The Worst Generation [The Worst Generation: Hippies, Life, Rave and...Magic?!]

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19PM
rave
/rav/
verb
1. talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
2. speak or write about someone or something with great enthusiasm or admiration.

Hippy
hip·pie
/ˈhipē/
noun
(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

life
/līf/
noun
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
3. a particular type or aspect of people's existence
4. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
5. vitality, vigor, or energy.
6. (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

Magic
mag·ic
/ˈmajik/
noun
1. the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
2. mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
3. a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
4. something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
mag·ic
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***

~Plot Stuff~
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, there existed an otherworldly arcane essence that existed by the name of Magic/Magick. This essence was a variety of things. Lush and in great abundance, full of life and a energy that science had become a pale reflection of in the years that followed. However, it was also an essence that harbored a wicked face as well, bound to attract misfortune and death to all who were able to understand and or obtain it if not tamed properly. The secrets of this essence falling into the wrong hands would bring nothing but catastrophe.

And catastrophe it brought, those hundreds a years ago. One that thrust magic into an era in which it had began to fade and a new form of energy created at the hands of man became the new. The world in which magic had come from became a myth, magic itself became a myth as time progressed and left it to fade and never be seen again.

Or perhaps....what isn't seen isn't truly gone. And perhaps...the world thought to be myth is much more than just so. But what is certain is that what has lurked in the veils of shadows within the darkness, behind illusions of people, places and things. Forces that had managed to slip into the ages of the new world. Those of good. Those of evil and malice. Those of...magic. And perhaps...hope. But...will the newest of generations derived from those hundreds of years be able to face what comes?

And so we fly ahead in time to the present, where villages have become cities of tall structures, and dreams of flight have become a reality.

~TWG Terminology and Lore~

link
link
link
link

~Characters~

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
-
link
Sangeon Park
link
link
-
link
link
link
link
last edited on Mar 11, 2020 at 02:27PM

The Worst Generation 9440 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 401-450 of 9440

