The Worst Generation [The Worst Generation: Hippies, Life, Rave and...Magic?!]

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19PM
rave
/rav/
verb
1. talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
2. speak or write about someone or something with great enthusiasm or admiration.

Hippy
hip·pie
/ˈhipē/
noun
(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

life
/līf/
noun
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
3. a particular type or aspect of people's existence
4. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
5. vitality, vigor, or energy.
6. (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

Magic
mag·ic
/ˈmajik/
noun
1. the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
2. mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
3. a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
4. something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
mag·ic
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***

~Plot Stuff~
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, there existed an otherworldly arcane essence that existed by the name of Magic/Magick. This essence was a variety of things. Lush and in great abundance, full of life and a energy that science had become a pale reflection of in the years that followed. However, it was also an essence that harbored a wicked face as well, bound to attract misfortune and death to all who were able to understand and or obtain it if not tamed properly. The secrets of this essence falling into the wrong hands would bring nothing but catastrophe.

And catastrophe it brought, those hundreds a years ago. One that thrust magic into an era in which it had began to fade and a new form of energy created at the hands of man became the new. The world in which magic had come from became a myth, magic itself became a myth as time progressed and left it to fade and never be seen again.

Or perhaps....what isn't seen isn't truly gone. And perhaps...the world thought to be myth is much more than just so. But what is certain is that what has lurked in the veils of shadows within the darkness, behind illusions of people, places and things. Forces that had managed to slip into the ages of the new world. Those of good. Those of evil and malice. Those of...magic. And perhaps...hope. But...will the newest of generations derived from those hundreds of years be able to face what comes?

And so we fly ahead in time to the present, where villages have become cities of tall structures, and dreams of flight have become a reality.

~TWG Terminology and Lore~

link
link
link
link

~Characters~

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
-
link
Sangeon Park
link
link
-
link
link
link
link
last edited on Mar 11, 2020 at 02:27PM
save

The Worst Generation 9440 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 251-300 of 9440

