The Worst Generation [The Worst Generation: Hippies, Life, Rave and...Magic?!]

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19PM
rave
/rav/
verb
1. talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
2. speak or write about someone or something with great enthusiasm or admiration.

Hippy
hip·pie
/ˈhipē/
noun
(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

life
/līf/
noun
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
3. a particular type or aspect of people's existence
4. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
5. vitality, vigor, or energy.
6. (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

Magic
mag·ic
/ˈmajik/
noun
1. the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
2. mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
3. a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
4. something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
mag·ic
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***

~Plot Stuff~
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, there existed an otherworldly arcane essence that existed by the name of Magic/Magick. This essence was a variety of things. Lush and in great abundance, full of life and a energy that science had become a pale reflection of in the years that followed. However, it was also an essence that harbored a wicked face as well, bound to attract misfortune and death to all who were able to understand and or obtain it if not tamed properly. The secrets of this essence falling into the wrong hands would bring nothing but catastrophe.

And catastrophe it brought, those hundreds a years ago. One that thrust magic into an era in which it had began to fade and a new form of energy created at the hands of man became the new. The world in which magic had come from became a myth, magic itself became a myth as time progressed and left it to fade and never be seen again.

Or perhaps....what isn't seen isn't truly gone. And perhaps...the world thought to be myth is much more than just so. But what is certain is that what has lurked in the veils of shadows within the darkness, behind illusions of people, places and things. Forces that had managed to slip into the ages of the new world. Those of good. Those of evil and malice. Those of...magic. And perhaps...hope. But...will the newest of generations derived from those hundreds of years be able to face what comes?

And so we fly ahead in time to the present, where villages have become cities of tall structures, and dreams of flight have become a reality.

~TWG Terminology and Lore~

link
link
link
link

~Characters~

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
-
link
Sangeon Park
link
link
-
link
link
link
link
last edited on Mar 11, 2020 at 02:27PM

The Worst Generation 9440 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 9440

