If level 5, then what's your nickname:
Academy/school of study (If you go to one):
Bio:
Anything additional:

A Certain Scientific Railgun 1369 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 851-900 of 1369

over a year ago TheAdventGhost said…
Shiki: Yeah.... A little over a year... From the same Biotech place that Itsuki works with. When I took in these Nanomachines, at first it felt strange.... But after a while, they linked to me.... Really becoming a part of me. It can respond quick to physical trauma as well as strengthen me. However, it isn't without its weaknesses.... They're machines, so they can be hacked... But, luckily it's protected by an endless encryption... Meanwhile, extreme heat is hard to get around....

Rindo: Hehe, I guess I can't blame you.
Renka:Well, I'm confident we'll get you there. *She looked at the time* I better get going, you kids should get to school.
Rindo: Of course... We'll talk later mom.
*They then hung up*
Rindo: We should get going... As much as I love the idea of staying with you, we still have school to attend. *He said, getting his and Michi's plates and bringing them to the sink*
over a year ago LillyBlack said…
Thinking of it getting hacked sent a shiver down Mei's spine, "It may be protected, but even just thinking about it is a little scary... If they were to get hacked, could you lose control over your arms? Or how does it work?"

"Awww...." Michi frowned, slouching onto the table. "Do I reallyyyy have to go.... I mean think about it... Sure I get time to sleep in class, but if I just stay home, that's even more time for me to sleep!"
Shiki: Well.... Who's to say.... They're like little robots inside of me. They could end up using thr nanomachines to take over my body.. Besides, they aren't just in my arms. *He said as his neck blackened* The nanomachines are in me as a whole.

Rindo: Yeah you could. But I don't think you should start picking up any worst habits. Just you sleeping in class is enough as it is.
"Woah...." Mei looked at his neck in awe, "I've only ever seen your arms change, so I guess I never expected it to be your whole body...."

Michi pouted, "I guessss..... Alright, I'll go start changing then. No peeking!" Michi joked as she walked back into her room to change into the uniform.
Shiki: Mhm... I unfortunately couldn't use them against Yuta.... So, I took just a little bit of damage. Thankfully Rindo's been able to control his power.

Rindo: [Me, peeking?] ...... *He then stayed where he had been sitting, waiting for Michi* [I know she meant it as a joke, so I shouldn't take it too literal. Still, I'm proud that I can be with her. I want to meet her family, but with what I've heard about her dad.... I'm not so sure.]
"I mean considering what were his circumstances, I'd be a little surprised if he wasn't able to control it...." Mei said. She then stood up from the edge of the fountain, gently brushing off her skirt. "It feels so weird... You and Rindo, you both have gone through so much.. And while I'm definitely grateful that I've had a pretty average and safe life, I feel like I can't really do anything other than listen... I guess it doesn't really help me either that I'm just a level 0.."

When Michi finished up changing, she came out the room completely ready. "Alright, I'm all ready to go! Are you all good, Rindo?"
Shiki: Don't forget Mei.... I may have these nanomachines, but I'm still a level 0. I'm just a bit more powerful for a level 0.

Rindo: *He nodded* Yeah, I'm all good to go.. Now, let's get going. *He said as he stood up*
"Well, yeah I know that, but.... it's still something special and unique to you, you know...?" Mei just shook her head, "Sorry..... Forget I said anything..." She turned to Shiki, holding out her hand to get him up from the fountain, "Let's just get to school, yeah?"

Michi nodded as she then headed out with Rindo, heading over to school. Both of her hands rested on the back of her head. She had her eyes closed, thinking about the rest of their day. "Hmm... If your mom wants to start her lessons with me today.. What do you think she'll have me make?"
Shiki: *He took her hand, standing up from the edge* Right, let's get going.... Oh, let's not forget to tell Rin and Michi about yesterday. You know, that he wants to meet him.

Rindo: Who knows? She probably won't start you off with anything too over the top. Then again, maybe there's something in particular you may want. So, she could help you there...
Mei drooped her head down, "Oh trust me, I definitely haven't forgotten... Just sorta dreading the moment I have to tell Michi..."