over a year ago pLaStIcSUNDAE said…
"Ah, an uber! The one who brought the car here made his way off in one of those. Being chauffeured away does seem a bit more feasible." Yasha thought about it for only a second and ended up frowning. "But then that would lead to either walking or unwanted waiting. Come Yoon, there's no need to be nervous. You've already had a vehicle thrown at you today, and it's not as if you don't know how to drive." She said and was already walking around to the passenger's side door.
over a year ago cosmic_fusions said…
"B-But I haven't driven anything this big! O-Or luxurious and e-expensive... What if I crash? I don't want to crash something that could have paid for all four years of college." However, Yoon found it too late when she saw Yasha already in the passenger door. She gulped, unlocking the doors against her will. And she fell quiet out of anxiousness while slowly entering the main seat, her nostrils taking in the scent of new leather. When she sat down, her legs wiggled some in attempt to reach the accelerator and break. She soon realized she was too short and had to inch the seat forward some. She was practically hugging the steering wheel at this point in order to reach the mechanics.
"Oh don't worry yourself Yoon. I'm not worried about you crashing if you know how to drive." When the doors to the car were unlocked, Yasha opened her door and lowered her head down some to plop herself into the passenger's seat. When she sat down, she reached to her pocket and pulled out her phone only to find that the amount of unread messages that she had noticed before had long since increased. And the notifications all together were far from better, being that there were over four thousand of them. And in seeing this, she felt an odd feeling of relief wash over her knowing that she had put the phone on "silent". But then there was the newer part of her thanks to the vessel that made her want to check every single last message, reply to a few, and just mark all of the other notifications deemed less important as unread.
Yoon took her time turning on the engine. But even with it on, she remained still, her chest practically on the steering wheel to reach. Yoon was silent, staring at the nothingness ahead and hoping something would happen to avoid driving.
Yasha looked over through the phone that she had, searching through the apps that were there out of curiosity. And it didn't take her long for her to recognize which ones were the most used. When she noticed that they were going anywhere after a minute, she lowered the phone from her eyes and raised an eyebrow. "...You..do realize that we have to be in motion for it to be considered driving, right?" She asked, noticing how close Yoon was up against the steering wheel.
“Y-Yeah... yeah, I know...” Yoon gulped. She took in a deep breath before settling her hands on the steering wheel tightly. And slowly, she began to back up from the parking space, having to adjust the mirrors to be able to clearly see the back. And even with already being in motion to exit the building, it was a very slow ride.
Yasha tried to avoid her attention going to the sluggish speed that Yoon was currently keeping the car at. She decided to do a bit of searching through what the phone had to offer, thinking that maybe she would be able to find more information somewhere within the device that the body's memories hadn't pushed to the surface yet. Barely after the passing of three minutes, she could no longer stand moving so slowly in something that was supposed to hasten things. "Yoon for the sake of the gods, drive!" She exclaimed.
last edited over a year ago
Yoon jolted at the sudden outbreak with her name, accidentally pressing the accelerator at full speed. And right before they were about to hit a curb, she was able to break harshly, which sent both of them flying a little forward. Yoon gulped again. "D-Don't rush me!" She begged, taking a moment for another deep breath and continuing driving, this time only a little bit more faster.
Yasha gave a small yelp when the car had jerked them forward, and she said something that didn't sound like it was in English, or any of the known languages actually. She looked over at Yoon, her hands slowly reaching to pull on her seat belt now and her eyes squinting at the youngin. She waited until Yoon had started driving again, still squinting at her before speaking. "You haven't been doing this for that long, have you?"
Yoon blushed beneath her oversized hoodie. "I-I got my license last week..." She admitted. "I-I'm doing fine--you're just r-rushing me!" She kept her eyes on the road despite the frustration. She slowly accelerated some more, keeping a normal pace on the streets with the other cars. "S-See? Everything's f-fine..."
The blonde stared at Yoon after she told her that she had her license for only a week. For some reason, it reminded her of when she had been trying to get her certification for saddling beasts. "You said that you knew how to drive, not that you've barely been in the seat behind the wheel." She crossed her arms, looking to the road ahead as the car went into a pace that aligned with the other cars'. "Fine hm? I suppose if you're able to get us from one location to the other in one piece then yes, everything will be fine."
“Y-yeah, see? No need to worry, just chill.” Yoon told her. At the upcoming yellow light, she slowed her pace until coming to a full stop when it became red, unlike the other cars around her that speeded through the intersection to avoid waiting. She tapped her fingers gently on the steering wheel, checking her surroundings every now and then.
Yasha was a little surprised when she was told to "just chill", a small smile playing at her lips. Her gaze went back to the phone in her hand, but she still spoke to Yoon while the traffic light flashed from yellow to red. She could hear the car that passed them on the right side speeding up while the light was in the middle of the transaction. "Alright then, I'll leave my worries behind us and trust your driving capabilities will get us to where we need to be in no time at all."
"W-Well, time will be needed to get there--It's physically impossible with no time a-at all." She corrected her. She felt herself nervous, finding that without her tunes from her old car. However, while waiting for the light, she dug around her bag in hopes that she packed another USB with music to calm herself. She sighed in relief when she found it, however, had no idea how to function the new car she was in to play music.
Yasha couldn't really decipher whether or not Yoon was being serious when she gave her response or if it had been an attempt at a joke. But she could here the nervousness within her voice when she spoke and glanced over at her for a moment, deciding not to comment on it and continued searching through her phone.

