The Worst Generation [The Worst Generation: Hippies, Life, Rave and...Magic?!]

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19PM
rave
/rav/
verb
1. talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
2. speak or write about someone or something with great enthusiasm or admiration.

Hippy
hip·pie
/ˈhipē/
noun
(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

life
/līf/
noun
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
3. a particular type or aspect of people's existence
4. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
5. vitality, vigor, or energy.
6. (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

Magic
mag·ic
/ˈmajik/
noun
1. the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
2. mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
3. a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
4. something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
mag·ic
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***

~Plot Stuff~
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, there existed an otherworldly arcane essence that existed by the name of Magic/Magick. This essence was a variety of things. Lush and in great abundance, full of life and a energy that science had become a pale reflection of in the years that followed. However, it was also an essence that harbored a wicked face as well, bound to attract misfortune and death to all who were able to understand and or obtain it if not tamed properly. The secrets of this essence falling into the wrong hands would bring nothing but catastrophe.

And catastrophe it brought, those hundreds a years ago. One that thrust magic into an era in which it had began to fade and a new form of energy created at the hands of man became the new. The world in which magic had come from became a myth, magic itself became a myth as time progressed and left it to fade and never be seen again.

Or perhaps....what isn't seen isn't truly gone. And perhaps...the world thought to be myth is much more than just so. But what is certain is that what has lurked in the veils of shadows within the darkness, behind illusions of people, places and things. Forces that had managed to slip into the ages of the new world. Those of good. Those of evil and malice. Those of...magic. And perhaps...hope. But...will the newest of generations derived from those hundreds of years be able to face what comes?

And so we fly ahead in time to the present, where villages have become cities of tall structures, and dreams of flight have become a reality.

~TWG Terminology and Lore~

link
link
link
link

~Characters~

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
-
link
Sangeon Park
link
link
-
link
link
link
link
last edited on Mar 11, 2020 at 02:27PM

The Worst Generation 9440 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 9440

over a year ago cosmic_fusions said…
Yoon’s brows furrowed some when she was placed on the luxurious sofa that felt ten times better than her own bed back home. Her body coiled and stretched, but her eyes were still closed. Her calves throbbed in pain and discomfort, but not as much as her flushed cheeks.
over a year ago pLaStIcSUNDAE said…
While making her way over to the sink with a glass filled halfway with ice, Yasha was already thinking of what they were going to have to do next. What precautions were going to have to be put in place in order to ensure at least some sense of security for Yoon. Warding the place seems likely to be one of the only plausible options left to consider. But I'm no where near conditioned enough to for the base of the wards to be enchanted. It took her a second to realize that turning the single handle of the faucet wasn't turning it on and that she had to push it upwards and to the right to get access to the cold water. Placing it aside afterwards, her eyes found the roll of paper towels that sat in the middle of the island which gave her a brief idea. She grabbed one of them and began to pull only to blink in curiosity when many more followed behind it. "...Interesting.." She mumbled to herself quietly.

