The Heroes of Olympus Mark of Athena Fanfic, Rainbow Style

rainbow_goddess posted on Jun 27, 2012 at 08:58AM
Annabeth
Annabeth leaned over the edge. Her heart pounded. She was finally going to see her boyfriend, Percy Jackson, after eight long months. Most of the senior campers from Camp Half-Blood came along. Leo Valdz steering the Argo II. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw Jason Grace and Piper McLean holding hands, talking. She hoped that the video Leo sent would let the Romans know that they weren't the enemy. But after watching Leo talk, she started to think that instead of helping them, Leo would get them killed in painful, nasty ways.
Piper and Jason came up next to her. Annabeth looked at them. "What do you think will happen?" she whispered.
Jason gazed into space. "I don't know."
Suddenly, a cloud parted and what Annabeth saw nearly gave her a heart attack. Camp Jupiter. The landscape displayed below her was beautiful. The hills were green. The Roman style temples and buildings were unbelievable. Her mouth hung open.
Leo's voice echoed through the speekers. "Attention everyone. We have arrived in Camp Jupiter. And they have spotted us. Jason, please kindly wave so that the Romans know that you are with us."
Annabeth sighed. Leo had the wierdest mind of them all. Piper and Jason rolled their eyes.
Below them, a large crowd of people stood, screaming and shouting. Then as the Argo II got closer, Annabeth saw that most of them carried weapons. Uh-oh, Annabeth thought.
"Leo!" Jason suddenly yelled. "You're going to land in the forum! Move to the left!"
Leo obeyed. Romans ran to meet them. Annabeth scanned the crowds, hoping to see Percy. Then she saw him. He had his arms around a girl with curly brown hair, who was about thirteen or fourteen, and a large bulky guy. The guy looked around sixteen.
"PERCY!!!!!!!!" she screamed. Percy dropped his arms and their eyes met.
"Annabeth!!" Percy cried.
Annabeth leaped off even before the ship landed. The Romans made way for her. She could feel tears streaming down as she ran. She tackled Percy and leaped into his arms. It felt so good to be wrapped in his powerful, strong arms. She felt so safe in his grasp that she didn't want to let go. But Percy pulled back and looked into her eyes with those beautiful sea green eyes that Annabeth haven't seen in such a long time.
"I've missed you, Wise Girl," Percy whispered.
"I've missed you too, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said. She looked up and saw that there were tears in his eyes too.
Percy pulled her back into his arms and kissed her. A real kiss on the lips. They stood there for such a long time that Annabeth didn't realize that everyone was watching, until whoops and applause filled the air. Annabeth felt her face turn burning hot.
Percy gripped her hand. "Come on. Follow me. There's someone I want you to meet." He pulled her along, until they were standing in front of Jason, Leo, and Piper. They were talking with the two kids Percy had his arms around of before and another girl, who looked about fifteen. She had long black hair, and dark, intense brown eyes.
"Annabeth," Percy said. "Meet Hazel Levesque, daughter of Pluto." He pointed to the girl with curly brown. Annabeth saw that her eye were gold, like a 14-karat gold peice.
Annabeth managed a faint "hi". Hazel nodded and smiled warmly.
"This is Frank Zhang," Percy introduced. He nodded to the big, bulky boy. "He's a son of Mars. And my distant, ah, very distant half brother. Frank is probably the only nice child of the war god."
Frank blushed. Annabeth smiled. She realized that Frank had a strange combination of a strong man, and a pudgy babyish face.
Percy pointed to the other girl, who was talking to Jason. "That's Reyna, daughter of Bellona, the war goddess. She's the praetor of this legion."
Jason turned to Percy. "You replaced me?"
Annabeth had no idea what Jason was talking about. But Percy looked down and shuffled his feet nervously. "I didn't want to. But the legion insisted. And Reyna," he added nervously.
Jason's eyes were dangerous and threatening. Piper touched his shoulder. "It's all right. We'll figure this out."
Annbeth introduced Jason, Piper, and Leo, to Hazel and Frank. Hazel stared at Leo. "You're Sammy."
"What?" Annabeth asked. The others looked euqually confused. Leo stared at Hazel as if she had popped out from his nightmare.
Percy was about to explain when Reyna interrupted. "We'll talk about this at the meeting." She raised her voice and shouted. "Senators and Greeks. Meet me in the Senate House."
Annbeth looked at Percy questioningly. "Just follow me," he said.
All the others from Camp Half-Blood joined up with them. Percy turned back and announced, "Everyone. Listen up. No weapons allowed, so you're gonna have to take them out. You'll get them back, but we don't want the meeting to get bloody."
They marched to the city. The statue, Terminus, made sure all the weapons were placed safely on the metal tray.
They arrived at the Senate House right on time. Percy took the seat next to Reyna at the head. Jason kept giving Percy a murderous look. Percy looked very uncomforatable, because Reyna kept taking hold of his hand. Annabeth felt a strong pulse of jelousy rippling inside her.
Reyna stood. "Jason, I would like to hear your story. From the very beginning. Then Percy will tell you his. Then, we must discuss the problem that our long lost praetor, Jason, has come back, and Percy has just recently been raised at the second praetor. But that'll be for later. Jason, you may begin."
Jason stood and took a deep breath. Then he began.