Unlike the former vehicle that Yoon had where there would usually be a radio and its knobs and buttons that went with it in the center, instead the Cadillac's link utilized a screen that looked not too far off like a large tablet with an odd shape. On it's display was a number of icons, applications that were split into two columns with each having self-explanatory names to their functions.
Yoon panicked when she saw the numerous icons on the screen. And as she tried to decipher the code, she realized she would have to connect to bluetooth–something that at the moment she didn't have access to. She inhaled deeply, mumbling quietly to herself a few of her favorite songs to make up for it and calm down. Yoon didn't usually drive at night, so she took extra repercussions when the light turned green and accelerated slowly.
Yasha was quiet for the next few minutes, scrolling through what was to her an endless stream of photos that refused to stop increasing. "How does one have the time to take so many," she muttered to herself, seeing that the first fifty photos had seemed to have all been from the same day. And when considering the fact that Lauren had already been long gone by the time she took the body for herself, she found it out of place and suspicious. Eventually, she came to a stop with what she was doing when something else came to mind. "You spoke of college before. Tell me, is that something that you're interested in attending?" She asked.
"I-It's not a priority of m-mine at the moment..." Yoon mumbled, her eyes focused solely on the road ahead of her. And now that she had a passenger her age in the car, she felt even more nervous. "W-When I make enough money to sustain myself and pay for tuition, then perhaps..." She added on.
"So then it's true that here in this world you have to pay to further expand your knowledge? That's preposterous–ludicrous!" Yasha shook her head in dismay. The very concept of having to pay for something that was owned by no one but capable of being gained by all didn't sit well with her. She felt that it was rather counterintuitive. "Surely coming to learn these things on your own with someone willing to truly teach would conjure much better results. What is it that interests you? What do you seek to learn?"
"W-Well... I really liked art... And kids.... But my mom said she wouldn't help me unless I go for a surgeon or a lawyer." Clearly, none of those jobs suited Yoon in any aspect. However, she tried laughing it off. "Just going to need a couple more years to save up for that..."
"Or...simply do what you love, what you feel calls you." Yasha attention was now more focused on the driver. "One cannot control the way a river flows, the way the ocean moves the waves," she said double-tapped the screen of her phone and it went black before she stored it away, not really paying attention to the fact that she had pressed the volume button by accident. "Though I'll admit that I did not recognize you as one to be fond of art, or children for that matter, if that is what you wish to do then seek it out. If you're going to be obligated to exchange your money for knowledge, it should be for something that inspires you and causes you to aspire as well as possibly inspire and spark aspiration along the way."
"Yeah well..." She paused as she took a turn to the left, turning her blinkers on and off at the right time. "That may be the fairytale dream in your world, but in Florida, it's different. It's not about doing something you love, it's about survival and what pays the best." And honestly, she didn't think animating cartoons or teaching Pre-K would ever pay her bills. She reached inside her bag to retrieve a gummy bear to soothe her anxiousness. "My mom has done a lot for me and the least I can do is repay her with her one wish." Yoon looked around now, reading the signs on the streets. "I think we may be close?" She said almost in a question.
"Will a lifetime of misery doing something that you don't like or may not be efficient at in hopes of achieving one dream and fulfilling one wish truly be worth more than accomplishing what you've always dreamed of and fulfilling many wishes?" Yasha questioned. To her, the financial benefits of things had always been the least of her worries. Because finances were something that be reattained at any given moment with almost any given task. Effort and time on the other hand were valuable things, irreplaceable things. Things that you couldn't get back once their time had come and gone.