A couple of minutes later, she returned to the living room with the glass full of water. And under her arms was an entire rolls worth of paper towels that was wrapped around a bunch of ice like a thick mini-pillow of coolness. She placed the glass down onto the long-legged table that was heavier than it looked and went to Yoon, first using one of the circular house couch pillows to tuck under her head. Afterwards, she tucked the cold paper-towel-ice-pillow under the back of her neck, the paper towels being just enough cushion for the rigidness of the ice to be felt too much. After she was done, she gazed down at Yoon momentarily, and then over to her bleeding feet. Something else she needed to tend to. Enough of her mana had recovered for her to be able to restore them to a better condition, but it was going to take her longer than usual in order to keep some of her energy reserved. And so she got to it, removing Yoon's shoes and socks carefully so that she could get a better look at the bruises and what she was dealing with exactly.
The pain that emerged from the stripping of her bloody socks that melted with her bruised skin was enough to wake her up screaming. She cringed in agony, the corner of her eyes tearing up. “O-O-Owww...” She moaned. “... where... where am I...”
"Somewhere that should do for now," Yasha answered from the foot of the couch where she was already in the middle of propping Yoon's feet up onto the couch after dropping the socks into a pile on the floor. "Before you speak, drink." She motioned to the glass of ice cold water on the table. She stood up straight, leaving the room and going back to the kitchen briefly onto to return with a clear container of what appeared to be sugar..or perhaps salt. However, the words that followed made it obvious which it was. "Be still. This may hold a momentary but excruciating sting."
Yoon’s attempt of hydrating herself failed when she felt the burning pain in her feet. She stumbled back and cringed. “o-o-oweee!!!! Hurts! BURNS! Please stop!” She begged, too tired to crawl too far back.
"Give it time," Yasha gave a simple response to Yoon's begging and rolled her eyes. She walked in standstill in front of her feet. She held her palms out towards them, drawing in a deep breath. Her eyes lit into a faint glow as she spoke. "Nomi Purfae." The strange pair of words rolled off of her tongue softly, and the burning sensation that the salt brought quickly soothing into feeling that made Yoon's feet feel like they standing on the shore of a beach where the tide would come in and splash them before retreating back to the ocean. A mellow silver light came from the center of her palms, and the bruises slowly started to peel away like dead skin and dissolve.
Yoon eased back into the couch once the sizzling pain from her feet dissolved. She panted softly, her face flushed with a brighter red as she tried to quench her thirst with the water. She felt like ripping her hoodie off at the heat that penetrated every cell of her body. Yoon downed the entire glass before questioning what her eyes saw. "...y-y-you.... y-you used.... what? W-What was that?" She looked around now, more aware of her surroundings. "I-I need to call my mom...." She mumbled sadly.
"I'm well aware of that," Yasha's hands continued to glow, and the longer they did, the more the injuries that Yoon's feet sustained started to slowly revert back to the condition that they were previously before the run. "I'll allow it. But it will have to wait until I am able to put the wards into place. As for what it was that I used," she looked up at Yoon. "Magic." Her gaze remained locked with Yoon's for a second or two before she returned it to focusing on the current procedure. "Give me a moment. I'll retrieve more for you to drink after I'm finished. You're hungry too, no?"
At the word that came out of Yasha's mouth, Yoon's teary eyes widened some. She now found things extremely weird, but she couldn't call the person aiding her crazy because she did witness it with her own eyes."i-i-i'm fine now, thanks---" She mumbled, trying to hide her legs away from whatever magic the woman was using on her. It didn't feel right at all to be using a stranger's house as shelter from some type of murderer. At her question about food, Yoon blinked momentarily before shaking her head. "....n-n-no thank you..." Her voice had returned to its usual quiet and timid one. Besides, she wouldn't enjoy a meal from a cat possessor. "I-I-I think i'll just go to the gas station and get something there later..." She barely whispered.
