stood and took a deep breath. Then he began.

This is my first fanfic, so i hope that you all like it. and i would LOVE comments. they dont hafta be positive. but keep them constructive. enjoy!
last edited on Jun 27, 2012 at 09:29AM

The Heroes of Olympus 1080 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 1080

over a year ago rainbow_girl said…
yay! more fans! anyways, i just finished my next chappie. its really short though.

Hazel.
Hazel sprinted down the road. She had been so close to Annabeth, but now Annabeth hated her. But Hazel couldn't blame her. She'd gotten Annabeth kidnapped and Percy was nearly killed. Hazel would never forgiver herself.
She found Frank sitting on the grass looking up at the sun. Hazel quickly wiped her eyes and approached him. “Hey.”
Frank smiled at her, the smile that always made her heart dance. “Hey. Want to sit down?” he asked, patting the ground next to him.
Hazel forced a smile, but it felt like it took all her effort. “Sure,” she managed.
“Ready for gladiator training?” Frank said.
Hazel glanced at her spatha in her lap. She wanted to, but after what had happened, she felt like being alone. “Actually, I kindof want to practice riding on Arion. You know, using the spatha correctly.”
Frank nodded. “I understand.”
She smiled. Hazel realized that that was the part she liked most about Frank. He was flexible and was happy as long as she was happy.
She stood. “Well, see you later.” And Hazel ran off.

Hazel had planned on taking a short nap before the evening muster. As she got close to her barrack, she realized that Annabeth and Percy were still inside.
“...Hera thinks you'll make trouble,” Percy was saying.
“...has hated me...the battle of the labyrinth,” Annabeth replied.
Hazel inched closer and peered through the window.
Percy took Annabeth's hand. “Look. Hera gave me this message twice already. I hate her too, but she didn't sound that she was making this up.”
Annabeth shook her head. “I still don't get why you're telling me all this.”
“Ella said this prophecy-” He stopped and looked towards the window Hazel was hiding.
She quickly ducked, breathing hard. Oh gods, don't come out. Don't come out and find me.
Percy's voice continued and Hazel let out a sigh of relief. She looked back in.
“Ella said this prophecy about the Mark of Athena.”
“The Mark of Athena?” Annabeth sounded frightened.
“Yeah. She said 'Wisdom's daughter walks alone, The Mark of Athena burns through Rome.'”
Hazel's throat constricted. What was Percy suggesting?
Annabeth frowned. “That's it?”
Percy shrugged. “There's probably more, but the thing is Hera said you'll cause trouble, and the prophecy said 'Wisdom's daughter'. That must be you. So you must be the Mark of Athena. And 'the Mark of Athena burns through Rome'? It must be connected somehow.”
Annabeth punched Percy's shoulder and laughed. “When did you become so smart?”
“What? Are you saying I wasn't smart before?”
Annabeth cleared her throat. “Anyways, I also had a dream two nights ago.”
Hazel gulped. What was she doing? She was eavesdropping on her friends. But Hazel had a feeling that there would be something important.
“What?” Percy asked. “What was it about.”
Annabeth lowered her voice so that Hazel could barely hear. But she was able to catch most of it. “Gaea said...might be important...her.”
“You?” Percy said.
“Shh! She also...about the Mark of Athena burning through Rome. She thinks that...means I will destroy Rome, which would help her.”
Percy slammed his fists against the side of a book shelf. “Oh gods,” Hazel heard him say. “That's why Hera was warning me. She must've suspected that you would go against the gods.”
Annabeth stiffened. “But I would never do that!”
Percy put a finger to her lips. “Shhh. Let me think for a while.”
Hazel's mind was wheeling. What were they talking about? She spotted a textbook sized piece of diamond on the street.
Great. Just great.
Hazel quickly grabbed it off the road before anyone could see.
The wind picked up and dust blew into her nose.
Hazel tried to hold back the sneeze.
Annabeth's voice sounded inside. “I still don't get it.”
“Wait,” Percy responded. “It Hera suspected-”
AH-AH-AH-AAA-CCCHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Hazel rubbed her nose and leaned closer to the wall.
“What was that?” Percy asked.
Oh crud. They heard her.
Annabeth's voice replied. “I don't know. Let's check it out.”
Hazel scrambled back about twenty feet and started walking towards the door, rubbing her nose.
Percy and Annabeth walked out.
“Oh, it's Hazel,” Annabeth said. Her shoulders relaxed.
Percy grinned at her. “Shouldn't you be training with Frank?”
Hazel shuffled her feet. This was going as well as she thought. “We trained for awhile, but I was getting tired, cause I couldn't sleep last night. I was thinking about taking a nap before the evening muster.”
Hazel yawned.
“Did you hear that sneeze?” Annabeth asked. “It nearly made me jump out of my skin!”
Hazel blushed. “Sorry. It was me. Got a bit of dust in my nose.”
Percy's jaw dropped. “That was you? It was so loud!”
Hazel turned even redder. “Sorry. Didn't mean it startle you.”
Annabeth shrugged. “It's all right. Well, we'd better let you get your nap.”
Percy nodded. “Come on. See you later Hazel!” He grabbed on to Annabeth's hand and dragged her along with Annbeth shouting, “Slow down Seaweed Brain!”
Hazel watched as Percy pulled her into a long kiss. Annabeth's golden hair nearly glowed in the setting sunlight.
Hazel turned and went into the room and collapsed into a dreamless sleep.
over a year ago SilverOwl2233 said…
Wow! A lot of people came back!! Awesome chapter rainbow!!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago LeosGirl said…
heart
Awesome chapter! Nicely written!
big smile
thanks! the next chappie will be in leos pov. but it will also be short. the chapter after that will be the preator battle.
but ill be leaving for dc on thurs for a competition, and i dont no if i will be able to post there, but i will be gone for 5 days.
please dont leave and WISH ME LUCK!!!!
over a year ago book-worm said…
Good luck rainbow!!!! Even though you don't need it! You'll do great I'm sure of it!!! What kind of competition is it?
over a year ago snowflakes989 said…
Its a Chinese history competition.
*shuders* sounds difficult
Yep it sounds difficult!! Like book-worm said you don't need good luck! You will do great!! I can't wait for the praetor battle!!
like jepordy (no idea how to spell that) and it an whole us competition. like chinese history, chinese culture, geography, and like 80 chinese phrases memorized and u hafta no the meaning. well technically, were supposed to memorize everything, and i have a whole binder. last night, i was trying to remember all the mountain names, all the rivers, the the attractions in 5 major cities. its a pain.
im working on the next chappie!
ill dedicate the next chapter to the person who gets the 170th comment! so begin posting!
tee hee!
crying
where did everyone go?
over a year ago kkw1700 said…
I'm still here!
yay!
LOL
hey guys, i changed it to 170th comment! so 5 more comments and ill post!
over a year ago tristain714 said…
Your post was great good luck on your compition
Are you chiniese
yeah. im gonna wait till someone gets the 170th comment, then ill post!
im still working on it.
but i have to practice piano first. and im kindof sick right now.
Oh no! Get better rainbow!
yeah!