over a year ago cosmic_fusions said…
“A poji?” Yoon giggled some at the name. “That’s cute.” She admitted. “ 매우 귀엽다.” She said in her native language with an attempt of a smile. But then she returned to her previous question. “Soooo... technically I can teleport a slushee outside of a gas station? But that would be stealing. Is there a m-magic jail for using Magic incorrectly?”
over a year ago pLaStIcSUNDAE said…
"PAH-JI," Yasha corrected when Yoon said the word. "귀엽다? 전혀." Though despite this, seeing her at least attempt smile almost put her at ease. "No. There isn't a definitive place in this world where those who abuse magic go. However, even mana is susceptible to corruption. Think of it as something similar to karma. Mana, magic. Both of these components are living things. Mana is the root of magic, connected to both mind and heart, meaning that it reacts to acts of heinousness. Therefore, if the mana becomes corrupt, then so does the magic. And when the magic becomes corrupt, so does the mind. Those are breeding grounds for evil. Especially for those who hold fragile psyches."
“PaHjI” Yoon mocked Yasha’s slight frustration of her pronunciation. “Of course it’s cute.” She argued, the fear of magic she once had no longer as strong. “Wait a minute... so if I’m a keeper or whatever that is, and you’re like... a poji, does that mean I’m in charge of you? Like, do you listen to me?”
"...Child..if you don't wish to experience what it's like to be dropped from above the clouds, don't ever let that wording leave your lips again," Yasha replied blandly. "The Poji are a race. My race. And in no regards are you in charge of me in even the slightest. I do not take commands from anyone aside from those of a higher standing than I. The term 'Keeper' is used for purposes of distinction. There are 6 Keepers in total. In your case, if my suspicions are correct, you may very well be the Keeper of Three Bloods." Her eyebrows furrowed in thought now as she stared at Yoon.
last edited over a year ago
“Weeeell, I don’t think your superiors would enjoy you dropping and killing a keeper, hmmm?” She snapped with a small smirk. “So who do you work for then?” Her head tilted. “It’s not like you saved me because you wanted to. Someone must’ve sent you. And three bloods? I only have one type tho!”
"Yes, and that single type of blood composes of three others." Yasha explained. "According to text, you carry the blood of the three heroes that defeated and locked away an ancient evil thousands of years ago. I was sent by the Higher Standing, the elders who enlightened me with their knowledge of magic and things alike. And while you'd be correct in assuming that they wouldn't be too joyous of a Keeper being murdered...accidents happen." She added, just as a thought. But then something else came to mind. "Eventually once my mana restores enough, we're going to have to leave this part of the world to find the others before the Droven does. There's no telling how far they have developed nor where any of their current locations are. All except one."
Yoon furrowed a brow at what she assumed to be a foreshadow of her own life. She gently rolled them, not really wanting to assume the worst. “W-Well... have you ever had a slushy? Those are pretty energetic and I guess is this world’s magic to recover from things like, a hangover. Or so my old friends told me... not like I ever did that, that’s illegal.”
Yoon's last statement seemed to surprise Yasha, her brows raising. "It is illegal for one to partake in drinking in this world? What variety of blasphemy has made that so?" But then when she thought about it, it didn't seem like drinking was illegal from what she had seen so far in the last year and a half. "Hold on a moment, illegal? These..slushies, as you call them curing after drunks? Have you really never experienced liquor of any sort?"
“No! I’m not 21 yet!” She flailed her arms. “And if I do drink then I can go to jail! Sure, tons of people get away with it at parties but it’s not like I partake in it... or... get invited for that matter...”
"Ah, I see," Yasha tipped her head to the left a little. "So it is because you lack any form of companions to enjoy the experience with that you have yet to have even a partial sip or attend the social gatherings? How unfortunate." A very vague frown was at the corner of her lips. "Is that why you hide under such a large cloak?" She asked, pointing at Yoon's oversized hoodie.
“N-no...” Yoon’s brows wiggled as she frowned. Her neck sunk into her oversized hoodie, the top of it covering her mouth some. “I don’t lack companions... I-I have plenty of friends—I have my mom and my brother and my mom’s workers and the Taco Bell manager and... and I like my hoodies, it’s chilly most of the time.” She lied since where they were located was one of the hottest places.
Yasha gave a chuckle filled scoff at the answer that she was given. "None in which, aside from your mother and your sibling, actually looked as if they were any closer than just co-occupants of the same space." Her words came out a little more harsh than they actually were to her. "Not only that, but I've yet to encounter a winter's day since I've arrived here." Now she was amused, seeing as that Yoon had sunk into her hoodie like a turtle retreating into its shell. "Hm..well I suppose that we shall get going now if you have no further questions."
A blush painted Yoon’s cheeks as she heard her. “Seems like you don’t have any either with the way you bully others...” Her brows knitted some as she puffed her cheeks under her hoodie. “I-I can wear what I want! I think I look fine in hoodies! A-And they are my friends, we talk about the weather and the newspaper!”
"Weather? Newspaper? That's not conversing, Yoon. That is what's known as small talk to merely pass time when it becomes tedious. But newspapers? People still read those in this world?" Yasha's brows raised a little as she said this. But then she rolled her eyes when she gave a response to what Yoon had said prior to that. "I'm not bullying you, nor do I take it upon myself to do so to others. I just make simple and needed observations and come to suitable conclusions. And you'd also be correct as well. I have not the time to consider many people as companions or friend due to my task. I can't allow myself to become attached to others while having the knowledge that I may perish at any given moment." And she said this nonchalantly. "Aside from that, you may look fine in your..'hoodie', yes, but not when you're on the verge of having a heatstroke within. Or actually having one, for that manner." She pointed out.
“I... do...” Yoon mumbled some at the questioning of who still read newspapers. “If I have a heatstroke then at least I’ll pass away in a neat hoodie.” She argued. “Plus, I can hold a lot of things in these pockets and sneak food into the movies... whenever I... go...” which was, well, never. She remembered how she was also made fun of her body in sixth grade, which from that point on, she only wore baggy clothes. Yoon frowned at the thought before returning her attention to Yasha. “I can sneak like, five slushees in me and non-alcoholic beverages.”
"...If you wish to bring thing with you to places, why not just put them into your bag?" Yasha asked the question. She saw it as more than enough of a solution instead of attempting to stuff things into a roomy cloak. "Surely you must own one of the large shoulder bags that I've seen the women of this world traveling around with. Weighing your clothing down seems rather counterproductive considering that at any given moment a situation where you may have had to escape could have presented itself."