Soon they made it to the school. Michi stood near the front with Rindo, waiting for Shiki and Mei. "Ooh, something in particular I may want hmm.... Maybe I should start thinking of some ideas then.."
Shiki: Yeah... Considering Michi likely isn't gonna be down with this. Then with Rindo in the middle, she'll likely want to keep Rindo from wanting them to meet.

Rindo: Perhaps....That's usually a good starting point for someone learning. So, that's my reasoning behind the potential theory. *He said scratching his head*
Mei sighed, "Yeah.... I hope I can at least try to make her a little more open to the idea..." She started walking in the direction of the school. "Not to mention, we already have our own things to worry about when it comes to my dad... If he finds out what happened this morning, I honestly don't even know he'll react...."

"In that case..." Michi opened up her eyes again, looking at Rindo. "What would you say is your favorite thing to eat hm?"
Shiki: ..... *He put his hand on the back of his neck* I'm pretty sure if he gets his hands on that information.... I'm sure I'll be banned from your place.... He'll likely never want me around you ever again. You know, protective dad being protective dad.

Rindo: My favorite? *He looked up in thought* Honestly, I'm not sure.... I've always just thought of everything that mom cooked as my favorite.
"And if he bans you from there... I'm sure he wouldn't even give me the opportunity to go to your place.." Mei said. "I wouldn't want that to happen.... School would probably be my only chance of seeing you...."

"Damn it, Rindo...." Michi gently bonked the top of his head with her bag. "That was supposed to be my ultimate plan of trying to figure out what to make!" She giggled, "It's fine, I'm sure I'll manage..."
Shiki: Well, at least we'd have our phone conversations.. *He said jokingly* ... Seriously though, not being able to see you outside of school.... It just couldn't work...

Rindo: Not to mention, we've got nothing but time.. [She would've made something I liked. She's got too good of a soul..]
Mei shook her head, "I don't want to keep thinking about it, that's like worst case scenario.... I don't want anything to happen to us. Not to mention, there's no way I'm breaking my promise to you, Shiki.."

"Mhm, you're not wrong.." Michi then yawned, "Where's Mei and Shiki at?? I'm gonna fall asleep just waiting for them...." Just a little after saying that, she was able to spot them in the distance. "Oh! Well, speak of the devil.."
Shiki: *He held her hand* And I won't break mine.... I said I'd do right by you.. That's what I'm gonna keep doing.

