If level 5, then what's your nickname:
Academy/school of study (If you go to one):
Bio:
Anything additional:

A Certain Scientific Railgun 1369 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 1369

over a year ago TheAdventGhost said…
Rindo: Well, then I guess I'll see just how much of a singing voice you've got.. I wouldn't doubt you could be a vocalist..
over a year ago LillyBlack said…
"You're giving me so much credit already and you haven't even heard me yet!" Michi giggled, "I'm flattered.. I used to come here a lot with Mei and sometimes some of her friends. This place was almost like my outlet... or well, one of my many outlets." She said as she sat closer to the karaoke machine, searching through the song catalogue.
Rindo: An outlet huh? I guess it's basically like your version of my ice skating then... It's always nice to have these outlets around. You mentioned it's one of many though, what are some of the others.
last edited over a year ago
"Hmmm... Painting is a big one! There's an art supply shop around where if you pay an entry fee, they have a studio filled with even more supplies they let you use freely. It's fun so maybe one day I can take you!" Michi looked up as she tried to think of other outlets, "Hmm, what's another? Oh! Mei and I used to explore the city, just to find pretty spots we can hang out and talk at, it was pretty calming. Even now, there's one spot we always go to whenever we want to me up." She looked to Rindo, "To be honest though, I would go to these more often when I still lived with my parents."
Rindo: *He thought back to what she said before* Your parents.... Right, you mentioned not having the greatest relationship with your father.... Was... There a particular reason?
"Eh, my father... He's just.. very bothersome about my future. With Mei being a Level 0, he's a little more lenient with her. But, with me being an esper, it's like all he ever cares about.. He thinks that if I'm not properly utilizing my ability in someway in the future, then I'm just going down the wrong path altogether. It doesn't really help that I don't even know what I want to do in the future, ya know..?" Michi sighed, "It would just lead into arguments, we're not even on the same level with anything anymore." She then quickly scratched the back of her head, "Uh, not to make the the conversation down or anything though, I promise I'm fine! But, that's the premise of it.."
Rindo: I see... Well... One thing that I've always been sure of... The future is never set in stone... Even if we don't know what to do now, we'll have nothing but time to figure things out.
Michi looked back to the karaoke machine. "That's the mindset I try to have, but it just gets hard whenever I'm around him.. Everything is always so tense with him. But, since I left, it's like weights were lifted from my shoulders." As she was talking, she found the song she was looking for, "Oh finally, here it is!" She grabbed one of the mics, "Heard of Hikaru Utada before?"
Rindo: Hikaru Utada.......... The name sounds familiar.... I think Kasumi's mentioned her name before....I think she did a soundtrack...
"Heh, Kasumi has good taste then! She helped work on the soundtrack for a few series before." Michi then tossed him one of the mics. "Maybe you'll recognize the song I'm choosing then? Don't be scared to chime in whenever you want to! If not, then just sit back and enjoy your free performance!" She giggled, "Alright?"
Rindo: *He nodded as he caught the mic into his hands* [Hopefully I don't do too badly.. Maybe, this'll be a good first for me...]
"I can only really hope I don't get too carried away like I always do..." Michi thought. She dimmed the lighting of the room just a little bit before she started playing Simple and Clean by Hikaru Utada, the music starting to play from speakers. With the lyrics appearing on the screen, Michi sang each and every word with her heart, almost like it was the artist herself. It was easy to tell how much she liked the song as she only got better with every line. As the song was approaching the chorus a second time, Michi already started to feel herself slowly getting carried away. She slowly started to stand from her seat as she continued to sing:
"When you walk away, you don't hear me say,
'Pleasee, oh babyy, don't go!'
Simple and clean,
Is the way that you're making me feel tonightt,
It's hard to let it go.."
Rindo: *He sat and watched Michi as she sang, being taken in by her voice* [I'd step in to sing.... I'll let her keep going. Still, she's unbelievably cute when she's like this. A girl that lives in the here and now, all of that. This is what that can look like at her peak.]