Yasha let out a long sigh. "Come now, we both know that you are far from any condition to be moving around as if you hadn't just recently come back from your senses from your first experience of magic. Though...it is quite disappointing, considering that you're a Keeper, though a rather odd one if I'd say so myself. If you would have continued to push your body passed its point of exhaustion, it would have been fatal. And quite frankly, it wouldn't have been a peaceful death." She was straightforward while speaking, finally turning her palms towards one another to place them together. She murmured something, and the glow calmed until it disappeared. "You require sustenance. And if that hasn't been made clear by the condition of your body, then it was surely made so while you were screaming at the top of your lungs about desiring a burrito and things of that sort. Am I wrong?" However, she wasn't really looking for an answer. The question had been a rhetorical one, after all.
Yoon's cheeks burned some more as she lowered her head. "....I-I don't remember that..." She mumbled, partly because she genuinely didn't. She scratched her arm awkwardly. "....a-and stop calling me Keeper... it's w-weird... M-My name is Yoon..." She corrected. Yoon didn't really make eye contact because she found not only the woman weird, but the entire day weird. She couldn't wait until she was left alone so she could leave.
"I am well aware of your name." Yasha assured her. "However, whether you find it "weird" or not is trivial. It's not a name, but a title. A birth given title. It runs through your veins. The very reason that you've been in more danger from the day that you were born than you were ever aware of." She knelt down to where she had dropped the bloody socks. However, when she picked one of them up, the sock itself was five times larger than it should have been, yet in the same shape as if it had never grown to began with. "Tell me, Yoon. Had it ever crossed your mind why you were able to see me before? You, while no one else was able to?"
Yoon yelped when she saw her own sock grow larger with the simple act of magic. It only intensified the creepiness she was already feeling. But at Yasha's question, her black brows furrowed some. "B-Because your a preppy cat trying to make me look like a fool! And thanks to you over half of a million followers saw me insist there was a talking feline besides me." Her nose scrunched some. "A-And you were probably petty about the fact that I said dogs were better and wanted me to pay for that in some s-stupid evil cat way..." She attempted standing, only to fall right back down on the fuzzy carpet instead.
Yasha stared at Yoon now, watching as she fell down onto the carpet. Seconds of silence went by that easily seemed like minutes before her lips twitched, her stomach giving a small jump as she covered her mouth, giving a small cough and trying to clear her throat. "Y-you...honestly think that I'm..a-a feline? An evil four-legged cat that's out to g-get you? Is that s-so?" She tried to furrow her brows in seriousness but at this point, it was obvious that she was holding back laughter. She suddenly burst into a fit of giggles which then went into an uproar of laughter, dropping the sock as she threw her head back. "I-I thought that perhaps you had finally start to catch somewhat of an idea after I relayed my name to you. But that is what you believe the reasoning to be?!" Her laughter continued as she lifted Yoon back onto the couch. "My apologies Keeper, but I-I assure you that if it were a time to make a fool of you, then it would most certainly be now and without my aid–" She had to stop talking all together to calm herself down. "O-oh goodness, by the grace of Yhamiinioni, I can't remember the last time I've had such laughter!"
last edited over a year ago
Yoon blushed profusely at the sound of laughter that was meant towards her. Her brows wiggled some, feeling her head sink between her shoulders. "...s-s-stop..." She said, her lips pursing in frustration and anger. Listening to familiar laughter towards her at a time where she knew what she had seen made fume emit from her ears. It made her think back to the time she was humiliated on stage or the day her entire class laughed at her after she stated a truth.