over a year ago cosmic_fusions said…
"Yhamiinioni? Sounds like... some type of sushi." Yoon mumbled to herself. But when she heard Y'iel agree about the slushee, she gave an effort of a smile. "Have you had one before? They have cherry and blueberry and cola and lemonade. But the best one is w-when you mix them all together."
over a year ago pLaStIcSUNDAE said…
"No, I'm afraid I haven't had one of these slushies that you are so fond of," Yasha opened the door and coasted Yoon out in some what of a rush before locking and closing it. "I have had a beverage known as smoothies however. They are quite the delicacy. I'd reckon that it would be perfect for a day such as this one."
"Well they are much better than those smoothies." Yoon reassured her. "I thought your diet only consisted of like, tuna water." She said in reference of her cat phase. "D-Do you think I can turn into a cat?"
"No, I don't." Yasha answered straightforwardly, ignoring her comment about her assumption towards her what she thought she ate. "Especially not at your current level of skill and lack thereof of knowledge pertaining to the magic arts. And for the record, I'd rather not be so disrespectful as to compare Yhamiinioni to raw fish. The Saint of the Sea would be displeased."
"I don't remember learning about the Saint of the Sea in our history class." Yoon replied in regards to Yasha's comment. "And... well, t-technically speaking... If she's the saint of the sea, then why can't you compare her to a fish? How else does she swim in such deep waters?"
"Because she's powerful enough to do so. You don't see me comparing you to a fat man with long ears now do you?" Yasha asked. "Fish are earthly beings, the celestial are not. Aside from that, she is not of your world. But rest assured, her wrath has reached the seas here many times. Now, on to more important matters," she hurried Yoon across the street. "You may have to reunite with your family sooner than"
"I hope you don't compare me to such thing." She frowned, but then turned to face Y'iel at the last of her comment. "Huh? I thought you said I was a liability. Wouldn't that put them in more danger?"
"Yes, it would. However, with this, we just may be able to avoid the scenario of that occurring. There has been a shift in the overall aspects of the situation at hand." Yasha's expression became a grimace. "It would seem that the force of evil that possessed this body prior to me doing so myself had been much busier than expected. And it seems that from this being the case, we may have the opportunity to come in contact with another Keeper."
“Another Keeper?” Yoon asked. “Oh yeah, I forgot I wasn’t the only one.” She scratched her head, a bit embarrassed to meet people that most likely are already better at magic than she could ever be.
"Yes well it all boils down to finding him." Yasha said while they revisited the sights that they had passed on the way there. "I have reasoning to believe that perhaps your younger sibling may be able to help us locate him. How old is he, your brother?"
Yoon didn’t recognize any of the sights they had passed previously since it was all a blur to her memory. But when Yasha mentioned her brother, she chuckled softly. “Huh? You think my eight year old annoying brother can help? He can’t distinguish his left from his right. And for some reason still requires a night light.”
"Hm...he's still merely a baby. I didn't expect him to be so much younger. It seems that I may have spoken to soon." Yasha frowned a little in thought as she opened the folder she had with her. "Then tell me, do you have any familiarity with this individual?" She pulled out a photo of a boy with messy dark brown hair and a bright smile, his eye color resembling mud. He looked to be in his mid or late teens. "Does he look like anyone that you may be acquainted with?"
“Is this a joke?” Yoon asked genuinely, lifting a brow as she observed the image. “Do you really think I’m acquainted with anyone?” She had no idea who the man was in the photograph or why she was being asked that. “Is he a keeper?”
"No, not exactly acquainted with anyone for say. That term was used out of sympathy." Yasha admitted, watching her look over the photo. "According to what's inside this folder, there's a high chance that he and others very well may be. This one seems young, so maybe one of the schooling buildings would be the best place to start."
"How sympathetic of you." Yoon said sarcastically with a small roll of her eyes. "W-Wait a minute... All keepers are in the folder? I'm in there? Let me see my picture! I don't remember giving anyone permission to take a picture--that's illegal!" She blurted, trying to snatch away the folder Yasha had.
Yasha was able to simply hold the folder above Yoon's reach since she was taller. Or..the vessel was, at least. "Many things are illegal here, yet it stops no one from doing them in this world it seems. But if it eases your anxiousness over legal and illegal matters, you'll be relieved to know that your picture isn't here. Hence why it said that it may be the case."
Yoon panted softly, already tired from jumping in attempt to reach the folder. She took in a deep breath and sighed. "S-Still, that doesn't exclude all the pictures that were taken of those other random... keepers!" She finally caught her breath, noticing how late it was with the sun setting. "My m-mom's gonna kill me..." She mumbled.
"So is the one attempting to capture you. And if either of them attempt to do so, then I'll have no other choice but to destroy them first." Yasha looked to Yoon. "Though I can understand why your mother would be upset. After all, you managed to wreck her vehicle." She poked at her jokingly with a chuckle but quickly cleared her throat. "Anyhow, I'd assume that their lives are much more important than their pictures, no? Not only that, but there are more people in these files than there are Keepers in general. Some of these people may be individuals with what would be considered higher than average Essence in this world. Unaware individuals most likely, which means that some may be potential targets for what I could only assume to be the Dael being fed."
last edited over a year ago
Yoon's eyes widened when she realized her mother's car was absolutely destroyed. She came to a pause, feeling her stomach drop at the thought of having to tell her. Slapping her forehead, she groaned quietly. "o-oh no..." She felt uneasy when Yasha poked her side and laughed. "P-Please tell me y-you can reverse things with m-magic or m-maybe summon $3,500 dollars to f-fix the damage."
"I'm afraid magic won't be an option. Without having enough mana, things such as reversion spells to that degree would most likely be disastrous. There are boundaries to magic, Yoon, and the use of it requires exchange." Yasha stuck her arm out in front of Yoon suddenly, someone on a bicycle going flying passed them and off down the road. She cut her eyes at the biker, watching closely until she could determine that there was no threat. Continuing on, she said, "But there is something in regards to the second option that should do perfectly."
“—wah!” Yoon was startled by the bike that almost ran her over, hiding some behind Yasha before laughing awkwardly. But at the last of her words, her attention perked. “Oh yeah? What is it? Please tel me it’s something good.”
"I suppose it could be considered as something 'good' since it would most definitely fix the narrative of her vehicle being sent through a thrashing, though I'm not completely certain. And if its destroyed, then I personally find no point in repairing it. Instead, I believe that it would be better to just replace it all together and be done with it."
"Replace?" Yoon fidgeted with her fingers in thought. It wouldn't be too bad of a thing if she came back with a better car than the one they had before. However, that meant more money. "A-And... And no potion that makes money grow on trees, r-right?" She asked as they exited the rich neighborhood.
"Correct," Yasha confirmed with a nod. "But, with as much of it that I now have at my disposal for the time being, it's safe to assume that even if there was a potion of convenience that could make that occur without any backfire, it wouldn't be needed." Which in turn, said a lot about just how much money that she had to put to use now.