By the third chorus, you could already tell that Michi completely lost herself to the song. She stepped on top of the low table, almost like it was her own little stage while she sang, her voice and the music completely filling the room. The song slowly starting to come towards the end, she sang the bridge with all her energy, almost forgetting that Rindo was even in the room.
"Hold me!
Whatever lies beyond this morning, is a little later on,
Regardless of warning, the future doesn't scare me at allll,
Nothing's like before!"
Rindo: *He couldn't help but keep a smile on his face, applauding her as the song ended* I've got to admit, you really took the stage there.. See? I figured you'd have a nice singing voice. A beautiful singing voice even.
While the song ended and the rest was really just instrumentals, that's when Michi realized how carried away she got. She quickly stepped off from the table and scratched the back of her head, "Ah, I'm sorry! I always tell myself I won't get carried away and somehow I always do.. But, thank you!" She looked to the side, "I really don't picture myself as all that great."
Rindo: And why don't you? When you get really get into it, you really put on a show. I mean that, you could actually have your own center stage.. I'd guarantee it. *He said with his warm smile on him*
Michi sat back down again on the couch and smiled, "You're so cute. Thank you, Rindo.. I guess I always just see it as something I like to do and I never really think beyond that, ya know? And every time I do it, it's almost freeing and I just simply forget about everything."
Rindo: I was beginning to figure as much... As I watched you sing... You put everything behind you, truly living in the here and now... That moment, showed me Michi Kato..
Michi started blushing from what he said and quickly looked away when she noticed. "I- I guess it did.. Um.. Why don't you choose something and give it a shot now?" She scratched the back of her head, "Obviously, you don't have to go as far as I did.. But who knows, maybe I'll join ya!"
Rindo: Hmm... Well, it won't feel as liberating for me.. But, I don't see why not... *He then began to scroll through the song selection* Let's see...... Well..... *He couldn't help but think as he found the next song* Bluzzard by Daichi Miura huh? Shiki showed me this song. Strange that a song called Blizzard would actually be one of my favorites. *He then selected it, and the song began as the lights dimmed, then changing into a bluish look. He then began to tap his foot to the beat as the song began, the lyrics then began to come on screen*
Monochromatic mother earth
Too dark to see the morning
A tension in the atmosphere
It’s cold and never thawing
Follow common sense
In the way that I’ve been told
But will it really make me happy?
Now I realize my breath has
started to freeze
I’m in the middle of a blizzard
I can feel the pressure
Got ice encased around my heart
The beats the only measure
Of even knowing I’m alive
Come turn this pain to pleasure
Before I shut right down and
shut the door for good
There’s a wall that’s towering over me
If I try to climb it will I succeed?
Oh Oh Oh Oh
I’ll find the truth deep inside
Life is in my hands, so no need to pray
Coz I’m ready now for the judgment day
Oh Oh Oh Oh
It’s gonna be mine to claim
No one else gets to decide
Coz the futures only made for you and I
Michi smiled as she listened to Rindo sing, "For someone who says this isn't their thing, he's better than he probably thinks he is. He's so cute..."
"It may not be liberating, but it doesn't have to feel liberating for you to feel like you're having fun! C'mon!" As the song was transitioning towards the next low verse, Michi got on top of the low table again but this time pulling Rindo with her. She didn't sing with him since she wanted him to have his lil moment, but she stood behind him with her arms over his shoulders as she moved with the music, following along with the mood of the song.
*As Rindo continued with the song, he noticed Michi have her arms over his shoulder*
Rindo: [Michi......] *Though he'd usually lost focus when Michi would do this to him, he began to keep focus in order to continue through the song and keep himself into it*
Such a narrow world
Full of empty dreams
Poison ivy twists
Like my haunted screams
Staring through the fog
I can finally see
I’ll blow it all away
like a blizzard