Her already teary eyes drooped some and she sniffled, retrieving a nearby pillow and launching it towards her. She tried to let her anger cover the embarrassment and sadness she felt from the situation, but eventually, she stopped trying to prevent her laughter. Instead, she just shuffled again on the couch, not caring when she fell again on the carpet. She literally dragged herself behind the couch to prevent being seen, taking a pillow with her to rest on while crossing her arms with a bitter expression.
As the pillow was launched at her, Yasha caught it rather than stepping out of the way while she had been laughing, fluffing it and tossing it onto the couch. Even while Yoon made her way behind the couch, Yasha could still barely keep little bits of laughter and giggles contained. When she finally took in a fresh breath of air, she let out a more lively sigh compared to the previous few. She walked over to the table that the glass had been left on, choosing not to speak until she got back with another glass of ice water. It gave her time to make sure that she had it all out of her system. When she returned, she knelt down and placed the glass beside Yoon. "Come now, don't bawl your face into such a look. I would take the liberty of allowing you to see what it is that I truly am, however I'm not sure that you would be prepared for it. That, and I still don't have the necessary mana to leave the empty shell that is this body." She paused, her lips puckering a little in thought. "However, there is something that may be just as useful. But first, there is something I need to do." She stood up, shuffling off quickly. However, not before she retrieved Yoon's bloody and now supersized socks along with the salt.
Yoon kept her arms crossed with a bitter yet saddened expression, even when she was brought a cup of water. She felt the urge to splash it on her, but refrained from doing so as she watched her take her supersized socks. She decided to crawl on her knees instead of walking, trying to make as much distance as possible from the strange creature that held magic. She was able to reach a nearby window, however, when the rays of the sun hit her, she fell back some since she didn't want to experience a heat stroke again. Her eyes fell on her dirty hands, and only then was when she saw how dirty she was, either being covered with blood, dirt, and sweat. She trembled in disgust, not sure if she could wear her ruined clothes again.
Though Yasha had left, the sound of footsteps moving much too fast to be considered as normal footsteps–being that they sounded like there were more than just two feet they were moving so quickly–as she scurried around. She used the socks like they were paintbrushes, the front door being marked with three strange symbols that almost resembled kanji while at the same time resembling some variety of hieroglyphs as well. Before long, she was in the living room again, marking each wall with small texts or the same symbols. And while she was within the living room, she spoke to Yoon. "You have questions, don't you?" She asked while her hands drew in sporadic spirals that transitioned into angles and other lines. "Now would be a perfect time for you to get some of them out of your system, wouldn't you agree?"
Yoon's eyes wandered around the house as Yasha marked their surroundings. For some reason, she found the symbols familiar. However, she couldn't remember where she had seen them. It had been a while, at least ten years, since she'd seen the marks. "N-N-Not really..." She lied. "I don't question.... craziness..." She mumbled. That, and also she was still petty about her laughing at her. But it was mostly because she just didn't want to know. She didn't want this new knowledge ruining what she already had and believed in the world. "....I-It's not nice to vandalize a house that isn't yours... I can get in trouble for that..." She added as she watched her write more on the walls. "A-A-And... those were my f-favorite socks..."
"Well luckily for me, I'm not the one responsible for ruining them." Yasha glanced over in her direction. "And technically, this is indeed my property. The individual who's body I have is deceased." Which, now that she thought about it, was probably why jumping into it had been so easy. Much easier than it should have been. "Furthering along, this isn't vandalism. Well, technically it could be considered as so in some cases–but that isn't the point. The point is that these are sigils of protection. They're purpose is to keep the unwanted evils out of the boundaries of these walls. Think of it as being a holy barrier to a demon. A brickhouse to keep out the wolves."