Yoon couldn’t argue with the facts thrown at her. However, she still found her own reasoning logical as well to a certain extent. She decided to leave it at that and instead lift herself off the ground, holding onto a nearby wall as her trembling legs eventually straightened enough for her to stand. She fanned herself a little, still suffering from the heat. “Do... do you think the body you’re possessing had any, well, thinner sweaters?” She wanted to put her hair up as well but she was missing her ponytail.
Yasha blinked almost absentmindedly until she looked down at the clothes that she had on. Or more so at the body that she was inhabiting and then her focus went to the clothes for her to notice the now dried blood that was still on it from when she was marking the walls with sigils. Her gaze went back to Yoon. "It most certainly shouldn't with the temperature where it is. But alas if memory serves me correctly, then she does. Or rather...I do." She began to pull of the shirt that she wore while sifting through what memories she had to go off of from the body's former owner to find the room. And though they were still foggy, they were just clear enough for her to piece things together. After her shirt was gone, leaving her in a plain black sports bra. Her new body was in overall good shape aside from the small bit of fat at her sides that the former owner probably had panic attacks about when her life was still normal. It didn't take away from what curves that she did have though. She tossed the shirt over the back of the couch, planning on discarding of it all together rather than just washing it.
Yoon's hands immediately went to her eyes when she saw Yasha undress. She remained covering them as she spoke, her longer sleeves doing the job to shelter any light. "You know, there's a room right there." She pointed with her body to the left. "
"Oh come now, no need to be so childishly confined. It's not as if we're of the opposite sex." Yasha said, rolling her eyes and already making her way down the short hallway that led passed the kitchen and towards the room that sat across the hall from the bathroom. "Or perhaps you'd be more comfortable with that than you let on, hm?" She added on.
“H-huh?” Yoon felt the heat again on her cheeks as she kept her eyes closed, directing her body to where she heard the voice. “It’s not being c-childish, it’s being respectful.” She said through her hoodie covering her mouth. “H-hey! You can’t leave me here, I want to see her hoodie options!”
"Then I suppose you'll just have to be an adult and find your way to the room won't you?" Yasha replied, already pushing the door open. She eased into the room only to immediately feel her shoes sink a inch or two into the plush, off-white colored carpeting that covered the floor. Everything that she saw blew away a bit more fog from the memories that presented themselves, from the thick pictured-frame-filled table that sat off to the left with a large mirror attached to the wall above it, to the large queen-sized bed with its lavender comforter and sheets. Over to the right of the room was the wide frame of the double door closet, and though she knew that what she felt at the site of it weren't her emotions towards it, she couldn't help but to feel that that was the best room within the entire house.
Yoon frowned at Yasha’s response since she didn’t know if she could even get that far. Covering her eyes with her sleeves, she attempted to lean against the wall and slide her way around the house slowly. Her trembling legs were doing a good job despite all the hardship they went through today. That is, until Yoon tripped on a lamp table and fell flat on her covered face. “Oof—“ She wiggled like a work omg the ground before rolling on her back for some air.
pLaStIcSUNDAE commented…
I was going to be petty and make a reply to both posts, but naaah XD over a year ago
Yasha was already heading towards the closet, running her fingers across the bed sheets while passing the bed until she heard the thud from Yoon hitting the floor. Her eyes narrowed and she turned around quickly, hurrying back out of the room, the fact that she had already marked the walls slipping her mind for a second. But at the sight of Yoon squirming around on the floor like an earthworm out of dirt, she raised and eyebrow and watched Yoon roll over onto her back. "...You are indeed an odd one, Keeper. What are you doing down there?"
Yoon grumbled to herself behind her thick sleeves, groaning at the mild pain from her elbows when she fell. But then she jolted when she heard Yasha close to her again. She tried rolling side to side to get on her knees, but she was still covering her eyes out of respect. "Are you dressed now?" She asked.
"No. I'm completely naked," Yasha answered sarcastically, pinching the bridge of her nose while shaking her head. She didn't really understand what went through the young woman's head when she said that it was out of respect that she kept her eyes closed, but decided that she wouldn't take out time to question it. She stepped out of the doorway and went to Yoon to pull her up to her feet. "So much for being "fine", hm?" She said, taking Yoon with her this time when she went back to the room.
"Y-You can't walk around naked!" Yoon yelped as she kept her eyes covered, resisting being dragged by Yasha. It could be easily seen that she had no muscle whatsoever and was weaker than she already was. Yoon removed her hands, but didn't open her eyes while using them to balance herself and stand straight. "I-I am fine! I just require a thinner jacket!"
"By fine, which do you mean? Barely being able to keep your balance after one step or hardly keep your legs from reducing to soggy noodles and falling?" Yasha pulled her along into the room, moving passed the bed again. "You can't keep your eyes closed forever if you plan on 'seeing the hoodie options', now can you? If anything, I don't believe you even require a cloak. You just want one. See the differentiation there? " She released Yoon to grab the handles to the doors, pushing them downwards. "Honestly, even after a hea–" She came to a stop now that the closet doors were open, revealing the enormous space of the link.
"-Huh? Why'd you stop talking? I-Is everything okay?" She dared to open her eyes, however, kept her hands on the side of them to block out some of her peripheral vision in case what Yasha stated earlier was true. But at the sight of the enormous closet, her jaw dropped and her eyes widened. It was bigger than her own room, perhaps both hers and her brother's combined. And she definitely didn't have this many clothes in her own small closet. But as she began to scan the clothes around them, she frowned. "They're all extra small." She said in dismay, despite that actually being her size however she never wore the one designated for her. That, and also some areas of her body were bigger than others.
"By Yhamiinioni's light..." Yasha mumbled to herself at the massive collection of clothing within the largest closet she herself had ever seen. Or rather, one of them. But as for the many many variety of clothes that were there, she had never seen so many for one person. And a good bit of them were still brand new, yet to even be worn. From socks to shoes to skirts, shirts, pants and dresses and heels. It was almost like a miniature store, some of what she could feel had been the woman's more expensive clothing hanging up behind shiny glass doors. But when she heard what Yoon had to say about the clothes, she glanced over at her. "I believe that may just be the style of the clothing." She stepped into the closet, turning around to look at everything. It was a bit excessive in her opinion, but at least she knew that clothes wouldn't be a problem. Or shoes, or really anything dealing with bodily wear.