uh oh... my dad's caught in a typhoon! D:
@rainbow-get better or else i will bend birthday pillow into your face.
@kkw-how?
@kkw: thats so sad. i hope hes okay.
wait. SNOWFLAKES!!! U GOT THE 170TH COMMENT!!! which means that the next chappie will be dedicated to u.
but i have to finish it first. oh dear.
good luck!
blush
Have fun writing rainbow! I know I will....I have to finish another chappie before the end of the night and it has to be action packed
good luck to you too bookworm!
No one has posted on my forum for some time....why did everyone leave?
I didn't leave! I was actually just on my way there
Oh well still. i think i started my forum before rainbow. and barely ayone reads it!
mechdemigod commented…
ill try send me the link over a year ago
Forums are tricky things.....you have to build a lot of relationships as get a lot of fans before you start a forum so your sure people will read it. That's why I'm confused why barely anyone is at rainbows because so many people like rainbow and she's been here for forever
over a year ago LeosGirl said…
I did not leave! Just because I don't comment does not mean I didn't read it. A lot of times I read the chapter but I just can't comment.
@bookworm-i guess you are right. but i think lots read rainbow's story. because its seriously really really good.
@Leosgirl-dot dot dot....you couldnt comment?

~Snow
^thats like what I said on snowflakes forum....or was it this one? All the forums are starting to blur together because I'm switching between four of them
over a year ago thehuntress99 said…
laugh
Kay I promised I would read your moa so I did I loved it update soon!!!
hey huntress! welcome to my forum! im still working on it, and as i said before, the next chappie will be dedicated to snowflakes since she got the 170th comment and she has been here the whole time. well, so has bookworm. actually im gonna dedicate the next chappie to more than one person.
just be patient a bit longer.
I can handle being patient a bit longer
Lol bookworm.
Hey huntress! Welcome to the party here at rainbow's forum.