Yoon's eyes widened when she was told the body she was possessing was dead. They twitched slightly, and she felt a sickening feeling drop in her stomach. What was supposed to happen when she left the body? Was that cat responsible for her death? Sure, she was more than just a bitch but she would have never wished anything this drastic to happen to her. A shiver went down Yoon's spine at the thought of a corpse merely being used as a puppet, enough to almost make her throw up. And although she was told her purpose was to protect, she wondered if it was the exact opposite and if any point her own body would be killed by being possessed by Yasha. It didn't seem out of the blue to think so, especially because the magic she gave her almost did the trick in ending her life.
Yasha scribbled through the rest of the sigils, not taking long for her to mark every single symbol. She had studied over them for many years, taught to her first by the person who had been tasked with preparing her for things of this nature. After she was finished she came to stop where she stood completely still. Her brows slowly furrowed after she was able to read the room, turning around to face Yoon now. "I'm starting to understand why you were able to be found. Your energy is all over the place," she stated. "But to ease what may very well be your assumption, I'm not the one responsible for this young woman's unfortunate passing. In fact, she's been absent for quite a long time. That man from before. Out of curiosity, I'd like to know what is it that you suppose he is?"
Yoon shifted away some when Yasha approached her and revealed the truth about the woman's status. However, it didn't comfort her at all knowing she was just talking to a corpse. She looked away, but her left brow lifted some at Yasha's question. "....a stupid college jock... w-who thinks halloween pranks are cool... with... i dont know... a twist of a shitty Twilight vampire..." The short woman mumbled some. She brought her knees to her chest and rest her chin on them, tucking her hair and ears into the hood of her jacket while looking the other way.
"Twilight...vampire?" Yasha was indeed confused by this. "No. That couldn't be further from the truth. I know not of these...twilight vampires. However I do know that the ones above ground have long since gone extinct in this world." She dropped the socks to the ground and wiped her hands off on her shirt as she continued. "The one after you is a Droven One, a warlock who has been further corrupted and willingly overtaken by the presence of a Dael, a powerful devil of the underworld in which he serves and draws tainted mana," she explained, the tone of her voice becoming much more serious now. "The Droven are notorious for their methods of torture. Their methods of invading the minds of the unsuspecting. But what separates them the most from the average warlock and quite frankly makes them many times more dangerous is their hellish ability to tear souls from the human body all together to feed the hunger of the one they serve."
"Um... I don't mean to o-offend your cult... or their cult... or the cult... But uh, what does that have to do with me? I don't mean to brag or anything, but I-I don't think I've done anything wrong enough that forces me to be a part of this... mess..." She whispered at the end. "H-He was really mean."
"Oh please, you think the Droven are the type of individuals that choose who they want based on morality or anything of that nature? It's not a matter of what you've done, Yoon, but more of what it is that you and others like you have. It's not what you've done, but what you may do. You see, there is something spectacular about you, the blood that runs through your veins. Blood that stretches back centuries ago. There is a reason that you have been given the title of a Keeper. And I think I am beginning to realize which one you are."
"---Don't call me Keeper! I'm not one–whatever that is or means! Not of any type either, if there are many--" Yoon now sounded agitated, but she was far too tired to argue. "I don't care what I-I have in my blood or how it g-got there, but get it out, please! Use your magic jumbo bumbo!" She pleaded, holding her arms out to help prepare for any retraction necessary. "Take it! Drain it, possess me to do so, I don't care! I don't want it! I want to be left alone and return home!"
"It's not that simple, Yoon. And even if it was, that's not possible. Not possible my any means that I'm willing to go to. The Droven seek to do exactly that, drain you of your blood, bleed you out like a slaughterhouse boar. But you will not survive, and your soul will most likely be subject to things that you would never in your life think was possible before being devoured by the Dael. You say you aren't a Keeper...but take a look around you."