Rindo: Well.... Yo!!!
Shiki: Huh..... Rindo.
Rindo: What took ya? It took you a bit longer than usual. So much so, that we're here first.
Shiki: .... It's a long story..
Rindo: You? A long story?
Shiki: Um, where do I begin?
*Shiki then proceeded to explain what had happened in this morning*
Rindo: Jeez..... You.... I knew you were reckless, but....
Shiki: Yeah, but.... That's not all... Rindo...... It would seem Mr. Kato wants to meet you..
Rindo: Meet me? Wait, Mr. Kato?! You mean, Michi and Mei's dad?!
Shiki: Yeah.
Rindo: Why would he want to meet me?
Shiki: Because he believes that you're a really good influence on Michi.
Michi raised her eyebrow, "Huh, my dad? Wants to meet Rindo? Did you guys tell him about Rin??"
Mei scratched the back of her head, "Maybe... Look, the conversation just sort of went in the direction.. But on the brightside, he has a positive outlook about it! You should really see him..."
Michi crossed her arms, "That's great, but..... He may be interested in seeing us but I never said I have any interest seeing him again."
Mei frowned, "Michi c'mon if you keep up with this attitude, nothing between you two is ever going to get better..."
Michi turned her back to Mei, her arms still crossed, "Keep it that way then, I know how he is. I don't want to feel like I'd have to change to get on his good side."
Mei hugged her from behind, "Michi.... I understand where you're coming from, but please.. Give it at least one chance? Just one... Besides, I'm sure Rindo is at least a little curious about meeting him."
Rindo: Truth be told.... From what I've heard I haven't really been all that curious of meeting him. Though.... You've only said your dad is bad... However, I've heard no ill talk of your mother.
Shiki: Well, I can easily admit.. Mom's nice. She's pretty chill.
Rindo: Really? *He said, thinking.* Mm...... Well, maybe if I'm not all that happy to meet him, maybe I can be introduced to my future mother in law.
Shiki: Good.......... [Wait, he said that? For real?!]
Michi blushed hearing Rindo say that, "Your.. future mother in law?"
Mei giggled seeing her blush, "Aww, look you even got her blushing again..."
Michi escaped from Mei's hug, covering her cheeks. "Mei!!"
Mei put her hands up, "Sorry, sorry! But, seriously... I've even started to notice that a lot of Michi's energy comes from our mom too, so I'm sure you'd love her, Rindo.... You would come back at least for her, right Michi?"
Michi calmed down and replied, "Yeah I love her to death, of course I'd come back for her... It's just dad that's my problem.." Michi sighed. "I guess it's only right for Rindo to meet them both... But the moment things start going downhill with dad, I'm out!"
Shiki: Let's at least try this out... Besides, while I admit... Taka's parenting style is definitely out there... At least Kali's definitely a nice lady. Hell, she was just happy I brought Mei home safe.
Rindo: ...... What I want to know.... Who was the one that married to the family?
Shiki: Hm? Why the curiosity?
Rindo: It's just something I want to know. [Because if their father is the one that married into the family... Then, something's a bit off. Not to mention, why is he trying to control Michi's future as an Esper? If he's not truly the bearer of the Kato name.... Then he's trying some sort of elitist approach through his own child.]
Shiki: Uh, Rin?
Rindo: Sorry, was just in thought...
Michi tilted her head in confusion, "Hm? You wanna know?"
Mei thought about it, "Well, I guess it'd be more common to say that it was our mom who married into the family... But, it was actually our dad who did and ended up taking on our mom's name instead." She scratched the back of her head, "For a few reasons, but I guess it's easier to not get into it.."
Rindo: I see... You can feel free to not answer this if you don't want.... But, the Kato family name.... Would you consider it to be an elite kind of family name?
Shiki: [Just what is he getting at here? What's your angle here Rin?]
Mei nodded, "I don't even have to think about it... I would definitely consider it to be. If anything, that was one of the reasons why he took on her name instead... To keep it simple, her family is of pretty high status...."
Michi looked at her, "You know a lot about this, huh..."
Mei sweatdropped, "More like these are things you should know, Michi..."
Michi scratched the back of head, "Yikes, right...... Either way, are you sure this isn't something more than just curiosity, Rindo?"
Rindo: .... [An elite family name... A man who's married into it... He's promoting on Michi's growth and advancement. But... The real question... Her father seems more attached to her future than her mom is, from what I've been hearing. Wait a second.] Well, you could call it a morbid curiosity.... Your family name is elite.... But your father, was he always an elite?
Shiki: I can't help but notice you playing detective... What brought this on?