She walked passed the marble-topped island, running her hand across the smooth surface just to see if it was what she thought of it, which it surely was. "How long does it take for one to accumulate all of this?" She turned to one of the mini-closets to look at the display of t-shirts and short-shorts, some of the casual clothing.
Yoon didn't dare to touch anything, mostly because she didn't believe she was anywhere near worthy from doing so. The entire closet probably costed as much as a full ride to university would for her. Yoon's eyes looked at the clothing, feeling more than just intimidated by their cuts and colors. She frowned, not really liking anything she saw. Besides, she didn't know how she felt about stealing from a dead person.
Yasha's brows furrowed while she was looking over the many clothes that were there until she came across some of the long-sleeved sweaters and jackets that were on display, some of them colorful while others were single colors with quotes and words that could be seen on them from where they were positioned on their respective hangers. She opened the door that they sat behind and grabbed the one that was closest to her, a bright yellow one with a pair of puckered cherry red lips. She looked over it briefly before shrugging and mindlessly throwing it Yoon's way, which unintentionally flew at her face while she was looking through the other ones. Depending what it was, some of the clothing there were mediums in size, others being small with very few large-sized jersey fashioned shirts.
"eep--" Yoon stumbled back when her face met with the yellow shirt. She stripped it off her, furrowing her brows at the horrendous sight. She carefully took it by the hanger and hung it back in place. Her fingers tapped each other gently while she watched Yasha rummage through the clothes. Eventually, she found herself wandering out of the intimidating closet when she realized there wasn't much for her in there. Although she didn't know where she was headed, it was pretty clear where the main dormitory was based on the vast size of the room. She figured that perhaps they had larger sizes that she would like, and even if they didn't, she didn't mind wearing clothing from the father.