Ayayayayayayaya
Break the ice
Break the ice
Break the ice now

Ayayayayayayaya
Break the ice
Break the ice
Break the ice now

There’s a wall that’s towering over me
If I try to climb it will I succeed?
Oh Oh Oh Oh
I’ll find the truth deep inside

Life is in my hands, so no need to pray
Coz I’m ready now for the judgment day
Oh Oh Oh Oh
I’ll be the one to decide
It is my right to be free
Coz the futures only made for you and I

And the story will last forever more

*As the song ended, Rindo held her hands that were over his shoulder*
Rindo: I guess you're right... I may not have needed it to be liberating, but it was fun nonetheless.

Michi smiled as he held on to her hand and she cuddled her head besides his, "See, what did I tell you? And not only that but you sang so well, so cute.. Better than you'd probably give yourself credit for. Maybe I'd have to ask you to be my duo.~" She joked.
Rindo: *Without anything else to focus on, he focuses back on Michi. He then blushed as usual* Well, I do appreciate that... [Cute huh? I guess that's just something that comes back to me..]
Michi had a small smile seeing him blush and she felt relaxed having her arms around him and her head back besides his, "Oh? Then, as my potential duo.. Do you wanna try actually doing one together?"
Rindo: Wait, for real? *He nodded* Alright then, did you have something in mind for us to sing at all?
"Ah, well..." Michi scratched the back of her head, "No.. But, I can probably find something!" Just for the moment, she got off from the low table to look through the song catalogue again, "Hmm, how about something by Eve? Anoko Secret and Ao No Waltz are pretty good! Ao No Waltz is a little bit of a softer one. Which would you wanna do, or maybe you have another suggestion?"
Rindo: Well, if we're gonna do this... Then I'll go with Anoko Secret.. It sounds like a pretty interesting song if you ask me...
"Alright, Anoko Secret coming right up!" Michi selected the song, the music beginning to play. The lights started to alternate between pastel colors and she jumped back onto the low table with Rindo again, with a bright smile on her face. "Alternate, sing along with me, truly just sing whatever your heart desires!" As the lyrics were starting to appear on the screen, Michi sang with it, even dancing around the low table a bit:
"She would remember me, remember me although,
I'm barely here, there, or anywhere at all, I know,
Keeping a secret, a secret, a truth told
But couldn't reach her and deeper into blue I go.."
Michi went behind Rindo, putting her arm around him again, "I wanna talk to you, talk to you so long,
Tell you the dumb things that I think until dawn,
But if I told you, I'd tell you it all wrong..
Because my racing heart would be a ticking time bomb!"
Rindo: [Wait a second.......] *He looked back as Michi, he was close to losing his composure. He then focused back on the song again* [No, I've got to get through this. Just like I did before.]
*After Michi stopped singing her part, he went into his part next*
Walking home, I suddenly see
We magically meet, you and me
This must be fate,
or a sign that it’s time
I’m ready to go

I don’t know why-y-y

But my heart has a step and
I really need to show you how I feel
Do all I can
Be on my side, say

No matter what may become of me today

Without you, I-I-I

Couldn’t keep my head straight
And you’re the only
thing that I need now
And always
I don’t need a grip on reality

Everything fades out
like it’s all a dream
Just watching and hearing him sing was enough to make Michi's heart happy. "My amazing little duo.~" She told him. She now had both arms over his shoulders again, instead of one, as she started to sing the next verse,
"I'm calling cupid, oh cupid, his arrow!
It isn't working the way that I thought, no...
'I love you senpai' A secret that you don't know,
But, now my mind has gone white from this big blow..
I'm seeing sides of you I never knew, but I still think
That you just smile on for miles, they aren't for me,
I wanna break it, this promise I can't keep,
But I'm so nice, I couldn't do it after everything!"
Rindo: *He then continued to alternate, he continued on with singing the song. As he got towards the end, he began to hold her hands again*

It’s too bad but this is the end,
I guess it’s
“GAME OVER” then
This can’t be fate, so I’ll try again
I’m ready to go

I don’t know why-y-y

But my heart has a STEP and
Do all I can
Be on my side, say
No matter what may
Become of me today

Without you, I-I-I
And you’re the only
thing that I need now
And always

Everything fades out
like it’s all a dream

I don’t know why-y-y

But my heart has a STEP and
Do all I can
Be on my side, say
No matter what may

Become of me today

Without you, I-I-I

And you’re the only
thing that I need now
And always
I don’t know if this
is what love is like
If it is, say so or I’ll lose my mind