Rindo: Again... Just call it a morbid curiosity.
Michi still felt lost with all the questions but just took Rindo's word for it, "Morbid curiosity, huh...."
Mei shook her head, "Before he married our mom, not really.... If anything, I could probably say he was quite the opposite, to be honest.."
Rindo: [So, now will beg my biggest question... A man whos never had an elite status in his life.. He marries into a family with an elite name. He wants to control his own daughter's future because ofbher bwing an Esper... The question is, what does HE gain from it all?] The opposite... So he used to be lower class... I see... No further questions on that. So, when does this meeting take place? Any particular times set up?
Shiki: [Rindo's got an angle here. I can't even read him here... What's going on? It's almost like, Something's... Different.] Well, he didn't have a specific day and time. But, he said was looking forward to seeing you two someday.
Rindo: Really?
Shiki: You're.... Not nervous?
Rindo: No.... I'm actually very composed.
Shiki: That's new... Usually you'd be all. What do I do? What do I wear? How do I make a good first impression?
Rindo: That's implying that I believe people are higher than me..
last edited over a year ago
Michi tilted her head, "Huh? Maybe not that they're higher than you.. Wouldn't it just be more out of respect? Rindo you're acting a little odd..." She placed her hand on her hip, "I'm sure at some point you had to be worried about meeting him. Or even just uninterested, whatever... And now you're just completely neutral about it. Are you sure this isn't about anything more than just curiosity?"
Shiki: Yeah... This whole detective act.... It isn't exactly you....
Rindo: ...... You know how some people in the middle can't stand the elites? Usually it's out of jealousy... Because they want to be them.
Shiki: Right..... Rin, do you have a past with some sort of elite?
Rindo: No, I don't.. But, let me ask you this.... A being of the lower class... Why would you want to marry into an elite family?
Shiki: You're thinking too deep Rin..... Don't you think?
Rindo: Are you sure? Because based on what you've told me Shiki, I'm thinking just right.... A man given an elite status, marrying into an elite family.. And you're telling me it hasn't gone to his head... He's finally able to have "control".
Shiki: .....
Rindo: He's a man that has an elite name... Yet, he barely knows what to do with it. He wants to thrive further on a name that isn't even his birthright...
Mei scratched her head, "Well, I can see where you're making the connections, but I still can't help and feel that it's a little bit of stretch." She sweatdropped, "I mean, I know the way he treats us is quite... over the top, but still."
"So that's what you've been thinking about with all those questions...." Michi sighed, "I don't know, Mei..... It's easier for you to say that because he doesn't necessarily try to control every aspect of your life. He's trusts you a lot more than he trusts me. And simply because I'm an esper, he has way too high of expectations for me, and for what...? Rindo what made you think about all of this in the first place?"
Rindo: Well, because usually situations like yours.... They either come from people within elite families or even families that WANT to be elite. At first, it was morbid curiosity... But, kind of knowing what Shiki has told me... It's given me a little more to work in terms of that curiosity.. I guess, I'm in my own way trying to understand it all.
Shiki: *He sighed* Even if it isn't exactly you Rin.... I'll have to admit, it's still sweet of you to think so far.
Rindo: Elite family or not, I couldn't treat one family member different from the other because of powers.. The Mitsunami may not be an elite family name, but that's how you should really treat family.
Mei looked off to the side, "I guess Michi is so used to being treated like this, I'm so used to witnessing it.. It doesn't even cross our mind anymore why he's doing it.."
"Even if there is some deeper meaning to whatever he's doing... In all honestly, what can I even do about it anymore..?" MIchi asked. "We've all confronted him about it before.. Would all this help make any difference for me?"
Rindo: .......
Shiki: Wait a minute.... Do you think......
Rindo: What?
Shiki: Just... A bit of a thought.... Do you think maybe he thinks you're elite as well?
Rindo: ...... Why?
Shiki: Well, you are level 5...
Rindo: I doubt it... If that's the case, then what about you?
Shiki: ...... Point taken.
Rindo: *He then looked at Michi* I know it's something you're used to... *He then hugged her* But that doesn't make it right.