This is my first fanfic, so i hope that you all like it. and i would LOVE comments. they dont hafta be positive. but keep them constructive. enjoy!
last edited on Jun 27, 2012 at 09:29AM

The Heroes of Olympus 1080 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 351-400 of 1080

over a year ago rainbow_girl said…
@book-worm: my dad does. he doesnt eat seafood and he hates the smell. me? well, im ok, but sometimes i get disgusted from the smell.
over a year ago kkw1700 said…
Hm.. well, not really. I <3 crab/ crabcakes and salmon.

On a totally/ kinda random note, my dad is just strange. He likes tomato sauce, ketchup, tomatoe juice (blech), etc., but he doesn't like tomatoes.
over a year ago book-worm said…
I LOST THE GAME AGAIN!!!!!!): poop
over a year ago SilverOwl2233 said…
What game???!!
cool
Crap! I did too!
over a year ago snowflakes989 said…
Not the game again!!! *RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GLARE­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!*
ROFLOLOLL!
over a year ago LeoNicoCrazaiii said…
omg! awesome storyyyy!!!!postttt!!!
fortune cookie im like ur daddy but no tomatoe juice didnt noe tht exsited
vattt game ?!? the old time tlkin one ???
then i agree with snow -GLARE- xD
sad
oh dear. i started going crazy on book-worm's forum cuz of the game. sorry that i havent posted in a while. but its just that its the start of a new year, and blah bah blah, so theres a bunch of like catching up for orchestras and rehearsals. cuz i just got back from a 3 hour rehearsal. and im having it again tomorrow and sunday.
NNOOOOOOO!!!!!
over a year ago snowflakes989 said…
lol good luck with that. lets all spam here! or on my forum! or on bookworms! or anywhere!
just got back from school. YIPEE!!!! I GOT THROUGH THE FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL!!!!! about 30 left to go. sigh.
First weeks of school are usually pretty crazy!!
meh
lol well i hope u survive ... sk0ol starts in about 2 weeks for me then im heading to gr 8:D with the scariest and meanest music teacher ... well im excited
over a year ago demigod324 said…
personally i think my music teacher is the meanest...he is pure hades spawn.....no wait Gaea spawn
Im not in music, I'm not talented that way, I can sing though...but I'm not in choir, not enough time in the day!):
in my school up until 9th grade you are required to either play an instrument or sing in choir
Lame......I hate requirements
My band teacher is awshum... wait, band or music? Oh, i agree D324.
my band instructor is mean but he can be awesome at times i guess like when he walked out on the football field during half time of a varsity football game in a toga....or when he stood on the roof of culvers in a toga
^ Hahahahaha!
i think if you go to youtube you can look up mr wilson wears his toga and you can see my awesome...ish band teacher in a toga
Does he like togas? Gasp! Do you think he went to camp Jupiter and was a centurion and he just kept his toga?
^OMFGAWDS IT'S A CONSIRACY!! (>o>) (<o<) (>o>) (<o<)

XD
angry
our music teacher is SOOOOO HALARIOUS!!! and hes in love with his ipad. but i do color guard.
AND NOOOOOO!!!!!! its like almost 10 pm where i live, and i just found out that i will be gone just about the whole day tomorrow. NOOOO!!! IM SOOOO SORRY!!!
please excuse me while i let out a few colorful words.....
******************************a few hours later********************************
sorry about. that. ugh. just sooooo stressed out right now.
I'm sorry your stressed rainbow, I'm gonna be gone like all day too!!! It's stressful
crying
yeah. so sad.
Random comment!
if it maked you feel any better rainbow i will be at a leadership training session all day today
Sorry you are stressed. We shall be waiting. :)
big smile
thanks.
Have fun today!
tongue
okay. im back and it was torture. and now, people r over, so i cant be on my computer too long.
ugh!
Yay! Your back!
ok so you guys are goona think this is a strange question but what do you do if your little brother opens a door and the door hits your foot and slices the toes and breaks the nail off?
mechdemigod commented…
oooooooowwwwwwww over a year ago
You yell at him.....depending how old he is, 8 and older yell, anything younger tell him how much it hurts and how he needs to be more careful
sick
hes nine...and my toe really hurts
uhhhh, well if it was my brother (hes older), i would scream at him, lightly punch him in the stomach, stomp on his foot, and gently slap him.