The glass that Yoon had brought was now floating up into the air, the water that had been within now spilled out and floating across the room slowly. Two of the couches pillows were already stuck to the ceiling. But as Yoon would come to realize this, the glass would drop to the floor and shatter, the water coming not a second afterwards with the pillows falling down onto the sectional only to bounce off onto the floor.
"--GAH!" Yoon yelped once she realized the proximity she was to this so called "magic", the water from the glass spilling on top of her. She scooted away from the broken glass and pillows, attempting to isolate herself from any objects until she was cornered in a wall. "H-How do you make it stop?! Put a ward or whatever you call it on me to stop this! Please!"
Yasha's eyes followed the glass down to the floor and watched as what was once whole became pieces of its former self that scattered across the floor. However, her expression of curiosity is what returned while she watched everything that had been effected drop at the sudden absence of what had been keeping them all afloat. Her attention went back to Yoon when she was asked how to make it stop. "A ward? To ward away what exactly?" She said, amused. She approached the frantic young woman's corner–despite the way the couch gave a hard jerk across the room into the wall– and stooped down, taking Yoon's hands into hers. Everything seemed to stop the moment they came into contact, Yasha bringing forth some sort of balance. "This is how I discovered you back at your place of occupation. I felt your signature. You're beginning to experience what is known as Blooming. The dormant mana within you is beginning to flow from you again. And once that door is opened, closing it will take much more than myself in my current condition if it's even possible at all. You don't stop it, Yoon. You control it."
"--BUT I DON'T WANT TO CONTROL IT!" Yoon exclaimed, removing her hands from the puppet corpse. "You shouldn't h-have given me any of whatever you had, that probably triggered something that wasn't supposed to be triggered!" Her arms flailed wildly, but then she remembered what had just happened and instead shoved them into the pockets of her hoodie. "T-This is bad! Th-This is really bad! I can't do nails like this or even walk without messing something up! C-Can't I just make a trade with that demon or whatever and hand him my magic and I keep my life?! There has to be a way! THERE MUST BE ONE! I need a ward to keep it in! Some other weird symbol that can work! You can put it here!" She pointed at her wrist.
"Keeper....Yoon...Yoon, could just please just–YOON!" Yasha said finally just as Yoon was pointing to her wrist. "Listen to yourself! Speaking of deals with demons, do you really think that that's how things work? That the blasted, hellish beings would even consider keeping a word of bargain to you? Or to anyone else of that matter–even themselves!" She exclaimed, an edge of anger now in her voice. "They'd tear you apart and take what they desire with or without a bargain and still come back for seconds and thirds without a hint of remorse. They are beings of pure...unfiltered evil. And you can choose to defend yourself against them or allow them to bring you destruction on a level that this world has yet to witness!" The slits within her eyes had become dangerously thin.
Once she realized that her temper had started to rise higher, she closed her eyes, stood up and stepped away from Yoon calm the nerves that had just had been rattled by the fact that someone would ever be willing to even think about making a deal with a Droven, let alone a Dael. She rubbed at her temples in frustration. She was silent, shaking her head before speaking finally. "Where is it that you live?"
Yoon lowered her head some when she was told about how ridiculous her idea sounded. She could clearly see the anger she caused on Yasha, however, she too was on edge for a job she did not want. “A house.” Yoon spoke smartly for the first half. Her eyes still avoided hers when she spoke. “I’m sorry, I just don’t want to be...a keeper or whatever....”
At Yoon's answer, Yasha almost had half the mind to fill Yoon's body with so much energy that she would barely even know what direction was what. However, when she heard what she said about not wanting to be a Keeper, her shoulders sunk a little. "I...I know." She sighed. "No one would want to be in the position that you're in, including the other Keepers. You didn't choose this, I understand. But things of this sort don't choose people either. They just....happen." She frowned some, her eyes leaving Yoon and going to the mess that had been made within the living room. Not wanting to use any further magic, she went and fetched the broom and dustpan to get rid of the glass that was on the floor.
“s-sorry...” She mumbled. Although Yoon wanted to help, she remained put in her corner out of fear that she would trigger something else and possibly destroy their shelter. Her eyes lowered to the ground and she sighed. She didn’t want her brother to think she was a monster. She didn’t want her mother to worry or fear her.
Yasha returned to the room with the two cleaning items in hand and began to sweep the glass up into the dustpan. Which in a sense was and odd thing to see, someone that had something like magic at their fingertips going about cleaning the ordinary way. She swept everything up into a pile before sliding her right foot under the handle of the dust pan and tipped it upwards some, turning sideways to sweep the glass into. She made sure that she got all of it and then went to discard it. When she returned, she stopped at the rectangular doorway to the kitchen. "You need to have at least some sort of energy before we depart for the sake of restoring your energy. Just...remain seated. I would ask you to join me within the kitchen but you aren't even able to walk just yet."
Yoon actually appreciated Yasha not using magic while cleaning because she was already traumatized as is. She observed her closely while doing so, but looked away whenever they were close to their eyes coming in contact. But at the words she spoke, she softly shook her head. "....i-i'm fine, r-really... D-Depart to where?" Yoon frowned at the thought of repeating everything again. "...i-i-i can grab a s-slushie on the way...."
"I'm taking you home." Yasha said with brows furrowed in thought. "It's become obvious to me that having you remain here, as secure as it may be, is no longer a...less stressful option. And it's quite clear that while here, you'd most likely refuse to eat anything, let alone learn how to control what you have properly. Therefore, I will return you to your home for the sake of us both and hope that you will have enough control over yourself to not attract unwanted attention."