They ended up having to catch a bus for a short while to get closer back towards town, though Yasha took the liberty of finding a route that was far from the one the had taken previously. Eventually, they finally came across a plaza that had a gas station across the road after they got off at a stop.
Yoon hopped off the bus and thanked the driver, her mouth already salivating for a taste of the slushee, mostly because she hadn’t eaten anything. “Finally!” She exclaimed. “Come on, hurry up!” She called after Yasha, as if she herself wasn’t going slow. “Maybe they have those dollar ramen cups we can make!”
"Ramen cups?" Yasha asked, at first sounding as if the very thought of them were something that was below her. That is until she continued with, "Surely they must have the bowls. I haven't had much of anything today, and a cup sounds rather unsatisfactory." When the door to the bus closed and it pulled off, she started across the street. The was glad to see that there were only a few vehicles there to pump gas, the others most likely belonging to the employees there. To her that meant less people on the inside to have to wait for.
"I didn't know you Pojis were all so picky." Yoon added before she hurried inside the convenience store, almost being ran over by a couple of cars as she did so. Her brows raised at the ding-dong that was heard as she opened the door, inhaling the scent of the variety of food that was sold there. Although her mom disapproved of eating in such places, she loved it because of the cost. Yoon looked around, spotting only a few customers along with a pink-haired lady behind the counter who was chewing gum and on her phone. She found it interesting how all cashiers seemed to always have dyed hair. Yoon quickly went around the aisles to find the cup noodles she spoke of.
"–not 'picky'. I just know what I want," Yasha replied while they were nearing the convenience store. She didn't understand why Yoon was so excited about going into the store, let alone so determined to get a slushy. Upon entering behind Yoon, she too turned her attention to the sound that came with opening the door. She made sure to keep an eye on the customers and even the cashier. "Make sure to get everything you require before we leave, "She said while following Yoon the first couple of steps until she detoured to grab something that she herself wanted.
"Aha!" Yoon found the red cup with Korean letters around them. She grabbed the one all the way in the back before taking a small stop in the candy section. She went against her mom's wishes and got herself a small bag of sugar-coated gummy worms, and a chocolate bar to join it. Despite her having a slight addiction to junk food, especially while watching shows or drawing, it didn't seem to show as much in her body. She found herself unintentionally adding more food with what her sleeves could carry before making her way to the slushee machine, squealing in happiness to herself as she retrieved a cup.
Upon hearing Yoon's squeal of joy, Yasha sighed. "Like a child in a candy store." She couldn't help but to chuckle lightly to herself as she went a few isles down to where she found what had come to be one of her favorite things to drink from this world along with what she paired with it: iced coffee and starcrunches. However this alone simply wasn't going to do, and she went along to grab a small can of dill pickle Pringles along with it. But on her way to the counter, she added multiple apples and oranges to what she had before dumping everything off onto the counter.
"Pick a side, don'tcha think?" Kore's eyes followed the apples and oranges that tumbled out her arms and onto the counter, chuckling softly at the Pringles can that came after. She vaguely recognized the woman in front of her, after all, she had many followers online. However, she was never follower. Just someone who was forced to know about her. The pink-haired lady took out one of her earphones and began to scan the items.

"W-Wait!" Yoon called after, hurrying to the counter and dumping her things as well. She had gotten two slushies, one for Yasha and one for herself. Both of them were a combination of every flavor available.

Kore looked down at Yoon since she was much shorter than the blonde woman. Her head tilted slightly and she scoffed jokingly. "I suppose you marked halloween off your calendar and hopped right to Christmas?" She said in reference to her outfit.

Yoon raised a brow, taking a long needed sip from the frozen mixture. A blush hit her face, and she wasn't really sure how to respond.

"It's cute." Kore added, scanning the remaining of the items and placing them into separate bags. "Your total's going to be $16 dollars and 25 cents.

Yoon nodded with a flushed face, reaching for her pockets. But then her eyes widened in realization that she only carried eight dollars change, and the rest of her money was lost in the crashing of the car. "U-Uh oh..."
"Pick a side, don'tcha think?"

