The Heroes of Olympus Mark of Athena Fanfic, Rainbow Style

rainbow_goddess posted on Jun 27, 2012 at 08:58AM
Annabeth
Annabeth leaned over the edge. Her heart pounded. She was finally going to see her boyfriend, Percy Jackson, after eight long months. Most of the senior campers from Camp Half-Blood came along. Leo Valdz steering the Argo II. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw Jason Grace and Piper McLean holding hands, talking. She hoped that the video Leo sent would let the Romans know that they weren't the enemy. But after watching Leo talk, she started to think that instead of helping them, Leo would get them killed in painful, nasty ways.
Piper and Jason came up next to her. Annabeth looked at them. "What do you think will happen?" she whispered.
Jason gazed into space. "I don't know."
Suddenly, a cloud parted and what Annabeth saw nearly gave her a heart attack. Camp Jupiter. The landscape displayed below her was beautiful. The hills were green. The Roman style temples and buildings were unbelievable. Her mouth hung open.
Leo's voice echoed through the speekers. "Attention everyone. We have arrived in Camp Jupiter. And they have spotted us. Jason, please kindly wave so that the Romans know that you are with us."
Annabeth sighed. Leo had the wierdest mind of them all. Piper and Jason rolled their eyes.
Below them, a large crowd of people stood, screaming and shouting. Then as the Argo II got closer, Annabeth saw that most of them carried weapons. Uh-oh, Annabeth thought.
"Leo!" Jason suddenly yelled. "You're going to land in the forum! Move to the left!"
Leo obeyed. Romans ran to meet them. Annabeth scanned the crowds, hoping to see Percy. Then she saw him. He had his arms around a girl with curly brown hair, who was about thirteen or fourteen, and a large bulky guy. The guy looked around sixteen.
"PERCY!!!!!!!!" she screamed. Percy dropped his arms and their eyes met.
"Annabeth!!" Percy cried.
Annabeth leaped off even before the ship landed. The Romans made way for her. She could feel tears streaming down as she ran. She tackled Percy and leaped into his arms. It felt so good to be wrapped in his powerful, strong arms. She felt so safe in his grasp that she didn't want to let go. But Percy pulled back and looked into her eyes with those beautiful sea green eyes that Annabeth haven't seen in such a long time.
"I've missed you, Wise Girl," Percy whispered.
"I've missed you too, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said. She looked up and saw that there were tears in his eyes too.
Percy pulled her back into his arms and kissed her. A real kiss on the lips. They stood there for such a long time that Annabeth didn't realize that everyone was watching, until whoops and applause filled the air. Annabeth felt her face turn burning hot.
Percy gripped her hand. "Come on. Follow me. There's someone I want you to meet." He pulled her along, until they were standing in front of Jason, Leo, and Piper. They were talking with the two kids Percy had his arms around of before and another girl, who looked about fifteen. She had long black hair, and dark, intense brown eyes.
"Annabeth," Percy said. "Meet Hazel Levesque, daughter of Pluto." He pointed to the girl with curly brown. Annabeth saw that her eye were gold, like a 14-karat gold peice.
Annabeth managed a faint "hi". Hazel nodded and smiled warmly.
"This is Frank Zhang," Percy introduced. He nodded to the big, bulky boy. "He's a son of Mars. And my distant, ah, very distant half brother. Frank is probably the only nice child of the war god."
Frank blushed. Annabeth smiled. She realized that Frank had a strange combination of a strong man, and a pudgy babyish face.
Percy pointed to the other girl, who was talking to Jason. "That's Reyna, daughter of Bellona, the war goddess. She's the praetor of this legion."
Jason turned to Percy. "You replaced me?"
Annabeth had no idea what Jason was talking about. But Percy looked down and shuffled his feet nervously. "I didn't want to. But the legion insisted. And Reyna," he added nervously.
Jason's eyes were dangerous and threatening. Piper touched his shoulder. "It's all right. We'll figure this out."
Annbeth introduced Jason, Piper, and Leo, to Hazel and Frank. Hazel stared at Leo. "You're Sammy."
"What?" Annabeth asked. The others looked euqually confused. Leo stared at Hazel as if she had popped out from his nightmare.
Percy was about to explain when Reyna interrupted. "We'll talk about this at the meeting." She raised her voice and shouted. "Senators and Greeks. Meet me in the Senate House."
Annbeth looked at Percy questioningly. "Just follow me," he said.
All the others from Camp Half-Blood joined up with them. Percy turned back and announced, "Everyone. Listen up. No weapons allowed, so you're gonna have to take them out. You'll get them back, but we don't want the meeting to get bloody."
They marched to the city. The statue, Terminus, made sure all the weapons were placed safely on the metal tray.
They arrived at the Senate House right on time. Percy took the seat next to Reyna at the head. Jason kept giving Percy a murderous look. Percy looked very uncomforatable, because Reyna kept taking hold of his hand. Annabeth felt a strong pulse of jelousy rippling inside her.
Reyna stood. "Jason, I would like to hear your story. From the very beginning. Then Percy will tell you his. Then, we must discuss the problem that our long lost praetor, Jason, has come back, and Percy has just recently been raised at the second praetor. But that'll be for later. Jason, you may begin."
Jason stood and took a deep breath. Then he began.