After a few minutes, Yoon's voice was heard from afar. "M-Ms. Yasha! I think I'm ready!"
Yasha was still looking through the clothes after Yoon had left for something that she had favored. However, even with all of the variety that was there, she currently didn't find much of anything that had her vision of style. Nothing that particularly interested her. In actuality, she didn't even know why she cared about what she wore and chalked it up to being the body's interest. She already figured that this space was where the most time had been spent. She paused in her search and walked over to where the window was, looking out of it and gazing into the street.

When she heard Yoon call out to her from wherever she was, she was about to go see what it was exactly that she meant by "ready" until something caught her attention. She turned some and found herself facing a narrow hallway that was just big enough for one person to go through at a time, and at the end of it she saw a door. She looked towards the closet entrance for a moment and while she stood there, curiosity quickly was quick to get the best of her. "One moment!" She called back to Yoon, and thus proceeded to make her way down the hall.
"O-Okay!" Yoon called back. She glanced at herself in the grand mirror from the main dormitory, this time not wearing an outfit as baggy as the one she had previously. She wore the same denim mom jeans from before, only her top had changed. The woman combined an oversized, white dress shirt that most likely belonged to the possessed woman's dad. She cuffed the sleeves some so it wouldn't be too long, and made sure the collar was correctly poking out. Yoon covered the white shirt with what appeared to be an ugly Christmas sweater she found at the very back of the mother's closet, taking that one since she knew she probably never wore it. She agreed with the outfit since it took away any figure she had, which was a big priority of hers.

Yoon sat at the edge of the master bed to rest while she could, her legs dangling loosely as she awaited the magical figure. Her hands found comfort within the sleeve of the other, which is also why she liked hoodies or any long-sleeved items.
"O-Okay!" Yoon called back. She glanced at herself in the grand mirror from the main dormitory, this
As Yasha was approaching the door she felt something wash over her, a feeling of anxiety. It took her a moment to realize that it wasn't her who felt these things, though it didn't make it any better. The closer she got to the door, the more she saw them. Memories, ones that blinded sided her thoughts momentarily the closer she got. It wasn't until she heard footsteps behind her that she turned around swiftly only to find herself facing the very person's body that was under her possession. But there was something off, something sinister.

The expression on the other her's face was dull and lacked any signs of life or joy, and as she walked towards Yasha, she seemed to be completely unaware of her despite looking directly at her. Or so it seemed as if she was looking at her, that is, until she kept walking forward and eventually phased through her completely.