This comment caused Yasha to pause for a moment just as she was in the middle of grabbing a lighter from one of the slots on the counter. "...I suppose." She stared at the pink-haired woman for a moment, a few seconds longer than the average person would have. Just before Yoon came to the counter with her things, Yasha spotted something else that peaked her interest and left to retrieve it. She returned in time to hear the combined cost of their items, an off-brand jar of crunchy peanut butter in hand. She sat the final item onto the counter, guesstimating that it would be a little over three dollars in total. She retrieved her wallet, pulling out fifty bucks and placing it onto the counter before taking the bags and not really caring about the change. "Come Yoon, let us be on our way."
Kore took the fifty-dollar bill and retrieved the adequate change for it, blinking in confusion when she saw Yasha seemingly forget about the change. However, Yoon was there to take it along with the receipt. "T-Thanks!"

"No probs, shortcake." She nicknamed her, passing a towel on the counter to wipe off the condensation of the slushy cups. "Have a nice day." She told them both.

Yoon felt herself blush some more, holding both slushees close to her and bowing in gratitude. However, she underestimated how far down she went and spilled some of the icy blue liquid. "O-Oh my I-I'm sorry--"

Kore looked at her with a confused expression, but found her worry rather amusing. She just shrugged her off and dismissed her. Yoon gulped, nodding hesitantly and quickly following after Yasha. "Y-Y-Yasha! W-Wait for me!"
Yasha was already out the door by the time the woman had wished them a nice day, her hand fishing down into the bag of items that she had. The first thing she pulled from it was one of the five apples, inspecting it thoroughly before wiping it off against her shirt. She preparing to take a bite, but her attention diverted to the young woman behind her, not realizing that she herself was already almost halfway to the sidewalk. She slowed her pace briefly so that Yoon could catch up, proceeding with biting into the juicy red fruit. She let out a delighted sigh while chewing, waiting until she was done to talk. "How far do you think that we're away from your home currently?" She asked.
Yoon took another sip from her slushie, panting softy in thought. She looked around to get a perspective of where they were before she came up with a number. “F-Forty-five minutes, I think.” She mumbled, before nudging Yasha’s slushie to her. “Here! I got this for you!”
Yasha nodded a little in thought at the estimation of time that was given to her and though she didn't exactly like it, she considered it a reasonable distance away from where they were currently. After all, if she were to use the same methods of getting there as she used to get to the extravagant house that they had left, though without Yoon's overload of course, they would easily be able to get there in half that time or even less. But for now, she would just have to work with what they could.
"Oh, did you now?" She asked upon finding that she too had a slushy thanks to Yoon. If any thing, she had expected her to drink them both with how badly she had apparently been craving one. But the gesture caused her to smile. "Thank you, Keeper. It is much appreciated." She had to shift her bag to where it slid down in between the crook of her arm to accept the frosty beverage. She took another bite from her apple first, chewing just a bit vigorously. It seemed that with each bite, she was becoming less exhausted little by little. And then she looked over to Yoon and asked, "Apple or orange?"
“As K-Keeper I would rather much be called Yoon...” She corrected for what felt the 100th time. At her question of preference, she shook her head softly. “Neither.” Surprisingly, she wasn’t that fond of fruits as she was with junk food. Her mom would force her every now and then to eat some healthy sweets, and although she would, she would still prefer her own goodies. Yoon retrieved her coated gummies and chewed on them slowly.
"Come now, in order to use your abilities correctly its best to learn of the things that will feed your Essence, which in turn will assist in replenishing mana even if it is only in the smallest amounts." It was only after she was done speaking could it be noticed that Yasha was already pulling out a 2nd apple, taking a bite from it with no sign of the first since it was already gone. After chewing a few times, she swallowed down the chunk that she had bit away. "Artificial foods will not accomplish that at all."
"It's not THAT artificial." Yoon argued like she would with her mother. "Besides, it tastes really good. And that stimulates the happy hormones in my body." She added. "Go on, try it. You'll like it too."
Yasha rolled her eyes. "If it does not grow within nature itself, then it is unnatural, in other words, artificial." She took a look at her slushy, only slightly intrigued by how all the blended flavors still managed to be overtaken by the color of one. She gave it a light shake as if she were testing it, even going so far as to take a sniff at the inside of the cup that it was in only for her brows furrowed when she didn't smell anything. "Definitely artificial," she murmured before taking a small sip. "Mm...not bad for something created with chemicals." She took another sip, and despite what she said, then a longer one. "It resembles shaved ice–a snow cone if it were to be a drink."