i might be able to post tomorrow.
yay for posting....so if i get in trouble for hitting my brother can i blaim it on you rainbow?
big smile
i agree with rainbow ... id yell like crazy ( im not to nice to my siblings xD) oh id also run to my mom and tell on him :P thts how my whole family routines is
well i will be waiting for the maybe post tmmrw (;
well, if it was my brother, (hes older), then i would scream at him, lightly punch him in the stomach, stomp on his foot a few times, and gently slap him across his face a few times.

btw, i might be able to post tomorrow.
@rainbow-didnt you already say that?

@demigod-you can blame me if you want!
oops. sorry. it didnt come out, so i wrote it again.
over a year ago LeosGirl said…
heart
Post when you can rainbow! I was really stressed out the first week of school, too. I almost had a couple of nervous break downs (Sadly, I've done it before because I get stressed easily). But everything is going to be okay! Remember: Awesome things happen to awesome people!
^i thought it was awful things happen to awesome people, like Percy's mom
yeah. i feel bad for percy's mom.
i usually have plenty of time on the weekends, but this week was exceptional. and next weekend and next next weekend, i have this workshop from like 1 to 4, i think. but im pretty sure, after that, i will be more open. and there will be a few weekends where i need to practice color guard or i have a competition or were going to disneyland and stuff like that. but i will continue to slowly finish this chapter.
but i need to ask u guys something, do u want the result of the battle in this chapter?
YES!!!!!
big smile
ok. im not done with the chapter, but ill give u guys a sneak peek of what i have so far.

Jason woke up, feeling very sore. Every part of his body hurt. His head hurt. His chest hurt. And his arms and legs hurt. He felt like Tyson had just assaulted him with that giant “stick” of his. His arms were pink and his nails were cracked.
He slowly sat up, using his elbow to support him. “OW,” he muttered as he pressed his hand against his temple.
“Jason!” someone shouted, making him nearly jump out of his skin, then crushed him in giant hug. Causing his chest to flare in pain. But though the pain, he could smell cinnamon scented shampoo. Only Piper used that. Piper.
“Ow!!!” Jason screeched. “Gods Piper! Don't do that!”
Piper blushed as she pulled back. “Sorry.” Her choppy, brown hair was tied in a braid and her multi-colored eyes sparkled.
“Where-?” Jason faltered as he scanned his surroundings. He was lying in a soft, white bed. Light filtered through the window, hitting the white walls, making Jason squint. On both sides of him were more beds. Some of them were occupied, but most of them seemed unused.
“Infirmary,” Piper told him.
“Yeah. I kind of figured that out. But why-?” Jason stopped. He looked down at his T-shirt and realized that it was the same one he'd worn during the battle. Then he remembered. The battle. Then something clicked in his mind. Percy. Percy was struck by lightning.
“How's P-Percy?” Jason stammered. He knew that Annabeth and the rest of Percy's friends would blame him for what had happened to him, but he had to know.
Piper's face darkened. “He's healing. Annabeth and Reyna were at his side constantly. Tyson sort of made a flood in the stables.”
Jason laughed, and to his relief, Piper smiled.
“Where is he?”
Piper pointed to his left, where in the distance was a small crowd of people. “What about Leo?”
“He's with Hazel and Annabeth, trying to calm them down. Well, Percy is like a brother to her.”
But he thought of how he was angry, then the storm started. Now all he felt was guilt. “It's all my fault,” he blurted out.
Piper blinked. “What do you mean?”
“The lightning, Percy getting hurt.”
“No! No! It's not your fault.”
Jason shook his head. “It is. I-I was angry,” he confessed.
“J-Jason. What are you talking about?”
He found himself blurting out everything. How he resented Percy for getting all the attention, even if he wasn't trying too. And how he stole Jason's position of praetor. “I mean, Percy's cool and all that, but I just feel as if he took everything from me.”
Piper sat on the side of the bed, and took his hand in hers. “I understand. But have you thought of how you might've stolen some of his life away too? And Percy had a hard time here, to finally get the Roman's respect. While it was easy for you to fit in.”
It made sense. Maybe if he changed to a different topic...
“How long have I been out?” Jason asked.
“A few hours, I guess.”
“Only a few hours?” He was stunned. It felt as if he was out for a day, or something. “What time?”
Piper shrugged. “You just slept past lunch. So about 1:30.”
Jason gripped the side of his bed and slowly slid his feet off the bed. He managed to stand, taking one shaky step at a time. After a few steps, he started to get hang of it.
“Jason,” Piper warned. “The medics said you're not ready to move around yet.”
“I have to see Percy,” he called back.