Her attention averted out the window when Yoon told her that they possibly were close to where they were supposed to be. While looking over the scenery that they passed, she didn't see any immediate places that pointed towards pottery but figured that that could come later if they were able to find a store first.
"....you wouldn't understand." Yoon mumbled quietly, her back slightly drooping in thought until she realized she had to keep it straight in order to see what was ahead of her in her new big car. "It doesn't matter right now." She attempted to laugh, but it came out as an awkward chuckle. "I'm doing fine right now and that's all that matters." She said, before turning her blinkers on for another turn.
With Yoon's last statement, Yasha turned her head towards her with interest and a stirred curiosity. She turned in her seat some and spoke. "Then tell me if the decision were to be solely your own and you possessed the proper finances to follow through with what you decided, would you give yourself an opportunity to think twice about pursuing your dreams? Or would you continue forward to a bitter end with an ambition to become a surgeon or lawyer?" She questioned.
Yoon avoided her question, clearing her throat some and adjusting her grip on the steering wheel while shifting uncomfortably. "Don't you have notifications to check and photos to scroll through, LaUrReN?" She decided to speed up her pace a little to avoid being in the car longer than necessary.
"No, I've actually decided to set it aside for a moment thank you very much, YoOnIe," Yasha retorted, though she did so with a friendly chuckle. She knew that her question was being avoided, so she decided not to push it any further. But as her eyes went back to the window, she spoke. "Mothers want what's best for their children because they care. However, too much care can leave a child unguided and unable to find a way on their own, in turn leaving them weak and without the proper skills to utilize to their advantage."
"I'm not weak!" Yoon took a sharp turn as she exclaimed. "A-And only my parents call me that, so stop. It's weird." She added on with concerned brows. "Maybe they know what's best and I'll actually like defending people's rights or saving l-lives. You never know." She said, being optimistic about the manner.
"But we'll both come to find out." Yasha said in a very matter-of-fact manner while recuperating from the turn. "Just as you'll come to find that there are many things here that aren't as they seem. As you are now, you are in fact, weak due to how underdeveloped your abilities are currently. Also, don't address me as Lauren and I won't address you as Yoonie. ALso, stop calling everything wEiRd." She paused, falling silent for a second or so. And when she started speaking again, the smile could be heard in her words. "Anyhow, in the short time we've known each other, you've not failed to surprise me yet Keeper. I wouldn't doubt that you could indeed become a great doctor, and even more so a lawyer myself. Just as I wouldn't doubt that it with proper knowledge and teaching, it wouldn't take long for you to learn how to control your magic. Though, it would be easier on us both if you rehearsed the lawyer portion with someone other than myself–" she added jokingly, only to abruptly blurt out, "How about there!?" She pointed out the window to a Wal-Mart that they were just on the verge of passing.
Yoon came to a hard stop at Yasha’s abrupt location. They were both sent flying forward again, Yoon quickly making sure sure she hadn’t crashed into anything. “Stop doing that!” She said in reference to shouting in the middle of conversations. “Geez!” She exhaled. “We’re here, LAUREN.” She said ironically.
"Well you are the designated driver aren't you? If you were paying more attention, then I wouldn't have to remind you YOONIE." Yasha gave a huff. "It would help greatly if you weren't in the middle of the street as well." She also pointed out in addition to realizing that she had come to a complete halt, turning around in her seat to look behind them when she heard the sound of horns.
Yoon cringed when she heard honking behind her. She quickly switched lanes to avoid them, carefully making her way into the parking lot of Walmart. She parked far from the entrance, where her car could be isolated and she could avoid crashing into someone while backing up. Releasing a small sigh, she unlocked the doors. "I-I'll be waiting here."
Yasha gave a nod when Yoon told her that she'd be waiting instead of going in. But this wasn't surprising to her in the least. "I know," she said, opening the glove compartment. "I expected you to say something along the lines of that." She fished her hand down into it and pulled a polymer framed L shape that was wider on one end than it was on another. It was big enough to fit in small hands perfectly. It wasn't until she started expecting it could it be seen in the dim light of the night that it was a small firearm, a pistol with the "Bodyguard 380" engraved into the material barrel's upper half on the left side. "You'll need protection for yourself at all times until you can control your magic. I highly doubt that this would do much harm to a Dael, but since it is it's lackey that we're having to deal with, this should be able to slow him down enough for you to escape if need be."
Yoon gasped at what she witnessed within the car. She quickly looked around as if they were being stared at, shutting the windows quickly and turning off any sign of light within the vehicle. "T-That's illegal! You can't do that h-here! How did you even get such dangerous weapon?! You must return it before they catch you!"
"Return it?" Yasha blinked. "Why would I do such a thing? I was allowed to purchase it...technically, so it's not illegal at all. And of course it's dangerous, anything other than so would be useless when the time came for it to play its role." She observed the pistol, realizing again like she had when she first brought it that despite the differences, it was very similar to the weaponry back where she had come from. She actually detested them since she seen magic as a much more valuable thing. One that was able to help in a way that something like a gun never could. Which is why she never really learned how to use one herself.