"B-B-But... B-But you said I-I put my family at risk..." She thought back to her little brother, and although he was the most annoying person she'd ever met, she would never wish anything bad on him. "I-I just want this curse off me." Yoon said in reference to having the title of a Keeper and magical powers. She wasn't even sure what was her purpose. "Please, Ms. Yasha, y-you must know a way to get rid of it. To strip it from me and put it on someone else."
Yasha shook her head. "I can't. As I've mentioned time and time again, I am nowhere near my full capacity nor am I aware of any spell that is capable of stripping away a Keeper's magic, nor am I going to be responsible for your death in attempting to do anything of the sort. It is not something that you can just...just place onto someone. I did say that your family was indeed at risk. I said a lot of things, none in which you seem to grasp anymore than me relaying to you that you are in danger. There is nothing more that I can do aside from allowing you to do the most natural thing possible. Make mistakes, and learn from them. You wanted to see your family, then it will be so. We'll make a brief stop on our way for you to get your slushy. We'll be leaving shortly." She turned around and went back into the kitchen, leaving things at that.
"But... But..." Yoon frowned. "I don't want to make a mistake that'll end up hurting my family..." She fidgeted with her fingers. "Sorry... It's my first time... being acknowledged about this all... I didn't even know cults were like... real..." She whispered at the end. "....I-I didn't know m-magic was supposed to be easy yet hard at the same time... You're telling me I'm a k-keeper but I don't even know what that is! What my role is! At this point I just failed with that expectation as well..." She sighed softly.
"There is nothing easy about magic. Not even with the basic experience, especially for someone who is novice to the entire ordeal." Yasha's voice spoke from the kitchen. "Yes, cults are real. However, they are nothing like the average worshipers that inhabit your world," She added, letting it be known that she had also heard that part as well.
"I just..." Yoon sighed, not knowing what else to say. She scratched her arm awkwardly for comfort. "S-Sorry..." She apologized again. "I'm... new to this... But I don't mean to o-offend something that's, well... natural to you." Yoon remained in her corner quietly, before attempting to stand up.
"There is nothing to apologize for. Though this much uncooperativeness wasn't to be expected from someone who's life in danger, what was to be expected is your Blooming." There was a pause within her speech, the sound of tin against tin being heard in the kitchen as the trashcan lid fell close. When she returned to the living room, what she had been doing in the kitchen was revealed. The long curls of hair that she once had hanging were now sliced shorter to where her hair was now just reaching her shoulders. The reasoning behind this? It got in the way. To her, it just served as both a distraction and a weapon against her.
"It occurred much later than it should have, which is unusual. It explains why you were so difficult for the Droven to find you." She concluded with a small nod to herself. "You were fortunate that I was able to get to you first."
Yoon was disappointed she couldn’t delay this so called “blooming” much longer. But at the sight of the new appearance, her brows furrowed some. “I curled your hair today.” Her nose scrunched some. “With a good product may I add...” she sighed. But then a thought emerged in her mind. “Hey... I have a question...”
Yasha's right brow had lifted when Yoon had reminded her that she had been the one who had curled the woman's hair before she had been possessed. However, the expression on her face was one that in the most simplest terms said: And? Though she did consider the fact that the woman–or what was formerly the puppet of a Droven–hadn't exactly given Yoon an easy time while she had been there either. But then that oh so familiar look of curiosity returned to her face when Yoon told her that she had a question. "..Alright. What might this question of yours be?"
Despite Yoon before saying she had no questions, it all came tumbling out her mouth like a water fall. ”Since you had mentioned that creature... uh... Drivens? D-drovens?” She corrected herself. “Does that mean... you know... Ghouls exist?” She asked based to anime she was watching. “Or... o-or like fairies and werewolves and cool I-immortal creatures? W-What about like, titans or giants?” Her head tilted slightly. “Does this mean Spider-Man and other heroes are real? Do talking raccoons actually exist?!” She thought back to the movies.
"Yes–Yes–Somewhat, but I would in no manner deem them "cool"–It depends on what you consider as a giant," Yasha answered the questions of existence towards the creatures that Yoon asked about. She crossed her arms, leaning more onto her left leg. "If by 'Spider-Man' you're referring to the arachnids, then yes. As for these..other heroes, I do not know. But I am sure that unless the creature has been tamed or effected by magic, there are no speaking 'raccoons', whatever the creature you speak of is."
Yoon’s eyes widened at the response she received. “Wait... really?” She looked at her surroundings momentarily. “I-I think it’s kind of cool... a little weird, but still cool. And what are you supposed to be? Cat-woman or something? With a witchy twist?” She said innocently. “A-Also... does this mean I can read people’s minds? O-or make a slushee appear out of nowhere?”
"No. Contrary to what magic is portrayed to be, you cannot make a slushy appear out of nowhere. That's not how magic works. Everything comes from somewhere, a source. This does not mean that you are able to read minds either. Your essence seems to be a part of the magic branch. You could be considered a sorceress, since you were born with your magic. Not a Psion. which are individuals that are actually capable of utilizing psychic, or psionic energy, in such a fashion. Your mana works differently in a way that it creates magic instead of psionic energy. However, if trained enough that is, you could be capable of reading emotions to such a degree that it would almost seem as if you can in fact read thoughts. However, there are great ones within the past that were powerful enough to transcend the boundaries between Psions many ages ago." Yasha blinked after she found that she had went further into detail than she had expected to. But she continued, answering one of Yoon's other questions. "I am what's known as a Poji, but unlike yourself, I am a mage. An advanced scholar in the magic arts."