"Yeah... I know......" Michi hugged him back, resting her head on his shoulder. "You know.. There actually was a point in my life where he didn't always treat me like this... It used to be like any normal father-daughter relationship you could imagine. But, the moment I started getting a hang of my aerokinesis, that's when everything started to gradually change... He would only ever talk about me as an esper, and then my performance in schools was added on top of that.. Then it turned into him trying to nitpick every aspect of my life, like what I do on my own time... Or, what do I plan to do later on as an esper..? It's like he's trying to form me to be some perfect child. The more he pressured me didn't make me any better, it just sparked more arguments between us... And now on top of all that, the reason he's like this with me is because this whole elitist crap is getting to his head? I just want him to consider how I feel for once......"
Mei eyes saddened, "Michi...."
Michi just continued, "Mei isn't an esper and he already trusts her so much more than me... Plus, she's the youngest between the two of us, so he has no reason to act like that with her..." Michi took a deep breath, letting go from the hug finally. "I'm sorry, I'm not the type to just dump stuff like this on top of people... I don't want to bring the mood down even more, but I guess that's too late.."
Rindo: We all need a moment like this, you have nothing to apologize for. I guess I never truly realized how different you and I lived.
Shiki: He needs a bit of a wakeup call. I can understand that being an elite has high expectations. But, he shouldn't be pushing so hard.. The world itself already has high expectations for the elite. I could never do something like that at the price of my family. I couldn't satiate my own ego like that.
Rindo: At the end of the day.... When you've been lower class, you have no idea what truly means to be an elite. Just having the power, the feeling of being on top. You said he believes I'm keeping Michi in the right direction right?
Shiki: Well...... That wasn't the exact way to put it... He mentioned your level 5 status... Which means, he HAS to believe its something to do with it.
Rindo: I see... So he must believe I'm some elite of my own..... Look, being level 5 isn't that big of a deal. I mean, I'm not even top ranked. I'm ranked #8. There's 7 other level 5s above me. He'll, it wouldn't surprise me if there were more. Not to mention.... being Level 5 isn't the best thing in the world anyway...
Michi sighed, "Yeah, but it's a still a pretty big achievement to even hit, you know..? Eight out of millions of people... That alone is probably worth enough to him. That's a lot of effort you have to put in for a level like that..." Michi turned her back to them, holding her bag over her shoulder. "If he didn't make me feel like that was my only personality trait, maybe I would've been interested in that.. But for now, I'm fine with seeing Level 4 as my peak."
Mei flicked the back of her head, "If you keep speaking like that, you're going to make it seem like you're only personality trait... Look, we all know and love you for reasons beyond that Michi... And if dad doesn't want to pay attention to that, then it's simply his loss. Although if there's really someone we want to speak to about this whole elitist thing, it would probably have to be mom.... She probably knows more than the rest of us."
Rindo: Yeah... I mean, considering she married him. She had to see more than his class when she did marry him. But who knows what he saw the marriage as?
Shiki: It's almost like a girl being with a guy cause he's rich. While not exactly, but it's close.
Rindo: It sucks... The world shouldn't have to be so split by social class... Unfortunately, we have our ancestors to thank for that...
Shiki: That we do.. Though, a level 5 that's also getting such good grades. It's a surprise you aren't getting scholarships for university...
Rindo: ..... Actually.... I have been.....
Shiki: What?
Rindo: I've been invited countless times by prestigious schools.... A level 5 with a high level education, no school is passing that up. Yet, I'm not really in for it.
Shiki: For real?
Rindo: Say I do go to a prestigious university, what's waiting for me there? A bunch of snobby rich kids.. Probably ready to talk about their horse ranch and big mansion.
Mei chuckled, "You're not wrong... But, I mean, it can't be thaattt bad, right? Maybe that's one downside, but there could be a lot of great connections you can make at those colleges as well."
"I shouldn't be talking because I'm not sure what I'll be doing after graduation... But, I don't think it hurts to at least consider those options. Is there anything specific you're looking for?" Michi asked.
Right as Michi asked that, you could hear the bell ringing from inside the school. Mei sweatdropped, "Maybe this conversation is going to have to wait until after class."
Rindo: I guess so....
Shiki: Hm, we'll continue this conversation later...
Rindo: [Though... What am I looking for? Maybe a major in cybernetics..]