She looked over to Yoon. "The Droven will not hesitate to bring harm to you. To obliterate you." She slid the gun back into the compartment and was already opening the door to get out. "Let these doors remain locked until I return. If anything happens, anything, you use this if you must and flee no matter what."
Yoon felt herself trembling under her oversized hoodie. She inches away some from Yasha as she placed the gun back into the compartment. And when she was told was to do, she blinked cluelessly. “....o-okay...” She gave a very hesitant nod.
Yasha leaned down at little and looked into the car at the designated driver. For a moment she didn't sat anything. But then her eyes met Yoon's. "...I'll lay down my life if I have to to ensure that you won't fall into the hands of evil. I'm your protector, Yoon. Now, I'll return shortly." She gave her a small, single nod before closing the door and making her way towards the store with everything that she needed in mind.
“Uuuuhhh, please don’t risk your life for me, I really don’t want you t-to do that....” She shifted uncomfortably in her seat. When the door was shut, she locked her doors and leaned against the chair to release a sigh.
As Yasha was making her way to the door, her eyes narrowed subtly to each person that passed her. To each person that she saw. She paused for a moment to glance behind her, feeling that something was off in some way that almost made her uncomfortable leaving Yoon alone now as she entered the store.

And in a way, what Yasha felt wasn't completely unjustified.
Yoon reclined her chair as far as she could so she could lay down and be out of sight. Her mind thought back to all the events that happened in that single day, sighing to herself and rubbing her head tiredly.
Meanwhile, it didn't take long for Yasha to do what she went to do especially when she was focused more on getting in and getting out than anything else even with what she had come to get being just as important. She was rather pleased upon being notified–albeit in the most uncomfortable fashion by a "fan" that basically harassed one of the employees into pointing towards the isles that she needed to be on in a timely manner–of there being clay present within the store. Which meant that she wouldn't have to make any extra trips that didn't need to be made.

One of the items that she had received was Himalayan Salt, and she was even more pleased at the fact that it was in a portion that didn't have to be broken down any further. Along with that, she picked up some basil, peppermint leaves, chamomile, ginger, sage and feverfew herb seeds. It wasn't until then that she realized though the store was a large one, it was still extremely limited when it came to the other things that she would need. But for now, that had to be enough.

It took a few more minutes to ditch the "fan" and get back to the front where she could have all of her items scanned and leave sooner than later.
By the time Yasha found the necessary items, Yoon was kicking back in the car while uncovering the new phone she was given. Although she felt guilty, she knew she needed one and couldn’t afford to buy another one with her own money. She was able to figure out how to charge it through the mechanics of her new car. Turning it on, she began to mark it as her own by downloading her older apps and setting up her accounts, especially her music one.
(still continuing ooorr??)
((((((((((((((((((((Dude, really?)))))))))))))))))))
(what? I don’t know if you’re ever coming back or not.)
((Uh...okay?))
(So are you? I was recommended not to RP anymore but I just need to know if I maybe have a reason for being here. Maybe I’m boring you and I’m not entertaining anymore or I’m just bland now, I just want to know if it’s continuing.)
What????

You know what, no. We're not continuing it since it clearly seems you want to leave so badly, being that this is the second time you've asked this question and I'd rather not be apart this..whatever this out-of-nowhere stuff is tbh :/
(I ask because I’ve always wanted to continue and I don’t know if you’re ever posting again so I feel the need to ask if you’re coming back to continue.)
cosmic_fusions commented…
you don’t have to be part of the out of nowhere stuff, I just want to know if I can still RP. over a year ago
cosmic_fusions commented…
maybe my replies are too boring to reply to and if so I can fix it. over a year ago
Yasha was soon making her way out of the door, bags swinging by their loops around her arm and two more held in the loose grasp of her and her chest already falling in a sigh. Perhaps having her go in with me wouldn't have been such a bad proposal. To have her carry some of the bags, of course. The physical limits of the vessel she inhabited frustrated her, and she was starting to doubt that the body would be able to hold even if she was able to gain enough of her own mana back. And that was something she was more than aware would be an issue if that was the case.

On her way back to the car, her phone vibrated in her pocket. But just as she was about to check it out of impulse, her eyes caught sight of faint flash of yellow, like one of the street lamps had flickered but slightly brighter. Enough to catch her attention and bring her to a stop. She turned her head, only to find nothing there. Her eyes went to the street lights that were present across the street and upon seeing that none of them seemed to be malfunctioning, she continued towards the car.

However, Yoon would be able to feel what Yasha couldn't. Though Yasha could sense something abnormal in the atmosphere, she wouldn't feel the tugging feeling that would fall onto Yoon. Like a pull, yet not like a lure. But a guiding feeling that was being drawn from deep down inside.