Yasha had been about to resort to her magic when the mirror image of her vessel got closer but was left in a state of confusion and shock as she was passed through. She turned around, brows furrowed while watching herself walk stiffly to the door, in which in turn, she followed. It took a few second for her to understand that what she was experiencing was a memory of some sort. She winced, blurry things becoming clearer while she reenacted the movements made by the ghostly memory of the woman, opening the hesitantly before stepping in to be met with the small staircase that led down into a bigger space. However, as she basically followed her ghostly self down into the discovered space, she froze, her eyes widening and her stomach twisting into knots.
Yoon kicked her feet some up and down where she sat, finding it odd to sit without her phone in her hand. Usually she would be playing some type of game online to help time pass. The young woman waited patiently, that is, until she felt her stomach growl some. She glanced at the time, and although gas stations didn't close, she was dying for a taste of that sweet icy flavor. She yelled the magical figure's name again. "YAAASSHAAAA! Slushy!!!" She reminded her from the top of her lungs. But she grew weary fast from simply yelling.
This time, there was no answer from Yasha even as Yoon's voice carried a light echo down the hall. A deep silence was settling in, but a few minutes later, faint footsteps could be heard along with what sounded like crumpling papers. And not long after that, mumbling became another factor that disrupted the silence, feet shuffling against the floor tiles in the living room until they began to make their way back towards the hall. "Yoon?" Yasha's voice was finally heard from further down the hall. "Yoon, where are you?"
“I-I’m here, I’m here!” Yoon called back, not really sure how to describe where she was currently. She hopped off the bed and quickly made her way out of the room and into the hall. “Ms. Yasha!” She sighed in relief. “There you are. You scared me for a moment!”
Yasha was heading up the hall, her body now clothed in a pair of smooth looking slim-fit black dress pants and a white dress-shirt that was under a thin blazer that matched her bottom. Her hands were busy fiddling with the three top buttons until she decided to leave them unbuttoned. She was dressed as if she were going to some important event or worked somewhere that required such a spiffy style of dressing. "Rest assured, the panic was unintentiona–" She was saying until her eyes fell upon Yoon. "Keeper...what..what is it that atrocious thing that you have clothed yourself in?"
Yoon looked at Yasha with a rather confused expression. “Huh? What do you mean? It’s a cute outfit!” She frowned. “Don’t you like it?” Her brows wiggled sadly, pouting her face some and conjuring unintentionally a puppy face. “And my name is Yoon, not keeper!”
",..But you are a Keeper...Keeper." Yasha responded plainly, her eyes going back to the sweater that Yoon wore. But in the end, she couldn't help but to chuckle a little. "Do you truly believe that...'cute' would be the best term to use here when its the subject of that? Where did you even retrieve such a thing?"
Yoon’s frown deepened as she heard the poji laugh. Her cheeks puffed naturally as she did so. “What do you care about f-fashion? I didn’t know Pojis were fashion experts.” She stared. “I like it, I-it’s big and comfy. I got it from her dad’s closet. It was stored away, maybe he was saving it for Christmas. I can be an early Christmas girl for Halloween.”
"Her father's?" Yasha questioned, a look of confusion coming across her face. She looked further down the hall to the room that Yoon must have gone in, a frown coming to her face as she thought back to the room within the closet, "I believe you're referring to the housemates. The parents' place of dwelling is elsewhere." Or what used to be housemates. "And while us Poji don't have the best judgement of what would be considered as 'fashion', we do know when something isn't. But if it brings you comfort I suppose. Come. There are things that we must discuss." She said, already walking in the opposite direction.
"Well you look like a failed lawyer." Yoon retorted blandly with squinted eyes. But then realization hit her. "W-Wait... what?" She blushed. "This belongs to... a guy?" She gulped, now feeling more guilty since she didn't want the sweater missing whenever her roommates returned. "U-Uhhhh, lets hurry!" She said, giving her best to walk fast and past Yasha.
"And you look like you're wearing hand-me-downs from your grandmother," Yasha shot back at Yoon's retort and rolled her eyes. And when Yoon went passed her in a hurry she commented, "Oh now you're interested in making haste to leave?" She followed behind her, grabbing the black blazer that had been thrown across the back of the couch as well as–ironically after Yoon's comment on her choice of clothes–a plain vanilla folder.
"Well grandmas make cookies, so I guess I'm cooler than you." Yoon argued. She glanced back and saw the vanilla folder between her hands. "What's that?" She asked. Yoon was leading the way out until she abruptly stopped and blinked, forgetting where the exit was.
Yasha stepped around Yoon, finding her loss of direction a little disappointing. Teaching this one might be more of a chore than I expected, she sighted internally. 'However, she did answer the question. "This folder contains something valuable that just may work in our favor. I'll explain while we're on our way."
“I’m not tHiS oNE, I’m Yoon!” She exclaimed again, unconsciously reading Yasha’s mind thinking she had spoken it out loud. She sighed. “What? I didn’t know magical creatures were so... organized... C-Can this be discussed over a slushee?”
Yasha almost came to a stop after what she knew was a thought had gotten a response, but the surprise that she was in didn't show. "I'm not a "magical creature". I'm a individual being that can use magic, just like your a human being that has the ability to use magic. And for the love of Yhamiinioni, if it'll satisfy you then yes, it can be discussed over a slushee."