~Snow
over a year ago somisista said…
meh
what?
@somista- What do you mean what? Oh btw- hi. welcome to the party.

~Snow
big smile
post soon!!!!
over a year ago bookcat said…
surprise
oh my god this is what I've been missing u guys could have at least worned me that this was an awsome story @rainbow can you please help me with my story I'm going thro mager wrighters block HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
okay guys. im leaving. really sorry, for 5 days. so wont be able to post. ill give u what i have so far. okay?

Leo
Leo still couldn't believe that Annabeth had offered him the spot as her co-architect of Mt. Olympus.
After she left, all he could think about was how he would design Mt. Olympus. Sure, he'd never been there before, but Leo could already imagine how beautiful it would look.
Oh, great. He was starting to think like a girl. Not a good sign.
He shook that thought out of his mind and continued building Jason's desk.
In no time, it was finished. Leo pressed a button on the side of the desk and a computer flipped open from the eagle carved on the desk.
Now, you're probably thinking: What? Are you crazy? Now Jason is going to be in trouble every time he uses the computer!
Well Leo would never get his best friend in trouble, so he had added some gadgets so that the computer wouldn't be using wifi, or the internet. So monsters wouldn't sense it.
Annabeth's laptop was just like that too.
Leo had installed a secret computer in every room. He was starting to feel like Commander of all Machines now.
He moved on to the other rooms. Even the bathrooms were done. Less work for Commander Valdez. Only Hazel's and Frank's weren't finished.
Katie had told him that Hazel's room had a lot of work to do, and Leo was afraid of what it looked like.
Leo opened the door and his jaw dropped. He was amazed. But not in a good way. He was amazed on how little the Romans did. The floor wasn't even polished, and there was no mattress on the bed.
“Oh dear,” Leo said to himself. “A lot of work to do now.”
With the help of his new friend, Mr. Tool Belt, Leo managed to build the drawers, desks, lamps, and finish the bed.
“Now with the floor.” Leo sighed and started polishing the wooden floor. It took him forever. When Leo was done, he was covered in dark redwood polish. Great.
Leo peeked into the bathroom and sighed in relief. At least the bathroom was finished.
He trudged towards Frank's room. He was almost there when he spotted Frank walk into the room.
“Wait!” Leo called.
He heard a “Whoa!” Then a “Oh my gods.”
Leo face palmed. “You're not supposed to go in!”
Frank popped his head out. “Sorry. Too curious.”
Leo muttered a few curse words under his breath. Hazel wanted it to be a surprise, and if she found out that Frank already saw it, well, as a general rule, Leo preferred not to die a horrible death, caused by one small rock, which Hazel would be supplying.
“Yeah. Then Hazel gets to give me a cursed rock. That'll be fun,” Leo said out loud.
“Wh-what?”
“Never mind. Just messing with you,”
Frank looked unconvinced, but Leo pushed past him to take a look.
Leo whistled. “Well, I don't hafta do anything to this room. It's already finished!”
Frank nodded. “It's amazing!
“And when Hazel shows you this room, act surprised.”
“Why?”
“Cause she told me not to let you in beforehand or she's going to throw a cursed rock at me.”
Frank blinked. “How do you know they're cursed?”
Leo wished he hadn't opened his big mouth. The truth was, he learned about Hazel's curse through his dreams, and he didn't want anyone to know about it before he could figure out what these dreams meant.
“I-I...uh,” he swallowed. “She kind of mentioned it a few days ago.”
Frank stared at him, clearly unconvinced. “Okay.”
over a year ago bookcat said…
sad
nice and I hope you come soon. ganna miss you
over a year ago Azaghast said…
wink
Your chapters are just so great!! Good Luck for the competition! and keep posting! You've got a real loyal and helping fan in me :P
over a year ago thehuntress99 said…
YAY! You posted. Thanks to everyone that said welcome. Post soon!!!
Great chapter!! Good luck!!
over a year ago tristain714 said…
good luck book-worm and rainbow _girl
could you guys read my forum its in the cross overs club though its called heros of olympus meet the kanes i would post the link but i cant because im on my nook
I'm already reading it silly!!!! And could someone tell me why everyone is wishing us luck? Cause I'm just a little confused
lol!

awshum shtuff rainbow!!
big smile
Thanks everyone!!!! I'm using my phone right now, so I don't think I can post. u can spam all u want. ill still check fanboy, but I won't be able to post chappies.
Thats fine! But please post when you get back!!