It really wasn't that hard to find where Percy was. He just went in the direction of the crowd.
“Excuse me.” Jason pushed through the crowd.
“Jason,” someone whispered.
His name spread through the people as he pushed through. Eyes turned towards him. Jason ignored them all. When he finally got to the front, he saw Annabeth and Reyna at Percy's side. Hazel was biting her nails nervously while Frank tried to calm her. Leo was next to Annabeth, talking to her gently.
Most of Percy's old friends were there too.
Jason silently walked forward. Leo turned his head and nodded at him. Jason turned to a medic. “How is he?”
The medic shrugged. “Better than I thought. Probably because he's a son of the sea god. Less vulnerable to burning.”
Jason let out a silent sigh of relief.
“But he still suffered a pretty major burn. But I think with the medical equipment we have, he should be well very soon.”
“That's good,” Jason said.
“Jason,” someone whispered. It was Gwen.
“What is it?”
Gwen swallowed. “I don't think it's good idea to be here right now.”
Jason tilted his head. “Why?”
“Everyone thinks it's your fault that Percy ended up like this. Percy's supporters are really upset.”
“What about my supporters?”
She shrugged. “I don't know. But others don't think you did it on purpose. After all, you stopped the storm and u passed out, which is not a good sign.”
“Gaea,” Jason said, remembering his vision.
“What?”
He led Gwen away to a corner. “I think it was her fault. She sent the lightning. She talked to me before I passed out.” Jason looked around, making sure no one was near. “She told me this was her plan. To set demigod against demigod.”
Gwen shook her head in confusion. “But how would she get the power to summon lightning.”
Jason started to shake his head, but an answer suddenly dawned on him. “Khione.”
“Who?”
“The goddess of snow. She whispered into Juno's head, telling her to go the the Wolf House and she got captured. Khione then whispered to Jupiter, and then he closed Olympus. Her voice is hypnotizing.”
Jason waited for it to sink in.
Gwen's eyes widened in horror. “You think-?”
He nodded gravely. “I think that Gaea sent Khione to hypnotize Jupiter into sending the bolt.”
“That means we're in more danger than we've ever thought. If the gods turn on us...”
Jason placed a hand on her shoulder. “We need to think about how to tell the Senate these news.”
“The Romans want the battle finished first,” Gwen pointed out.
He glanced behind him at Reyna. “I figure it out.”
Gwen nodded, and he started towards Reyna.
“Jason,” Piper's voice hissed.
Jason sighed. “What?”
She jerked her head in Annabeth's direction.
Annabeth was glaring at him. Uh-oh.
“She's angry,” Piper warned. She had become close friends with Annabeth, and probably seeing her friend mad was not cool.
Jason nodded. “I need to talk to Reyna.”
He resented the words as soon as they got out of him mouth.
A sour look flashed across Piper's face.
“I need to talk to her about what happened during the battle.”
Piper's face softened a bit, but she nodded. “All right.” Then she turned and walked away.
Great. Now not only did he get Annabeth and Percy's friends angry at him, now his girlfriend was annoyed too. Why did everyone hate him?
Jason gently tapped Reyna's shoulder.
She looked up, her eyes a bit puffy red. Whoa. She really liked Percy.
Jason shook his head to clear his mind.
“What is it?” Reyna asked, annoyed.
“I need to talk to you.”
She sighed. “All right. Let's go to the principia.”

CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!
over a year ago AthenaKnowsBest said…
laugh
Noooooo, not a CLIFFHANGER!!!!
You MUST be universalpowa in disguise...haha jk XD
That was a GREAT sneak peak :)
POST SOON PLEASE

~WisdomGoddess out
last edited over a year ago
Please post soon!!!!
thanks AKB!!! ill try to finish the rest as soon as possible. but this chappie will be really long, so i might just be able to keep on putting parts of it as soon as i finish.