*Later to the afternoon, the last bell rang*
Rindo: *He gathered his materials like usual* Alright... *He then looked to Michi to see if she was asleep like usual*
Once again to no one's surprised, Michi was dead asleep on her desk. She was drooling over her notebook that she never even seems to write anything in.
Mei came into their classroom, looking for the group. "Hey guys!" She said as she approached them. Although she looked a little annoyed when she saw Michi asleep, "I see that sleeping beauty is at it once again."
Rindo: Mm.... *He then kissed her cheek* Wake up, my sleeping beauty.
Shiki: He's starting to adapt to these circumstances. If I didn't know better, I'd say you're starting to love this scenario a bit more. He would be the prince to her sleeping beauty.
Rindo: *He blushed* I've come to terms that this is how she likes it.
"Hmm...?" As Rindo kissed her cheek, she was beginning to slowly open her eyes. "Rindo...... Is class over already..?" She lifted up her head from her desk, gently wiping her face from the drool.
"Yeah and so much of a sleeping beauty she can be..." Mei said sarcastically, as a joke.
"Mei..." Michi felt more awake as she got annoyed, throwing her notebook towards Mei.
Mei caught notebook, giggling. "Heh, got you to wake up a little bit more though, didn't it?"
Michi looked to the side, "Rindo's method is better.."
Shiki: Is it now? Hear that Rin? She loves being your sleeping beauty. It wouldn't surprise me if there were times she'd pretend to be sleep just to get a quick kiss.
Rindo: Please, I don't think you can fake that kind of sleeping.
Mei chuckled, "Even if she tried to pretend to sleep, I think Michi would actually just end up falling asleep anyways."
"Hehe, even so...." Michi went behind Rindo, hugging him. "I don't think I'd need to fall asleep for something like that... Hm, Rindo?"
Rindo: Mm... I'd suppose not. Sometimes just you being in front of me is enough of a reason to kiss you. *He turned himself around, looking at her with a smirk* Even right now. *He said caressing her chin, then kissing her on the lips*
Shiki: Ohoho, look at Rin.... *He then thought about it* [Hold on.... I think I remember.... Rindo can go from a nervous blushing mess, and now he's like this.... Could it be the mental instability effect?]
Michi started blushing, but her arms slowly wrapped around his neck as she reciprocated the kiss. She soon broke the kiss, smirking, "Ooh... Where was this side of you yesterday, Rin?"
Mei tilted her head, "Yesterday? What happened yesterday?"
Michi giggled, "Oh nothing!~ But at this rate, seems like I could the best of both worlds of Rindo.. Heh, I mean just now you went from blushing about being my prince, to this..."
Shiki: I guess it's still pretty curious. The Rindo I've seen most of the time is a blushing and nervous mess. Now, he seems like a real romantic.
Rindo: You know, if we weren't already running on a bit of a schedule today. *His hands went to her hips* I'd say we could try yesterday again. *He said, briefly kissing her neck*
Shiki: You're definitely giving me some vibes here. It's like, you're that character that grew a backbone and then some. [Unfortunately, it's not like he really just did.... With the mental effects.... Wait a sec, could it be? Is this.... Ichiya?]
"Rin...." Michi's body felt hotter, not really expecting this out of Rindo at all. Her hand gently rubbed against his neck as he briefly kissed hers. "Don't do this to me now, we're still in the classroom...."
"For sure, Shiki.." Mei sweatdropped, "The change feels kind of quick.. I mean he has been around Michi for awhile now, but what would spark it?"
Shiki: I have my own theories.... I wouldn't say anything in particular sparked it... But rather, it's something that's been with him.
Rindo: Mm? And what kind of theory would you have?
Shiki: It's because of you being Level 5...
Rindo: Go on....
Shiki: .... I've noted, being around some level 5s.... Level 5s aren't exactly sane people...
Rindo: So what? Are you saying I'm crazy?
Shiki: No, it's not that...
Rindo: Well.... You wouldn't have been wrong... *He sat on a desk as he stopped caressing Michi*
Shiki: So.... You... Admit it?
Rindo: Accelerator and Meltdowner were probably Academy City's more psychotic level 5s.
Shiki: That's what I thought..... So, I guess it's a change between timid you and this you..
Rindo: Remember when Shohei was talking about getting dad out of the way... Well, that was the moment that likely made it evident. I'll admit it, I wanted to do more than hurt him at that very moment. I was ready to strip his life away from him.
Michi placed her hand over her heart as Rindo sat on the desk, "To be honest, whatever it is I'm not really complaining about it.."
Mei flicked the side of Michi's head, "Michi no, the whole point is going past your head..."
"Ah, sorry sorry, I'm still.. recovering, I guess. It caught me off guard." Michi took a deep breath as she calmed down, "I wouldn't even say it's just about you being a Level 5.. I mean look how you even got to that point, you were made into a Level 5 to be used for war.... Then you were basically put into a normal life right after, almost like nothing happened. Can't tell me that wouldn't mess you up in some way too..."