“I know what artificial means, I’m not stupid!” Yoon exclaimed, taking another sip from her slushee. “See? I told you it was good!” She went to retrieve another gummy worm, and as she did so, she noticed black ink on the crumpled receipt in the bag. Yoon blinked and unfolded the piece of paper, reading a number that the cashier most likely wrote. “H-hey, she gave us her number! Did she think we’d find something weird in the gummy bears or Pringle’s can?” She asked, completely oblivious to any social cues.
Yasha's brows raised as she looked across at the piece of paper, blinking multiple times. "Aaah, I've heard that that is the equivalent to a letter of interest in my world. Hm...it seems that you have an admirer." But it was when she thought about what Yoon had suggested about something possibly being wrong with the products that they had gotten, the slits in her eyes thinned. Just in case, she snatched the bag of gummies away from Yoon and stuck her nose into the bag to take a long, concentrated sniff before crushing the bag in her hand slowly to see if anything sharp such as shards of glass or anything of the liking had maybe been forced into the bag. She grabbed her can of Pringles and immediately began to tear the can open urgently.
“My gummies!” Yoon shouted when they were snatched away from her, her eyes widening when she crushed them. However, the young woman quickly retrieved them and hid it behind her back, a blush stinging her cheeks. “A-admirer? N-no, pretty sure she was following protocol.” She mumbled. “Besides, maybe it was meant for you!” Which honestly, could have been a possibility.
"Protocol? To give somewhat what seems to be–" Yasha retrieved the receipt from Yoon while pulling the top off of her Pringles, "A personal number? Come now, you were the one who retrieved the receipt no? I highly doubt that it was for me of all people." She tipped the can upside down over the bag, chips and half-chips along with crumbs and Pringle dumping out. She looked into the can, spotting nothing that would pose as dangerous, and then to the chips within the bag. She shuffled them around, searching through them but again finding nothing.
"B-But you're obviously the pretty o-one here." Yoon argued. "The last time I got a number was the answer for a math final..." She mumbled. "O-Oh and for the pizza delivery." She added, munching now on a pair of Twizzlers.
"Pretty? Oh don't go over exaggerating. Everyone has their opinion of what being pretty or beauty is. And just for the sake of it, let us say that I am, or rather this vessel, is indeed as pretty as you say. With my previous statement, there's always a chance that I was overlooked. People do enjoy the smaller things in life, short cake," Yasha said not only in reference to Yoon's height, but also to what she had heard the cashier say. "You said that you lack a social life, yes? Perhaps this would be the perfect opportunity for you to acquire a companion of sorts." She pulled what would be the second chip from the plastic store bag and inspected it. There was a crunch after she deemed it safe for consumption.
"I-I didn't say--" The hue on her cheeks deepened. "--Please do not call me that--" She begged. "And no! I'm not interested! Not in girls o-or boys-- or sTUFF." She stumbled on her words. "A-And no! I don't think anyone finds attractive someone who needs a stool to reach the top shelf for cookies!" She said this while stuffing her mouth with more sweets.
"Oh really? In my world, there are many that are intermingled with dwarves, a race of folk much shorter than you are yourself. Your world has them as well, but you refer to them as..midgets. A term that would be rather insulting. And yet I have found that the dwarven-kind of this world also have found themselves with larger companions." And then she raised her eyebrow. "And for the record, I was speaking of a friendship between the both of you, not a lover's relationship. However, if your interests of desire does so happen to shift to the female gender, then we now know that you wouldn't have to look far. Or perhaps you may already have found yourself interested after such a brief encounter?" She chuckled, taking the opportunity of a red light and the walking signal to start across the street.
"The average height for women here is like 5'4 so I'm not that short!" The red on her face had turned into frustration. "I'm not a freaking midget--AND IM NOT GOING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH A SNOW WHITE EITHER!" She exclaimed. "I'm not interested in the same or opposite sex or whatever-- I like myself! I like to be with myself!" Yoon took another sip of the slushee to calm her down.
Yasha was silent for a moment, her thumb under the edge of her chin and her index finger curled around her upper lip in thought. "So what you're implying is that if the interested cashier woman in question mirrored you, then you would indeed be interested because she would mirror yourself? That is...rather strange, but I suppose it is good for one to love there self, even if the manner of love may come across as...uncommon. But fear not, I'm sure that once some of my mana is further restored then I may be able to create a potion for such a thing." She took a drink from her slushy again, stepping onto the sidewalk with one casual stride.