This is my first fanfic, so i hope that you all like it. and i would LOVE comments. they dont hafta be positive. but keep them constructive. enjoy!
last edited on Jun 27, 2012 at 09:29AM

The Heroes of Olympus 1080 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 301-350 of 1080

over a year ago rainbow_girl said…
big smile
OMG!!!! we got to 300 posts!
i get 301 post!!!
cake
NEW PAGE!!! cake for everyone!!!
over a year ago book-worm said…
New pages deserve chappies
over a year ago kkw1700 said…
Yes, yes it does.
yep. thats why im working on it right now.
sunny
*eagerly waiting*
Will it be up today?
hopefully. cuz i still have a few hours before i go to school. AHHHHH!!!!!! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!
well, more like the intro, cuz its only half day, but AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Aw, that sucks.
Hey, am i the only one with ads for the Aulani hotel in Hawai'i?
uh what? im confused.
right now, im debating whether i should add more to the chapter, or just keep it the way it is yet. but then the praetor isnt decided yet.
well, im sorry kkw, but ull hafta wait just a bit longer.
big smile
this is part of the next chapter.

Jason
Everything was going well, until the lightning started. He was determined to earn back his title of praetor. As soon as Reyna said, “Let the battle begin!” Jason drew his gladius and charged. Percy's sword whipped out of nowhere and clashed against his. They started parrying and striking at each other, but they couldn't seem to hurt each other. It went on for minutes, and he knew that the audience were waiting for something to happen. Jason had had some time to learn some Greek techniques, so he had thought he would have the upper hand, knowing both Greek and Roman techniques while Percy only knew Greek, but it was hard to tell Percy's pattern in his strikes.
Jason leaped to the side as Percy swung, and made an attempt to slice at his side. Percy's shield came down to block his strike and before he knew it, his sword was gone. Percy struck again and Jason blocked with his shield.
BAM!
Jason knocked Percy's helmet off. In his moment of distraction, Jason leaped for his sword and stabbed.
Percy flipped backwards and his gladius was caught in between his feet. Percy landed with Jason's gladius between his feet. Then he kicked Jason's sword aside.
“Yaaaaaahhh!!!” Jason charged forward with his shield in front of him, attempting to push Percy back. It didn't happen like that. A streak of electricity shot from his shield and zapped Percy in the chest, and the son of Poseidon flew back ten feet.
Jason grabbed his sword and charged. Percy got up and suddenly the wind picked up. Jason was blown off his feet and saw a hurricane of air and water vapor around Percy.
Oh my gods.
Jason rolled to the side just as Percy struck at the ground missing his face by maybe two inches.
The crowd was screaming and yelling, but with the noise from the hurricane, it was hard to tell what they were saying.
Jason risked at quick glance at the hurricane and saw lightning in it. That doesn't make sense.
He didn't have a lot of time to dwell on that because a wave of wind was hurled in his direction. On an instinct, Jason used his powers to change the direction of the wind.
He concentrated harder, but the hurricane was too fast. His mind started to hurt when suddenly the wind stopped.
Jason looked up and saw a surprised Percy standing in front of him with no hurricane around him. Jason took that moment to strike, but man, that guy really has some fast reflexes because Percy blocked his strike and the rest his eyes couldn't follow. He felt his sword leave his grip and his helmet flew off and pain flared up in his left shoulder.
Jason leaped up and hovered in the air, controlling his breathing. He looked at his shoulder and saw a cut, with blood already gushing out. Great. Then he looked down and saw Percy going for his gladius. No way we Jason going to lose his sword. He sent another wave of wind, knocking Percy aside. Jason swooped down and gripped his sword and sliced upward, making Percy stumble backwards.
He landed gracefully. He looked up and was about to give a smirk when a powerful jet of water hit him straight in the face. Jason sat up, spluttering and spitting water out of this mouth and gasping for air.
Instinctively, he raised his sword. Just in time. Riptide struck his blade. Jason twisted his wrist to unlock their blades and used his shield to block the next strike while he slashed at Percy's legt.
“Ahh!” Percy leaped back summoned water.
Jason braced himself, but he realized that Percy was wrapping the water around his injured leg. In no time, the wound was gone.
That's not fair! Jason wanted to yell.
Anger filled him but before he could do anything, the hair on his forearms stood up. Lightning.
Percy must have sensed it too. His eyes widened and leaped aside just as the ceiling spit opened and lightning struck the spot where Percy was standing only a second ago.
Everyone screamed.
“Percy!” Annabeth shouted.
Percy dodged another streak of lightning.
“Jason! Do something!” Percy screamed at him.
Then a bolt struck Percy in the chest sending him flying against the wall.
“Nooo!!!!” Annabeth screamed.
“Percy!” Someone else shouted.
The arena was in chaos and Jason couldn't allow anyone else to get hurt. Jason clenched his fists and closed his eyes, concentrating on the storm. Come on. Come on.
Pain filled his muscled and with one loud yell, the storm stopped. No more thundering. He stood there, gasping for breath when suddenly his vision blurred and collapsed on the ground.
“Jason!” someone yelled, but it sounded far away. “Jason!”
The world started spinning and a cold voice pierced his mind. “What are you going to do now? You will be blamed for this. Percy Jackson is hurt badly, because of lightning, because of you. Demigod will be turned against each other. What will you do now, Jason Grace?”
And Jason fell into darkness.