Everything fades out
like it’s all a dream
Michi decided to join in with him as he sang the chorus part for third time,
"I don't know why-y-y, but my heart has a step!
And I really need to show you how I feel,
Do all I can,
Be on my side, say
No matter what may become of me todayy.
Without you I-I-I, couldn't keep my head straight!
And you're the only thing that I need now and always,
I don't know if this is what love is like,
If it is, say so or I'll lose my mind,
I don't need a grip on reality,
Everything fades out like it's all a dream.."
The song was then coming to an end as it was mainly just the instrumentals now. As Rindo held on her hands, Michi excitedly went in front of him to face him, intertwining their hands together again. Her eyes sparkled, "See, you did so good! We did so good together!"
Rindo: *He looked at her with her sparkling eyes, he couldn't help but blush* It felt pretty good too, I didn't realize that after awhile... I lost myself in the song with you.
"Aw, really? That makes me happy! It can be so captivating sometimes. It's a whole different level when you feel like you can relate to what they're saying.." Michi then hugged Rindo, "I know this all isn't your cup of tea, so it really makes me happy to hear that.."
Rindo: Well, even if it isn't.... *He then reciprocated the hug back to Michi* I'm glad that I can make you happy.... I'm glad that I can be someone to put a smile on your face..
From this little moment together, Michi felt her heartbeat escalate. She let go from the hug and turned around, scratching the back of her head, "Man, I'm really going to have to thank Shiki a good million times for waking me up in the library......" She said, mostly talking to herself although she knows Rindo can hear her. She looked back to him, "Hmm, should we do another song?"
(We can do a lil time skip to after they do like a few more songs :p)
(Alright, sending the time skip now.)
Rindo: *He nodded* Yeah, let's do it.
*After a few more songs together, he then sat beside her as he put his microphone back*
Rindo: You know, I don't think I've ever truly understand how to.... Just free yourself from it all... Ice skating, karaoke.... Even if only for just a few minutes.... The escape just happens.. I couldn't ask for anything more.
As Rindo sat beside her, Michi rested her head on his shoulder, feeling a little a sleepy, "Mhmm.. And when you live in a world like this, sometimes its really needed, ya know..? It really nice..."
Rindo: Agreed.... *He then looked at Michi with her head on his shoulder* Mm..... Meeting you really has been something for me.... That much I can say for sure.
"Oh..?" Michi giggled, "I hope you mean in a positive way.... Meeting you.. has probably... been......" She was trying to fight and stay awake for him but before she could even finish her sentence, Michi was already fast asleep on his shoulder.
Rindo: *He sighed* Oh well, I guess I'll get the rest of that at another time.... *He then got her in a prime condition to carry her by piggyback, while not waking her* Guess it's about time I get you home... *He then left the karaoke place with Michi and began to head to her house* You really do know how to fall asleep on the spot.... This really is part of who you are..
"Mm....." Michi comfortably slept on him as he carried her back home. Her arms were loosely wrapped over his shoulders, her head subconsciously cuddling up against him.
Rindo: *He looked at Michi's sleeping head with his eyes as he continued to walk* [There are people who couldn't deal with her like this.... Though I think it's fine.... Although a weird truth be told, I never thought I'd be doing this...] Regardless, it's the least I can do for you.... *He then approached her home, he then rang the doorbell* Hopefully Mei's home....
Although the two don't live together, Mei still happened to be there since she likes hanging around Michi's place. Mei went up to open the door, "Oh, Rindo! I was wondering who it was, Michi doesn't have guests all that often." Then, a second later, she realized Michi on his back. "Oh? You two were together?"
Rindo: Yeah, we were at the karaoke place... She fell asleep a little after our last song... I couldn't just leave her there, so I carried her home.... Thankfully you're here.... Just let me know where I can take her...
"She took you to her little karaoke spot, huh? And you carried her all the way back here...." Mei didn't say much about it but she couldn't help but smile. She moved to the side to let Rindo inside, "Hmm, you can take her to her bed which is just past the door there. I'm not sure how long it'll be until she wakes up."
Michi's place wasn't much. The kitchen and her living room was really just in that one room, with a door that led to her bedroom and inside was another entrance to the bathroom.
Rindo: *He nodded. As he carried her, he looked around the place before he then brought her to her room and carefully put her in her bed* [Rest well Michi...] *He said looking at her before he left the room, he then walked over to Mei* Hey.... I'm just a bit curious.... Well, when I brought her in... You seemed happy that I brought her in with me.... Has no one else done this for her before?
"Hmm, not that I can think of... From what she tells me, they just wake her up, or at least try to.." Mei sweatdropped, "Someone has even called me before to take her. I honestly don't know how sure comes across people like this.."