I WILL FINISH THIS SOON!!!
Its okay, raibow! It wouldnt be fair if i got mad atyou for making me wait when im making you wait for my stories!
ugh. im still thinking about how i should transition this and have the result of the battle in this chapter.
i might have less time to post, now that school starts.
sad
where did everyone go?
over a year ago demigod324 said…
hey i just found this forum and i thinks its really good. post soon
WELCOME demigod!!!
thanks. ugh. school. i cant post today, but ill try to post tomorrow after school.
over a year ago demigod324 said…
school is horible i got lost today
sad
that sucks. i dont have any friends in one of my classes. :(
Aww!
over a year ago Phoenix_Stone said…
big smile
I just started reading this, and I have to say... THIS IS AWSHUM! :D

Coolio. ^.^
Yep.
COOLIO. :O

Rainbow ish Awesome!! ^(*O*)^

XD
wink
thanks!!
and rainbows stands for hope!
i might post tomorrow. like finish the chapter, but no promises.
but i will post by the end of the week. its just, ugh, school! and all the stupid homework.
I still don't start until next Monday....sucks for you! But, good luck, or in Percy Jackson words "may the gods be with you" haha I feel like a nerd!
over a year ago Azaghast said…
Finally caught up! read this after sometime and the story is going great!! BTW what's happened to Percy? Is The quest going to be delayed??
over a year ago cinnominbubble said…
Iris, I started reading now, PLEASE NEVER STOP!!!
over a year ago LeosGirl said…
laugh
^Right?!
over a year ago Phoenix_Stone said…
laugh
Mad Hatter: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! D:
...wait. Has your school started? XD
…all my li-i-i-i-ife...
:)) THIS AND CAPSLOCK ARE AWESOME!((:
angry
AHHHH!!!! STUPID SCHOOL!!!! i already hafta right an autobio on the 2nd day of school!! well, its just an about u essay thing, thats not graded, but still. NOT COOL!!!
ill try to finish this chapter. but it might take a while for me to finish it.
It's all good, we all understand the "school" delay
smile
Cool
big smile
hola cinnominbubble!!! glad ur here. Im really busy with school and all that other stuff, so weekdays might not be the best time for me to post, but i WILL try to post at least one chapter on weekends.
so i give the spam queens full permission to SPAM ALL U WANT!!! just so u dont get bored on my forum.
over a year ago SilverOwl2233 said…
Awesome rainbow!! Post soon!!
Hi!!! And YOU R AWESOME IRIS!!!
Hey cinnominbubble!!!! Where did you go? You didn't get on for forever!!!
over a year ago Phrabow said…
worried
WHAt am i chopped liver, well maybe but if its going to be a liver its going to be goat liver
I was thinking more of a goose liver for you
I'm not allowed on Fanpop. I'm sneaking on shhhh!
i still hafta do homework. im kinda sneaking on too. but ill try my best to work on a post.
big smile
im eating seaweed......
NOM NOM NOM!!!!
^is it yummy?
sad
YES!!! sigh. im not supposed to be on right now. im supposed to be doing my homework.
big smile
i actually finished my homework. wow. im working on it right now. id probably post tomorrw, if i have time.
over a year ago snowflakes989 said…
i want to eat seaweed too!
haha!!!
over a year ago SilverOwl2233 said…
Did you by any chance see Percy buying seaweed?!!
^that would be soooooooooooooo awesome!

Does anyone else get disgusted by eating or smelling things that live in water? You know like fish, clams, shrimp, etc.
over a year ago Phrabow said…
no goat is bettee